• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Zelda church real life

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
It was probably more a reference to the trinity rather than triforce, really. Three triangles isn't that uncommon of a symbol.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
its three triagles aligned as triforce and two of them are the triforce sign
placed in a center of a church
a church that has fancy design like zelda stuff
its just so zelda-ish imo

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
The Triforce is three triangles with a gap in between forming a forth. >_>
Zelda design is based off of older architecture like churches, not the other way around.

How old is that church, anyway?

Spire

III
BRoomer
its three triagles aligned as triforce and two of them are the triforce sign
placed in a center of a church
a church that has fancy design like zelda stuff
its just so zelda-ish imo
But Gaudi designed this church about a century before Zelda was ever imagined. It's just coincidence and because none of the games sport any architecture even similar to Gaudi's neo-gothic style, you can't even draw resemblances there. The appearance of a triforce-like carving is all this has going for it.

Now the Roman Pantheon is EXTREMELY similar to the room in TP's Temple of Time where you fight the Darknut and retrieve the Dominion Rod. Look:

NixxxoN

Smash Master
But Gaudi designed this church about a century before Zelda was ever imagined. It's just coincidence and because none of the games sport any architecture even similar to Gaudi's neo-gothic style, you can't even draw resemblances there. The appearance of a triforce-like carving is all this has going for it.
Yes I know Its coincidence. I saw it some days ago and couldnt help but thinking about Zelda

and... I dunno but the Gaudi fancy architecture remind me of Zelda stuff

I recommend watching this video of the opening, its just pure freaking beauty, something un-seen before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCKHEh949kA
watch from 0:57 to 1:41 and from 2:46 to the end

finalark

SNORLAX
I went into this thread hoping for a good lol about a cult that worships the three goddesses or something.

Either way, the three triangles arranged like that have been used forever. It's not like Miyamoto invented it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Are we sure there ISN'T a cult that worships the Goddesses?

That seems like something certain people would be all over.

Well I mean, some guy started a church of the jedi somewhere in europe where they wear jedi robes.

Wouldn't be too surprising if there was one imo.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, I doubt it. If there is one, it's probably upheld by about three or four highschoolers in Wyoming or something.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, I doubt it. If there is one, it's probably upheld by about three or four highschoolers in Wyoming or something.
I want to know why Wyoming, is it because nothing's there?

And really, Star War's Fanbase is much larger than Zelda's, just saying.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

vs.

http://zeldawiki.org/Main_Page

If you really need proof. Note: wikis are upheld and updated by fans.
i dont see any proof here sorry. Just because there are more articles on a wiki website it doesnt mean the fanbase is larger.

Star Wars has been around for almost 10 more years than Zelda and is much more of a mainstream franchise. No, you can't calculate it exactly but it just is common sense.
Star wars being older doesnt mean anything. By this logic, Mozart and his music must have 100 times larger fanbase than both!
yes star wars is more mainstream, but one thing is watching the movies and another is being a fan of it

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
That's a stupid comparison.

Mozart is "high art" from a culture that has passed. And even then, I'm sure Mozart has more worldwide fans than Taylor Swift or whatever. It's stupid to argue about this, but it's completely different than Star Wars which is firmly implanted in modern pop-culture.

Those wikis are the closest thing you're gonna get to "proof" so you might as well stop talking about it.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Star wars being older doesnt mean anything. By this logic, Mozart and his music must have 100 times larger fanbase than both!
yes star wars is more mainstream, but one thing is watching the movies it and another is being a fan of it
If you really want proof, go out on the street right now and ask people if they are a fan of Star Wars, then ask them if they are a fan of Zelda. Now continue walking around the world until you've asked everyone. See you in a few years.

There's no way of knowing other than plain common sense tbh.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Ok, so thats why I dont like the idea of assuming that star wars fanbase is larger. We all know both things are amazing stuff and have a lot of fans. Sure that more people know Star Wars compared to Zelda, but as i said, knowing or having watched it doesnt mean being a fan. I have watched all Star Wars movies but Im not a fan because I dont love it nearly as much as I do with Zelda. Also, only the 3 original movies are good. Computer graphics kill the beauty of it

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
****, i was really excited seeing the thread title. It is a pretty impressive building, though.

Top Bottom