• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your opinion on the best smash player so far.

Darkslash

Smash Master
1800-Koppa-cide

AKA gimpy new phone number

from the only Brawl Video of him that i saw.

Which is where he koopacided for the whole match o_0

yet I only know he's a BowserPro and the guy who only plays Bowser o_0

Juicy

Smash Apprentice
PsychoMidget, Danimals, or Gimpy.... we need more people to have the game and alot of tourneys before we can say who is the best, but those are the best so far

Bullet

Smash Cadet
ive seen them play on youtube, gimpy and all. All are average at best.

I know this site has sex with all of these players because they got their head up their ***, but face it, they are average at best and MLG is nothing more then stat padders and children at best.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
This thread is ridiculous.

How do people know who is the best? How can you know if someone is even good? We don't even know what good is yet. We know who is good in Melee because everyone amazing has played lots of other amazing people to determine who is the best. Gimpy has played a lot of matches against his local friends and a few do "good" against each other. What you might not know is that the best player from that group might get completely dominated by some random scrub named Lee Harris in the South, who is by comparison worse than his group of friends.

I am so sick of seeing Youtube comments that say, "Wow, this is the best Snake I've seen!"

How in the hell do you know that's the best Snake? Because he beat his friends the most? If you judge by that, I've got a friend who uses Link's UP-B over and over and wrecks his friends every day. He must be the best Link player EVAR! I mean, Isai must be an awful Falcon because I've seen him get beaten several times!

**PS** Xelic sucks, Peach sucks, Brawl rulez.

Bullet

Smash Cadet
This thread is ridiculous.

How do people know who is the best? How can you know if someone is even good? We don't even know what good is yet. We know who is good in Melee because everyone amazing has played lots of other amazing people to determine who is the best. Gimpy has played a lot of matches against his local friends and a few do "good" against each other. What you might not know is that the best player from that group might get completely dominated by some random scrub named Lee Harris in the South, who is by comparison worse than his group of friends.

I am so sick of seeing Youtube comments that say, "Wow, this is the best Snake I've seen!"

How in the hell do you know that's the best Snake? Because he beat his friends the most? If you judge by that, I've got a friend who uses Link's UP-B over and over and wrecks his friends every day. He must be the best Link player EVAR! I mean, Isai must be an awful Falcon because I've seen him get beaten several times!

**PS** Xelic sucks, Peach sucks, Brawl rulez.

We dont know who the best was in Melee either, but since everyone believes what gimpyass says, they take his word for it. Only thing Melee has proved in terms of MLG is how many noob kids play in the tournament system they got, I know more good melee players then I can count on my hand thats never participated in the MLG tournaments, MLG is not even legitimate for determining whos best anyway, it never was.

squarez

Smash Apprentice
Here we go again, the "my friend can beat the top tourney players, but just don't attend tournies" thing. Also technically, the statement - "Wow, this is the best Snake I've seen!" is valid, even if there are better snakes, that person hasn't seen them.

MRX

Smash Cadet
No one is really the best at the moment. Just simply "awesome" at the moment. As soon as the Americans get the game then the hostile smashing will begin.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Lee basically summed up alot of what I was going to say.

But overall, the only thing that gets me is the fact that people are basing all their opinions on who's best on people who have alot of youtube vids up.

Xif was fourth best Melee player in Florida, one of the biggest smash communities in the nation, yet everyone around the globe doesn't know him because he doesn't have a ton of recent vids up on youtube, so he goes unnoticed.
Hell, I hear now that he has brawl and he's picked up R.O.B. and I don't doubt that he's beastly, but again, he has no vids up, so "it didn't happen".

BUT

The thread is called "YOUR OPINION on the best smash player so far", so its all cool. Because really its just an opinion. I'd be cooler if you expanded on it though, like, "Who has the best vid" or "Who plays the best so-and-so char from what you've seen"

Off the top of my head here's mine:

Metaknight: Gimpyfish

Olimar: DSF

R.O.B.: T0mmy

Kirby: Zero

Peach: NES(but I haven't seen Xelic's, I'll have to check it out)

Luigi: Morb

Toon Link: Lee Harris

Wario: Blue sHell <_<

Snake: Champ

G&W: Hylian

Samus: Hylian

Ike: Azen

Pokemon Trainer: chillindude

Marth: Lucky

Jigglypuff: MaNgO

Bowser: Kevin

Diddy: Danimals

Ice Climbers: Void(nice $hit void)

In my opinion those are the ones worth mentioning.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Gogo Bullet. A double elimination tournament DEFINITELY doesn't show any skill. I mean, c'mon, your friend could OWN Azen in any game, be it SSBM, SSBB, PPL, or MKDS, but he just doesn't go and play with tourney***s.

Wait a second... Nope, seems like a kid is just full of himself.

D

Deleted member

We dont know who the best was in Melee either, but since everyone believes what gimpyass says, they take his word for it. Only thing Melee has proved in terms of MLG is how many noob kids play in the tournament system they got, I know more good melee players then I can count on my hand thats never participated in the MLG tournaments, MLG is not even legitimate for determining whos best anyway, it never was.
So true. Finally some sense around here...

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
from videos and meele exp. im going to say

gimpy
azen
m2k
pscomidget
dsf
dmbrandon
interemofzeal
ikki
hylian
caveman
itp
pc chris
buzz
gawes

its still to eary to say though

id also like to add which chars have th most potential of being good characterson tourney level play INPO

marth
meta
olimar
dedede
lucas
lucario
snake
luigi
chillin's squirtle
chu' ivy,pika,ice
fox/falco/wolf need more time to develop
pit
diddy
TOONlink
ike

genrrally any character can and will be able to compete with any other higher tier character at hight competitive play imo, brawls balance will me more some intresting character matchups

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
Now, I think we will to wait and see since not a lot of people had yet experienced Brawl and it only came out a month ago in Japan. Only time will tell.

Top Bottom