• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zamus fB only has 2 hitboxes

Mienaikage

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this is already known, but I was doing some training, and I noticed that there are only 2 hitboxes on Zamus fB whip. There is one at the start (where the whip leaves her gun) and the explosive one at the end. Everything else in the middle is pure animation only. This is not a problem for larger characters, but slim built ones (e.g. Sonic, another ZZS) tend to evade it if you incorrectly position the attack.

Now I know why my fB missed occasionally after going straight through my opponent...

Wararchon

Smash Cadet
Good find, so does the first hitbox hit the opponent into the second hitbox at the end of the whip, cuz that happens a lot.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Already known, but good work figuring it out.

Wararchon: sometimes it does. Sometimes, if the person is small enough, they can just fly over the 2nd hitbox.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
I've noticed this as well. It's shocking when it happens because you really did think you'd nailed the enemy...but then they're magically untouched...but it's not too hard to get around. The hitboxes are still rather large and with practice I think it won't be a problem.

Luz

Smash Apprentice
Woah, no good >< Thanks for pointing this out. Although it seems like people already knew about this.... I didn't though!

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed this as well. It's shocking when it happens because you really did think you'd nailed the enemy...but then they're magically untouched...but it's not too hard to get around. The hitboxes are still rather large and with practice I think it won't be a problem.
yea, its happened to me before as well. ah well, i still think its ZSS' best move out of her move set, with perfect spacing you can do some real damage, not to mention its awsome as an edgeguard as well.

Top Bottom