• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Story: The Big Book of Yoshi Information

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to mention that the frame data for some moves (I noticed pivot grab and shield, there may be others) are wrong. Ref has the corrected numbers in his original post.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Just wanted to mention that the frame data for some moves (I noticed pivot grab and shield, there may be others) are wrong. Ref has the corrected numbers in his original post.
Ref is actually off, Scatz has the correct framerates. I need to update with his.

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
im a new yoshi (sorta) and iv been lookin around everywhere on something that will tell me how to waveland and not just some video showing someone do it. can someone please tell me how to waveland (like slices video on youtube for battlefield)

.Marik

is a social misfit
This guide is actually very good.

It's fairly outdated, but contains the foundations of Yoshi's metagame.

Players just need to continue the process of developing it.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yeah I mean, I think he had the right idea.

And remember, threads are here for discussion, so posting in an old one isn't as bad as you're making it out to be.

I do think the FAQ thread is the best first stop, though.

This thread is pretty good with its info; I think I have it linked in the links sticky.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I knew egg roll came out slow but I didnt know it had the slowest startup of all our moves...

bigman40

Smash Master

Edit: More or less, It needs to be updated with more accurate information (which isn't going to happen unless there's more people to help in other aspects). It's a nice way to explain theories that could work in certain moments, but it's not too practical seeing as how people are just improving as a huge rate nowadays.

Plus, Sharky's thread needs updating. People that know defensive play should update what Bwett had, and there should be a guide to explain Yoshi's offensive game. This and Sharky's thread should just be combined.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Well, I'm far too lazy.

If someone wants to do a combination of the information in both threads, I can give someone take that and put it in the OP of either thread and retire the other (or just put it in the OP of both and only stick one).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I am downloading all of that info to my ipod and will reference it before every match in a tournament

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
I think we should scrap this thread or update it cause some random person on xat was like "I still can't get the CG on D3" I said with who and he said Yoshi. At that point i lol'd and tried to explain that you can't and he insisted that it was just really hard to do and he saw it on the boards lol

Top Bottom