• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys are gonna love me...

Hans Bantash

Smash Rookie
Why don't you just post it on youtube now...? Pretty sure anyone who reads this thread knows its some sort of infinite grab combo with ICs.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Yeah get it to youtube im dying here, or can anyone send it to me via MSN or mail or something? Or maybe PM me instructions? I know I can 0-Death every character with alternating throws but this sounds different.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
><
This sounds so awsome, any chance you could send it to me too... or like everyone says, upload it to youtube already? =P

Anyway, Wii FC is on the left, Brawl FC is 0301-9700-1373(Don't use the one on the left)
Thanks alot!

Jazriel

Smash Ace
While this may be cool and all, the idea of "keeping" information is childish. No disrespect Hylian, but it's pointless and immature to be acting all "lololol i has secret maek i sandwuch for infoz".

1) Everyone will know in 6 months regardless of what you do. Either it'll be seen at a tourney or other people will figure it out.
2) This is kinda cheesy, but I would think that everyone would understand that the more techs for Brawl discovered and released the better the game will become faster. Why wait 4 years to learn about wavedashing when someone could've told you 3 years earlier?

Just put it on YouTube and don't say how to do it. The scrubs will call it cheap and the good people will learn how to do it. Same thing as always.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Hylian, you sexy beast gtfo & and go back to G&W boards. :p You need to come over to Dallas so you can play with us peepz.

In the meantime, send me that vid SON.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I agree with Jazriel. There's no point in keeping this a secret. Someone get this onto Youtube, please. I'd post my wii info, but the **** thing stopped working two days ago. D:

Also, Ryanide is a super win art/animationater D:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I am not keeping it secret..I sent the replay to everyone who asked until I went to sleep.

I c an't upload it to youtube atm, but I would be glad to send it to someone who can. If you can then PM me.

Also, the only reason I don't want to explain it, is because it looks really simple on paper XD. But when you see it...it looks amazing :). I want people to see it before explaining it...but you could figure it out just by watching. It's really simple.

It's just a series of different alternating throws, set up perfectly and made to keep your opponent in the same spot.

You have to see it >_>.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Explain it to me in a PM and I'll get you a vid of it in 10 minutes, I've been practicing alternating throws (back, down and forward) for a long time lately.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Explain it to me in a PM and I'll get you a vid of it in 10 minutes, I've been practicing alternating throws (back, down and forward) for a long time lately.
I did. I am also going to send it to I.T.P. When he adds me.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Yeah dude, I hear ya. I've been practicing alternating throws a ton, I definitely have work ahead of me, as I'm still trying to perfect them. So far, back is pretty simple, forward isn't bad either. It's just, I either execute alternating throws perfectly, or I continually mess up the timing. It's true what they say though, Ice Climber combos are all about muscle memory, and with that I mean practice.

Void, I second that notion, you've taught me a great deal about the Ice Climbers, any skill I have with them I have you to thank. With that said, if Hylian is unable to post this on youtube at the moment, I'd like to see you demonstrate it in a video. So guys, someone get a copy over to Void.

Again, thanks Hylian for an awesome find (despite the fact that I have yet to witness it), and thanks Void for teaching me everything else I know.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
I did. I am also going to send it to I.T.P. When he adds me.
Could you send me a PM of what it is? Or, well, I can add you on my Wii I guess.

A friend of mine mains IC's, I'll have to make sure he doesn't know how to do it if it's as good as it sounds >_>

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
Just post it on youtube.

There is no reason to be all "lol its a secret dont tell anyone smiley face"

i second that, its not like anyone cares enough to go scouting for it, why make a thread saying "omg i have a new combo thing but uh u gotta be my friend to see it"
what if i dont want to be your friend, cant we just respect each other as IC players?

are we in middle school man?
jeese....sorry if this sounded mean or whatever, but no one else holds out when they find something. its wrong that you think you can control everything.

edit: ok, now that we've established it isnt some big secret, will you even say what it is? i just hear "alt throws" is this a throw combo?
i dont want to be disappointed, you really should have just explained it in the first place dood

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i second that, its not like anyone cares enough to go scouting for it, why make a thread saying "omg i have a new combo thing but uh u gotta be my friend to see it"
what if i dont want to be your friend, cant we just respect each other as IC players?

are we in middle school man?
jeese....sorry if this sounded mean or whatever, but no one else holds out when they find something. its wrong that you think you can control everything.
Do you even read?

At all?

Please don't be so condesending when you have no idea what you are talking about. I already said I CANT upload it to youtube and I did show everone who asked me to show them.

Thanks for making yourself look like an idiot though.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Well, Hylian just PMed me and sadly we aren't talking about anything new here that wasnt covered in Snowstorm, simply alternating throws until the kill. The method Hylian uses is rather hard for me and I'm already used to another string of throws which is Popo fthrow/backthrow, Nana grab, Nana dthrow, Popo grab, repeat. If people want to see that done from 0 to death I can post it.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hm...You make it sound like alternating b-throws D: If that's the case then curses, that's the toughest one for me.

If no one else then please tell Void how to do it so he can get a video up of it. Or send it to him so he can post your video, I don't care either way as long as SOMEONE enlightens me D:

Also again, I'd give you my Wii info but that wouldn't mean anything since it's offline for the time being :( Lamer it is.

Edit - Ah...so it is alternating b-throws :(

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol Void can't do my method?

I Dthrow to Bthrow to Dthrow to Bthrow..it keeps them in the exact same spot, without having to do just bthrow bthrow bthrow.

Once you learn it, you can do it consistantly pretty easily. Takes a couple of hours of practice though :).

Anyone else willing to try to get it on youtube? You really need to see it to see how effective it is.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hm...d-throw to b-throw to d-throw to etc., eh? Sounds easier than spamming b-throw's.

I don't like alternating throws though :( Still too much room for error to rely on. I guess when I don't have to think about the timing then it'll be useful, but for now...not so much.

One day :O

*tries out the d-throw to b-throw to etc. combo anyway*

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'll try it when i get home.

is there timing to the setup. desyncing, etc? or can you just start with a downthrow and go from there? do you have to pivot grab after the backthrow?

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
I can do your method but I already almost perfected another method which I'm uploading to youtube right now. Popo Fthrow/Bthrow, Nana Dthrow. This does move you a bit but can easily be done on platforms as long as you watch out and dont press down too hard causing Nana to drop through.

EDIT:
Vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF6Gfa63TaA

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can do your method but I already almost perfected another method which I'm uploading to youtube right now. Popo Fthrow/Bthrow, Nana Dthrow. This does move you a bit but can easily be done on platforms as long as you watch out and dont press down too hard causing Nana to drop through.

EDIT:
Vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF6Gfa63TaA
I still think my method is more practicle >_>. You move a ton during that. Also, there is more movement involved in yours and it seems harder and more to memorize.

I would like to see a video of you doing my method if possible.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
I still think my method is more practicle >_>. You move a ton during that. Also, there is more movement involved in yours and it seems harder and more to memorize.

I would like to see a video of you doing my method if possible.
There is no difference between the methods in terms of usefullness, they can both be done anywhere you need them, I move a ton because I do two forward throws here between each back throws just to show it. I can just do Popo Bthrow Nana Dthrow repeat which is the same as what you said but different climbers.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There is no difference between the methods in terms of usefullness, they can both be done anywhere you need them, I move a ton because I do two forward throws here between each back throws just to show it. I can just do Popo Bthrow Nana Dthrow repeat which is the same as what you said but different climbers.
Weird. I find the Dthrow with popo really easy to time when I grab with nana. Then you just have popo walk twoards nana and turn around and backthrow grab it popo grabs them.

How consistantly can you do that void? Would you try it in a tournament match?

My method just seems to be less button inputs then yours, so it seems easier to memorize.

I would still like to see if you could get a video of you doing what I am talking about :).

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Its the same button input:

You do popo dthrow nana bthrow.
I do popo bthrow nana dthrow.

I have no problem grabbing with nana after a popo dthrow but I had a tiny bit of trouble with nana bthrows so I'm doing this method instead.

I would try it in a tourney match for sure, I can get it down most of the time on the more popular characters.

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
I like having nana grab after popo's backthrow because she aligns herself easily. I have trouble moving popo towards nana without having her throw. Any tips?

Pokerface

Smash Apprentice
Hylian could you send it to me please my brawl fc is in my sig and here is my wii code

Wii code: 6177 0067 1143 0884

I'm adding you now

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
biggest let-down ever! Still a great find, but I had simply built it up to much in my mind, I guess.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
biggest let-down ever! Still a great find, but I had simply built it up to much in my mind, I guess.
Thats why I said you have to see it. It looks amazingly impressive on video, but not in text.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Looks impressive as hell but won't people break out before Popo throws them?

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Looks impressive as hell but won't people break out before Popo throws them?
If you start this with 0% and do it at the speed I showed, then probably they will. Intead you should rack damage with dthrow to fair (At low % remember this is not techable and not escapeable) and then go to alternating throws. Or you can do it faster :p

Here is another version using backthrows only: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiW90quHDqg which in my opinion looks the coolest.

Anyway, you really only need to practice one method, preferably one that involves bthrows so you can go back and forth. Learning to use all 3 throws will make you suffer less from diminishing throws but it barely matters.

Top Bottom