• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Can't Kill the Metal... - A Metaknight Combo vid!!

Dojo

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzNzaPJKSbs

So I've been at this for a few days now. Tru= beat me to it. :)
Anyways I had alot of fun making this video
I hope you guys enjoy.
And expect more to come in the future.
Happy b rawling. :)

P.S.

While thinking of a name for the video, my friend sent me a text during class that said that whole thing should be my combo video title, and i said hey what the hell. :p

Santi

Smash Lord
Your friend is a #&(*% genius. You should prolly thank him instead of ****** his TL. ( and make the edge of paradise video)

Your combo video makes me touch myself.

keep up the good work and win that tourney in 2 weeks.

glad i get to practice against this everyday.

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
i dont know what to say ...... you did every tihng right... but it didn't look well done ....if that makes sence

paOol

Smash Apprentice
pretty sick.
i like how you footstool jump them when they are already doomed.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Needs a new song. How bout, The Metal - Tenacious D? Seeing as how he says "you can't kill the metal" in the song.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Overall good stuff, I picked up a couple tricks.
What's the song? I liked it.

Hurry and add my FC as well, though meta isn't playable on wifi... but we can mess around at least.

brur

Smash Rookie
the guys i play against have a tendency to airdodge the Upb, so if that happens you are in a really tuff situation.
Nice edgefighting style, try maybe to use the FSJ when they are not already done for?

t0ki

Smash Rookie
he uses the footstool just as a taunt, to show off some kind of technical skill, not that it takes much but it adds more finess to the vid. he's better off stage spiking like he so wonderfully utilized in this video than risk taking damage trying to toadstool. maybe dair+fsj might work out for ya. anyways, great job dude, keep up the good work

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Beware the UpB.
Quoted for truth.

As for the video, well...I'm a Metaknight main myself and everything that you've demonstrated in the video is stuff that I already do. I would like to say, though, that I came away learning something:

Use. Down. Air. More.

Good stuff, man. Keep repping Meta.

Smooth Criminal

DrakeFreedom

Smash Cadet
WOW....so many good things to say.... well first of all that vid was awsome. The music was very pretty badass and the variety of moves kept the vid fresh throughout the whole thing. Best MK vid i've seen so far.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Thanks for all the positive feedback you guys. Really glad you all enjoyed it.

Hopefully sometime in the future i can get some more stuff out there for you all. As a matter of fact, in a month or so after a tournament in texas, the toon link showed throughout the video will have his own video out soon after. He's been getting some really amazing stuff down, so look forward to that. :)

Keep brawlin.
-Dojo

Santi

Smash Lord
Thanks for all the positive feedback you guys. Really glad you all enjoyed it.

Hopefully sometime in the future i can get some more stuff out there for you all. As a matter of fact, in a month or so after a tournament in texas, the toon link showed throughout the video will have his own video out soon after. He's been getting some really amazing stuff down, so look forward to that. :)

Keep brawlin.
-Dojo

He lies
:]

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Quoted for truth.

As for the video, well...I'm a Metaknight main myself and everything that you've demonstrated in the video is stuff that I already do. I would like to say, though, that I came away learning something:

Use. Down. Air. More.

Good stuff, man. Keep repping Meta.

Smooth Criminal
I actually sort of posted that on his vid. I never realized how good Meta Knight's areals are in ground combat, especially his dair.

D

Deleted member

?
wheres the other stuff at since im assuming you saw my vid =(

Dojo

Smash Champion
Other stuff?
Haha well I'm assuming your talking about the Down-B considering thats the only thing i know that you did really different in yours.
Sorry, but as of right now I dont like the move too much.

Thanks for all your concerns though....

D

Deleted member

Other stuff?
Haha well I'm assuming your talking about the Down-B considering thats the only thing i know that you did really different in yours.
Sorry, but as of right now I dont like the move too much.

Thanks for all your concerns though....
i did more than that >_>
did you watch the whole thing?

and saying you dont "like"to down b ledge hog isnt telling me anything.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yes I've watched the whole thing. A couple of times actually.

And saying where's the other stuff at isn't telling me anything either. Dunno what else you want.

D

Deleted member

Yes I've watched the whole thing. A couple of times actually.

And saying where's the other stuff at isn't telling me anything either. Dunno what else you want.
if you saw my vid a couple of times then when I of all people say that you should immediately know lol.

EDIT: ok ill ask this.what was the best and most unique part of your vid?

Dojo

Smash Champion
Well, its not really you of all people...its just you.
Everybody else seems to have liked it farely well.

Now idk what problems you have with it, but maybe you can stop worrying about my style of play and video, and can instead worry about your own. A combo video's purpose is to entertain. Im sorry it didn't meet your expectations and you didn't enjoy. But alot of other ppl seem to manage.

EDIT: Dunno if I really have a best part... I guess the combos with dair to upb wall bounce finishes off stage? I dont recall many combo videos to have a BEST part though. They're usually a load of different clips that are really good. Good enough?

D

Deleted member

Well, its not really you of all people...its just you.
Everybody else seems to have liked it farely well.

Now idk what problems you have with it, but maybe you can stop worrying about my style of play and video, and can instead worry about your own. A combo video's purpose is to entertain. Im sorry it didn't meet your expectations and you didn't enjoy. But alot of other ppl seem to manage.

EDIT: Dunno if I really have a best part... I guess the combos with dair to upb wall bounce finishes off stage? I dont recall many combo videos to have a BEST part though. They're usually a load of different clips that are really good. Good enough?
lol i never said i didnt like it.i just wanted to know why there wasnt more variety.your a silly goose.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Because most of my combo's come from edgeguards hence alot of edgeguarded combos = a little less variety. I had other clips of different stuff. But they werent as good in my opinion considering they were 2 to 3 hit combos finishing with smashes...big deal. I like edgeguarding combos better because i personally think its harder to get it off now considering how crazy the air dodge is.

And yeah I still have stuff to work on, no doubt. Always will. I do need to learn how to utiliize the rest of my B moves better as you showed in yours and a bit of other stuff. But I've shown what I have gotten down pretty well, and people have seemed to enjoy it and a few have learned some things.

So thats that.
Glad you enjoyed if you did.

-Dojo

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
member when i said it wasnt very well done? ...... i was compareing it to tru= his is much better(not saying you
rs is bad) its got more flowIMO ......

Dojo

Smash Champion
haha i love how you decide to make up your mind. :)
first it sucks.
then i did a hell of a job.
then it sucks again compared to tru=.

thanks.

D

Deleted member

you didnt like your other clips =(
you should make a directors cut so I can see them!

Zodiac

Smash Master
Looks good, you have good combos good skills, but its just another combo video to add to the mass amount of combo videos we already have.

Top Bottom