• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Your least favorite/hardest boss

nessokman

Smash Lord
Mine is The giant fish from the third temple in majora's mask. I dare not honor it with the fact that i know it's name. This fish makes me suicidal, no joke. The boss puts you in a screwed over situation.

The fight is on a circular platform surrounded by water. There is a giant fish out to kill link. The fight begins. There are 4 jars on the platform, all containing arrows. There are magic jars in the water, the most dangerous place.

You have to get close to the edge to fire arrows/ zora fins at him. He will ram the platform, causing you to fly off into the water.

If you stand in the middle he can jump over the middle and scoop you up in his mouth.

If he catches you in his mouth then say goodbye to at least two of your hearts. He makes it hard to get back up on the platform.

Here is the worst part, arrows only stun him. You have to jump in as zora link and use your electriv field to do ANY damage to him. Once he is hit he is back roaming the water as usual.

He even releases a large swarm of fish to help him.
.I WANT HIM TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

What are your least favorite zelda bosses?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
it's really not that hard. I remember having so much trouble with Gyorg as a kid but more recently I'm not exactly sure what the problem was. Just stand with your Zora fins ready, and when Gyorg starts to charge at the platform let them fly. They pretty much always hit him. You should never ever be anything besides Zora Link in this fight, maybe that's where your trouble is. The Zora shield thing pretty much obliterates all the little fish as well.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
We SUCKED at video games when we were young. Absolutely dreadful.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
For me, the hardest boss would have to go to the moth in ALttP in the dark woods dungeon, only because of all the wall traps and the moving floor.

The easiest boss has to be the Wizrobe master from Zelda 2; cast Reflect, stand in a corner and crouch.

:phone:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Oh, I forgot to say mine.

Definitely Dark Link from Zelda 2, when I didn't use the crouch and stab his knees glitch. Though I guess the really difficult part about it is getting through the whole last palace with enough lives to take more than one shot at it. Actual Game Overs are a stupid thing for games like Zelda. that's the worst thing about Zelda 2. Losing all your lives and getting a game over would send you back to the starting building of the game. You wouldn't lose all your progress but you have to trek all the way to wherever you died at. By the end half of the game it is ridiculous. Once you get to the final temple, the game FINALLY lets you start at that temple's gates as opposed to the startpoint of the entire overworld.

LttP's moth guy is a pain in the butt to be sure but if you have a couple healing items it's pretty trivial really.

I personally have the most trouble with the GBC Zelda games as far as bosses go. LA in particular had quite a few bosses that gave me a ton of trouble. Part of that is the controls and game physics, which to me are just kinda weird and something I've still never gotten used to ever since I first played LA DX as a kid when it came out. I have more trouble with the action parts of those games for sure. Zelda 1 is similar in this regard because it's controls and movement are pretty archaic by today's standards.

as far as 3D games:

I always have a bit of trouble with Morpha from OoT actually, usually with hookshotting the nucleus and I get so distracted with that that I usually get grabbed by the second, uh...water tube and get thrown into the spikes. It's a cool fight in a cinematic sense, but it's not very fun.

Had a ton of trouble with the last Ghirahim fight in SS. Can't really remember why, though. The final boss seemed a lot easier to me than this one. I'm gonna throw in a hate vote for The Imprisoned. The most tedious and dumb boss fight in possibly the whole series and they make you do it 4 times. ughghgh. SS had its share of kinda lame bosses, really.

Majora is pretty challenging if you don't use the fierce deity mask. I usually never do that though lol.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Oh, I forgot to say mine.

Definitely Dark Link from Zelda 2, when I didn't use the crouch and stab his knees glitch. Though I guess the really difficult part about it is getting through the whole last palace with enough lives to take more than one shot at it. Actual Game Overs are a stupid thing for games like Zelda. that's the worst thing about Zelda 2. Losing all your lives and getting a game over would send you back to the starting building of the game. You wouldn't lose all your progress but you have to trek all the way to wherever you died at. By the end half of the game it is ridiculous. Once you get to the final temple, the game FINALLY lets you start at that temple's gates as opposed to the startpoint of the entire overworld.

LttP's moth guy is a pain in the butt to be sure but if you have a couple healing items it's pretty trivial really.

I personally have the most trouble with the GBC Zelda games as far as bosses go. LA in particular had quite a few bosses that gave me a ton of trouble. Part of that is the controls and game physics, which to me are just kinda weird and something I've still never gotten used to ever since I first played LA DX as a kid when it came out. I have more trouble with the action parts of those games for sure. Zelda 1 is similar in this regard because it's controls and movement are pretty archaic by today's standards.

as far as 3D games:

I always have a bit of trouble with Morpha from OoT actually, usually with hookshotting the nucleus and I get so distracted with that that I usually get grabbed by the second, uh...water tube and get thrown into the spikes. It's a cool fight in a cinematic sense, but it's not very fun.

Had a ton of trouble with the last Ghirahim fight in SS. Can't really remember why, though. The final boss seemed a lot easier to me than this one. I'm gonna throw in a hate vote for The Imprisoned. The most tedious and dumb boss fight in possibly the whole series and they make you do it 4 times. ughghgh. SS had its share of kinda lame bosses, really.

Majora is pretty challenging if you don't use the fierce deity mask. I usually never do that though lol.
you DO realize you can't get the fierce diety during the game? You get it from majora......Adolwa was my easiest i guess

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Did you guys know that you can land on top of the imprisoned using the wind thingy in the center? Don't need to slice them toes.... I think ss had dabess bosses except the squid with dreadlocks.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
you DO realize you can't get the fierce diety during the game? You get it from majora......Adolwa was my easiest i guess
You get it from the Majora kid before you fight Majora...which is the boss I was talking about when I referred to the Fierce Deity Mask. You can also go back and fight any of the other bosses with the FDM after you get it. I'm not sure what you are trying to criticize, but it's not anything I actually posted. I hate to pull this, but you should actually read the posts you are quoting before you reply to them

Spire

III
BRoomer
Did you guys know that you can land on top of the imprisoned using the wind thingy in the center? Don't need to slice them toes.... I think ss had dabess bosses except the squid with dreadlocks.

Yeah, Tentalus was the single lamest boss in the game... right behind The Imprisoned. The concept was just fine: cyclops-medusa-kraken. Cool. Couldn't it have matched the aesthetic of Levias?

Instead it looked like Mike Wazowski and Celia Mae's freak child:

+
=

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
So apparently the Monster's Inc. universe is tied to the Legend of Zelda universe.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Now that I think about it, Shadow Link from Zelda 2 was what people would call "NES hard" if the crouch-in-corner-and-stab trick isn't used. The hardest boss in the Zelda series would have to be the actual game, Zelda 2 in this case.

The first time I fought Majora, I was using the Fierce Deity Mask. The second time around, I decided to fight Majora without it and... I still found him to be pretty easy to deal with. Maybe it's just me.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Tentalus could have been possibly the most epic and scariest boss in the series, but no, they made it into a cartoon... I was sooo disappointed and it was a lame boss.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
the eyeball thing in the sixth (dark world) dungeon of LTTP/4swords for the GBA(which I'm playing through right now) was annoying, if only for the fact that while I was killing the small eyeballs it was shooting lightning at me that I didn't know how to dodge.
Dealing with the water temple boss in OoT was also irksome till I got the hang of it.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
the eyeball thing in the sixth (dark world) dungeon of LTTP/4swords for the GBA(which I'm playing through right now) was annoying, if only for the fact that while I was killing the small eyeballs it was shooting lightning at me that I didn't know how to dodge.
Vitreous (Gel Dogger in the Japanese version), the name of the boss, was hard because o the amount of damage it does. However, the difficulty could be reduced by standing to the side of the room and a little toward the liquid in the back (don't actually stand in the liquid). From there, the big eye's lightning attack will almost never hit, and all you'd need to do is slash at the incoming eyeballs over and over again.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I already beat it, but it was a pain(fairies are a life saver[literally])
Then the giant turtle in turtle rock was also annoying until I figured out the fire/ice heads had to be destroyed first.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I already beat it, but it was a pain(fairies are a life saver[literally])
Then the giant turtle in turtle rock was also annoying until I figured out the fire/ice heads had to be destroyed first.
Yeah, what made them hard is that if you have no magic, or are low on magic, they would be impossible to beat. Same goes for the boss of the ice dungeon for that matter.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
it's not that I had no magic, it's that I had to figure out "freeze this head, kill it. torch other head, kill that. slaughter turtle.)

ZelDan

Smash Master
I remember having so much trouble with gohma from Oracle of Seasons when I was younger. the eye boss from the 5th dungeon was hard for me as well (could easily beat both now though probably).

I had some difficulty with some of the DS Zelda bosses as well. It took me forever to take understand what to do to the last boss of Spirit Tracks. I don't remember what I was messing up on, but I remember repeating something dozens of times during that battle.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I like Molgera a lot. The music is great and I like the atmosphere.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Never liked Bongo Bongo
stupid name, not very interesting looking, and too darn easy.

Always thought the Boss of the shadow temple should have been a bigger version of The Dead Hand miniboss. Now that would have been scary and memorable.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Gyorg. Quote from Zombies_Eat_Flesh on the Zelda Dungeon comments:

Gyorg always made me ragequit and flip a table.
Such a wonderful comment. So true ;_;

joY

Pot splitter
Probably the boss on top of Death Mountain in the Dark World, in a Link to the Past.

I remember, as a kid, I would miss with the ice and fire rods sooo many times that once I ran out, I'd be left to just running around in circles until he killed me.

I hated it.

Oh, also, this dewsh right here:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Onox (mostly the second and third forms) from Oracle of Seasons.
Hope you have a potion with you, you'll need it.

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
Funny, true story: my brother and I couldn't figure out how to defeat Gohma (Wind Waker), when we were younger. So we would play the game up to that point and then erase our logs and replay it. :laugh:

Toon link is 2cute!

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-6547-1774
Moldorm from link to the past. Omfg, that thing should die in hell

The hardest boss for me was the last form of puppet gannon in tww. Why does it have to move all the freaking time???

the8thark

Smash Lord
The hardest boss for me is Dark Link in Zelda 2 (without abusing the AI by crouching in the corner and just stabbing the air). I have done it legit without the AI glitch but it was seriously hard.

Top Bottom