• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
At first I thought it was Mewtwo, so I was like, "Mewtwo confirmed!", then I noticed it was a blast of water, and not a blast of psychic energy, so I was like, "What?", then they showed Greninja, and I was like, "Oh my gosh! Greninja's playable!", but I was also kind of questioning Sakurai's decision to add him, but then I got used to him, and now I'm really excited.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mad.

I won't lie. I'm angry but I won't hold that against Gredinja.

I may even main him later...

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I'm super excited. Greninja is one of my favorite Pokémon, so I'm glad he got a spot in Smash(with an awesome trailer to boot). Didn't want Mewtwo, so this is pretty much a perfect situation for me.

Last edited:

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I was overjoyed. I didn't think he'd make it in, no less by himself. #TeamFroakie

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
My reaction was contemplating all the pokemon reps. Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja

Now what about the Trainer, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff?

I'm ok with the trainer being cut and jigglypuff shouldve been dropped in Brawl but I'm concerned Pokemon will be overly represented

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I thought he was Mewtwo at first. Got really excited.

I was rather let down, since we still haven't seen Mewtwo and Pokemon Trainer appears to be gone.

Regardless, I still really like Greninja and I'm glad to see him in.

Mabataki

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-4743-1372
Actually i kind of predicted this would happen. The hype was there though. Also predicted Charizard would come back as full character. And i predicted Rosalina. I feel like a prophet.

Hopefully they bring back Ivysaur or better yet replace him with Venusaur or maybe even replace him with Chesnaught. Id be alright with either happening.

Also i have a good feeling about Palutena.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
...that was the most unexpected surprise I got from the direct. I like him already.

I would like to state, however, that THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NO BEARINGS ON MEWTWO'S CHANCES. Or Jigglypuff's.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
The moment I saw all the Pokeballs flying, I got really hopeful for Greninja in some form or another, and then was kind of "ehh" when I saw Charizard, thinking that was the new announcement, but I was still happy to see him. Once the figure in the shadows was shown, though, I thought it was going to be like the Rosalina trailer where different game series were being crossed over, so I thought it was some ninja character from a game I hadn't played. When it started charging the shuriken, because of the lower quality, I thought it was some sort of ice blast (so... an ice ninja...?). The moment he went upright and I saw those horns, though, I honestly went ballistic. I'm usually a fairly composed person, but for about five minutes or so, I was overwhelmed by hype. Honestly, I thought Greninja had a chance as a Pokemon in a new Kalos-based Pokemon Trainer's roster, but a small part of me still hoped it could be its own character... and then it was.

Pretty sure Greninja may finally have managed to usurp Politoed's position as my favorite Pokemon at this point as well (you can probably see I have a thing for frogs XD). It definitely made up for the Oli nerf for me personally, and it's definitely been the most hype Smash 4 announcement for me thus far.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, thought it was mewtwo because I was watching it outside on my phone and all I saw was little nubby fingers. Got super excited, had a moment of 'awww' and then was totally cool with it. Besides, I had a feeling he'd be in the game in some way and he looks like a blast to play.

My reaction was contemplating all the pokemon reps. Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja

Now what about the Trainer, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff?

I'm ok with the trainer being cut and jigglypuff shouldve been dropped in Brawl but I'm concerned Pokemon will be overly represented
There were 6 playable pokemon in brawl. Trainer is definitely cut. So now we have 4. Mewtwo and Jiggs would make things even, though 6 reps does seem like a lot. I would gladly give up Jiggs for Mewtwo though. Q___Q

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
****ty as hell.

Who needs a relevant Pokemon when you can throw in some random one. Hey, can we get Diglet while we're at it. Because y'know, as long as it's the element of surprise.

On the bright side, I found the character I'm going to enjoy beating the **** out for warming up-training purposes.

D

Deleted member

I'm honestly happy with Greninja!
It looks like it has a fun moveset and I am not opposed by its inclusion. I used one in X and I was glad with what it could do.
I want Mewtwo to return, but that won't make me hate Greninja's addition.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I cheered.

Heck, I'm still cheering.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Of all the characters I didn't Expect!

I love it though, she seems fun!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was utterly flabbergasted! I am getting over the initial shock... that said, I still dislike Greninja's design... but he seems pretty unique and fun to play with.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Mostly indifferent, but leaning on the positive side. I didn't expect him at all, but he does seem pretty fun to play. Looks like a magic Sheik in a sense.

I've never really been a huge fan of Mewtwo, but that mostly comes from the pain I had to endure from completing Pokemon Puzzle League.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This dude is freaking legit. I don't care what anyone says. It was a good choice. To be honest, I'm just really, really happy to have more than one Non-Kanto Pokemon. Greninja looks pretty fun. They can add whatever Pokemon they want to after this. I'm more than happy with what we've got.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
...I'm sorry, I just don't feel right about this character. I know a lot of people like him. I like him. But I really don't think he deserved to be playable. Especially if this means we aren't going to get Mewtwo back.

This is the one character I am legitimately disappointed about.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My reaction?

I was so ****ing excited I couldn't even stand it. I wanted him, but I didn't even think it was possible. I'm so HAPPY.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
The entire time I was just sitting there wondering who the hell uses water magic from Nintendo games. Then I realized it was a Pokemon Trailer and I kinda just shut down trying to process what was going on. At the end of the day...I'm neutral. Gen 6 was full of kick-ass Pokemon in my opinion and looks like tons of fun, but I think he would have been more interesting as a hidden character, and he certainly shouldn't be here before Mewtwo

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Chose Froakie in Pokemon X, named him Scarf as I waited for him to evolve into Greninja. He's a great Pokemon, and I love his inclusion. Most definitely playing him.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Holy Psychic powers, It's Mewtwo!!!

*A few seconds latter, my mind was blown. Greninja came out of nowhere... like a boss.*

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
I'm not going to lie, it was a plain and simple "what the %^&*." I thought it was mewtwo but then I saw the ball of energy didn't really look "psychic" or what say you, and wasn't spherical; it was shaped like a shuriken. I also found it really funny because right before the trailer, somebody said, "maybe greninja will be in," and I, being the realist I am, said it probably wouldn't happen. so "lol i was wrong but this is awesome"

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
I believe this will speak for itself

Last edited:

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
this question now lingers in my mind, Will Mewtwo or Jigglypuff return

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
At first I was like ''Oh, looks like Mewtwo is back... his fans will be happy'', but when I realized it was Greninja I just jizzed in my pants.
Damn, he's clearly one of my favorite pokémon out there.

People can say what they want, but Greninja is not random.
Not only is he one of the most popular poké in X and Y, but we needed a Gen 6 representative as well and he is the perfect candidate.

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Sadness mostly...

Between the mewtwo blue-balling, reaslisation that my favourate bug pokemon will not be included and my absolute hatered for frogs.

You can say I'm not exactly chuffed about him.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Definitely did not see this one coming. However, he is looking like a potential secondary for me. Favorite water starter, fast playstyle, unique moveset...I'm sold. Now, just give me the Shiny form as an alt and this will be all the sweeter.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
This is the character reveal that has excited me the most so far. I love Greninja, but never thought he even had a chance.

As soon as I saw pokeballs, I was sure it was time for Blaziken. Then when Charizard happened and we got the silhouette charging an attack, I thought it'd be Mewtwo.
The reality was far better than anything. I still can hardly believe we actually got Greninja.

More than anything, I'm excited by the prospect now, the security that Greninja is going to become a household name and an all-star pokemon for generations to come. Merchandise, images, art ... exciting!

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I think I'm the only person who immediately saw Greninja. Dunno how everyone was getting Mewtwo.
For me, Mewtwo was on my mind as soon as I saw it was a Pokemon trailer. I saw a dark slender figure charging up an energy attack and my mind defaulted to Mewtwo.

D

Deleted member

Unexpected joy!
I thought Greninja would make for a cool character, but at the time I doubted it would happen, what with him being a new Pokemon, having nothing to piggyback off of except for starter status and decent popularity. But now here we are, Greninja revealed. He looks pretty fun, might end up becoming a secondary main to Little Mac.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom