• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Zelda Art Thread

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've been around the SmashBroads (New account, I used to be toon_marth, that moron who help contribute to the failed Project Zelda a while back). So I might as well contribute to something that I happened to find a few seconds ago on a friend's blog.

Hell yeah, first post is in the Zelda forum.

I like this one, I view it as Link leaving the good (light) behind him, and facing the evil (dark) in front of him with the master sword ready.

This is the same artist that made the gigantic 25th Anniversary piece

I thought it was, but I wasn't sure. That guy surely has some amazing talent.

Gatlin

Thought this was really cute and funny, and so true.

Gatlin

"You found rupees of all colors, that's worth 500 rupees.

...But it was too big to fit in your wallet, so you put it back."
Haha yup. I love wandering around searching for a chest, hoping to find a key, only to find rupees that I can't carry.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
Looks really good. This is in the same impressionistic style Skyward Sword is going for correct? To be honest, if Skyward Sword looked exactly like this, I'd really enjoy it even though my favorite style is Twilight Princess

Spire

III
BRoomer
It's definitely inspired by Skyward Sword, but I wasn't trying to replicate the style. It's vibrant, but not soft and rounded. There's the vastness of TP and the color of SS.

And if you were wondering, Link's equipment includes: Hero's Tunic, Hylian Pauldrons and Gauntlets, Crystal Spear (unofficial name), and the Wyvylyre [wy-veh-leer], a stringed woodwind instrument.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
Cool. Yeah, I was wondering what that harp-like instrument was on his back. I also remembered what the impressionism art style looks like and it really is more soft and round like you say. Either way, I like the style it has.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
That's a good work, it has some good light effects, even though the link's shadow is kind of out of dimenssion in the floor, but still good.

IYM!

Smash Lord
Spire, your work is awesome, i wish have that talent.

i want share something. It is a hookshot that I designed for my history, still it does not have name, but what it does to this an special hookshot is the double function.

When the cleavers estan closed, these work as a common hook. They stick to the wood, and in the rock.

When they are opened, it is possible to use them as chains to pull things, for example:
The boss that Link defeated with this weapon - in my history - had a shell, Link aimed at the hook with the closed cleavers and as soon as the hook was penetrating in the shell, Link activates the mechanism and opens the cleavers. Hereby, Link begins to pull the shell up to starting it of to chunks

the first draw have the cleavers closed, and the second have it opened. What do you think?

theese are my hookshots ( Link have two of these weapons)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Artistically, the drawing of Skull Kid with a burning Clock Town and a firework-ridden sky is my favorite. My least favorite is probably Link leading Igos du Ikana's army. I love the idea of Link teaming up with and/or becoming a Stalfos, but there are too many techniques trying to be implemented in this drawing, none of which were done to par. Plus, Link looks terrible.

I wish that drawing of the Happy Mask Salesman wasn't filtered through the cutout filter. I'd rather see the original marks by the artist, digital or not.

etecoon

Smash Hero
everything I posted was fan art

second LA pic is so cute! background looks sloppy though, like the artist just rushed it after drawing the characters

etecoon

Smash Hero

it all makes sense now

batman and the joker are obviously link and ganondorfs descendents

Gatlin

Always love your art Spire, keep up the good work :)
Love the smokey look to it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Thanks man. Though I hope you're not mistaking me as the artist of that Deku Tree of Life piece. I wish was because I had already categorized Pokémon in a similar fashion, just didn't think to do the same with Zelda. Rats!

Top Bottom