• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Smashing circle

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Relatively simple concept, give a little description of the circle of people you frequently smash with.

Mines actually pathetically small.

Smasher #1 (Me): Some ****nut kid from Ohio, played ssb64 as a little kid, only recently discovered the competitive world of smash, planning on attending a few tournaments in Columbus sometime in the future.

Smasher #2: Just some other ****nut kid from Ohio, not as into the competitive scene but still plays hella friendlies. Pretty good, prone to nerd rage at times though. Scoffs at the concept of attending an actual tournament, but he wants to go. Just doesn't wanna look like a nerd.

Hopefully some other people will have slightly more interesting and larger circles :\

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
1. Axe (3-5 smash sessions a week)
2. DualCats (1-2 smash sessions a week?)
3. Forward (about an hour or two every 1-2 weeks)
4. Duff0 (used to play every week, but hasn't been playing much lately)
5. maXXXpower (same as Duff0)
6. Goop (usually holds smashfests every other week)
7. Taj (goes to some of these smashfests)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
1. Tec0 - ***** me, comes on his breaks
2. Brainjack - play him eery weekend
3. Stratford- play him on his breaks
4. earthadept - play him at tourneys all the time
5. moooose - same as above
6. duck - same as above

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Seven- smasher at my college. We play once a week, but he makes me sandbag because he gets mad pissed and throws his controller if I try(then he gays me a lot lol). He's actually not bad....but almost too safe. I guess it's sort of predictable.

Rawfuls- He lives in the same city as I do, and we play once or twice a week. He's old-school and getting back into it, which is pretty cool because I like the way he plays(if only he could go more of the gay stuff he'd be pretty **** lol). He has a great attitude and he's fun to play.

They both main Marth....

Oh, and I guess I'll add that I play Twitch, my younger brother, when I go home. He's 13, but knows how I play really well. It's very helpful for me to play against him haha. He mains Fox, but he also gives me Sheik and Marth practice sometimes.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Me.
Vyzor.
Saux.
M.A.T.spam.
AlphaDelpha.

The people i smash most with... We smash almost every day lol. With the exception of delfa

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
1. Tec0 - ***** me, comes on his breaks
I bet he would ;) o ho ho ho

let's see.

1. FalseFalco - Same University, similar classes. We smash together lots.
2. T-Block - My boyfriend and also goes to the same university. We play lots.
4. Alphicans - He lives close so he comes over often.
5. Afterdawn - Same as Alphicans.
6. Lemonlau - He hosts often cause of the size of his basement. Comes over often too.
7. Aish - Used to play brawl lots with her...before she quit. :'<

jugfingers

Smash Champion
level 1 falco: pretty chill dude I play a lot with, gets combo'd/jv 5 stocked on the regular and never complains

level 1 falcon: I rarely play him, but he's cool though

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
0. Marthyboy - My 04 - 07 training partner, We played all the times and then he went to Madagascar for 2 years. Now he's back, and he's catching up on the metagame.
1. SleepyK - He comes over to my house and I go to his house and we do technical things, and then we get serious and do Fox v Falco. Very smart and adaptive player. He's top 3 in GA. We play about 2-3 times a week.
2. [Spsu fest] BBQ/Rayku/Ovante - We play about once a week or two. (SleepyK comes to these fest too)
3. Fullmetal fest - Maybe twice a month with most of GAs Gwinnett smashers.
4. Chris - Old school Sheik player. Not very technical, plays like Drephen minus baiting. We play every couple of weeks.
5. Tato - Samus Player, doesn't go to many tournaments, but he's pretty technical and is learning the metagame. We play every couple of weeks.

Recently I've been playing less smash, so these numbers aren't too consistent.

D20

Smash Lord
2006 - 2008

Takieddine
Nakamaru
TSK
SwiftBass
xyt
Mogwai
PockyD
HARM

2009 - Present

Takieddine
Nakamaru
TSK
TheLake
Vudujin
Da Shuffla
CABC
Colbalt

We have big Melee parties every Friday. It is not unusual for twenty or more people to show up.

L__

Smash Master
2008-2009
Corax
Stormlord144
Chovo
SFAT
PewPewU
BobbySiege

2009-2010
SFAT
PewPewU
Mackadotious
BlueFoxXT
NorCal Niro
BobbySiege
HomeMadeWaffles
Phil

Proverbs

Smash Lord
The Irish Mafia--We play whenever he texts me
Diesel--He's usually there if Mafia texts me.
Fubidis--He comes sometimes too, and then we just hang out outside of that, too.
Arcnatural--Whenever I don't have tons of work T_T;;
Elen--When we both have a free afternoon
Trees--Whenever he's with Elen
Ageless Raptor--When I'm back home for break
Shenaniganz--Also when I'm back for break.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
2006 - 2008

Takieddine
Nakamaru
TSK
SwiftBass
xyt
Mogwai
PockyD
HARM

2009 - Present

Takieddine
Nakamaru
TSK
TheLake
Vudujin
Da Shuffla
CABC
Colbalt

We have big Melee parties every Friday. It is not unusual for twenty or more people to show up.
The second section, for me.

Add Baum, and EWBF to that list.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
1. The Germ-Smash is just an excuse to hang out with him. Funniest guy ever. He's the kind of guy that doesn't make excuses for himself and mans up. 2-3x a Week .Best link in the world.
2.Lucien- The single biggest reason for my skill increasing dramatically. He has a nitch for being able to find patterns in anything. An avid Street Fighter player, he brings his insight into smash and dominates with his quick reaction speed and move set knowledge.2-3x a week. I learn something new everytime I play with him.
Possibly the best Shiek on the west coast.
3.Hostility- When I met Derek he was just learning how to play Falco. His skill has improved so much that he can make even the best norcal sweat for their win. Always takes advice and is able to incorporate it into his game very quickly. Derek can get frustrated sometimes but it really shows his desire to get getter. Once a Week
4. Darrel- Once a week. Darrel plays an amazing samus, and much like German he is a "man-up'' kind of guy. Darrel is good practice because he plays a variety of characters very well and takes suggestions very well.
5.Boback- He's big strong yet sensitive. His Ice Climbers can be very surprising but his emotions are very much connected to the quality of his play. Prone to rage, this big man will
"punch you in the face" if you shine his nana off the stage one more time.

Those are five people I play the most, I enjoy their company as much as I do playing smash with them. They are great people.

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
my ninjas
darrell the best samus in the world
brandon aka home made waffle maker

the two reasons i get better when i do
and just kool people
<3

At home:
-ephoenix6. I love that guy. He's the reason I play this game at tournaments. He johns so bad, we sometimes call his johns everetts because they're that bad. He can use **** in every sentence he says. But the best part about that guy is how he can unite a few Smashers and host a good random Smash get together.
-CoryHAZE. Ever since about an hour since I first Smashed with him, he's always mained Marth. He has a really good textbook Marth. When someone else is off the stage, they don't get back on without not losing a stock or the game (read the last two words, Cory :chuckle:). Half the time I smash at his house, we order food like pizza or Chinese for dinner. It's a good way to enjoy a break.
-The Cutting Edge. NO ONE knows this guy even exists, almost. This guy is somehow not allowed to leave his house and he has almost no friends to ever invite over. I'm the only friend of his he's allowed to chill with. I don't even know how I befriended that guy. I don't even know if he knows how it happened. His mom is so over protective of her kid, on a summer afternoon, around 3:00pm, she walked half a mile to his friend Mike's house to tell Mike that he's not allowed to be at someone else's house fearing he might get mugged. WHAT THE ****ING HELL!?!?!?!?!?!? Oh, and he has a really good Sheik. He only gets to play a human player like once every three months.
-Boss. Taught me how to not get comboed and tech chased to hell. Before, the skill gap between us was colossal. now it's only kind of big. Unless he's still sandbagging. Please try a few times?
-SypherPhoenix. This guy talks rude all the time, but most of the time, he's only joking about it. The best part about his Smashfests for me is that I can bike to it.
-krnred255. If he tried, he could win against my Peach a lot more often. He just hates how gay he has to play to win.

At college:
-FACE. This guy is so sarcastic 99% of the time, when he finally says something serious, it takes a few extendedly long seconds to decipher if it's seriously serious or if it's something sarcastic. When he says something like a normal person would, it's an unbelievable feat. He needs to stop playing his secondaries. I want to fight your Jigglypuff, your good character. Your Doctor Mario is gay. It's just pill, pill, pill, gay!
-MarthDude. He's not much of a tournament player, but I was the guy that introduced him into competitive Smash. Every night we play one hour of Melee. He somehow learned how to space incredibly well, especially with fsmashes. And his edgeguard is mean.
-Jon. THis guy has issues. He plays like he's going to commit suicide if he loses and he rage quits all the time. I'm just scared to try fearing that he might throw a punch at me. Even when I talk he talks back in such a depressing manner saying how much he sucks at this game.
-JediSange. I really don't know wtf about anything about that guy. He says he hates Melee, but he plays it and insults the game while he plays it. He prefers Smash64 if that means anything. Can anyone explain?

-Redd, KnightPraetor, Duhrdy, Kryy, Nip. I've only hosted one weekly Smashfest at my college and these knew guys to me attended the first one.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Three people in my City. L0zR (One of NCs top players), TC, and me. These two have been in the scene longer than I have and have more experience than me. No fun getting torn up by them.

I never see improvements within myself. :laugh:

otg

Smash Master
Niko, Jesse (Preq), Sheldon, mogwai and PC Jona in westchester play with me the most, tho we are inconsistent as to how often (sometimes its a few times a week, sometimes its only like once every week or two), then like g$, alu, jman, dj and people in the bx every now and then. There are more TFS heads/LI players who I don't really see that often, but I still heart them and play with them alot.

Oh and I was playing with my homie n64 alot while he was still in Tristate, but you midwestern ****ers had to steal him back. *****es.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
SPSU people:
Lounis (AKA BigLou)- even though he's primarily a Brawl player (top 2 in GA and one of the best Luigis in the nation), he's also really good at Melee somehow. He mains Fox and Falco but he can also use Sheik and Luigi at a high level. He only plays for fun and doesn't care much for improving in Melee, but he's still a bit better than I am and gives me really good matchup experience. We play 3-4 times a week. Also a really cool guy in general.

Ovonte- We usually play 2-3 times a week. He has a pretty good style of Samus that usually beats me but he's not very good at adapting. He doesn't really use any other character but he tries to improve his Falco since most people don't like playing against Samus, haha.

Ron- Ron is probably the most popular guy on campus because of how nice he is. He's been an RA on campus for 2 years so he knows basically everyone. He mains Falco and just recently picked up Fox for fun. Ron is the type of player that always finds new strategies but never uses them in a match, lol. Ron is a fairly smart player but his main downfall is that he has an old school falco style. We play twice a week.

Chris- This guy is hilarious because he gets EXTRA pissed at that simplest things and is really good at cussing, lol. When Brawl came out, he quit Melee but decided to pick it back up last semester. He has a very "in your face" style of Fox but once you figure him out he's pretty simple. And then he cusses at you. We play twice a week.

Naquan- I first met him last semester when I was getting into Melee (I was a Brawl player before then), and I thought he was amazing because he was technical and fast. Once I started playing him I realized he had little thought to his gameplay and is kinda bad. He mostly plays Mario Kart Wii in his room 9 hours a day and he is also ranked 15th in the nation. I used to play him quite a bit but now it's mostly once every two weeks.

New guy- There's this new guy that says he was the best in Atlanta in '05, and claims he almost had Falco banned because he discovered some "buffer overflow" glitch that allowed you to downair without leaving the ground. I know he's full of **** about all of that but he's slowly improving at that game. He's pretty knowledgeable of all the useless glitches and stuff. He uses Sheik now and we play once a week.

My roommate- I decided to teach my roommate how to play Melee. He uses Pikachu and I usually use Ganon against him, and we joke that he's the best character in the game. He hasn't played Melee in a while though, but he got okay, I guess.

Others:
Tubes- he's a Falcon main and we both started competitive Melee around the same time (even though he entered Melee tournies before I did because I played Brawl). Tubes is a slow learner but he's been getting a lot of experience from me since we are now training partners. Whenever he is not caught up in schoolwork he will come to SPSU, so like 3 times a week. After 1-2 months of training, Tubes can beat me sometimes and when he does, he will usually 3 stock me (he's inconsistent lol). He's also really funny.

SleepyK- we play 1-2 a week. He gives me the best experience I can get since he's a very smart player (top 3 in GA) and he's also really good at giving advice. He mains Falco, and when he's not sandbagging he can usually 3 stock me. Sleepy is really funny and we have a lot of inside jokes.

dashdancedan- He usually comes to SPSU when SleepyK comes. He's one of the most technical players in GA and he just wants to combo you. He hates playing people who play gay (like me lol... I use marth) so he just sandbags them. Dan can tech anything.

Adam- We were best friends in 2nd grade, and then he supposedly moved to a different state (or so I thought). He actually just transferred schools and now he plays competitive Melee. It was pretty mind blowing for both of us when we reconnected with each other a few months ago. He's a low tier main because he wants to be "that guy", like Taj or Axe. He mains Roy and Zelda and he's a pretty smart player despite lacking experience. We play about twice a month.

Davis- I met him through Adam. Davis started playing competitive Melee last semester and he's still really inexperienced, but he enjoys the game enough so he will keep improving. He usually comes to SPSU whenever Adam does. He mains Falco and Sheik.

Rayku- Rayku basically introduced me to competitive smash. I was really interested in competitive smash, and then I met Rayku and he trained me and took me to tournies. His style is EXTREMELY good for 4 stocking noobs, and he 4 stocked me for many months. He went to SPSU last semester but didn't come back because he had to work. Last semester we played Smash every day, and he was a really good training partner because he would make really good decisions and played friendlies at a tourney level. We don't play very often now because he doesn't have a car.

All the other people in GA i just play with at tournies, or big smashfests. Ron is starting to hold biweekly smashfests at SPSU now I will be able to play with smashers like Fullmetal and soft more often.

Vanitas

Smash Ace
Me – Everyone calls me ‘The people’s Loser’ (just for lolls) for my gay gimps, wobbling and chaingrabs haha
Cman – Your typical Fox and Sheik main…Screws around too often by playing ness but a prih legit dude. Has too much badminton johns. Makes false advertisement of me to the rest of the scene.
BL!TZ – Obviously as a falcon player, pulls sick *** combos and is an all around cool guy. Taunts too much. Cracks up the funniest *** jokes. Lives too far from me
PND – The guy who has hypez events and a fun guy to be around with. Needs to see moar of his puff

My best friend Get@Will and I formed a 3 person circle with his cousin, they re still my brothers though lol goo times

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Gaynitas- Disrespects everyone

Blitz- Cool guy, really good combos and a sick falcon

PND- Upcoming jiggs player, brings lots of hype to our smashfests

Chloro- Really good DI. I MEAN REALLY GOOD DI.

null55

Smash Master
my circle is like a distorted ellipse.

basically NC *****.

but usually at college:

TJ Infinat: ***
Asian Rob: ***
DJ Rome: ***
Crystalnite: gay ***

and at home the one i normally play:

$mike: doosh

Kanelol

Smash Lord
**** falcon players

we should be *****ing about you being able to do that bull**** on us all day regardless of DI
I'm not even a Falcon main lol my friend just johns whenever I play Fox. That's why it's such srs bsnz when he parries the last knee D:<

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
There are a lot of people who play Smash here, but only one other who plays competitively, then another who is interested in playing competitively.

So it's me (Falco), Palpi (Doc, Marth... everyone else), and Hipponox (Luigi).

Definitely don't get enough practice, haha.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
**** falcon players

we should be *****ing about you being able to do that bull**** on us all day regardless of DI
What Falcons have to do to win: Predict perfectly, tech-chase flawlessly, never miss an l-cancel, follow DI like it's our job, space so well that you can actually get a hit on someone with three times your range and priority, and once you finally get one hit, combo to death.

What Marth needs to do: Jab, d-tilt, edgehog, ledgehop d-air.

Hmmm...

/johns.

I hate Marth, even though I used to play him.

Edit: Well, I really do have respect for Marth players at high levels of play. There's a lot of pressure on them to make the right choice at the right time, all the time. Being that I used to play Marth, I realize a lot more goes into it than 'lol f-smash'.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
PSFM (Daily members):
LoOshKiN
Bzoo (ORO!?)
FluiD
The Gardener / Money
JR

PSFM (Occasional):
Douche Bag Dave (DBD)
Paralasalud (i didn't look this up, hope i spelled it right dude)
Chris / ORLY

Occasional Non-PSFM:
iamthemicrowave
Mars-
Quaz
mundungu
John!

The daily crew is my family... those guys are too good.

Occasional crew is hella cool and i wish they could come more often

Non-PSFM occasional people are cool too, but not cool enough to be PSFM :D

Top Bottom