• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

you ungrateful *******s, post here: Lucario General Chat v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubsta5

Smash Cadet
I'm going to Genesis >_>... Seeing as it's only 2 hours away, I have no reason not to. (But who the hell am I, anyways?)

As for the "agro" part of this thread, I play a rather aggressive Lucario, mostly because I detest camping in any game, and in any form. I've found some interesting and ******** approach options in the experience I've had.

Interesting (but risky... consider them extra options when out of options?):
-RAR Nair (falling through the shield to follow up with a grab)
-Empty-hop -> Uair (surprise kill, if they drop their shield)
-B-reversal while jumping away from the opponent (must face them during the jump, which causes you to run into them with a charging AS, can make for a good setup ^_^)
-Retreating-RAR Bair -> D-tilt/F-tilt (basically, RAR a Bair but back away so you hit the shield with the tip, and punish punish attempts with the tilt)

******** (but fun ^_^):
-RAR Fair -> B-reversal (looks awesome)
-RAR Uair -> Dair (hitting the shield with the tail hitbox of Uair, and trying to shield poke below their shield with the dair)
-FH-Retreating Dair -> B-reversal (I've only ever done this once, and it worked XD. Basically, you dair the edge of a shield out of a full hop, and as you're backing away, B-reverse into them)

What can I say? I like to try creative things during friendlies. Obviously, these aren't going to work for long, if ever, but sometimes it's nice to just completely throw your opponent off guard with some quirky mindgamez. (Hell, I won a match against a Marth friend by just using D-tilt twice, and that fact that I used d-tilt made him try to over compensate for changes in my game, which lead to him playing very differently and predictably.)

Note: Pardon all spelling/grammatical errors and made-up words :).

Timbers

check me out
-RAR Nair (falling through the shield to follow up with a grab)
BoA did something similiar to this when he still played Lucario. RAR dairs into nairs, allowed you to use the lower hitbox in front of Lucario to hit the back of shields on smaller characters. Definitely has uses but I never really used it much, as I didn't like sacrificing fair.

Nubsta5

Smash Cadet
Most of the things I mentioned were options to avoid the typical sh-fair approach (and trying to use Lucario's entire moveset).

Against people that like to jab out of the jab combo, I've found jab -> DT can work wonders, but it's almost never suggested XP.

Browny

Smash Hater
lucarios roll goes a mile. if marth has you pinned against the edge, his grabs tricks are no more effective than any other character. id be more worried about snake/DK/G&W grab tricks than i ever would with marth lol

Timbers

check me out
Doesn't Marth have a grab trap which we can only roll out of, so Marth can predict and punish?
That's because Marth outspeeds all of Luc's close quarters game, not because of a stupid brawl mechanic.

and yeah it's really not that dangerous. It's not even a tech chase really, just a good way for Marth to get us closer to the ledge.

Timbers

check me out
brawl+ looks pretty fun lol, haven't played it. I don't know of anyone who plays it though and the idea of playing a constantly changing beta is a bit offsetting to me. I'd definitely make it an effort to try and play it when/if an "official" release of B+ comes out.

We keep missing each other on MSN wuffpup ;~;

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I'm getting more into Brawl+. I personally love it, and think that there needs to be more tournaments. I don't like Lucario that much in it, but all-in-all it's incredibly fun.
Sheik is absolutely FTW.

So... fun? Yes.
Balanced? So far it seems to be pretty balanced. It is constantly changed, though, so balancing it will happen over time.
Deep? Well, you can't really say it's less deep than vBrawl.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
So what are people's opinions on Brawl+?

Fun, no fun? Balanced? Deep?

Also new avatar. ;3
It's fun, definitely not balanced :( Jiggles and Squirtle **** everyone.

it's basically a game of whoever hits the other player 1st. if you needed techskill it'd be cool but since it's Auto L-Cancel >.>

Squirtle ***** yo *** at Brawl+

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
The biggest thing i hate about Brawl + is the inescapable combos. c falcon has very reliable set ups for a sweetspotted knee. Fox's dair sets up for usmash. However, Meta Knight is balanced cuz his only kill move is dair gimp. Lucario's air game takes a hit due to increased gravity, but utilt combos into more things now. Uair in the nightly builds has a stronger body hitbox. Dair can't be used to stall anymore (repeatedly, so you can't dair like 10 times in a row), which changes a lot of things.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Hmmmmm, interesting... I'll have to check it out... that is, after I get texture hacking working through SD cards instead of burned ISOs...

Nubsta5

Smash Cadet
Brawl+ Lucario is amazing.

The lingering hit boxes, along with increased stun, allow very easy combo'ing for him. Even if you whiff the initail attack, if they run into the lingering hit box, they get stunned anyways and you can combo from there.

-Up-tilt combos into itself and aerial combos.
-Dash attack is actually a very viable approach because it sets up MANY combos.
-Up throw is amazing, and down throw is at low percents.
-Even with 0-death combos (which are very hard to do, btw), it's still not too hard to stay at high aura percents, especially since the higher percent you are, the harder it is to kill you because it's hard to combo high-percent characters.
-Fairs -> Aura sphere kill is actually a true combo instead of a lack of air dodging.
-Luc's Up B *****!!!! He can attack and air dodge out of it; it carries his momentum after the move finishes, instead of stopping him in place; and if you do it along the ground, it acts like a wavedash (don't jump before holding down, lol). Finishing a combo string with an Up B to Bair/Uair is amazing.

Doing an 18-hit combo against G&W without fear of being neutral aired out of everything is a good feeling ^_^.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
IMO, aggro Lucario is a terribad idea unless you openly know that your opponent won't be able to punish Fair/Nair/(or even)Uair approaches. Otherwise, Lucario should not approach when given a choice, unless punishing (lol approach punishing). Like everyone said, Lucario's approaches are few and far, and also easily punishable. Shield grab ftl.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Hey, is there any new Lucario combo videos for brawl or brawl+? Just wanting to know to try and improve my game.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Not that I have seen, But im sure the magicians back in Brawl+ are working around to get some other characters out.
Why don't you request they make another lucario video, thats your best bet. That it is.
-t2

Timbers

check me out
combo videos in brawl are pretty bad at using for trying to improve your game, since any combo in brawl is because the opponent made a string of bad decisions, not necessarily because the user made good decisions

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Uthrow is nice for mindgames, especially if the scrub intends to retaliate with an aerial coming down, and you get a free strutted fsmash.

Timbers

check me out
I still like dthrow. Doesn't really have combo potential but neither does uthrow when everyone in this game can **** you out of anything you do after it, not worth the 4% lol.

Trela

Smash Lord
Hey, is there any new Lucario combo videos for brawl or brawl+? Just wanting to know to try and improve my game.
I'm working on a Combo Vid with 3 other players (MABYE 4), and it'll be ALL educational :D

Once I hack my Wii, I'll start playing some Brawl+...

=Trela=

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Heh, The title did make me check it out.
Then, I saw how boring it is, and thus why I left.
-t2

*edit
Wait, theres discussion. Why'd we leave?
Go.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It seems that I'm not alone in being bored.

So uhm..... fun stuffs..... I can't think of any.

So I herd Lucario can fly. Like Pit. And just like Pit, he has a short attention span and quickly forgets how to fly and falls to his death like an idiot.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
.... what is this.

Didn't I just.

I thought I made a topic like.

*Rips Timbers' face off

So, what's poppin, kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom