• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youtube Memes Mafia Game Over! Town... WINS :D lolwut end scum win streak B****EZ!!!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yeah I sucked this game, not doubts about that.

Swiss actually never told me what to do. Ever. He told me to go run around and try to play as townie as possible.
<3 you man, but you give ****ty advice.

Still the fact that I posted the same **** he did was completely uncoordinated and it was a bummer I posted at the time I did because it looked like i parroted him despite me not even talking to him outside of thread.

Still, gg town. I fail and I agree with that.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Lol ninja'd by Gboy. XD

Nah it's all good, I know shooting GLG was a bad idea.

Also, sorry for pushing your lynch Gova, mod can confirm that I actually had a null read on you going into Day 3, but the case against you was really convincing. >.<
lol wut case? there wasn't one.

:awesome:

X1-12

Smash Champion
I thought if Swiss was scum he'd bus someone so when kuz flipped goon I was looking for the 3rd scum with my investigation. Had town been lynched D1 I knew Id live since I could retract my claim and the hypothetical townswiss and I could play it off as a gambit. At that point I expected a maf and SK to be the only killing roles so wasnt worried about his death.

Gboy: half of this game is finding out who is scum, the other half is convincing others of it. That is why I dont think Kev or Sword deserve MVP imo (sorry sword)

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Yo Kuz don't get so down on yourself. From what I understand you were still kind of a new player going into this game so you not doing your best is understandable.

However, I will not lie about one thing, you were pretty obnoxious this game and I'm sure no one appreciated it. Your in-your-face attitude was a bummer and probably helped in a weird subconscious sort of way towards you being lynched.

I honestly don't see why X1 and I can't share the MVP. I think we both did well enough to deserve it.

Is there a new thing were only one person can get MVP or something? (honest question, I really don't know)

X1-12

Smash Champion
furthermore in the hypothetical whe we mislynched D1 I knew towmSwiss wouldnt let me get lynched but at the same time no-one would NK me

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yeah, well, the only games I have played in previous to this one were DnD and discworld where Cello and Swiss both existed. I copied some sort of mixture to their playstyle because it seemed effective when they did it.

IDK, sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, but thats what mafia is about. Playing smackdown in game but being buds in the social thread. Again, sorry (particularly dark horse i suppose)

X1-12

Smash Champion
If you look at some of the really good players like FF or EE etc you can see that being right (or at least making people think you are) is all you need to convince people. Being obnoxious is just the way Swiss/Cello do it - and believe it or not they arent actually the best players on SWF

#HBC | Dancer

You coasting during the scummies downfall was a reason. You being in a kind of gray area (along with Nabe) was also a reason. However, the real zinger was that you were going after me even though I couldn't be mafia, and I could only of been indie. Going after me was something mafia really would of wanted at that point.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
yeah, that was my bad but lol i couldnt see anything protown about your n1 action

edit: how is me letting scum get lynched scummy? i don't see it lol

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
The QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/bGnmrpTLE2T
Was sure that he'd be BP with all the shots flying around. Oh well.

You actually did quite well, much better than what I'd expect I'll tell ya that. But meh, that's what ya get for claimin maf. What'd you plan to do anyway if Gheb got lynched? Yak? NAR would've had the vig go first.
I was hoping you'd play it the EM way; yak dies but the yakking still goes through, i.e. killing doesn't stop a night action from occurring.

Regardless, I was screwed after the yak failed on Gheb. I was so sure it was Swords or X1 as indy. Then I figured it out in the QT lol, but too little, too late.

#HBC | Dancer

Okay, just started reading the qt and I already found a golden nugget:

GBoy said:
I swear to god that's what the randomizer gave me. I wanted to randomize it seven times so I wouldn't just rely on the first one (my logic is dumb, but you're playing my game so *flicks off*), and EACH time I got either KevinM as scum, Swiss as scum, or both as scum. They both really ARE meant to be scummies I guess O_O.
LOL so true

@Gova: Lack of connections (at least so I think) is just as telling as direct connections sometimes. Especially if it's late game and scum hasn't talked to you once (which wasn't true in your case, but I'm just making an easy to understand example here) but has talked to everyone else, then it is kinda telling. Scum sometimes avoid each other in fear that connections will be form. Unfortionally for them this in itself is a connection.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
mafia always NK's me. silly mafia, im not even pro-town!

have i ever been lynched? i dont think i have...

also, this game didnt break the win streak, Soul Calibur did!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
but i was ACTUALLY scum that game. i meant mislynched, as opposed to being NK'd by scum.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
13. Sir Bedevere

Y U SO SCUMMEH?! You made it really easy to make connections with scum, and they used that great against you. We all have our off games. At least your faction won :).
Why was I scummy? D: I can't help that I ended up defending the two scummates we lynched D1 and D2 lol (though if people saying they were gonna "waste a lynch" on me D3 for that, I should point out I was defending kuz-goon in order to bus Swiss-father D1...). I really felt I was making some progress to uncovering alignments, and I was wrong on my read on Swiss only because I underestimated how little Swiss actually interacted with his scum partners, lol.

@anyone who would have lynched me D3, why?

@Sword, why'd you vig me? :<

Swissaiiii is QT said:
Bed's a douche D:
<333333

Game was fun for the time I was in it and involved in it (mostly end of D2), but it's kinda crazy that town almost lost with only one mislynch. also I was VT again and VT is boring DX

ggs

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
mafia always NK's me. silly mafia, im not even pro-town!

have i ever been lynched? i dont think i have...

also, this game didnt break the win streak, Soul Calibur did!
gord changed the title first so YT did

:awesome:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
but town knew we won in soul calibur first, so take THAT!

#HBC | Dancer

However, I will add that I shot Gheb yesterday, so in that regard town was already guaranteed the win that much earlier.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Swiss was like "Guess what kuz, Swords shot x1"

I literally fell out of my seat laughing and rushed over to the thread, but I guess he was lying.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm mad salty that you guys broke the streak before SoulCal mafia. >:-(

Not really though lmao, hot damn town went to work this game. 3 scum lynches when you had a vig and an SK to potentially do some of that legwork for you? Mad respect.

I didn't really read this game but just looking at the roles it does seem like a tough setup for town so mad props. Esp. <3 seeing KevinM finally on the town side and pickin' up the W. Not to take away from anyone else but KevBro has had a "play as scum streak" longer than SWF's recent town loss streak hahaha.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't approve of SK and Vig shot having the same priority. Not even being biased here but how is the SK supposed to win when a Vig is around that late? More specifically, how was I supposed to win this game? I think I played pretty well and that I - outside of the final day [where I couldn't even win anymore] - kind of outplayed most people here. I think I mainly lost to some mechanics.

Just to throw that out here: Any game I host in the recent future the order of priority will be SK > Mafia > Vig

Edit: My restriction was legit.

:059:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
According to Natural Action Resolution, all killing "shots" go off simultaneously, so a faction can't kill another killing faction in order to stop their kill. Dealing with kill priorities can get really messy. Personally I think NAR has it right.

If you don't want SK's losing shoot offs with vigs or scum, just make them effing BP. I don't know what the deal is with people being afraid of making SOLO INDEPENDENT ROLES WITH BASICALLY NO FUNCTIONAL ABILITY BEYOND KILLING bulletproof? Why do people think that that is imbalanced? How is it imbalanced to make the only way for someone who is playing ALONE to lose, to be lynched? Personally I think making any solo independent not at the very least 1 time BP is a complete **** you to that player and the faction.

This of course assumes you weren't BP Gheb, since I really have no idea if you were. If you were 1 time BP or something, then it's not so bad, but still, I really think in most setups (esp. setups with 2 or more killers who ARE NOT the SK or solo indy himself) that solo indies should have perma BP status. It makes the role so much more balanced and gives the SK functional "priority" when it comes to shoot outs.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss actually never told me what to do. Ever. He told me to go run around and try to play as townie as possible.
<3 you man, but you give ****ty advice.
WHAT!

I spent half that day telling you in the QT what was happening, then had to ask you to come on AIM you were playing so scummy! Though I'm not great with advice for my scumbuddies - I just sit there thinking "well duh just play like town".

kk.

X1 - Played well. Gambit was awful, worked out well. Amusing to have a cop fake claiming guilty on a godfather. Great play later, props on not letting me slip away from the chainsaw.

Kuz - Total ****. <3

Nabe - Told ya not to yak Gheb. GG, played decent, good job on slipping away after you got pinned D1.

Swords - Very good scumhunting, learn to shoot.

Gheb - You outed yourself as indie when I fake-claimed mason on you and NO-ONE picked up on it. I was banging the keyboard screaming at Nabe to not Yak you. You played very well, pity the restriction thing caught up with you. You love 'dem restrictions ^_^ Out played most people.

Kevin - MVP imo. Totally destroyed the game. Had all 3 scum pinned AND the indie. Fantastic. Why people didn't listen to him after he was effectively confirmed non-scum is their fault - not his.

Gova/DH/Acrostic etc - Nothing to say. GG on your win.

#HBC | Dancer

Swiss even after reading the mafia qt I still don't get the nk choices. Could you explain them to me please?

Same question to Gheb please. ^_^

Bed I vigged you not only because you tried to derail that Swiss wagon (and Kuz wagon, but I was mainly worried about how you reacted to the Swiss wagon) but also for two other reasons:

Low activity
scumhunting looked forced a lot of the time

Top Bottom