• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You know, there is one small thing you can do to regulate all this mindless arguing

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Change your title from "anti-Brawl" to "anti-competitive Brawl."

I recommend doing this simply because the majority of you always say the same bloody thing: "Oh I think Brawl is fun, I just hate how the competitive scene is shaping up/the nonexistance of depth/blah blah blah."

If you hate one aspect of the game, why not openly STATE what aggravates you before you go and rile up everyone with such a broad statement?

If you absolutely HATE Brawl, you will be referred to as "anti-Brawl."

If you hate how it seems to have no depth, or anything related to the competitive aspect, you will be "anti-competitive Brawl."

Agree/disagree? Doesen't matter, it makes the most sense.

Do the right thing and at least make an ATTEMPT to stop the mindless flame wars. Associate yourself with the right title.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Funny how you ask us to change our stated opinion, ask us our opinion of this thread, and then say our opinion doesn't matter anyways.

But I agree nonetheless, I'm sick and tired of these pointless flame-waiting-to-happen threads.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
this is flame bait and you arnt helping at all with what you said, in fact, you are only adding to the problem with youre hypocracy. there IS going to be disagreement about this game, we are many people disscussing the same game, we will have different opinions, so either deal with this till it dies down or just leave.

M.K

Level 55
Mindless people will continue to do mindless things, including mindlessy bashing Brawl.
Thankfully, there are still a few of us intelligent people like you and me left around here to clean up after the haters.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Funny how you ask us to change our stated opinion, ask us our opinion of this thread, and then say our opinion doesn't matter anyways.

But I agree nonetheless, I'm sick and tired of these pointless flame-waiting-to-happen threads.
MINDGAMES SON!

Seriously though, the fact is flames start up because people say they are anti-brawl, when in reality they don't like the competitiveness of Brawl. This causes discord because of stuff lost in translation, and it is painlessly simple just to clarify what it is you don't like about the game in the first place.

Of course, then there are the people like Error_Alt_Delete who don't even bother reading or comprehending the message of the thread and instead just go straight to bashing.

Such are the ways of SWF.

pirkid

Smash Lord
MINDGAMES SON!

Seriously though, the fact is flames start up because people say they are anti-brawl, when in reality they don't like the competitiveness of Brawl. This causes discord because of stuff lost in translation, and it is painlessly simple just to clarify what it is you don't like about the game in the first place.

Of course, then there are the people like Error_Alt_Delete who don't even bother reading or comprehending the message of the thread and instead just go straight to bashing.

Such are the ways of SWF.
Of course, this will always exist.

We hate some games because we do not know them; and will not know them because we hate them.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Why does it matter what these people say?

I only see it as less competition, because they aren't going to compete.

You do have a good idea though. But I have to say... Brawl lacks depth, but I'm not against competitive playing. What would I be classified as then?

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Why does it matter what these people say?

I only see it as less competition, because they aren't going to compete.

You do have a good idea though. But I have to say... Brawl lacks depth, but I'm not against competitive playing. What would I be classified as then?

Anti-Brawl Depth.

The point is immediate clarification of the issues you have with Brawl. Be specific. That is the biggest point.

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
You really wish for rethoric to be respected here, the source of the new "casual" definition?

there's another way to stop it: resist the urge to reply a idiotic comment, and avoid starting a thread . I'd say only if you have something important to say, but, I bet wneh you got something to say, someone already posted it, so double posting is pointless.

Top Bottom