• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Most Frustrating Times In Smash

Ascended

Smash Ace
15-Minute Melee/Brawl. I think I've only been able to do it TWICE in my entire history of playing Melee (And I've been playing since 2002.)
Intense Boss Battles. It just isn't worth it.
Whenever I would throw a bunch of coins into the slot machine thinking I would get something good due to the high chances, and I get a trophy I already had.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
Intense Boss Battles - I wouldn't do 'em if i didn't want every trophy. Still have failed. Anyone know the best character to work with?
I used Fox. Just fire away and you should be fine for most battles.

To stay on topic, when I'm playing and I'm called cheap for some pointless reason (such as spiking them).

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
15-Minute Melee/Brawl. I think I've only been able to do it TWICE in my entire history of playing Melee (And I've been playing since 2002.)
Intense Boss Battles. It just isn't worth it.
Whenever I would throw a bunch of coins into the slot machine thinking I would get something good due to the high chances, and I get a trophy I already had.
Can I bring up my sister again?:laugh:

Intense Boss Battles - I wouldn't do 'em if i didn't want every trophy. Still have failed. Anyone know the best character to work with?
Rock smash >>>>>>>>>> Bosses not named Rayquaza.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Most frustrating times?

- Playing online with friends who spam moves, considering it skill
- Pikachu's down-b (the spammers again UGH)
- Tripping.
- Sonic's moves being so weak all the time (Hopefully will be fixed in Smash 4)

So that's pretty much it for me

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
charizard and his rock smash wipes the floor with bosses

i can honestly say that intense boss battles sometimes made me wanna flip a table

D

Deleted member

Definitely Fox. He has two good aerial moves that are effective against bosses; his down aerial and forward aerial can dish out heavy damage. Since a lot of the bosses also have projectiles, Fox can also be ideal for his Reflector.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
King Dedede's chain-grab, Meta-Knight/Marth spamming down-tilt on Temple stage, actually Temple online in general frustrates me. Taunt Parties are annoying too.

Medaka444

Smash Apprentice
- Meeting Up with Giga Bowser: If I went by too fast, I'd get sloppy and die easily. It didn't help that the fastest characters - especially C. Falcon, Fox, and Falco - are the ones I generally have the most difficulty with. But if I do things carefully, I can't make it in time. I still haven't managed to reach him.

- Obtaining Pichu: I tried again and again and again to beat Event 37. I got several headaches and screamed out in frustration, which was a bad idea, for several reasons. So I just said "ah, screw it" and played 200 Vs. Matches.

Actually, there were plenty of frustrating Events from Melee, such as fighting invisible Space Animals, beating Ganondolf, beating Master/Crazy Hand (still haven't done that), etc. Events in Melee may have been more varied than in Brawl, but that does not mean they were more fun to play.

mr.boombastic

Smash Rookie
my most frustrating times in smash would be trying to play brawl online

however, even more frustrating than that was playing against my friends lucas in brawl. or, trying to beat my brothers ganondorf in melee he plays a pretty sick ganondorf. :(

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
Definitely tripping over, worst thing ever implemented to SSB imo

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Most frustrating?
When your trying to use a Down Air off the stage and end up fast falling to your doom.

Top Bottom