• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda = Best 2 on 2 partner?

Awesomeasusual

Smash Cadet
1. Great KO abilities.
2. High knockback keeps enemies separated.
3. Slow movement can be covered by ally.
4. Great recovery (when used properly).
5. Insane splash and range on projectile.
6. Projectile can be controlled to explode on only enemies in friendly fire on matches.
7. Good edgeguarding capability with Din's and Heel spike.
8. Powerful lightning kick to combo enemies with.
9. Most smash attacks stun enemies for a longer than usual period of time and deal great damage.
10. Downsmash is a great fast clear out move for crowded situations.

Crazy Hobo

Smash Cadet
Ya, between my friends my team wins a lot. A good strategy is to trap them between a smash attack and dins. It also helps when your partner is Lucas and you can heal him for over 30%

Iris

Smash Ace
Yeah, Zelda's ability to hold enemies in place with hitlag and multi-hits is a godsend, as well as her ability to destroy any opponent being held in place. Unfortunately, with team attack on, she kind of makes the enemy unapproachable for your teammate.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Iris, just learn to control your dins a little better..
Team Attack On, 2v2 is my primary style of play.

The real trick is not to just stand still and throw dins, you have to move around.
For example one possibility is to jump toward the enemies, preform a recoil special and land back where you started..

This way you're already halfway to your enemies when the din's starts and your teammate won't have any trouble approaching. After that it's a matter of being precise and exploding it before your after the position your partner is standing.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Powerful lightning kick to combo enemies with?

I assume you mean : powerful lightning kick can be used as the final blow in a combo.
It's confusing as is.... lightning kick is the last thing to start a combo with, it's super strong.

Don't forget the reflector that is so large it is possible to interpose for your partner in rare situations.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I don´t know about being the best, since lots of other chars have also very strong teambattle attacks and strategies (Mario´s F.L.U.D.D. and edgeguard, DDD´s grabs and power...) but Zelda is definitely one of the best teamplayers IMO pretty much because of the reasons stated earlier. It just reguires her to be "the killer" in the team while the other player takes care of damaging the opponents.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
If you can get a good Ike or Meta with you, I'm pretty sure you've got things pretty **** well. If you have a G&W, you'll have a freakin' godly team. However, you're never really going to have a good time if you never risk the chance of killing your teammate while killing the opponent. You'll have an even better team if you both realize that killing your teammate/getting killed with the opponent is the best thing.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I have to disagree Tsuteto.

Killing your teammate with the opponent cannot be the best thing, because killing only your opponent is much better.

I play 2v2 with an Ike that is much better than me, so it's working out great so far haha.
I'm just trying to keep improving so I can keep up with him more.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
If I have a chance to kill a G&W, I'll do it. Besides, typically your teammate, if worked with enough, should know when you're coming in for a kill and can get out of the way. Besides, at least to my theories, if a Marth is approaching from afar and my teammate is right next to me, I can sweetspot kick him at a low percentage and the Marth will run into it, having the sweetspot effect him too. If he's high percentage, proceed to down taunt and laugh ^^

My tactics are unorthodox compared to the norm, so I'm not offended about you disagreeing, if it came off that way. But doing the unpredictable can totally throw off someone's game.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
I think a good team is a COMPETENT Sonic and Zelda. Sonic is fast (making up for Zelda's lack of speed) and can make a spring...which as we all know allows Zelda to cast up to 4 Din's Fire's at once. Always a good thing.

I do hate Sonic though :(

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I think a good team is a COMPETENT Sonic and Zelda. Sonic is fast (making up for Zelda's lack of speed) and can make a spring...which as we all know allows Zelda to cast up to 4 Din's Fire's at once. Always a good thing.

I do hate Sonic though :(
Agreed, four Din´s can make nasty things happen for enemy team, but it reguires that Sonic player know how to avoid them while directing enemies to the explosions. It could also be that Zelda could compensate Sonic´s bad range and lack of projectile in return...

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
While I'm all about buffing up your character in your own forum, be aware that Mario has all of these advantages as well in teams and he's quicker. Zelda is not by any means imbalanced for teams.

Top Bottom