• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

yoyoyoy.....houston tournament.....JAN 20 07

kage921

Smash Journeyman
I'll use the power of the Wii Forecast channel to see what the weather will be! :chuckle:

But yeah, as long as you follow MLG rules, the tourney should run smoothly. Except for the frequently occurring delays that will happen when people arrive late. <_<

I bow before the power of the wii. lol just kidding man, thanks that would be much appreciated. :)

dawn001

Smash Ace
sorry yall about the whole thing about sticking with one character is just that i was thinking if on the tourny if you were plying against a character that you know will lose against your character like DK vs fox a fast faller or DK vs any fast faller but dont worry it was just a bad idea i mean is what ever if you whant to play with other character is cool just be careful on who you choose thats all so excuse me and by bad lol.....lets just play sum ssbm .

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That's why there's such a thing as called counter-picking. Most people usually have two mains or at least a secondary on standby for a reason. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes, it's apparently $10 to enter and the money is split the traditional 70-20-10.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm thinking that there will be teams since the first page has been updated with team rules...

Crap, I have work on that day. I really would like to go, since I need more practice...must find replacement...

TGM

Smash Lord
i may not be able to show up after all. mom has me doing yard work for the next 2 weeks. if i truly cant go, i will still help u out kage,,,,,,,,,by phone that is.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
sorry yall about the whole thing about sticking with one character is just that i was thinking if on the tourny if you were plying against a character that you know will lose against your character like DK vs fox a fast faller or DK vs any fast faller but dont worry it was just a bad idea i mean is what ever if you whant to play with other character is cool just be careful on who you choose thats all so excuse me and by bad lol.....lets just play sum ssbm .
Wait, are you saying that DK vs fastfallers is hopeless? I mean sure it's a hard match for DK, but it's not impossible.

Still, having to play with one character for a whole tournament isn't a good idea.

Jake13

Smash Lord
He was actually saying that DK would have the better chance, which isn't true either.

Yay for JF coming out of nowhere and adding to his post count :-\

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea that's not true. And I come out of nowhere all the time, but in this case I felt the need to contribute since someone was talking about my main.

Btw, Falco = a ***** for DK to beat, and Fox and Falcon are pretty hard too.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Some one said Drew was coming to this??
Is that true or was it Allan.... yea i think Allan is telling me lies

Is the rule set like standard MLG or no!?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, the tournament will have the MLG ruleset and whatnot. A shame I can't come because of work, argh...

kage921

Smash Journeyman
sorry guys but, I think that I migth have to push the tourny up a week due to the weather. I checked the forecast for the weekend and it does not look good at all. It's going to be 50F high and 40F low. so its going to be cold, and I can have yall in my house cause its not that big. Sorry guys, hopefully next week will be better. If there is a change in weather and it makes it possible for tourny this weekend I'll let yall know. :(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Next week would be perfect...have the tourney next week. :)

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Next weekend is the san antonio tourney. Which means almost half the people from the houston area aren't going to be here.

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, we're going Chris, but we already got raided by an eff-load of people and we're already full, heh, u would have to drive this time :p

oncearunner

Smash Apprentice
thought so, but my car is KO'd at the moment, needs a new transmission. the **** thing wont shift past 2nd lolz so yeah, looks like im KO for a while as well. ahhhh

Top Bottom