• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Fail Brawl Moments

Dark_Kuro

Smash Rookie
I didn't see a thread for funny things that happened to you in Brawl, so I decided to make one. If there is one and I just happened to pass by it, tell me where it is and feel free to delete this thread.

So, as the title states, what are some fail Brawl moments that you've had?

One time after I just managed to get my Wi-Fi going, I played my friend in a Marth vs. Marth match on Final Destination. I was down to my last stock, and she sent my flying to the side. Meanwhile, this lovely box on wheels appears right in front of her, and she starts charging up a smash attack at it. Thing is, I thought she just wanted to break the box (I didn't see the wheels), so I grab the edge and pull myself back up onto the stage...only to have a box on wheels crash into me at full speed and cause me to lose the match.

After that, the Box on Wheels jokes were endless. "It can even defeat Hurricane Ike!"

And then there was a funny thing regarding two Bonslys (Bonslies? I have no idea what the plural is), but this one happened to another one of my friends, not me. We got 2 Bonslys on the stage, and we each picked one up and threw them at the same time. They ricochet off each other and BOTH end up hitting my friend. Needless to say, it was a 1-hit KO. We couldn't stop loling after that.

But this 3rd thing is probably the most embarrassing brain fart I've ever had. Someone on Wi-Fi hit a barrel towards me, so I used the Mirror Shield (playing as Pit) to reflect it back. You know those small stairs to the left of Hyrule Temple? I was at the bottom of those stairs trying to relflect the barrel back up the stairs. I probably should've learned by the 2nd reflect that the barrel was NOT going to go up the stairs, and my shield ended up breaking and I killed myself.

FML.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Really dumb stuff happens all the time when you're playing with lag and items. I think it's more interesting when you remove all random occurrences and random stuff STILL happens.

In a tournament match (that I ended up losing), from the middle of the screen, I full-wafted a Snake who just initiated a cypher towards the top of the screen. The cypher took the hit, and he was neither knocked off of it or took any damage at all, the hitbox of my waft was extended, and I thusly died off of the top of the screen for the loss.

It took some effort to not throw my controller across the room.

Just recently in a B+ doubles tourney match, it ended up 1v2, I was knee'd to a Donkey Punch for a satisfying 0->death, also for the loss. I wasn't mad this time though lol, I pretty much had to shake their hands for their epic win.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
dying at 1% by luigis whiffed up B.(i was trying to edge guard him, he up B and stopped my 2nd jump then i screwed up pkt.

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
Epic wariocides + numerous wariofart sds, but also killing the other player :D

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
When edgeguarding, using my up-B to recover and instead of landing on the stage (which I'm close enough to land on), I aim for the ledge and try to beat my opponent to it, only for them to reach it first and I fall to my death.

Happens all the time.

Vex514

Smash Cadet
This didn't happen to me but I caused it. It was the end of an FFA on Lylat Cruise and I was snake and my opponent was a fox. Both of us at high damage, I taunted for ****s and giggles and came out of my box, my box proceeded to hit him, knocking him back and hitting a ledge where my fully charged d-smash from earlier was still active, killing him. Box->Proximity = Legit Combo lulz

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
well I've got a couple of hundred occurences where I get killed by bob-ombs, random screen panning bob-ombs up the ***, bad-assly sneaky falcon punches and random fireboxes...here's a couple.

Most memorable one: I killed an enemy in a team game, it was on wifi, and my taunt said: "NO-ONE CAN STOP ME!" but immediately as I taunted, a bob-omb happened to start walking just out of the screens width and I never saw it so it walked into me and asploded killing me too. -.-
Another includes doing a falcon kick when a party balloon is about to rain items and it turned out it was a bob-omb rain. so you can tell where this is gonna end up. T.T

Homerun bat moments: My friend three stocked me one after another with a homerun bat cause I timed my smashes and specials wrong and either ran into it, landed on it, or was just plain stupid and got hit by it. probably all three, but then on the fourth stock (5 stock match), I just walked up to him and countered and it killed him instantly. XD
Another moment, I changed up a homerun bat, and a nice random fire box lands directly infront of it, I'm on high percentage, I hit the box, it explodes, computers win. -.-

Falcon punches: Mostly all falcon punches from the falcon punch game which ended in total humiliation. Refer to this vid for a total list of all the falcon punches I got smacked by within 10 minutes, all in the span of the first minute or so of the match. each one making us lose instantly cause it's the true falcon punch game where the falcon punch blows a massive hole in the side of the planet. -.- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ba1Rg6N1xA

Also including falcon punches was a falcon punch sandwhich >.<'. Warlock punches to remember would be double sided Warlock punch + critical hit at the same time in a FFA with said friend, a warlock punch into a motion sensor bomb on the upper levels of a stage, and warlock punch which broke me through a wall in shadow moses. -.-

Other moments: a random taunt match and my friend gets hit by a hyper beam from dialga/palkia. Numerous land master fails cause personally I prefer on foot, and a moment which involved a triple soccer ball combo bouncing me up to roughly 200% for a one shot kill...

Another lol was when I broke my friends shield with a fan and a box with wheels landed below him before he landed and I sparta kicked it off the ledge with him... XD

bibleonian

Smash Apprentice
I made a custom stage with a slanted platform above me and as I was jumping towards the platform to get something that was on it (I think it was a pokeball) a barrel appeared right on the slanted part of the platform and fell down and hit me. I also wound up trying to spike a lvl 9 peach with warlock kick and I missed the spike and she was sent flying up towards FD's edge and she teched off of the edge and survived. It was on my last stock too!

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
When I play as Peach, whenever I pluck a bomb or beam sword, I register it as a normal turnip and normally end up wasting it. However, one time, I glide tossed it straight into my opponent. They shielded, and I was sent flying and killed. I felt like a right idiot afterwards. :embarrass

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
My friend mains DDD in B+, and whatever texture he's got makes the Waddle Dees green, but the Gordos white.

Well, we were playing in the Wifi waiting room, and I think you can see where this is going.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
And then there was a funny thing regarding two Bonslys (Bonslies? I have no idea what the plural is), but this one happened to another one of my friends, not me. We got 2 Bonslys on the stage, and we each picked one up and threw them at the same time. They ricochet off each other and BOTH end up hitting my friend. Needless to say, it was a 1-hit KO. We couldn't stop loling after that.

FML.
just for the record, the name of any pokemon is both singular and plural, just try saying jigglypuffs-it just sounds wrong.

Falcon props to anyone who gets the reference in this post

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
When I play as Peach, whenever I pluck a bomb or beam sword, I register it as a normal turnip and normally end up wasting it. However, one time, I glide tossed it straight into my opponent. They shielded, and I was sent flying and killed. I felt like a right idiot afterwards. :embarrass
I do this all the time.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I was playing a match with a friend of mine on Yoshi's Island: Brawl, G&W vs Bowser (me). He'd just hit me with G&W's Fsmash and almost killed me, and as I was coming back to the stage, I attempted an UpB to recover, only to have the ghost platform come up beneath me just as I did it, causing me to do a grounded UpB as opposed to an aerial one, giving me no vertical recovery, and causing me to just slide of the ghost platform and miss the edge. I was killed by a ghost platform on Yoshi's Island.

Smash322

Smash Rookie
oh, this one happened to a CPU king dedede. it took place on spear pillar. the match was yoshi (me) VS G&W VS King DDD VS sonic. all of us brawled. i just wanted to play a random fight just to kill time. During the fight, king DDD got the smash ball and i just go hurt alot because i was in the mist of it until i saw palkia roar, and a laser slowly forming RIGHT over king DDD. (it was in slow-mo) I got out of the way then thinking: oh, this should be good. after his final smash was over, king DDD automaticly got blasted by the laser, got shot out of the stage, and just died. that was just so funny!

Plummn

Smash Cadet
The only thing I can remember is something that happened today. I was on a 2v2 on wifi today and me and the other team had gone into sudden death. Donkey Kong rolled to the side, accidentally getting hit by my ROB lazer and instantly dies. Since we had been brawling as a group for a while, I knew who was the weakest. The weakest was Link who was standing on the side of the stage. So thinking this would be easy, rush up to him and attack full on. Right as I jump up, Link uses his up B attack. My first thought was "Whoups, looks like I'm dead. But my team mate will handle it after he falls back down defenseless". But, no. My team mate jumps up to get the rebound, and I go flying, hit into him, and we both lose the match. All I could think was, "I wonder what my team mate is thinking right now".

Raaain

Smash Rookie
I was playing a ZSS ditto.
I was at 30% and he was at like 70%, last stock.
I dash attack lock him (dash + cstick down), I messed up and end SDing with a Dair. >_>

highfive

Smash Lord
I once had this beautiful chain grab as IC's against a Falco. It was battlefield. I'd Dthrow, Fthrow, back to back and I had only 20ish percent damage when I went for the spike at the end of the stage. My opponent Falco had about 80 percent so it would have been an easy kill. I edge my way to the lip of the edge and...

airdodge off the side. Then Falco uses Dair and I lose my stock.

Worst match ever.

Midnight Shadows

Smash Cadet
Once I was playing as Captain Falcon against an Ike and a Sonic on final destination. The Ike was charging his neutral b move during which I saw an opening to perform a Falcon Punch. So I reverse aerial pawnched him in the small of the back right after he released the move, hitting his frame of super armor causing him to not Flinch and me to die via flaming sword. Ike gains 5 manly points.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Back when I dabbled with Fox, I got 3-stocked by Side-Bing into Mario's cape trying to recover.

So much fail...:(

And every time I failed to recover by :

a. Hitting the lip of FD with Diddy's rocketbarrels

b. Failing to recover with Pikmin Chain

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I used falco's side special on accident and flew off the edge, but just to make it worse, my friend who was rob hit me with his laser giving me the chance to recover, so i jumped up and went to side b on stage, but it decided to short out on me (you know, when the move just doesn't go as far) so I died...

I didn't use side b again that entire day...

Also, once I was playing with my girlfriend and we both went random at battlefield, her getting yoshi and me mk, and she doesn't really play much and had never really been yoshi before, so she did yoshi's over b and fell off the edge at 0 damage. I was right there, so i decided to follow her for fun and hit her with an aerial and right after i hit her, she jumped immediatly out of it and footstooled me, so I died... She got a real kick out of it and all I could do was laugh cuz i'd just got pwned.

PChaosWM

Smash Rookie
I have two FAIL moments.

My cousins and I were playing the Warioware stage for fun. I don't remember who two of my cousins were, but one of my cousin's character was Captain Falcon and I was playing Kirby. Half-way through the match the microgame that came up was the one where you aren't supposed to move. After doing a mid-air jump I landed next to my cousin who was playing Captain Falcon. Everybody stopped moving for the microgame, all of a sudden Captain Falcon turns to me and shouts "FALCON..." and I say "NO FAIR!" as he yells "...PAWNCH!!!" and kills me. It's a moment that lives in infamy in my family.

I was playing with my brother and cousin on Final Destination. I was playing Kirby (I rarely switch characters), my brother was playing Ike and my cousin was playing Link. Link got the smash ball and used it on Ike. I figured that since I wasn't hit by Link's attack I could get close enough to him to use my hammer when he becomes vunerable again. It turns out I overshot how close I could get and got caught in Link's final sword stroke and got killed. Pretty sure I ended up losing that match because we were all laughing so hard.

14fanofanime

Smash Rookie
My friend, who's had the game for about 3 years, was over playing with me, who got it earlier this year. I thought he'd know a lot more in the game then me, but we're about even. So as I'm playing with Luigi, I get the Smash Ball. I use it near him, and he falls asleep. I use my Fire Punch OHKO on him, causing him to die. He comes back, Final Smash still working, and tries to hurt me. This obviously got rid of his intangibility, and I hit him again, sending him to his death at 12% damage.

Another time was when I was in a team battle with another friend against 2 level 9 computers. I was Link, and he was Ike. We both rushed at one and my friend grabbed him. I stood beside him, charging up a smash. He threw him into the air, I smashed upward, holding him still for a little bit (because of the repeated slashes), and he hit the computer with the U Tilt exactly on my last swing, which caused a death at about 30% damage, I think. It was a rare pro moment that I will never be able to repeat.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
With items:
My brother has a nack for boombooms. He'd be charging up a smash waiting for me to recover, then pop comes an item container or a bombomb right infront of him and he hits it, sending him the other way and usually killing him. You have no idea how hard it is when im playing ANY nintendo-based multiplayer game to not make a crack about boombooms.

My friend nabbed a homerun bat and tried to smash me with it. Playing sonic at the time i was attempting to use the up-b to get away since its a quick move. Well, right as i go in the air a soccerball appears and he hits it instead, shooting it right into my *** and killing me anyway.

Without items: (These are more mistakes than anything else).

I play wolf more than any other if im not using lucario or wario. Downside to that, his recovery Up-B and F-B can be tedious at times when grabbing a ledge. I've had several Up-b recovers to go straight up for the ledge, only to be maybe 2 pixels short of grabbing it, and i fall to my death. The other would be dashing at the ledge and smacking the wall just below it and falling down anyway. Thankfully in brawl+ i dont have those issues anymore lol.

Jigglypuff....i only use him when i got both my brothers playing and i feel like being a *******. I leap at one of them to use the sweetspot down-b and succeed, but then i fall off cuz i was over the ledge a little. DOH!

Lucario: This guy being my main is pretty bad. His up-b has very good control features to it, which is why i abuse it, but i've had a couple slips of the thumb and gone completely the wrong way, or do a dime-turn at the last second and miss the ledge. Nothing more irritating than knowing you could have lived if you didnt jack yourself up.

omegazeroINFI

Smash Rookie
i was playing on fd with a friend, we were messing around and set items on high and damage ratio on 2.0. he had 1 live i had 2, at first i just threw abomb only to have it reflected back and kill me.
then next life, i knocked him far off and then threw a beam sword. instead of killing him, it sent him back wards in a spot to kill me, i lost that round.

Astartes

Smash Rookie
the most embarassing mess-up i ever do is when pirate ship's catapult kills me. it always happens at the worst times.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
A moment of failure for me was getting caught between two active bumpers. All I could do was watch as I helplessly bounced furiously between the two. Oh, the humiliation -_-.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
OK i just had one right now as Bowser.

Me (Bowser) vs lv9 Pikachu (Cpu)

Pikachu has 88% damage and i have 12%. My FSmash sends him flying off the edge, but not far enough. So i leap out to counter him before he can do his Quick Attack stuff. I dont get there fast enough, and he begins the attack. So i activate my SideB attack, which is a grab that can be used in the air. It succeeds, snatching Pikachu right out his attack. My guy proceeds to flip and slam down.......the pit.....i didnt realize how far out i was. Usually that attack goes back to the ledge and youre fine, that time it didnt go far enough.

I died as a heavyweight with 12% damage. Wtf?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I was playing in tournament against a pro who I won't name, but it looks something like Di*mBr*ndon. Anyways, it was last game and we were both a two stock. He SD's, and I fist pump thinking the match is mine. Few minutes later, we're in a last stock, last hit scenario. Never before have a choked so hard as I was sent flying to my third death. The rest of that day was just........ewww.

PH33R2590

Smash Rookie
OKAYYYY so im marth playing against ice climbers.... i ko the popo, and while hes in mid air... nana follows me.... i jump... and then she does a midair forward A... this is WHILE popo is fading into the back ground.... so basically i get smashed down a cliff to my death... and RIGHT after the nana disappears.... so basically, i got beat out by a nana cpu in the middle of my ko... awesome :mad:

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
failing to dair my openent with toon link leading to death 3 times in a row in a 3 stock match

HQ5

Smash Apprentice
Way back when I didn't know what a taunt party was or looked like, I was on Wifi and attacked a Zelda bobbing up and down for reasons unknown to me. The Zelda resisted the attacks before finally getting tired of it and...

Needless to say, I got pwnd soundly. :p

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
Slipping back and forth like 4 times between my friend's Diddy's banana peels

Suiciding after a Spike

Spiking my friend on our last stock but then I die first because he Up-B'd too fast for me while I plummeted to my death :(

Top Bottom