• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You know what would be a cool idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corigames

Smash Hero
As if to say that people care about yours? Adding color to your text doesn't excite depth in your words.

Get ***** 08

(Besides, having a new character in smash that's exterior to any cannon game is just pointless to the prospect of smash. The point is to fight characters from different established games. The least you could say is make fighting wireframes from Melee a character.)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Corey, if people didn't care about Maxdeuh's oppinion, why would several people come to willingly share their own?

And how is it pointless, since several of the moves of many characters are ones that had to be customed into fitting into the Smash World, and don't all mesh with the actual character's abilities.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
ROB is in this game and never appeared in another. That's no longer a legitimate argument.

I don't think Necrid-type guys would work. It always seemed pointless to have a character that could kinda sorta copy moves when another character could copy all moves.

This is kind of off topic but before Brawl came out, a friend and I discussed having Link from Majora's Mask be in Brawl. He had no real Special moves - all his B moves except Up B changed his form with masks. B was Deku Mask, Side B was Zora and Down B was Goron, and then by changing his form his regular attacks would change too. When Pokemon Trainer came out it was kinda like that, but I that's another thing that might work.

Create a character is a bad idea, cause you could just pick the best moves.

Honestly tho I'd just like to see skins. Make a Zant skin for Ganondorf, so at least you can kinda sorta play characters who didn't make it in.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Corey, if people didn't care about Maxdeuh's opinion, why would several people come to willingly share their own?
Because people are not listening to his or her opinion. This conversation, as with any other new character to smash discussion is just brought down to "I want my favorite character in the game," at the first sign of mentioning the roster. Max's opinion has basically, and shamelessly, been trampled by that notion. Not entirely, but mostly. Also, everyone mentions Geno in these things.

And how is it pointless, since several of the moves of many characters are ones that had to be customized into fitting into the Smash World, and don't all mesh with the actual character's abilities.
There is a difference between taking a recognized character and tweaking their moves so that they are acceptable in smash to creating an entirely new character. First, that character holds no attachment to anyone or anything. As I said before, that detracts from the purpose of playing Smash in the first place: to fight with character from Nintendo games. Pointless may have been an exaggeration, but not too great.

Also, the drama was tertiary. Anyone that regularly uses their eyes shouldn't have to try to make out dark red on black or otherwise. I don't see how it's necessary/cool/creative to do that, which was suppose to be the point. If you want people to know you or remember you, it shouldn't be by how irritating it is to read your posts.

Jesustl64

Smash Cadet
they should make some of the assist trophys playable characters like that one guy from golden sun i cant remember his name but his attack rules

finalark

SNORLAX
they should make some of the assist trophys playable characters like that one guy from golden sun i cant remember his name but his attack rules
The name you're looking for is Isaac, his attack is "push."

Yeah, I was really hoping Isaac would get in as playable but he got to be an assist trophy. Oh well, better than nothing.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I would love one character like this:

B - Absorber (Like Lucas [ness/Gaw])
Side B - Reflektor (Something like Falcos [Fox/Wolf])
Down B - Counterattack (Marth [Ike/Lucario] something like that)
Up B - Inhale xD (On the ground normal Inhale, in the Air he rises up xD)

This character would be to epic xD

=> Mr. Defensiv xD

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Interesting idea, but that would pretty much defeat the purpose of having Nintendo/third party characters fighting eachother.

The Smash series features already-exsisting playable characters from different franchises, not playable characters thats from the 'host' franchise.
I totally agree with you.

Sam3231

Smash Rookie
I also am articulate and well-understood. I don't hide behind style to have memorable internet relationships. :p

Seriously though, having 8 different colors of text on one page makes it look like a gay pride board. So, when I see people using text that not only is bad for the boards scheme but is also in the context of other multi-color users... it's just difficult to read.
I don't mind a different color as long as it's easily visable with the gray background. But if someone chooses for example... a dark red on a dark gray background im just like ahh...

wat a jerk.

Relative to the topic - Yeah another character sakurai could take full credit for would be great... I figure he wouldn't give him a chain grab on half of the cast or a moveset with ridiculously low lag... hell, lets just give him invincibility this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom