• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Your most hated stage on 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

espio87

Smash Ace
I don't hate Brinstar but I'm dissapointed that SR388 or the space station from Metroid Fusion wasn't a stage. That would have been so awesome.
Jungle Japes is not on my list of favourite stages. They could have replaced that one too.
yeah, those two are the ones I dislike the most.

JNewton

Smash Rookie
Every 2D stage. Also, I don't like Magicant and Wily Castle because of those hazards.

Frededish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Frededish.
3DS FC
1650-2628-3264
For normal stages, I hate Living Room, damn falling platforms always combo me to death in 9.0.

Only Gamma stage I don't like is WarioWare Inc., because it forces you to look at that door in the middle no matter where the characters are.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Balloon Fight, Living Room, EVERY SINGLE Mario stage, Wily's Castle, Flat Zone2, Gaur Plains, f*ck Flying Bird Luchador, Spirit Train and Dreamland (f*ck walkoff scrolling stages). Still pissed because they didn't brought back Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Hyrule Castle64, and Yoshi's Story Melee, you know, ENJOYABLE stages.At least Kongo Jungle64 is on Wii U (hope the stages can be traded by coneccting the consoles, plz Sakurai).

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Pac-Maze is terrible. The stage freezes occasionally which really throws off your game - kind of like lag. The way the platforms are oriented makes it awkward to fight on.
Jungle Japes - Is there anybody that has not self destructed thanks to the water?
Brinstar has always been meh. Idk why Sakurai keeps bringing Brinstar and Jungle Japes back.
Pictochat2 is really annoying this time - that sink that flushes everyone off the stage - really...?

TheLetsPlayGhost

Smash Rookie
Magicant, I like the idea of it, but in every match I had in For Fun mode where this stage was selected, one player will stand around waiting for the flying men to spawn.

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
Distant Planet fighting on a slope is annoying the rainwater goes to fast and don't even go near the bulbar.

3D Land constanty moving with very few flat surfaces, at one point it speeds up so if you get hit in the air -1 for you buddy.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I love pretty much all of the stage -- in playing for fun, that is. None of them are too bad in terms of hazards (even with the Yellow Devil). The only one stage that I hate, I also hate the Omega form of: Mushroomy Kingdom. Even the name is stupid.

Of course, I also dislike
FlatZone 2.

plasterbrain

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2766-8372-1941
Whatever the fifth-gen Pokemon stage is called. It's just awful. I hate regular Lumiose city too, but that one is really cool on Final Destination mode.

darkchip1

Smash Rookie
NNID
darkchip1
Stages I absolutely hate:
3D land: scroller.
Golden Plains: the coins are just dumb imo.
Rainbow Road: As nice as this place looks, cars are dumb.
Paper Mario: Confusing and all of it's forms are annoying.
Mushroomy Kingdom: No one needs to explain this one.
Jungle Japes: Something about it has always seemed off. Also, water.
Gerudo Valley: Random fire and ice that seems to one shot people often.
Spirit Train: Super confusing stage, hard to hit anything, weird gimicks.
Brinstar: This one has always been bad and ugly.
Corneria: This one has always been bad too. Plus those planes.
Mute City: It's just ugly and the background bothers my eyes.
Magicant: The red guy
Flat Zone 2: Everything
Warioware: Dumb gimmicks on the minigames, and RNG with rewards. What use is a mushroom vs a star?
Distant Planet: Absolutely horrible the first time, horrible the second time.
Find Mii: Would've been awesome without the green guy.
Pictochat 2: The stage is a tougher opponent than most people.
Green Hill Zone: Annoying layout.
Wily Castle: Yellow guy.
Pac Maze: Too big, pellets are dumb, ghosts are dumb, too big. Also, too big.

Omega stages that I hate:
Brinstar: Ugly, annoying music
Mushroomy Kingdom: Ugly, bad music
Corneria: If it used Brawl's Corneria theme, this would be a high quality stage
Prism Tower: The background hurts my eyes
Mute city: The background hurts my eyes even more
Warioware: Hi camera
Distant Planet: Ugly, bad music
Wily Castle: Annoying

Ya, I hate most stages on this game. Balloon Fight is alright, it's gimmick is so dumb that it's actually kinda funny.

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
Definitely Mushroomy Kingdom. That stage was never fun and I have no idea why they brought it back.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Omega Wario Ware. Why it stays zoomed out is beyond me. Actually any stage in Omega that stays zoomed out. Just makes any FG match there somewhat annoying. Other than that (which isn't that bad in the end) I think the stages are beautiful. I don't play their regular versions much but I can imagine some of the boss hazards getting tedious over time, and flying men are OP but hilarious. That stage is just King of the Hill really.

Also, DO NOT go to training mode on Wario Ware. The Ashley song is now painful to my ears, when it was once fun. I didn't notice it until it was too late.

Azew

Smash Lord
The Spirit Tracks stage is so cruel... even with the awesome music, it's so hard to battle on that level with the camera always shifting and those stupid railroads.

Last edited:

linhgame

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Linh-Game
3DS FC
1736-0779-8050
Brinstar

Bad Music
Bad Layout
Too Dark
Annoying lava thingy

My friend spam that stage to piss me off -_-, sorry but don't like that stage at all.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Mushroomy Kingdom, for the reasons everyone has already said.

Wily Castle bothers me so much. It could have been just a fun, simple stage with excellent music, but no. They had to add the worst thing since tripping. It makes the stage (and will make ones like Pyrosphere) unplayable.

Shmoopy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jordanious24
3DS FC
3995-6588-3249
To no surprise......yeah I think Living Room is a pain. I bet Master Hand is just dropping a bunch ridiculous blocks to troll(luv the frolicking puppies though)
I also found Gaur Plains a bit difficult when it comes to navigation. Why they gave it a giant center hole I'll never know--I never played Xenoblade.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
The only stages I outright hate playing on is Gaur Plain, Reset Bomb Forest, Distant Planet, and Balloon Fight... The side of the stage will be the END OF YOU.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Mushroomy Kingdom mainly for the reason NO UNDERGROUND??! Underground Omega ftw.

Magicant for not being on Wii U.

Last edited:

Elctric

Smash Rookie
NNID
Elctric
F-zero, I REALLY hate the way it looks. Don't get me wrong I like pixel artstyle to a certain extent, but I feel it is way too redundant in Smash 3DS. I am tired of pixels.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Either Balloon Fight or Magicant.

Balloon Fight's main gimmick (wraparound sides) flat out doesn't work in SSB, since a single nick while offscreen results in a KO. As if that wasn't bad enough, the fish hazard is brutal and the flipper is just there to rub salt in the wound.

For Magicant, as many people have already expressed, the Flying Men are deal-breakers. The concept of stage bosses for casual play doesn't bother me; I actually don't mind the Yellow Devil at all. The Yellow Devil is undeniably disruptive, but he is pretty much an equal-opportunity pain in the butt. He attacks everyone on the field until he is killed, at which point there is the brief explosion, which I rarely see utilized by players. The Flying Men, on the other hand, are a massive advantage for one player, essentially giving that player a CPU ally. And if you do manage to survive the 2 on 1 onslaught long enough to kill one of the suckers, another pops up incredibly quickly. Theoretically, multiple Flying Men appear to stop only one player from getting all the help, but the very act of recruiting a Flying Man puts you in control of the match and gives you a better chance of getting more. They're disruptive, lopsided, and just feel unfair.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I agree that most of the stages on 3DS are somewhat terrible.

- Gerudo Valley could have been so nice, but the bridge blocks too many attacks (upperdash arm, raptor boost i.e.) and the ledges of the crevice are somewhat buggy.

- Magicant could have been gorgeous, but of course the flying men ruin all the fun here

- Wily's castle could have been great but the yellow devil is way too present here.

- Tomodachi life just gets annoying, the music only enhances this.

- Melee Corneria was never a good stage in my opinion and it shows again on 3DS. Bland grey stage with a rather dull theme song, plus all the character sizes feel so off when compared to the giant spaceship you are on.

- Brinstar makes things hard to see on the 3DS (at least for me)

-Living Room's falling blocks and music are so annoying

- Golden Plains gimmick really turns me off, especially when you fight against a giant mario character in classic mode. He'll just constantly grab ALL the coins -.-

there is more, but those are the stages i despise the most

DiamondDust

Prime Time Player
NNID
MaysTheCraze
Easy. Pac-Maze. Can't stand that stage. My main problem isn't the stage hazards, but the fact its so damn dark. It hurts my eyes and I hate playing on it, even in FD Mode.

Khao

Smash Lord
I hate any stage that's an auto scroller or has walk-off edges.

Walk-off stages take a huge part of the game away (recovering and edge guarding). They always get instantly taken off my random list.

And I hate auto-scrolling in any game that doesn't have a real justification for it. Being in a vehicle that's carrying you? That's okay and makes perfect sense. But having to move forward at a specific pace because.... The camera does? That's just lame and annoying unless it directly compliments the basic gameplay (like it would on a arcade-style scrolling shooter, but never does on a platformer). It's even worse in Smash, as character movement on midair (and only on mid-air) is actually relative to the camera rather than the enviromnet for some ridiculous reason, which just feels ****ing broken.

This sadly already means I only have a small minority of stages I enjoy playing in. Guess there's always omega stages too, but it gets tiring playing on a flat stage all the time, especially since that's all you can play in For Glory.

I just wish there were some more "normal" stages. I don't even mean neutral, or hazard-less, I just mean ones with no walk-off or auto-scrolling nonsense that aren't ruined by an extremely obstrusive feature that comes up literally every minute (like the ****ing Yellow Devil)

Last edited:

Catman856

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1091-9126-2299
Omega Wario Ware. Why it stays zoomed out is beyond me. Actually any stage in Omega that stays zoomed out. Just makes any FG match there somewhat annoying. Other than that (which isn't that bad in the end) I think the stages are beautiful. I don't play their regular versions much but I can imagine some of the boss hazards getting tedious over time, and flying men are OP but hilarious. That stage is just King of the Hill really.

Also, DO NOT go to training mode on Wario Ware. The Ashley song is now painful to my ears, when it was once fun. I didn't notice it until it was too late.
Are you serious? how could someone not like ashleys song? live n learn and ashley song are the most catchiest music in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom