• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zamus: Make her visible on select screen

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
I know Sakurai is not going to patch anything into Brawl, but if he ever decides to there is one thing I want to happen (besides tripping):

Make Zamus visible on the character select screen! Seriously, do the thing they did with Zelda/Shiek and Pokemon Trainer.

Sometimes I forget to hold the shield and I am just regular Samus, I mean come on Nintendo!

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
den simultaneously press up and down on the d-pad 2 turn into zss
Because it's effective and easy to do once a match starts, right? /sarcasm

I agree, I don't see why you can select Zelda/Shiek, and choose your starting Pokemon, but you have to hold a button for Samus?

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
den simultaneously press up and down on the d-pad 2 turn into zss
Well, I mean that is not really the point. I am never going to do the taunt way to turn into Zamus, I would just restart the match.

However, it almost seems like they don't want people to play as Zamus, or else it would have just been logical to make her visible on the character select screen.

It gets annoying having to restart a match after not holding shield, but that isn't the main problem. The problem is it is just a pointless hinderance.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
He's not ******** guys...clearly he knows HOW to be ZSS at the start of a match, he's just annoyed that it's something he has to deal with AT ALL, rather then not having to worry about it.

It's a legitimate complaint. The other characters that can switch have the functionality...yet Samus doesn't. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

...(but then again, neither does tripping.)

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Other characters also have the ability to switch back and forth at any time in the match easily, with down-b.

Samus can only change to Zamus with the taunt combination which isn't the easiest thing to do, and it can't be done in reverse. That is, of course, excluding the Final Smash.

I can see why there isn't an option to select her based on that... but you can still hold a button to do it before the match starts, thus defeating the purpose of not having the ability to just select her. I find it a hassle to have to hold R before every match, and then check to make sure I did it right since sometimes it doesn't go through because I let go too early/press too late.

I've actually gotten to the point that I hold R regardless of who I select now. I often hold select Ike, Hold R and hit start, and make sure I am the right character XD

Kinsei_Kensei

Smash Apprentice
If you have issues with remembering to hold down R, just do what I do. Train yourself to ALWAYS hold R when you're in a menu screen. The only character it will actually affect is Power Suit Samus to Zero suit Samus and that's what you want, right?

hellbourne

Smash Cadet
Funny story related to this: My friend asked me to help him unlock some characters and I asked him who he had and he said, "I don't even have zero suit samus yet." I lol'd

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
I have a good reason why they should let you choose ZSS and Samus just like Sheik/Zelda and PT.

So that you can make the computers play as ZSS.

Also it's kind of silly thing in the first place to make you pick ZSS by holding Shield button.

There are probably tons of SSBB players who don't check the internet, and they'll probably never know that you can pick ZSS from the beginning by holding the shield button.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
It's pretty logical that you don't have Down B to turn into Zamus and back. How would she turn back from Zamus to Samus without having the Power Suit? The pieces all fall of and you throw them and then they are gone. You need something special to get her into her Samus from again and so there is no Special attack wasted on doing this.
Holding the R at the beginning of a match is the same thing for me as holding the Z button at the beginning of a match with Zelda/Sheik in Melee (I always wanted to start as Sheik). I've got no problems with it at all.

The only thing that bothers me is that it is so hard to switch from Samus to Zamus in game. I don't care if it takes long, but it could've been made easier to do. I just can't pull it of when I want to do it.

khepri

Smash Lord
Switching during a match is easy and takes no more than a second, the thing is it makes you vulnerable to attack during the switch. I really wish we had that option on the select screen.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty logical that you don't have Down B to turn into Zamus and back. How would she turn back from Zamus to Samus without having the Power Suit? The pieces all fall of and you throw them and then they are gone. You need something special to get her into her Samus from again and so there is no Special attack wasted on doing this.
Holding the R at the beginning of a match is the same thing for me as holding the Z button at the beginning of a match with Zelda/Sheik in Melee (I always wanted to start as Sheik). I've got no problems with it at all.

The only thing that bothers me is that it is so hard to switch from Samus to Zamus in game. I don't care if it takes long, but it could've been made easier to do. I just can't pull it of when I want to do it.
To transform the easy way:

1. Hold your Classic Controller/Gamecube Controller sideways. Make sure both your thumbs are on the "Up taunt" button and "Down taunt" buttons.

2. Press "Up taunt" first, then while Samus is doing her up taunt animation, RAPIDLY MASH BOTH UP AND DOWN TAUNT BUTTONS, AS FAST AS YOU CAN, UNTIL YOU SEE SAMUS TRANSFORM.

This should only take a second, if you're really pressing up and down as fast as you can.

Also note that the order you press up and down DOES NOT MATTER as long as you press it during Samus' up taunt.

Also, this can be done on the Wii remote + nunchuck if you want.

I wouldn't mind if Zelda/Sheik's transformation was done this way too so that Zelda/Sheik can get their own Down + B moves, same with PT.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
I hate this also. Sometimes I forgot to press the Shield button and I have to play as Samus. Can I fight with a Zamus CPU in Brawl Mode?

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
can you make cpu Zamus?
Yes, but you have to have a second controller (of course, who doesn't). What you do is set up a CPU Samus as, say, the second player, and hold that controller's (second, in this case) shield button as you go to the stage select screen.

Mind you, there may be an easier way, but I haven't found it if there is.

Froth

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but you have to have a second controller (of course, who doesn't). What you do is set up a CPU Samus as, say, the second player, and hold that controller's (second, in this case) shield button as you go to the stage select screen.

Mind you, there may be an easier way, but I haven't found it if there is.
Thanks

10char

Top Bottom