• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers

POKE40

Smash Lord
I lol'd at the title

instead of f-zero for wii, why not play some messed up game called wheelie breakers!
lol, lets go on youtube and find vids :O

Here is a commerical for this game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKbB7mGoBKo

If any of you are interested, I got actual gameplay footage:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZfqTTRzKY&feature=related

In the game play footage, it looks quite difficult to drive...due to the guy crashing a lot.

gah...they crash into each other like cheap toy cars...
what are the vehicles made out of? Plastic?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I lol'd at the title

instead of f-zero for wii, why not play some messed up game called wheelie breakers!
lol, lets go on youtube and find vids :O

Here is a commerical for this game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKbB7mGoBKo

If any of you are interested, I got actual gameplay footage:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZfqTTRzKY&feature=related

In the game play footage, it looks quite difficult to drive...due to the guy crashing a lot.
I'm really hoping he's using the high-speed with no handling vehicle. Or that he isn't properly utilizing drift. Otherwise, the turning mechanic would be terrible.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
There are no attack animations. As one guy put it, this game is Mario Kart.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Was this person on the gas the entire game? He can't seem to make a clean turn to save his life. I think the only thing that makes the game interesting is the cards.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Was this person on the gas the entire game? He can't seem to make a clean turn to save his life. I think the only thing that makes the game interesting is the cards.
Agreed, kinda.

When you combine racing with complex, distracting tasks, you kind of expect the race courses to be simple enough that you don't drive intol a wall while engaging in said tasks. It does concern me that while the courses were simple with mostly wide turns(pro), the vehicles can't seem to take the turns very well anyway(con).

So as a racer, I don't really expect anything fun except when a strong emphasis on the cards makes it more interesting.

However, you can turn your vehicle around and drive backwards while attacking people behind you. Not very practical, but it sure looks awesome.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Where in the world is Yu-Gi-Oh going? Totally selling out as it seems.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Where in the world is Yu-Gi-Oh going? Totally selling out as it seems.
?

How is it a sell out (or any more of one than any other licensed game)?

This is straight from the cartoon/anime, and it's actually pretty original - two months earlier and it would have beaten the Excitebot poker races to market.

Spire

III
BRoomer
?

How is it a sell out (or any more of one than any other licensed game)?

This is straight from the cartoon/anime, and it's actually pretty original - two months earlier and it would have beaten the Excitebot poker races to market.
Sorry, I don't watch the TV show. To me, Yu-Gi-Oh will always be that "slimmed down Magic the Gathering" for youngsters back in 2002-03, not some racing game.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I wonder what's taking the reviews so long. I guess none of the sites got a copy in advanced?

Still, I would have expected metacritic to show at least one or two reviews by now. At least a user somment/rating.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
As an actual player of the card game I must say I hate the racing aspect of 5D's. It is the single element that prevents me from watching the show or buying this game. It's like yugioh was backed into a corner and ***** by F-Zero producing this ******** flipper baby of a concept. The card game is still fun to play and the synchros introduced by 5D's are a cool concept if a bit ridiculous at times (I mean really now Goyo Guardian and Dark Strike Fighter are ridiculous) but it is just ruined by the half ***** racing gimmick.

Top Bottom