• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys need to brace yourselves, because...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Yup even TP got a 8 from gamespot and it was an awesome game..
LOL tp was just good wan't even close to awsome, the only way it got good scores from other reviewers is because of its name, the game wasnt even close to oot or alttp.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I really don't care much for reviews, some of my favorite games have gotten some low reviews because they always compare it to other games.

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
Every ***** in the world could declare: "ZOmg Brauwl is da suxx0rz u no plai it n00b" and I wouldn't give a flying ****. If it weren't for Brawl, my life, and thousands of other lives, would be so much emptier.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Every ***** in the world could declare: "ZOmg Brauwl is da suxx0rz u no plai it n00b" and I wouldn't give a flying ****. If it weren't for Brawl, my life, and thousands of other lives, would be so much emptier.
Quoted for truth.

Smash Ace
some of my favorite games have gotten some low reviews because they always compare it to other games.
Heh, it would be hard to review a game without comparing it to others. If a game is excellent, then it must (by definition) be better than most of its competition.

That being said, I agree that they manage to pull some inane comparisons. I honestly don't trust any reviewers; I find talking to people I know who bought/played the game much more informative.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
IGN is the only review site that I give a little bit of credibility. Nintendo Power is epic fail because it's called, well, Nintendo Power. Why the **** WOULDN'T they pimp SSBB's score? I have a good feeling IGN is going to give it a lot of recognition though -- Matt and Bozon really like the game.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Why did you change your avatar from that Tazmanian Devil thing?

Obviously some reviewers will be ******** and be like "omgz m4rlo's in da game -10" because they suck, but I expect Brawl to have an average above 90% purely because of content. Even stupid *** reviewers can realise the sheer amount of stuff crammed into this game.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
doesnt bother me if gamespot gives it a 7 or an 8. it would just hurt their credibility even more. cuz everyone knows brawl deserves a 10 or at least a 9.5. game review dont really matter. look at rayman raving rabbids 2. it got low scores but those scores dont apply to everyone. its still a goods game, same with madden 08 for wii. i have it and i LOVE IT! even though the scores as a whole were 7 and low 8's. BRAWL IS GONNA ROCK!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Realistically, I actually see Brawl getting reviews from the lowest 7.5, to 9.5. Sure there will be raging fanboys rating it 10, and n00bs rating it 1, but the average score is looking to be about 8.5

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Famitsu gave it perfect.

Also what is difference between 9.7 and a 10? No one cares we're all still going to rip each others' throats in wifi play.

Deej

Smash Rookie
Well, I dont suppose many people are going to come here for fair or impartial opinions on the game. Not saying thats a bad thing, or not to be expected, but I dont anybody really cares what Brawl gets on these boards. And rightly so.

However, your spot on in regards to it not getting the credit it will deserve. This is the ultimate homage to the Nintendo Fanboy. If people don't get that, they'll never understand the game.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
while ive always paid attention to the ratings games get in general, what some douchebag says about a game i want could really mean **** to me. its just like people. if everyone else says your girlfriend is trash but you love her to death, than does it matter?

in the end, the score that others give is not what matters, what score do you give it is the real question

Darkburst

Smash Cadet
Nintendo Power is epic fail because it's called, well, Nintendo Power. Why the **** WOULDN'T they pimp SSBB's score?
Actually, from what I see, most of their ratings are relatively on-par with he rest of the video game reviewers, with two main exeptions:

1. Games rated 8.0- for some reason some games are lumped into the 8.0 rating despite having lower ratings with the rest of the reviewers. Dunno why.

2. Sonic games. Ironicaly, most of the guys working at Nintendo Power are Sonic fanboys. :chuckle:

lazychi

Smash Cadet
i kinda expect reviewers to NOT give smash a perfect score. I dont care at ALL what sites give so it wont affect me much.

J18

Smash Journeyman
i don't think you really had to tell everybody about this, it's not gonna change anything.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
Brawl will not get 10/10s from every publication. The press *rarely* acknowledges the depth of the Smash series (only Screwattack and Nintendo Power have) and generally considers it to be a party game.

It's a sad fact that we're a minority and most of the world doesn't think the way we do. There are so many things about the Smash series that uninformed reviewers will complain about, like online, friend codes, "dated gameplay"and others.

I just don't want you to get your hopes up and have them crushed because GI or EGM gives it an 8.7. It doesn't matter what they think of the game, because they don't know anything about it. What matters is what you think of the game, because you're the that will be playing it two, three, maybe five years from now. Not them.
it got a 40/40 on its review in famitsu magazine... and melee got a 5/5 on xplay, get over it, brawl will score in the 9's, it isnt just us.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Reviews don't bother me... some of my favourite games have scored under 5/10.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I agree with the TC.

Unlike some fanboys that PMS when their favorite game gets a lower than expected score, I just read reviews to see how the reviews see the game and I play it regardless of the score anyway. The only way reviews affect my judgment is if I've never seen or played the game before.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
The OP should have said "Brawl won't get a ten from GAMESPOT". Gamespot hates all games.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm sure some god awfull cookie cutter shooters will do better than Brawl. But who cares about what one gamer has to say, just because he has a publication to write in?
So what. We'll know the true greatness. Plus, it got 40/40 with Famitsu. Hell with American gaming press.

Does anyone here give a rat's *** what Brawl is rated? Nintendo could slap "Super Smash Bros." on an Atari 2600 cart of E.T. and they've got my money.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Brawl will not get 10/10s from every publication. The press *rarely* acknowledges the depth of the Smash series (only Screwattack and Nintendo Power have) and generally considers it to be a party game.

It's a sad fact that we're a minority and most of the world doesn't think the way we do. There are so many things about the Smash series that uninformed reviewers will complain about, like online, friend codes, "dated gameplay"and others.

I just don't want you to get your hopes up and have them crushed because GI or EGM gives it an 8.7. It doesn't matter what they think of the game, because they don't know anything about it. What matters is what you think of the game, because you're the that will be playing it two, three, maybe five years from now. Not them.
Good point. The fact is, ALL REVIEWING SITES SUCK! They're either Halo suckups or haters. Gametrailers and Game Informer are the best, but they've been crap as of late. No chance in hell COD4 is better then Galaxy, or Galaxy isn't a 10/10, and is better then 99% of the 10/10 games they've named. Brawl's going to get 9's and 10's straight across the board. The fact is ALL REVIEWERS SUCK! Most of them are fanboys who suck, anyways.

Game Informer won't get away with anything less then a 9.75 (they said it isn't completely changed, lol! *points at E for All goers attendies' opinions*), GamePro is for scrubs, and I don't give a rat's a** about EGM. Fact is, don't listen to gaming magazines or media, listen to your friends. And SmashChu, don't even compare GameSpot with anyone. GameSpot is a Sony fanboy's paridse, and they are getting less popular by the second. Anyone predicting the PS3 will win this generation of gaming is RETARTED! *points at sales*

Point is, smash attracts everyone. It has no genre. It has no single fanbase type (competitve, casual, hardcore=they all love it). Fact is regardless of what gaming media says, the game is going to sell well over 8 million units, and it'll go straight up their a**. Hell, GameSpot gave Melee a 8.7 for crappy single-player, and not the biggest or best roster (they only played the 15 starters, lol). Expect more s***-heads like that to rate the game. But the fact is, sales=everything, and Brawl has the sales coming. They'll all fail, anyways! :laugh:

The gaming media is all in their little gaming faction, while general gamers are elsewhere. The only "real" "reliable" ones are GameTrailers, GameInformer, and IGN (sorta). And they rate based on "origianlity" over gameplay=s***. GT says Twilight Princess is better then Ocarina of Time. OOT got a 9.8, and TP got a 9.5. Shouldn't TP have gotten a 9.9=??? Halo 3 was a PURE F**ING SEQUAL, and got a 9.8. Notice the bull s***=??? EXACTLY! Proves that GT is run by a bunch of fanboys. IGN is run by n00bs who don't know which button does what. And GI is crazy for not giving Galaxy or Prime 3 a 11/10, yet they give two other games of 2007 a 10/10. GI also says SPM is better then PM1 and 2, and yet not many people agree outside of the gaming media. Point is, Gaming Media is generally run by SCRUBS!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So you mean if someone says smach sucks, it actually doesn't and it's just that one persons personal opinion? No duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom