• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda characters in SSBB

Link_Master_Cheza

Smash Rookie
oh k ppl this is a thread that I just started where you can post all of the ideas you have for characters you want (or think deserver) to appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. my list of possible characters include:

1.Wolf Link(TP)
2.Wind Waker Link in cel-shaded form
3.Vaati(main enemy in Minish Cap)
4.Ganon(FINAL OOT boss) the one you have to fight w/o sword
5.Epona
6.King Darunia
7.Midna/Wolf Link tag team
8.Dark Link(OoT)
9.Oni Link
10.Deku Scrub Link from MM
11.Impa
12.Naborru
13.Tetra(girl pirate in TWW)
14.MAYBE TINGLE if they came up with some good moves(like that's likely)

so does anyone else have any more Zelda character ideas? i would also appreciate it if you gave me feedback on the characters I listed above

Thank You ^_^

Kais

Smash Ace
OOT Ganon FTW!!! I'm a huge fan of this implementation. I'm also surprised I haven't seen any threads about this before now. Oh and Deku Scrub Link would be a great addition too. Ahhhh good times...

~Kais

Rowe

Smash Cadet
I think if they add WW Link they'll reshade him atleast. I dunno about resizing...that would be kinda cool if they redid how his body is built a little to fit with the other Link. If they add Vaati, he'd be a main character of mine.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
WAY too many OoT chars. And Epona? Seriously...
I'd say from that list only Vaati, Midna/Wolf Link, amd Oni Link are applicable choices, the rest are a little too obscure. And Ganon's already in - they can always touch him up more, like they did with Luigi in SSBM except alot more.
I think there should really be some pre-OoT representation, like Aghanim from ALttP.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
You...uh, kinda left out Zant, being that he's the main atagonist of Link's most recent adventure and unique for a villian as well. He has a pretty good chance to get in Brawl (though not as much as Midna, but possibly a better chance that Vaati). *hides from any haters*

Anders Kaiser

Smash Apprentice
It's a little ironic that you tossed Tingle onto the end of your list like an afterthought. Personally, I think the chances of Tingle getting into Brawl are higher than everybody else on your list (except for maybe WW-style Link).

Otherwise....there's not much else to say about that list, other than I hope you realize how unrealistic it is to expect that many Zelda characters. I mean...Epona fighting? That might be the most confusing character suggestion I've ever seen.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The only things I think have a chance that have not been confirmed are
Ganondorf (Un clonfied)
Ganondorf (Still clonified...you know, if those developers get lazy for some inane reason)
Midna (Without Wolf Link)
WW Link
Young Link (Still a clone for some reason)
Vatti
Skull Kid.

That's about it.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I really think that Zelda will have 5 characters this time around. Considering it's one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, along with Mario and Pokemon, and also considering Sakurai wants 40 characters. In my opinion we'll see Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Midna and WW Link.
I pretty much guarantee it.

CodeRed

Smash Apprentice
I think Quill, the mail-bird, from Dragon Roost could be a cool character. I don't know about moves, but I bet they could come up with something. Overall though, I would want Skull Kid.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
LOLOLOLOLOL I WANNA PLAY WIF EPONA!!11!!

Wtf, man. Epona? a horse....whats wrong with you?
Perhaps Epona can be yet another assistant trophy, or perhaps in the background of a Zelda TP stage. But yeah, definately not a playable character. That would be so random....and eerie.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
WOW, one second there isn't a post for 15months, therefoere i thot it was odd so i posted it, i went to sleep, woke up, and saw like ten more posts all of a sudden!

Anyways do u guys think that wwlink might b a costume that maybe u have to unlock, kinda like one of peach's costumes was daisy???

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
Add Skull Kid there.
It has much bigger change getting in Brawl than Dark Link, Epona or Tigle.

E: God dammit why i cant see my *beep* sign??

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
WOW, one second there isn't a post for 15months, therefoere i thot it was odd so i posted it, i went to sleep, woke up, and saw like ten more posts all of a sudden!

Anyways do u guys think that wwlink might b a costume that maybe u have to unlock, kinda like one of peach's costumes was daisy???
I dunno.....we can't be at all sure. Bear this in mind though, look at the graphics and details. Does it actually look like a game where WW Link can be a playable character? It looks to me that this would be very hard to pull off indeed.

brawlpro

Smash Master
I dunno.....we can't be at all sure. Bear this in mind though, look at the graphics and details. Does it actually look like a game where WW Link can be a playable character? It looks to me that this would be very hard to pull off indeed.
Yeah, guess so, but did ssbm's graphics look like they would have a character like game and watch? still, it mite b a maybe.

Anyways, i still can't stop laughin that after i said hbd to link cheza, there were like 10 posts from a time period of 15 months:laugh:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah, guess so, but did ssbm's graphics look like they would have a character like game and watch? still, it mite b a maybe.

Anyways, i still can't stop laughin that after i said hbd to link cheza, there were like 10 posts from a time period of 15 months:laugh:
True, very true, but still, G&W is a simple piece of paper cut out into a......um.....paper guy. To this day, I still don't know why he was added as a playable character bro; however, I do see your point. With that being said, WW Link could have a shot.....although it's rather questionable...

Well what can I say bro, I keep things interesting!!!:laugh: Ha Ha!

bored

Smash Ace
I wish Zant was in, but I also want Ganondorf to be in... I don't think they both will be playable... :/

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
^^Ganondorf should more than likely be a playable character. I give him a 92.4 chance of him showing up in the Brawl roster.

Zant.....Zant is a different story. C'mon bro, there are other Zelda villains that are way wayyy more deserving not from TP. I really would like to see Onox mix it up with people, or even Dark Link.

brawlpro

Smash Master
^^Ganondorf should more than likely be a playable character. I give him a 92.4 chance of him showing up in the Brawl roster.

Zant.....Zant is a different story. C'mon bro, there are other Zelda villains that are way wayyy more deserving not from TP. I really would like to see Onox mix it up with people, or even Dark Link.
Dark link would look cool, but he will prolly just b a rip off clone of link, like he was in that 1 even match, like i said about the ww thing it would be cool if dark link was an alternate costume.
WOW, 2 pages, where is that link cheza guy anyways, does anyone else wonder, dude hasn't logged in 4 over a year, aw well, smash quitters.:ohwell:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
It's a little ironic that you tossed Tingle onto the end of your list like an afterthought. Personally, I think the chances of Tingle getting into Brawl are higher than everybody else on your list (except for maybe WW-style Link).

Otherwise....there's not much else to say about that list, other than I hope you realize how unrealistic it is to expect that many Zelda characters. I mean...Epona fighting? That might be the most confusing character suggestion I've ever seen.
Agree. Tingle has the most chance. He has two of his own games and starred in every Zelda game from MM except TP cause he had a spin-off character. That character was the S.T.A.R.S. guy.
Epona is the dumbest character suggestion ever. End of story. Happy Mask Salesman, Dampe, or the Postman should replace that.

oh k ppl this is a thread that I just started where you can post all of the ideas you have for characters you want (or think deserver) to appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. my list of possible characters include:

1.Wolf Link(TP)
2.Wind Waker Link in cel-shaded form
3.Vaati(main enemy in Minish Cap)
4.Ganon(FINAL OOT boss) the one you have to fight w/o sword
5.Epona
6.King Darunia
7.Midna/Wolf Link tag team
8.Dark Link(OoT)
9.Oni Link
10.Deku Scrub Link from MM
11.Impa
12.Naborru
13.Tetra(girl pirate in TWW)
14.MAYBE TINGLE if they came up with some good moves(like that's likely)

so does anyone else have any more Zelda character ideas? i would also appreciate it if you gave me feedback on the characters I listed above

Thank You ^_^
Funny you put that stuff about Tingle that I bolded in your quote. You want a moveset...here you go-

Tingle Moveset-

Standard Attacks
A- Jab
AA- Jab Jab
AAA- Jab Jab headbutt
Over A- Paintbrush strike
Down A- Use his map like G@W panel thing
Up A- Headbutts them up
Running A- Jumps on stomach and slides with his P.Brush out for a hit

Special Moves(B)
B- Charges Paintbrush(optional)like and Breaks Sheild like Marths Sheild Breaker
Over B- Slashes P.Brush like Over A but Shoots Paint out
Up B- Balloon Recovery that can be popped after 3 seconds of use. Allows manueverability like Pits Wings of Icarus
Down B- Pulls out Rupees to throw at people. Damage depending on what kind of Rupee you pick

Recovery-
First Jump- Height of Fox's or a little lower
Second Jump- Like Fox's
Up B Jump- His balloon

Smash Attacks-
Over Smash- Paintbrush Strike like Links in 64
Down Smash- Double Side attack like Marth or Links
Up Smash- Takes Paintbrush and swirls around while using it. Inside of it does most.

Aerial attacks-
Fair- Pulls out map in front of himself
Nair- A jumping kick like Fox's
Dair- Sticks his P.Brush down for a Meteor or Spike
Bair- Takes map with one hand and hits them with it

Final Smash-
Name- ???(haven't thought of it)
What he does- Goes onto his cloud(from his knew DS game)and takes out his sword and you slash enemies or just one in a cinamatec scene. If not cinamatec, you manuever it like Volt Tackle(except not as fast) and go and slash people. Cinamatec can be him flying towards you at high speeds and then keeps slashing you like Links.

Taunt-
Dance and Words- Tingle does his infamous dance and words of twirling around and saying Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!

Grabs-
Grab attacks- Headbutts him
Grab Throw in his direction- A Strike with Sword
Grab Throw opposite direction- Throws him back then throws his map like a boomerang for a hit
Grab Throw Down- Stabs them with his sword
Grab Throw Up- Throws like Jiggs does

This is probably the best Tingle moveset ever made and would work.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice

Actually, he and Vaati are the most deserving villians for a spot in Brawl in my opinion. Vaati's been in two games but we haven't seen him for a while, while Zant on the other hand appeared in the newest Zelda game. So I wouldn't doubt his chances, although Midna would probably get in before him. And as much as I'd like to see Skull Kid make it in, he's a little past his time despite his popularity. I wish they could've at least included him somehow in Melee rather than Tingle. (They didn't even give Skull Kid a trophy. How unfair is that.)

Top Bottom