• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Combos

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
U guys have seen zeldas roll cancel pivot grab right? That has so much range that I think it will be in some combos like the range of the RC pivot grab is like 2 times bigger than her F-smash

Alphatron

Smash Champion
The entirety of the cast can just jump away after the dthrow, so you don't need DI to escape it at all. If your percentage is too low, the first hit of Faore's wind won't send you high enough to for the second one to hit you. And if your percentage is too high, the dthrow will send you far enough away so that you can simply jump before Zelda does anything.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
The entirety of the cast can just jump away after the dthrow, so you don't need DI to escape it at all. If your percentage is too low, the first hit of Faore's wind won't send you high enough to for the second one to hit you. And if your percentage is too high, the dthrow will send you far enough away so that you can simply jump before Zelda does anything.
Actually no, In low and mid percents she can do down-throw to nair to fair/bair
FW combos around 80 depending on height
also in low percents she can down-tilt to up-tilt to Up-smash

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I mainly play online so it might be major input lag. But I always make sure to buffer my actions. Even when I DO catch people in the nair after the dthrow at low percent, I always see an animation of them attempting to do something, such as using a nuetral aerial or trying to use their second jump. Yesterday I played against a Mario player who would dair me after the dthrow before I could even get Zelda off the ground. At times, I couldn't even shield after throwing him and I was holding the shield button throughout the duration of the attack.

I really think the faore's wind thing is weight dependent too. I couldn't send Link high enough to get hit by the second hit of FW until he was at around 95% or so.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Actually no, In low and mid percents she can do down-throw to nair to fair/bair
FW combos around 80 depending on height
also in low percents she can down-tilt to up-tilt to Up-smash
She can do the Dthrow > Nair > Bair one but the bair isn't always guaranteed.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
:4zelda: Down tilt to jab to dash attack works at mid percents
So does down tilt to up tilt to up smash
And low percents I down tilt to down throw to nair then I try to get a read after the nair

I think she could be offensive too

lirehsa

Smash Rookie
Dtilt, roll forward, Dtilt, roll forward (you should be where you started) repeat. Will work when natural Dtilt combo doesn't work. very useful against certain characters with high startup lag on jump/other moves.

Top Bottom