• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Epic Moments

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever had an epic moment? Something breathtaking and awe inspiring, and or awesome? Write about your epic moments here. My most moment was when I was playing paintball someone threw smoke into our little fort made out of a wall of broken picket fence. Our little band of 5, the blue team, had to defend against 2 other 15 player teams. These guys were pretty beast too, one had a paintball RPG7 (Yes they make them), it hit my buddy across the chest, he had somewhere around 200 welts (The RPG shot a burst of paintballs.). When he got out, my buddy gave me his paint grenades. I played dirty and took out my marker repair kit, took duct tape and wrapped it around the grenade. I got my other friend, a star pitcher on my school's baseball team, to toss it at the RPGer. We took out most of the red team by doing that. Then I just randomly tossed all of the rest. Then the numbers got low enough to pick them off. The smoke made my eyes tear up, and my mask was really foggy, but me and the team succesfully won. It was beastly epic.

UberMario

Smash Master
I can just picture you as Solid Snake doing that. lol

And I guess lapping half the field of 15 cars in a go-kart race within 10 laps to be pretty epic. (Real life)

It's a shame I haven't found one that actually keeps points/pays out money, because I'd love to join one.

tko112

Smash Lord
my epic moment would b when I narrowly won @ Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 in a close race where my opponents crashed @ da last turn

Skweege

Smash Cadet
Epic moment: back flipping off the stage at a streetlight manifesto concert then having the crowd catch me. life was good that day.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Everytime I get out of bed, I think "I will do something with my life. It will go somewhere, I will inspire thousands maybe even millions. I will do something that will get me a place with legends and godly beings. I will use my life to impact everyone elses. I will assist others and be repayed eventually. My being will help humanity in one way or another. God only knows what it will be but I will do something great."

Tacel

Smash Lord
Game over. You won life. Ill never be able to do that! best ill do is a bear cub.
Oh, yes. It was quite simple, considering it was a garbadge bag filled with plastic bags. It put up a good fight. I thought it had me for awhile there, too.

It was for a storytelling skit I had to preform for kindergarteners and first graders.
That was sort of epic :/

Skweege

Smash Cadet
Im picturing it now. Though the image isnt quite right. For some odd reason is lobsters consuming your teacher?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
When my first boyfriend and the only person I've ever had feelings for left me.

Tacel

Smash Lord
If you would call the students lobsters, then yes.

One of my actual epic moments was when my two friends and I went to a park to have a snowball fight. We were walking home from school and had the idea. I quick put my backpack down on the bench and waited for my friends. In the meantime, I was making a snowball. Apparently, I compact the snowball a lot and it's sort of like an iceball then, and not only that, I throw hard. I also play baseball, so I have an experienced arm. While my friend is getting ready, I pelt one at his chest and it made a hard noise. By throwing that unexpected snowball so hard, I made him piss his pants. No lie. It was pretty epic.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
When I was in my Gym class, our class started playing a game called speedball. (If your not familiar with speedball, the objective is to catch the ball in the opposing team's endzone, but you are only allowed to take 3 steps before having to pass the ball to a teamate) Well, towards the end of the game, one of my teamates threw the ball way over everyone's head. I saw the ball go over my head, so I decided to chase after it. While I was running I realized that I couldn't jump high enough to catch the ball, so by instinct, I ran straight into the wall in the end zone and wall kicked off of the wall to catch it. I got up pretty high.

It was epic.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
There was this massive party I was at and there was a huge beer pong tournament going down.

Teams of 2v2 with 3 tables going.10 cups.

Anyway my team get to the final.We are down to 1 cup each,It's not my turn yet so I go to the toilet.I come back and my teammate is like "Aidan It's your turn you gotta finish this now" I in my drunken arrogance go "yeah whatever" and without even looking at the cup sink the last shot.

Everyone went crazy.It was awesome.I didn't think in a million years I would make the shot.

The opposing team were totally shocked.

BluePSI

Smash Champion
NNID
BluePSI
meh, mines not to good but :p
I fell over while playing basket ball, and managed to fall into a barrel roll and get myself up from it :D

Tacel

Smash Lord
meh, mines not to good but :p
I fell over while playing basket ball, and managed to fall into a barrel roll and get myself up from it :D
Actually, that is one of the coolest ones.

Oh how I wish to be your basketball coach...

...DO A BARREL RoLL!!!
Use the boosts to get through!
Try a summer salt!
It's quiet... too quiet...
Be careful... it's a trap!
Never give up. Trust you instincts!

MojoMan

Smash Ace
once caught a firefly between two figners without killing it by accident. I did the same thing with a stick of gum flying across the room.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I was having a bean bag chair fight in my basement and one of my friends was 2 feet in front of me and was coming around with a full body swing of the chair. I knew I couldn't dodge it normally, so at the last minute I bent my body forwards and it just glanced over my back. It's hard to explain it, but it was so ninja like.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
so like 4 years ago I was living in the cold desolate wasteland known as Calgary and working for a moving company and I haven't got paid in awhile but my company tells me they have a check for and there office is on the other side of Calgary in the industrial section of Ogden, and I don't have a car or very much money so I usually walk to a c-train station which are technically 2.25 for a ticket but if you watch for c-train officers who check for tickets you can get off when they get on and you don't have to pay. so I take a c-train to some stop and walk like 5km to this office pick up a check and then walk back, which took me a few hours, so I'm pretty tired at this point and when I get to the c-train station and super relieved when a c-train pulls up I get on and lay back on a seat pretty pleased with myself and my new paycheck throw on my headphones and listen to some music, (this is in January by the way) ready to go buy some food and herb and relax.
now keep in mind I haven't bought a ticket on the c-train coming back either and I hadn't really been paying attention watching for officers, so at some c-train s top near the saddle dome these c-train officers get on and usually they look like old fat security guards, but this one looked early 20's bald head wiry physique sort of looked like he was fresh out of the military, and asks me for my ticket, and immediately my heart starts pounding cause I really can't afford to pay for a 150 dollar ticket but one of my friends friends had told me that the c-train officers don't have any jurisdiction off of the c-train platform and if you can outrun them and get off of the platform they can't chase you, so believing this to be true I say to the officer ah hold on I have to look for it, and I'm wearing a big dirty parka with lots of pockets and start fishing papers and receipts out of my pockets pretending to look for it, and the officer says ok hold on I'll come back to you and then proceeds to check other peoples tickets, so as the train is just about to leave again, I walk over to the door all confident look at this fat lady who is sitting next to the door wink and smile at her and press the button to open the door, the bald headed officer looks back at me and shouts HEY STOP and I take off out the door onto the crowded platform. now I consider myself to be fairly athletic and a pretty fast runner so I'm confident I can outrun this dude, so I just start sprinting up these stairs into the main station but when I'm running up the stairs my headphones are pulled from the inertia of me sprinting up the stairs off my neck and start dragging behind me going up the stairs and they are big headphones not ear buds, but they're pretty old duct taped up headphones and im not really too worried about losing them if it means getting away without a huge fine, so I just think that they will eventually be ripped completely out from my discman, but this isn't what happens, as I get to the top of the platform and sprint across to go down the opposite staircase the headphones are still being pulled behind me and then when I hit the declining staircase and my momentum is halted they are snapped from dragging behind me forward , swing around my feet consecutively tying them together, so my feet are basically tied together with my head phones, meanwhile this officer is constantly yelling STOP RIGHT THERE, STOP RIGHT NOW sprinting behind me. so when I get to the bottom of the staircase which leads onto the opposite platform I make a split second decision to run in front of the slowly starting to move ctrain and jump the chain link fence on the other side thinking that the officer wouldn't follow me. and I can barely move my feet at this point more than a foot and a half apart because of my headphones which are wrapped around them.
so I jump down onto the tracks hobble across them jump onto the fence and do this crazy ninja flip over it just basically hurling the bottom half of my body over the top half and letting momentum do the rest, and then start sprinting across an open field on the other side, and to my horror the officer follows me in the exact same way jumping across the tracks and flipping over the fence and then starts to chase me across this field, now I'm not really sure where I am going at this point I was in this semi industrial section with hardly any buildings or places to hide were just running across this open field and I can barely move my feet cause of the headphones so I'm starting to think about what I'm gonna say to this guy when he catches me just basically losing all hope, and then all of a sudden the wires between my headphones snap due to the strain of me pulling them apart and I can run at full speed again, but by this time the dude is like ten feet behind me screaming for me to stop, so I just start motoring thinking that I'm not stopping so this is basically just a cross country race now, and I kid you not we run like this with him behind me yelling at me to stop and me just ignoring him running as fast as I can for at least 3-5 minutes, across this deserted industrial section, and then finally I get to some buildings and streets and he all of a sudden gives up and pulls out his radio, and all I hear is "Suspect is traveling into 4th and 4th wearing a brown jacket, All Available units respond" and right as I hear this I'm think "all available units"?? that must mean all available c-train officers. and so I run into this parking lot and there is nowhere to go there is a large fence at the end of it and across that a huge open gap with some train tracks which I would be easily spotted crossing, and this c-train officer had seen me run into this general area but I couldn't see him anymore so I walk through this parking lot looking for a spot to hide and just end up crawling underneath a car near the end of the parking lot with the fence, just ready to wait this dude out. This parking lot is right on the outskirts of "the downtown" of Calgary right where the ctrain goes through and where all the tall buildings and whatnot are so I'm pretty close to the main city and right as I crawl under this car I hear the whole city of Calgary light up with sirens, but don't really think too much of it, I mean, I didn't pay 2.225 for a ticket right? but I hear these sirens getting closer and closer to where I am and I remember what that dude said on the Radio "All Available units respond" and I realize that he didn't really specify the crime I committed he just called me a suspect or something so all these dudes know is that I'm resisting arrest, and sure enough in my hiding spot looking under I can see 4th and 4th and all of a sudden 6 squad cars 4 police SUV's and 3 Police vans all rip by and start patrolling the surrounding area, the vans enter the parking lot I'm in and start circling it(it was a pretty big parking lot and I see people getting out of the squad cars going into the building the parking lot was for looked like a TV station or radio station, but they circled that parking lot would leave circle the block and then comeback and circle the parking lot again, and every time they pull by the car I'm under I grab the bumper and press my legs against the underbelly and pull myself up so that they couldn't see me if they looked under and they just kept circling and circling the parking lot. which was about 200m long maybe 50 m wide, and they did this for hours. now keep in mind this is January and there is snow on the ground so I'm lying in snow for hours and its starting to get dark, they eventually stop patrolling the area and I just keep waiting not wanting to stand up just to come face to face with a squad car, but after about 6 hours and ready to wait longer the dude whose car I'm laying under I guess has gotten off from work gets into the car starts it up and pulls out with me underneath the back end, which was kind of scary in itself but anyways he doesn't notice me and I'm left lying in the snow in an empty parking spot, so I stand up slowly look over the hood of a nearby car see, no squad cars and slowly make me way out of the parking lot, I take my parka off and turn it inside out so that it is a different color, and then walk into a nearby alleyway not sure where to go, and I see this hooker with long leather hooker boots on and so I yell quietly hey come over here, and so she walks over land looks at me, and I ask her where the nearest place to eat is and she laughs and says yea there's an italian place just down the street a block, is that all you want to ask me, im like "yea thanks" she laughs again like what I just asked her was the craziest thing she's ever heard. and I sneak away in the direction she pointed me in, and on the way there I see a sqaudcar parked on the side of the street and I'm as you can appreciate super paranoid of cop cars at this point so I try to act calm and just walk into this italian restaurant and this was around 5:30 I guess and the didn't officially open till 6 but they were getting everything ready in the kitchen and had all the tables setup so they said they would serve me, the whole left body part of my body is soaked and freezing I look down at my ankles and there is the headphone wire still wrapped tightly around my left ankle. so I sit down at this restaurant they turn on some music for get me appetizers I order an enormous fettuccine Alfredo with a Caesar salad and few glasses of wine, needless to say it was delicious in more ways than one.

after my meal around 6:20 I pay and leave and then take a massively out of my way route to get back to where I live in kensington which bypasses the city entirely crossing a river and takes me many hours on foot, through parks and under bridges, I meet a guy in a park with a giant knife who says he's looking to cut up some ******s, basically this walk home was an adventure in itself but when finally arrive home I walk into my place shout something nonsensical to my roomate jump onto my bed and have the biggest grin on my face for the next hour while i tell this story to my roomate.

but yea it was pretty epic when it happened at the time.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I got hit by a bus when I was in 7th grade. It was late and foggy and no one else was around. The bus drove off and I just got up and continued walking home.

soju

SD God
Man. . . Me, A Rookie, and his cousin phil just climbed a mountain next to his house, we havent climbed it in forever so we were pretty out of shape. It took us 1 painful hour to climb it when it usually takes us 20 minutes, well then we get to the top were like "W00T". So we start heading on the trail next to the rocks down, we see a little side trail and were like "SHORTCUT ! ! !". So we start heading down, and down, and down. Phil all of sudden said "we're lost" and we all knew it. So we decided to go on thinking we would hit the trail eventually, navigating through sharp branches and slippery slopes. We kept on thinking we found the trail but we didn't A rookie got maybe 30 cuts since he was wearing a short sleeve shirt and shorts, me I didnt get as many since I had a beanie, jacket, and sweatpants, same as phil. We were tired, thirsty and exhausted and this went on for maybe 2 hours then finally we found a path, it was shining in the sun like a gift from the heavens above. We finally got back to Phil's car and we vowed never to take that shortcut again.

All I can say for us is Epic Fail

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
When my first boyfriend and the only person I've ever had feelings for left me.
BOYFRIEND!? I thought u were a guy.

Anyway, the closest thing i've ever had to epic was one day back in 5th grade there was this kid i was sitting by @ lunch and then him and i along with my friends started off to our classes cuz the bell rang for end-of-lunch. I was talking about how i was good @ catching stuff. The guy was about 20 feet behind us and heard me saying that. He said, "oh, yeah? then catch THIS!!" he immediately threw a water bottle at me rly hard (it was goin like crazy fast towards me). I don't know how i pulled off this next part, but without wasting a second, i quickly turned around and stuck out my hand and caught it. I stood there baffled @ how i did it.
so yeah, i guess it's kinda epic.

And Brawler17, get in here and tell everyone about ur epic celery throw!

Sizzle

I paint controllers
The most epic moment for me was when I was in Italy, sitting inside the Coliseum, just getting lost in the sound of the music in my headphones and taking in the one place I had always wanted to go as a kid.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I saved myself from dying.

For some odd reason, when I was younger, I thought, "hey, I wonder whats happens when I put 6 pieces of gum in my mouth and swallow..."

I did, almost ended up choking to death, but I saved myself.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
calling a cop a pig to his face. he started flipping out at me so i asked his badge#. cop never drove away faster..

that and being recruited into a gang called "DaeWoo". i still dont know what we do yet

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I can't stop laughing, maybe he thought you were a girl Manfred. That's the only thing I can think of to make sense of that.

Anyway, me and my mates climbed up a 20ft cliff, an actual cliff over the sea and rocks, without any climbing or safety equipment. In hindsight that was incredibly dangerous.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
One time These kids were throwing erasers at each other in art class around where i was sitting. and some kid threw 1 in my area and i caught it without paying attention.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
so like 4 years ago I was living in the cold desolate wasteland known as Calgary and working for a moving company and I haven't got paid in awhile but my company tells me they have a check for and there office is on the other side of Calgary in the industrial section of Ogden, and I don't have a car or very much money so I usually walk to a c-train station which are technically 2.25 for a ticket but if you watch for c-train officers who check for tickets you can get off when they get on and you don't have to pay. so I take a c-train to some stop and walk like 5km to this office pick up a check and then walk back, which took me a few hours, so I'm pretty tired at this point and when I get to the c-train station and super relieved when a c-train pulls up I get on and lay back on a seat pretty pleased with myself and my new paycheck throw on my headphones and listen to some music, (this is in January by the way) ready to go buy some food and herb and relax.
now keep in mind I haven't bought a ticket on the c-train coming back either and I hadn't really been paying attention watching for officers, so at some c-train s top near the saddle dome these c-train officers get on and usually they look like old fat security guards, but this one looked early 20's bald head wiry physique sort of looked like he was fresh out of the military, and asks me for my ticket, and immediately my heart starts pounding cause I really can't afford to pay for a 150 dollar ticket but one of my friends friends had told me that the c-train officers don't have any jurisdiction off of the c-train platform and if you can outrun them and get off of the platform they can't chase you, so believing this to be true I say to the officer ah hold on I have to look for it, and I'm wearing a big dirty parka with lots of pockets and start fishing papers and receipts out of my pockets pretending to look for it, and the officer says ok hold on I'll come back to you and then proceeds to check other peoples tickets, so as the train is just about to leave again, I walk over to the door all confident look at this fat lady who is sitting next to the door wink and smile at her and press the button to open the door, the bald headed officer looks back at me and shouts HEY STOP and I take off out the door onto the crowded platform. now I consider myself to be fairly athletic and a pretty fast runner so I'm confident I can outrun this dude, so I just start sprinting up these stairs into the main station but when I'm running up the stairs my headphones are pulled from the inertia of me sprinting up the stairs off my neck and start dragging behind me going up the stairs and they are big headphones not ear buds, but they're pretty old duct taped up headphones and im not really too worried about losing them if it means getting away without a huge fine, so I just think that they will eventually be ripped completely out from my discman, but this isn't what happens, as I get to the top of the platform and sprint across to go down the opposite staircase the headphones are still being pulled behind me and then when I hit the declining staircase and my momentum is halted they are snapped from dragging behind me forward , swing around my feet consecutively tying them together, so my feet are basically tied together with my head phones, meanwhile this officer is constantly yelling STOP RIGHT THERE, STOP RIGHT NOW sprinting behind me. so when I get to the bottom of the staircase which leads onto the opposite platform I make a split second decision to run in front of the slowly starting to move ctrain and jump the chain link fence on the other side thinking that the officer wouldn't follow me. and I can barely move my feet at this point more than a foot and a half apart because of my headphones which are wrapped around them.
so I jump down onto the tracks hobble across them jump onto the fence and do this crazy ninja flip over it just basically hurling the bottom half of my body over the top half and letting momentum do the rest, and then start sprinting across an open field on the other side, and to my horror the officer follows me in the exact same way jumping across the tracks and flipping over the fence and then starts to chase me across this field, now I'm not really sure where I am going at this point I was in this semi industrial section with hardly any buildings or places to hide were just running across this open field and I can barely move my feet cause of the headphones so I'm starting to think about what I'm gonna say to this guy when he catches me just basically losing all hope, and then all of a sudden the wires between my headphones snap due to the strain of me pulling them apart and I can run at full speed again, but by this time the dude is like ten feet behind me screaming for me to stop, so I just start motoring thinking that I'm not stopping so this is basically just a cross country race now, and I kid you not we run like this with him behind me yelling at me to stop and me just ignoring him running as fast as I can for at least 3-5 minutes, across this deserted industrial section, and then finally I get to some buildings and streets and he all of a sudden gives up and pulls out his radio, and all I hear is "Suspect is traveling into 4th and 4th wearing a brown jacket, All Available units respond" and right as I hear this I'm think "all available units"?? that must mean all available c-train officers. and so I run into this parking lot and there is nowhere to go there is a large fence at the end of it and across that a huge open gap with some train tracks which I would be easily spotted crossing, and this c-train officer had seen me run into this general area but I couldn't see him anymore so I walk through this parking lot looking for a spot to hide and just end up crawling underneath a car near the end of the parking lot with the fence, just ready to wait this dude out. This parking lot is right on the outskirts of "the downtown" of Calgary right where the ctrain goes through and where all the tall buildings and whatnot are so I'm pretty close to the main city and right as I crawl under this car I hear the whole city of Calgary light up with sirens, but don't really think too much of it, I mean, I didn't pay 2.225 for a ticket right? but I hear these sirens getting closer and closer to where I am and I remember what that dude said on the Radio "All Available units respond" and I realize that he didn't really specify the crime I committed he just called me a suspect or something so all these dudes know is that I'm resisting arrest, and sure enough in my hiding spot looking under I can see 4th and 4th and all of a sudden 6 squad cars 4 police SUV's and 3 Police vans all rip by and start patrolling the surrounding area, the vans enter the parking lot I'm in and start circling it(it was a pretty big parking lot and I see people getting out of the squad cars going into the building the parking lot was for looked like a TV station or radio station, but they circled that parking lot would leave circle the block and then comeback and circle the parking lot again, and every time they pull by the car I'm under I grab the bumper and press my legs against the underbelly and pull myself up so that they couldn't see me if they looked under and they just kept circling and circling the parking lot. which was about 200m long maybe 50 m wide, and they did this for hours. now keep in mind this is January and there is snow on the ground so I'm lying in snow for hours and its starting to get dark, they eventually stop patrolling the area and I just keep waiting not wanting to stand up just to come face to face with a squad car, but after about 6 hours and ready to wait longer the dude whose car I'm laying under I guess has gotten off from work gets into the car starts it up and pulls out with me underneath the back end, which was kind of scary in itself but anyways he doesn't notice me and I'm left lying in the snow in an empty parking spot, so I stand up slowly look over the hood of a nearby car see, no squad cars and slowly make me way out of the parking lot, I take my parka off and turn it inside out so that it is a different color, and then walk into a nearby alleyway not sure where to go, and I see this hooker with long leather hooker boots on and so I yell quietly hey come over here, and so she walks over land looks at me, and I ask her where the nearest place to eat is and she laughs and says yea there's an italian place just down the street a block, is that all you want to ask me, im like "yea thanks" she laughs again like what I just asked her was the craziest thing she's ever heard. and I sneak away in the direction she pointed me in, and on the way there I see a sqaudcar parked on the side of the street and I'm as you can appreciate super paranoid of cop cars at this point so I try to act calm and just walk into this italian restaurant and this was around 5:30 I guess and the didn't officially open till 6 but they were getting everything ready in the kitchen and had all the tables setup so they said they would serve me, the whole left body part of my body is soaked and freezing I look down at my ankles and there is the headphone wire still wrapped tightly around my left ankle. so I sit down at this restaurant they turn on some music for get me appetizers I order an enormous fettuccine Alfredo with a Caesar salad and few glasses of wine, needless to say it was delicious in more ways than one.

after my meal around 6:20 I pay and leave and then take a massively out of my way route to get back to where I live in kensington which bypasses the city entirely crossing a river and takes me many hours on foot, through parks and under bridges, I meet a guy in a park with a giant knife who says he's looking to cut up some ******s, basically this walk home was an adventure in itself but when finally arrive home I walk into my place shout something nonsensical to my roomate jump onto my bed and have the biggest grin on my face for the next hour while i tell this story to my roomate.

If that's true then that is a SUPER EPIC MOMENT! Good work dude.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord

You sir, are a certified BAMF!

jugfingers

Smash Champion
If that's true then that is a SUPER EPIC MOMENT! Good work dude.
haha yea its true, even the part about me winking and smiling at the fat lady lol.

but seriously the headphones were like ball and chain type wrapped around my legs in a way you wouldn't think would be possible , and when they snapped on one ankle was still like tightly tied, like it was an actual knot or some **** it was crazy.

and I avoided the c-train for a month, and I described this dude who was chasing me to my friend and he said he saw him get on a train he was in and just go down the aisles checking people's faces not even their tickets lol. but yea, calgary is bunk don't ever go their, some of the police brutality i saw later in that city is like way worse than rodney king type ****, so if you ever do go there, don't break the law lol.

I have a few other epic stories to do with cops but they involve illegal substances so I don't think I'm allowed to talk about them on these boards.

Top Bottom