• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys are all going to hate me but...

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
I did ness double jump... twice. It was off stage on final destination. I was fighting link, and he Fsmashed me wayyyyy off stage. I double jump, do... something, and then accidentaly press X again while I'm right next to the stage. I double jump again. I forgot to run EX brawl though, so i don't have a replay DDDDDDDDDD:

Anyways, this would be amazing for recovery if we figured it out. Maybe some little part of final destinations bottom is recognized as ground and refreshes your double jump(s)? I don't know but hate on... And discuss... and most importantly...

FIGURE THIS **** OUT!

Nestec

Smash Ace
Eh, you did it right next to the stage? How close were you to the ledge?
Cause if it can only be done THAT close, then there's almost no point...o_o

Interesting find though!

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
Recently I was fighting a CPU Wario. I hit him offstage, he double-jumped, used the bike to jump again, and when I missed a dair he jumped a third time. Battlefield, about 1 body-width away from the ledge. Couldn't record :-/

Uffe

Smash Hero
Eh. This topic had me worried. So you weren't on the stage at all when you did this? The reason I'm asking is because if you were, then it's nothing more than an infinite double jump or whatever that correct term for it is called. You know, the one the Bowser mains like using a lot? That one.

Anyway, I'm wondering if an infinite double jump is possible on the edge of a stage. If it is, then it's something that's already been discovered as being done on stage. If you're able to do this off the stage though, then that's cool. But as I was saying, if you're able to do an infinite double jump near the edge and not have to be on the stage, that could be useful in a way.

I kind of wish you had this recorded, though. Perhaps someone else can explain to us what actually happened or come up with a theory as to why what happened happened. I would have preferred having two double jumps off the stage.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I did ness double jump... twice. It was off stage on final destination. I was fighting link, and he Fsmashed me wayyyyy off stage. I double jump, do... something, and then accidentaly press X again while I'm right next to the stage. I double jump again. I forgot to run EX brawl though, so i don't have a replay DDDDDDDDDD:
This could only mean that Ness is Link's worst matchup.

BTW, define "something". :)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
You don't get your double jump back from being footstooled.

And maybe part of the stage counts as ground, I suppose. It might work in the same way that Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape works. But you said you were no where near the ledge though...I'll try this myself.

And if you want to talk about not getting replays, I failed to take a replay of a match where my fully charged PK Flash activated about 3 seconds after it hit the ground and fizzled out. Not sure WTF happened there.

Player-3

Smash Hero
he ment he footstooled the link

and im pretty sure Ness's DJ looks different than a footstool

Noobicidal

Smash Master
You may have read the Sing canceling thread that was on the Jiggs boards a while back. What we discovered is that there is a place on FD, Japes, and many other ledges that registers both being in the air and touching the ledge, which refreshes your jumps without actually getting on stage. Any character can do this, but it's ridiculously hard if you don't have the fall speed of Jigglypuff.

I'll pull up the thread in a few minutes.

Edit: Here you go.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219048&highlight=sing+canceling

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
No, no, Link was on stage. And they were both double jumps because well... I main Ness. I know what his double jump looks like, none of the other ones have sparkles.

@Noobicidal: That could be it, but I'm not sure.

gm jack

Smash Lord
It's ledge cancelling. It's a trick Zelda's can do with Fayore's Wind. Not sure why, but there is a little point which refreshes your double jump and up B right by the edge.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
okay here i have all the possible answers to this but one still remains okay footstool doesn't give second jump,land animation never happen on top of the stage soo the last thing i could think of is the cancel of the stage grab like this happens to all marth Mainers the double up B if done right after you jump to Dair up B towards the stage but press up B twice and he will do it twice I've done it myself but u cant keep doing over and over again so ness was knocked out and as he was coming back he jumped at the right time like marth but without up B thats wat i can come up with gud luck. oooh do u remember the command u put in before u did the double jump?

Uffe

Smash Hero
He said he didn't grab the edge, though. Unless I read that wrong.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
i'll test this stuff out by rapidly mashing jump as i fall near the ledge in training mode.... I'LL BE BACK!!

Noobicidal

Smash Master
i'll test this stuff out by rapidly mashing jump as i fall near the ledge in training mode.... I'LL BE BACK!!
You're wasting your time then; you have to use an Up B move.

i am so intrigued though as to how this happen. I'm thinking more along the lines on what noobicidal said. I'm gonna go test it out, if anything it would make this Ness's counterpick, for the most part.
Not to burst your bubble, but it's pretty useless, even while using Jigglypuff
aside from Japes; it ***** there
. Also, if the opponent is grabbing the ledge, the "quantum ledge grab" fails to register the renewed jumps.

As I said earlier, there's a certain location on a few ledges that allow you to both stay offstage, yet grab the ledge at the same time, which explains the renewed jumps.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
I thought you were giving up on Ness.. XD The title has mindgamed me...

And when you did this thing, Link was close to you?
Because if you jump next to someone, but you aren't close enough to do a footstool, you'll jump very high, and do a 3rd jump...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if it's related to FD's lip and infinite second jump recovery.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Could it be? There's a hidden floor on FD!!!!

Anywho, I do recall doing two double jumps once but then again, I'm very doubtful. I think it had something to do with that part of FD also but again, doubtful. It probably does have something to do with the Second Jump Renewal and the fact that FD has a hidden floor but IDK.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Could it be? There's a hidden floor on FD!!!!

Anywho, I do recall doing two double jumps once but then again, I'm very doubtful. I think it had something to do with that part of FD also but again, doubtful. It probably does have something to do with the Second Jump Renewal and the fact that FD has a hidden floor but IDK.
In Melee you could use debug mode to see what the stage really is: floors, walls, ceiling, edges, spawn points, everything. Is there any such thing in Brawl?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
can you jump again if you are in a helpless falling state, or do you need to have an upb that allows you to do stuff with it afterwards?

and the second video looks like what we were trying to get at.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
can you jump again if you are in a helpless falling state, or do you need to have an upb that allows you to do stuff with it afterwards?

and the second video looks like what we were trying to get at.
I'm pretty positive you cannot do anything once you are in the helpless state, unless there is some glitch that I am unaware of. Only characters that do not fall into the helpless state can do anything, such as ZSS, Snake, G&W, Pit, etc.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Pit does become helpless, I believe, if you hit him out of his up-B. Or is it just that he can't jump? Now I'm not sure.
Hmm... I think he becomes helpless if he doesn't touch the ground after using his Up-b....
But if you hit him out of his Up-b, then he can still attack, etc.

Top Bottom