• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I believe this will happen.

Link
Essentially the same but tweaked moves and will look like in his latest game (e.g. Skyward Sword).

Zelda/Shiek/Impa
Zelda will be the same as before and will look as her newest form (e.g. Skyward Sword). They may create a new Shiek but I would prefer Impa to replace her. She's one of the few reoccuring characters and should be represented. Impa would be just like Shiek just different in looks.

Ganondorf
Fix everything....

Young/Toon Link
I view Toon Link as the newest version of Young Link and to me they're pretty much represent the Young Link games. I did like the Toon Link color more to represent the NES Zelda games (which is my main). They could give him new specials to make him different then adult Link but it will depend on what version they use. I think him shooting beams from his sword would be rather epic.

And personally that's all I think should be represented of the Zelda universe. Now if they're really going to add a new Zelda character then the next choice is....(I can't believe I'm saying this)....is Tingle.

I do not see how anyone can think one hit wonder side characters likes Midna, Groose, Ghriamn (sp), etc... could even have a chance. Don't get me wrong they're interesting and cool characters (well except Groose) but they don't represent the Zelda universe as a whole.

I could think of tons of Zelda characters that would be awesome in Smash.

-Darunia (OOT): Megaton Hammer weilding, Sumo fighting, awesome dancing, Goron
-Happy Mask Salesman (OOT/Majora's Mask): As one person mention before but yeah....sooo creepy but awesome. Not creepy like Tingle.
-Krazy Tracy (Link's Awakening): Dominatrix style character similar to Ivy.
-Agahinim (L2P): Great rep for Link to the Past and interesting sorcerer character.
-The Great Fairy: Hey if Palutena can be playable why can't she?

Not saying that any of the character have a chance I'm just stating that there are tons of cool Zelda characters.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
And personally that's all I think should be represented of the Zelda universe. Now if they're really going to add a new Zelda character then the next choice is....(I can't believe I'm saying this)....is Tingle.

I do not see how anyone can think one hit wonder side characters likes Midna, Groose, Ghriamn (sp), etc... could even have a chance. Don't get me wrong they're interesting and cool characters (well except Groose) but they don't represent the Zelda universe as a whole.

I could think of tons of Zelda characters that would be awesome in Smash.

-Darunia (OOT): Megaton Hammer weilding, Sumo fighting, awesome dancing, Goron
-Happy Mask Salesman (OOT/Majora's Mask): As one person mention before but yeah....sooo creepy but awesome. Not creepy like Tingle.
-Krazy Tracy (Link's Awakening): Dominatrix style character similar to Ivy.
-Agahinim (L2P): Great rep for Link to the Past and interesting sorcerer character.
-The Great Fairy: Hey if Palutena can be playable why can't she?

Not saying that any of the character have a chance I'm just stating that there are tons of cool Zelda characters.
This is why I'm a HUGE fan of Masked Moveset Young Link.

Besides Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, everyone else is very unimportant to the franchise. I love Ghirahim to death as a villain in the series, but if he made it in I would feel uncomfortable because he doesn't represent the series as a WHOLE.

Impa, and Tingle, both are reoccurring in the series as well. I'd be a happy to see Impa for this reason and Tingle... Well I'd be only okay with his inclusion if he was under his own franchise emblem "Yoshi" style.

But the reason I'd kill to see Masked Young Link is not for the reason one would think. I love Majoras Mask to death, but that's not the reason for my support.

My reason is that Masked Link would be a PERFECT way to represent three reoccurring races in the series; Deku, Goron, and Zora, in a way that was established through MM.

That's the reason I support him. Any Zelda fan, whether they've played only one post-Oot game or all of them, will recognize the races. :)

:phone:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well, one aspect of the games that represents the series as a whole is the "alternate villain/minion". Ganondorf is and always will be the main Zelda villain. Since Adventure of Link though, there have been numerous minions of his, or in the games unrelated to ol' Ganny, powerful, unrelated antagonists. Let's review these folks:
  • Dark Link — Adventure of Link
  • Agahnim — A Link to the Past
  • Dethl — Link's Awakening
  • Skull Kid & Majora's Mask — Majora's Mask
  • Twinrova — Oracle of Seasons/Ages
  • Vaati — The Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures
  • Zant — Twilight Princess
  • Phantom Bellum — Phantom Hourglass
  • Malladus — Spirit Tracks
  • Ghirahim — Skyward Sword
How many of these are deserving of a spot in Super Smash Bros.? Very few, if any. Dark Link is simply a mirror of Link and is already an alternate costume (so I guess he's already in Smash Bros..). Agahnim was just Ganon all along, basically the forerunner for Ganondorf's appearance in Ocarina of Time. Dethl, lol nope. Skull Kid & Majora's Mask are very popular despite threatening only one game (lesser appearances in OoT and TP don't help Skull Kid's chances). If Majora's Mask was remade for the 3DS, their combined chances might raise a bit. Twinrova is highly unlikely, but I'd be very happy to see them. Vaati probably has the highest chance of any of these candidates having antagonized Link in three games. Zant's name starts with Z for a reason. Z for zero chance. Phantom Bellum starts with Z too. And Malladus. And then there's Ghirahim. He's current! But he's
dead
. He's ultimately as important as Fi, and she would never make it in.

Ya know, with Link, Zelda, and Demise constantly reincarnating through spirit, blood, and hatred respectively (Ganondorf was born twice into Hyrule, Malladus might also be Demise), there are bound to be other characters who too reappear through time, yes? Tingle for instance. Malon, Talon, Ingo, the Music Box Man, the Happy Mask Salesman, and many other classic Hyruleans reappear in multiple games throughout the timeline. Since the timeline is all real and concrete now, I guess we have to accept the fact that these people must just reincarnate as well. Rauru is probably a reincarnation of Gaepora (from Skyward Sword), since the Hyrule Historia has now confirmed he (Rauru) to be the owl Kaepora Gaebora, whose namesake is the basis of Gaepora's. Zelda's father reincarnates as Rauru, the sage of light? Auru in Twilight Princess is probably a reincarnation again. Vaati played a very similar role to Ghirahim in the Four Swords arc as a sacrificial pawn of Demise/Ganon. Might Vaati be a bizarre reincarnation of Ghirahim as well?

So that's really ****ing confusing. There are all kinds of reincarnations here and there and everywhere in Zelda. There's a lot of consistency, and there's a lot of inconsistency threaded between those blips of concurrence. So... how do we measure character importance in Zelda? Link is the hero. Zelda is the legend. Ganon is the evil. Check. Sheik is... Zelda, disguised as a Sheikah. Tetra is also Zelda reborn as a pirate. Oh yeah, and then there's Phantom Zelda whose ghost inhabits a suit of armor. Deku Link is Link transformed into a Deku Scrub. And then there's Goron Link and Zora Link. And Fierce Deity Link. Oh, and Wolf Link. Annnnd Rabbit Link! And Minish Link. And young/adult Link. All kinds of transforming Links throughout the series...

What if they totally rebuilt Link to represent the series as wholly as possible. Redesign Link not to look like his Skyward Sword appearance, but something unique to Smash Bros. What if Link's down special has him stab the Master Sword into the ground to transform into Young Link? Each would have a full moveset equally different from one another. Adult Link would use items that the older Links in the series traditionally use while Young Link would use items that the young/toon Links use. Let me dream for a minute, because trust me, I know this is unrealistic:

Link
  • B : Bow
  • ↔B : Gust Bellows
  • ↑B : Hurricane Spin
  • ↓B : Iron Boots (slow speed, heavy weight, steadier bow shot)
  • Z : Clawshot
  • Taunt : Age (Young Link)
Young Link
  • B : Slingshot
  • ↔B : Boomerang
  • ↑B : Hurricane Spin
  • ↓B : Bomb
  • Z : Whip
  • Taunt : Age (Link)

Merge the two Links into one. Just show Link on the CSS, pull a ZSS to play as Young Link from the getgo. Keep him hidden. Okay so that's a terrible idea but you know what, I'm gonna leave it typed out. Maybe someone will enjoy the thought.

EDIT: I get carried away when talking about Zelda. I think the point I was trying to make is that 'secondary villain' is an archetype of Zelda. While there's not a single villain that really deserves it, it's an important aspect of the series and thus could yield a representative in Smash. Because of that, the latest secondary antagonist should get a spot in Smash, and should expectedly be replaced by the next current secondary antagonist circa Smash 5.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That actually is an interesting way to keep Link and Young Link. Not that I think it's likely, but I like the idea.

As for
Ghirahim being dead,
I don't think it's too big of a deal, considering Smash isn't exactly canonical to the source material. Just nitpicking. :p

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I never thought about it like that, Spire... A secondary antagonist IS very key to the franchise as well.

By no means would I be bitter if Ghirahim made it in, don't get me wrong :laugh:

However I think because of that people like Vaati, because he would be the antagonist to "Toon Link." Representing the Four Swords trilogy.

I guess having a "Small Link" is important to Sakurai right? Would merging the two keep him happy?

All I know is I'd be VERY bitter if it ended up being Link, Zelda/Impa, Demise, Ghirahim. :c They would have cut the franchise core completely by leaving Ganon out. Also focusing on one game like that would make me mad.

Speaking of Ganondorf?

I want him to look like this in the next Smash:
[COLLAPSE="Ganondorf Smash 4 Art Style"]
[/COLLAPSE]

I'd also prefer they stay away from "Skyward Sword" incarnations and instead opt for original, "universal" "Made-For-Smash" styles that everyone has. :)

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Demise can always be considered Ganondorf,just having Demise's design,and if costumes are in,he'll get Ganon's costumes,that's for sure. :)
Getting a SS styled design is possible too.
I have no idea what is that made-for-Smash you talk about.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Demise can always be considered Ganondorf,just having Demise's design,and if costumes are in,he'll get Ganon's costumes,that's for sure. :)
Getting a SS styled design is possible too.
I have no idea what is that made-for-Smash you talk about.
A majority of the characters in Smash Bros. have their own art style. (You won't find a Mario or Luigi with Denim textured overalls in their games haha). The Zelda crew had a look ripped right from a game, because it fit in perfectly. But if they go with a "high texture, realistic-y" art style for Smash Bros. 4 again, Skyward Sword style might not fit.

Even in brawl, Toon Link was modified to fit in with the art style.

I'm saying I'd like to see a "universal", "game-proof" Link, Zelda, and Ganodorf, as I'm partly convinced that's what could happen. Almost like they did in Melee (drawing inspiration from Ocarina of Time, of course). :)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
i'm sure i'll get a lot of complaints for this, but while i'd like to see both Ghirahim and Toon Link, i'm not sure that they will bring Toon Link back for the next Smash if there hasnt been a toon game.

The reason i say this, is that one of the reasons (not the main reason) Toon Link was a good addition to the roster, was because he was artistically different from Link. Another reason being that his games were a huge part of recent Zelda releases, and that they were relevant to the Zelda timeline.

However, it has been stated that the art style for Skyward Sword was basically a mix of the toon series and Twilight Princess, which would, if Toon Link was included, get rid of the uniqueness of the art styles. Even now its been awhile since they last released a Zelda with the Toon art style. It will be even longer if they dont release one, depending on when Smash 4 is released.

This is not because i don't want Toon Link in, but just pointing out facts. To argue it, you could say that they had 2 Links in Melee, both with the same art style. That is because they didnt have another art style to work with though. And on top of that, Young Link was essentially a clone of Link, even if some of his moves had different effects/were faster.

Ghirahim would be a good choice for Smash 4 .Sure, he was only in one game, and so was Zant, another secondary villain. In that respect, they are both similar and different. You fight Zant twice (i think? i dont remember exactly). Ghirahim is in Skyward Sword several times, and you fight him several times. He was the leading villain for a majority of it (sorry if that is considered a spoiler), and he is a great villain probably one of my favorites in recent games. He has great moveset potential, whereas young Link, while he COULD have a different moveset, is basically just Link but younger. And as far as Majora's mask and the toon series not being represented, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask weren't repped in Brawl either (technically). So while Toon Link or another rendition of Young Link would be cool, i wouldnt put money on it

Would i like to see both of them in it? Absolutely. I use Toon Link frequently in Brawl. But if it came down to it, i would pick Ghirahim over Toon Link. I personally would like to see more villains in Smash, even if there are two from the same series. Ganondorf and Ghirahim are both great villains, and are totally different from one another, which would make the roster more unique by itself.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Why wouldn't they do it with the triforce if they did it with Toon Link?

Anyway,I'm hoping for the game to be more cartoony,yes,that include snake,I'm at least hoping for the colors to be more alive.

But you know,that Ganon art mixed with a few Demise things(longer hair,ect.) ,,it could fit in the SS crew I think.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
You make a good point about the Secondary antagonist, Spire. The only problem is that if you liked him in Smash 4 you're pretty screwed in Smash 5. It's not like these character are similar either. I would assume Zant, Agahnim, and Ghirahim would be very different in Smash. Also, its not official that Agahnim and Ganon were the same person.

As for the Young Link I do not think the Mask version really represents him as a whole. I understand what you're getting at and I think he would be a fun character to play but to me he would just be the Link from Majora's mask. He wouldn't represent the other games like Zelda 1, The Oracle games, Wind Waker, Minish Cap, etc... and that's my only problem with Mask Link.

I think they should develop a moveset for him based around the items and weapons more associated with the Young Link. What I can think of right now is shooting sword, boomerang, and sling shot. I know Adult Link uses these too but I feel they're more often shown with young Link.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
The thing is I'm not confident that if Sakurai puts in young link or even toon link again that he'll unclone him. I mean, we still have Ganon's stupid capt.falcon moveset. Every link so far has been a copy of the original. I wouldn't have a problem with young link getting in if I wasn't sure it would be another clone deal.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
^ Same here basically. Sure thing, both Toon and Young Link do have the potential of being more than a Link-clone, or Link-semi clone, but what are the chances of that actually happening? Very slim. Especially a Majora's Mask-inspired Young Link. It's just too much work for characters that aren't even all that popular (individually).

Impa is still boss btw. Still wanting to see her make it. May it be with or without Ghirahim or Sheik.

slambros

Smash Ace
Skull kid won a poll in which the results were sent to Sakurai. He might be in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skull Kid would've made lots of sence in Melee. And more sence than Sheik did in Brawl even. Skull Kid actually isn't a one-off, and had a much more important role than Sheik in the series. So in retrospect, I would've prefered Skull Kid over Sheik even in Melee, if only to balance out the Zelda cast between OoT and MM. As pretty much all Zelda characters come from OoT in Melee, safe for Young Link, who still has his OoT-styled sword and shield- mind you. And it would make free for alls all the more epic.

D

Deleted member

Only importance Skull Kid had was Majora's Mask, where he was the unwitting pawn under Majora's control.
Given the fact that again, Sheik is fricking ZELDA, by association, she is much more important. Because again, Sheik = Zelda. I'll say it one more time: SHEIK IS ZELDA.

But no, people like Diddy choose to act as though Sheik is a seperate male entity that has nothing to do with Zelda herself.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Only importance Skull Kid had was Majora's Mask, where he was the unwitting pawn under Majora's control.
Given the fact that again, Sheik is fricking ZELDA, by association, she is much more important. Because again, Sheik = Zelda. I'll say it one more time: SHEIK IS ZELDA.

But no, people like Diddy choose to act as though Sheik is a seperate male entity that has nothing to do with Zelda herself.
^This. Every character thus far added to the roster has significance to the series. Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are each representative of the 3 pieces of the Triforce, and main characters (protagonist, damsel in distress, and antagonist). Toon Link has represented the Toon Games, and the younger side of Link in several games.

Sheik in a way represents Impa anyway as a "member" of the Sheikah. There isnt much of a reason that Impa should have her own spot. On the other hand, i support Ghirahim for Smash Bros even though he is potentially a one shot character, but that is because he is a bigger part of the storyline than Impa or Skull Kid (who doesnt really have much to do with anything besides Majora's Mask. And Majora has most of the power between the 2 anyway)

I would assume Sheik will have a design similar to Impa's, but i dont think Impa will be in the game. Unless they make her an assist trophy or something of course

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think that if there's one Zelda villain who deserves a spot in the SSB roster, it would be Vaati. I don't think he ha smuch of a chance, but he definatley has moveset potential and is the villain with the most appearances after Ganon. Plus, he could represent the Four Swords sub-series.

Edit: On Skull Kid, while I do think that MM's story is pretty cool, I don't think Skull Kid is important enough to the series to include. Plus, he was only really a villain once.

The same argument could be made for basically every villain that isn't Ganondorf, INCLUDING Vaati.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Edit: On Skull Kid, while I do think that MM's story is pretty cool, I don't think Skull Kid is important enough to the series to include. Plus, he was only really a villain once.

The same argument could be made for basically every villain that isn't Ganondorf, INCLUDING Vaati.
But Vaati appeared on 3 Zelda games.

Look here: http://www.zeldawiki.org/Vaati

Also, this article says of a possibilitie of Vaati being Ghirahim reincarnated (I'm shocked)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
But Vaati appeared on 3 Zelda games.

Look here: http://www.zeldawiki.org/Vaati

Also, this article says of a possibilitie of Vaati being Ghirahim reincarnated (I'm shocked)
...did you read the first part of my post? Anyway, my point wasn't that all Zelda villains besides Ganon are one-shots, but that they don't have much importance to the series a whole. While Vaati does have three appearances to his name, he's only really important to the 3 games he appears in.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
...did you read the first part of my post? Anyway, my point wasn't that all Zelda villains besides Ganon are one-shots, but that they don't have much importance to the series a whole. While Vaati does have three appearances to his name, he's only really important to the 3 games he appears in.
Oh sorry, I dunno sometimes.

But if you analyze. Ganondorf has no importance in some games, most likely The Minish Cap and Majora's Mask, and maybe Skyward Sword (it only explain his origin), so maybe Ganondorf only have importance on the games that him appeared too, maybe...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
But if you analyze. Ganondorf has no importance in some games, most likely The Minish Cap and Majora's Mask, and maybe Skyward Sword (it only explain his origin), so maybe Ganondorf only have importance on the games that him appeared too, maybe...
True, but he's managed to cement his position as THE Zelda villain. Granted, that may change in the future if he doesn't make any more appearances(which may very well be the case, since in all 3 timelines he's been killed or incapacitated permanentley). If that is the case, then who knows.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
True, but he's managed to cement his position as THE Zelda villain. Granted, that may change in the future if he doesn't make any more appearances(which may very well be the case, since in all 3 timelines he's been killed or incapacitated permanentley). If that is the case, then who knows.
I'm really curious about the upcoming Zelda tittles for 3DS and Wii U. Maybe we will get an answer to this?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ghirahim has A LOT of importance to the series, and he was only in Skyward Sword. He was basically the prophet of Demise, and essentially was the one that brought Ganondorf into the world. Sure, Demise is the most important because of his future reincarnations. And Vaati did appear as the villain 3 times. But Ghirahim was the only reason why the main villain of the series at this point IS the main villain. (unless you want to say Miyamoto is. In which case i fill feel like you owned my life)

Thats just part of my argument for Ghirahim. Not that it makes him more important, but he IS relevant no matter the case

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Ghirahim has A LOT of importance to the series, and he was only in Skyward Sword. He was basically the prophet of Demise, and essentially was the one that brought Ganondorf into the world. Sure, Demise is the most important because of his future reincarnations. And Vaati did appear as the villain 3 times. But Ghirahim was the only reason why the main villain of the series at this point IS the main villain. (unless you want to say Miyamoto is. In which case i fill feel like you owned my life)

Thats just part of my argument for Ghirahim. Not that it makes him more important, but he IS relevant no matter the case
As a character? No, it doesn't make him any more important. It's Ganondorf who is the series main villain, not
Demise
or Ghirahim, even if Ganondorf is
Demise's reincarnation.

When Ghirahim and
Demise
are still discussed and well remembered years from now, that's when I'll believe that they are somehow impportant.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think Impa would be a great replacment for Shiek. With Skyward Sword Zelda and Impa were a pair throughout a lot of the story. If they have Skyward Sword as the model for Smash 4 then I would feel Impa would be better choice than Shiek.

Impa is a constant reoccuring character in the Zelda series. Zelda1, Adventures of Link, OOT, Ages/Seasons, Skyward Sword, and even the CD-i games. Yes she's a side character but she seems to always help Link and guide him on the right path and works on keeping Zelda safe. That's much more plot influence than someone like Tingle. I'm not saying we should make her a new character but she need to be represented in some way.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I think Impa would be a great replacment for Shiek. With Skyward Sword Zelda and Impa were a pair throughout a lot of the story. If they have Skyward Sword as the model for Smash 4 then I would feel Impa would be better choice than Shiek.

Impa is a constant reoccuring character in the Zelda series. Zelda1, Adventures of Link, OOT, Ages/Seasons, Skyward Sword, and even the CD-i games. Yes she's a side character but she seems to always help Link and guide him on the right path and works on keeping Zelda safe. That's much more plot influence than someone like Tingle. I'm not saying we should make her a new character but she need to be represented in some way.
Impa can't replace Sheik. Yes she is more relevant, but SHEIK IS ZELDA, it's totally nonsense to replace Sheik with Impa. The better option is Sheik staying and Impa getting it own spot. But please...
Also, people are really getting crazy over Zelda Skyward, like the chacacter's designs and everything, and forgot that there are 2 upcoming Zelda tittles, and I have sure that it will be shown to the public in the next E3 with the first trailer of smash bros.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Impa can't replace Sheik. Yes she is more relevant, but SHEIK IS ZELDA, it's totally nonsense to replace Sheik with Impa. The better option is Sheik staying and Impa getting it own spot. But please...
Also, people are really getting crazy over Zelda Skyward, like the chacacter's designs and everything, and forgot that there are 2 upcoming Zelda tittles, and I have sure that it will be shown to the public in the next E3 with the first trailer of smash bros.
I do sorta get why people want Impa to "replace" Sheik, but I don't see it happening. It just wouldn't make sense for Zelda to turn into Sheik.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
just wouldn't make sense for Zelda to turn into Sheik.
Are you sure? :troll:

Also, just to add, it will doesn't make sense to Zelda and Sheik to get separate character icons. This will ruin their gameplay style, and it will just increase the game's slot cutting a chance for other chacacter

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As a character? No, it doesn't make him any more important. It's Ganondorf who is the series main villain, not
Demise
or Ghirahim, even if Ganondorf is
Demise's reincarnation.

When Ghirahim and
Demise
are still discussed and well remembered years from now, that's when I'll believe that they are somehow impportant.
Thats not what i meant.
Demise
IS Ganondorf. So if Ghirahim didn't release
Demise
, then there wouldn't be a Ganondorf. I'm not saying Ghirahim is the most important, but he IS important to some degree. Without his actions, there wouldn't be any vmain villain the way we see it now. Considering he started everything, he is at least a little bit more important

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious as to your actual reasoning there. Care to enlighten me?
One-shot villain ? Extremely unimportant to the series ? Very small fanbase ? Other, more popular one-shot villains would be better picks (i.e Ghirahim) ?
Hope you've seen my point of view.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Thats not what i meant.
Demise
IS Ganondorf.
Ganondorf is the reincarnation of
Demise
. They are not exactly the same person. What you said was sort if correct, but not really.

Anyway, while he is sorta important, he is still just a one-shot villain(and not even the real villain, at that). Time will tell if he retains his current popularity or is replaced by another quirky one-shot villain.

D

Deleted member

Are you sure? :troll:

Also, just to add, it will doesn't make sense to Zelda and Sheik to get separate character icons. This will ruin their gameplay style, and it will just increase the game's slot cutting a chance for other chacacter
Doesn't matter. There was five in Melee counting transformation and five in Brawl counting transformation. If they separated Zelda and Sheik, it wouldn't take away space from other characters, there would still be five characters.

That being said, I'd rather they just keep them together. I like the uniqueness of an unique transformation system and it makes so much sense for Zelda and Sheik to be together.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I understand Sheik is Zelda and that its and ability of hers but Zelda has only been known to do the transformation in OOT. That would be like giving Link the Ball and Chain weapon from Twilight Princess.

The E3 Zelda Demo looked more like just a graphic demo for the Wii-U rather than a new game. They did that before with the Gamecube and that's where Ganondorf got his sword for Melee. I'm not sure about any other titles unless you're counting the Majora's Mask remake which is consider a false rumor. If anything that only concerns Young Link since Zelda isn't even in that game.

On other news I found this video which I thought it was worth sharing.
Did You Know Gaming: The Legends of Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom