• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Young Link Discussion

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Depends if you're more focused on winning or showboating imo. If you're more focused on winning, just stick to the bread and butters that work and aren't too risky. If you're focused on showboating, go for the offstage dair/firespike.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'd agree if it were Link.

I go balls out when I play Link cuz at least I know I have a chance on making it back cuz it's ****ing Link.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
YL has a shorter hookshot and no bomb jumping. I think the only thing that YL's recovery has over Link's is that his upB goes higher/further?

Bing

Smash Master
Yeah that is true, but honestly. when are you going to be bomb recovering when dair/firespiking someone as Link? Like you honestly will be up-bing(lol) 99% of the time....

rhan

Smash Hero
I was talking about jumping off the stage. lol

You don't do that anyway. You can edgehop dair and try to flame spike that way. Otherwise doing it like that is just foolish.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Some version of the game people like samus, link and Young Link could cancel they're tumble animations by either grabbing a boomerang, or samus using her down B. So samus would Down B, Wait a second, Airdodge Up, Throw grapple the bomb would then make her bomb jump, nullifying the tumble animation.

rhan

Smash Hero
The older version was better for any character that had any sort of rapid attack. It's harder to DI out if it happens to quickly. Ez damage.

But yeah boomerang can cancel out the dead fall animation if caught out of it.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Had a blast playing YL this past weekend :D The only MMs that I did were with YL, and I won all of them :D Lol

I love this guy =) I'm going to an AZ this weekend again and I'll see if anyone else wants to MM =)

YL <3

:phone:

rhan

Smash Hero
Axe you can't get good with YL..

Next national. It's my time to shine. *coolshades*

GET BIG!

luv you! <3

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I wish they'd release a new version of Brawl thats like Melee, lol.
Project M will unfortunately never be as popular as Melee because its a hacked game.

rhan

Smash Hero
Hey guys. The people making Project M deserves praise. They're trying.
One of the developers of it is in the Navy with me and he's actually 20 minutes away from me. I play it from time to time. It's getting good. Pit's fun (Though they nerf him hard cuz of me.. sorry.. :(), Toon Link is a little like YL and 64 Link combined, Lucario is my most favorite to play right now though even though he's kinda hard to learn his BnB's. He's pretty much a Street Fighter character at the moment. Skoryuken and helicopter kick n ****.

It's getting legit.

Bing

Smash Master
Yeah Rikana, a Toronto smasher I play with once and awhile is also a developer, it is really good, I only got to play for about 10 minutes, and when I did, I used mostly Sonic, who I really enjoyed, it is a lot of fun, just unfortunately I dont think he can reach the hype that Melee/Brawl have :(

Top Bottom