• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Zelda moments that legitimately scared you

DatBass

Smash Cadet
The music that was played in the Bottom of the Well in OoT was the scariest part for me, besides the floormasters. Euh. Sometimes you weren't paying attention to the growing shadow below you until it was too late.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Haha noticing a lot of people mentioning the well. I don't know, I just never really thought it was all that much scary such as compared to Shadow Temple. Shadow Temple to me is just like a much extended version of the well, except a little bit worse. Mainly that thing with the hands, and the atmosphere made me uncomfortable in that temple, even though it is my favorite temple. Mainly for Bongo Bongo.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Bottom of the well and Shadow temple were pretty scary.

Also that bit with zombies when you are getting the Sun song.

Taking on 2 iron knuckles in Ganon's castle D:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Haha noticing a lot of people mentioning the well. I don't know, I just never really thought it was all that much scary such as compared to Shadow Temple. Shadow Temple to me is just like a much extended version of the well, except a little bit worse. Mainly that thing with the hands, and the atmosphere made me uncomfortable in that temple, even though it is my favorite temple. Mainly for Bongo Bongo.
I dunno what it is. I think it might be because the Bottom of the Well just had more surprises.

For one thing, you had to completely navigate by memory. At least with the Shadow Temple, you had the Lens of Truth obtained from the Well to figure out all the little tricks. You had the advantage of not actually being surprised throughout the whole dungeon.

Plus, what I hated the most about the Well (the mini-boss Dead Hand) you deal with near the beginning of the Temple (pretty much first, actually). Everything else sorta fell into "seen it before, I know what to do now" territory.

MeowMix!

Smash Rookie
The Water Temple scared me.
Hearing the ReDead scream for the first time had me jump :p

Kaffei

Smash Hero
When I was younger I really hated fighting redeads
Now I don't care I just kill them

VelociLink

Smash Rookie
There was that one ReDead right by where you exit Ganon's Tower; it comes up to grab you as your escaping, unaware of it's presence until it's too late...

EDIT: Typo

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
i'm pretty sure its english counterpart would be censored lol so i guess that tells you much.

Gatlin

I never really understood why they placed a Re-dead there. I always run through, and every time I pass by, it's like "Why are you here? Out of all places". Kind of like they just placed him there to be mean. :urg:

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I never really understood why they placed a Re-dead there. I always run through, and every time I pass by, it's like "Why are you here? Out of all places". Kind of like they just placed him there to be mean. :urg:
Haha, exactly the same way I thought about it.

IYM!

Smash Lord
is a bad word than we uses here Luigitioilet :awesome:

it have many uses, for insult people, for a desperate expresion,an expresion of angry, or a form to demostrate your fear. etc, depends of the context of the situation

each word arent a bad word, not like, for exmple, WTF, the F reprecentate... well you know.

CTM, each word dont say anything bad, but in convination... that mean a certian part of the body of your mother :eek:

they have variations : CSM,CMM but the most (or only i thing) than we uses is CTM.

:cool::cool: that was the culture time with your friend IYM! :cool::cool:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
You, my friend, seem unaware of the guilty pleasures a game designer does within his games.

Gatlin

Haha that is true, I would probably have put one there too.

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
oh yeah, I remember something, well, it didn't scare me, but I was soooo freaked out after that, after ganondorf attacks hyrule castle in ocarina, when you go to the back alley and there is this soldier lying on the floor, and then he DIES I was like "omg what the crap just happened" I swear it, I didn't see that coming

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
i discovered that soldier thanks to the beta quest in pj 64

was a big mistaken for par of nintendo, for dont do a special "skin" for the market, after the attack
I found it on my own cartridge, it had the original Fire Temple theme, original Mirror Shield insignia and Ganondorf with red blood too, priceless

and 3mmanu here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwa9IaeXqu4

Gatlin

I don't think I have ever seen that, lols. I gotta go check it out sometime. That occurs after you meet Zelda for the first time?

Gatlin

Oh ya, my bad. For some reason I was thinking you just automatically went to the temple after getting the ocarina, forgot you could walk around still afterwards. Guess it makes sense I would miss him though seeing as I am usually always in a rush to get adult Link.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
Dancing Redeads in Majora's Mask was great. Had I played Majora's Mask when I was younger, I would have been scared of that rather than the normal standing Redeads in OoT.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Oh ya, my bad. For some reason I was thinking you just automatically went to the temple after getting the ocarina, forgot you could walk around still afterwards. Guess it makes sense I would miss him though seeing as I am usually always in a rush to get adult Link.
This ^^^

Also, I didn't know that was there, I'll try to have that in mind when I'm completing the game next time, since I'm at the Ganondorf fight atm.

@Soldner Kei Thx.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
That part of the game was let open to the imagination of the fans.

It would have been cool to watch it graphically though.

D

Deleted member

The first time I heard the Re-dead scream in both Ocarina of Time and The Windwaker made me jump out of my chair.

0_o

Smash Rookie
I always got scared at the redeads in OOT and when the moon fell if you took to long (or didn't play the song of time) in Majora's Mask always felt bad for that little dog that attacked you it got crushed by the moon....

Rykard

Smash Ace
i thought the redeads from wind waker were the worst redeads. But my number one moment has to have been after you learned the song of healing in majoras mask and the happy mask guy gets angry and starts shaking you with that creepy face.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Those Redeads in Twilight Princess are, like, the scariest things ever!

I recently played that game... OMG... >_< I thought the Redeads in OOT were creepy, but now that the graphics are better, OOT's creepiness is a joke. lol

Sorry, I do not like undead stuff... The redeads in WW are creepy in their own way, but at the same time they were very cartoony so they aren't as bad as TP's. I like TP and everything, but I'd rather have somebody else play through Arbiter's Grounds for me. lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The Redeads were actually really...not scary in Twilight Princess. I thought they'd be creepy, but then they didn't even scream like they did before. And then I jumped on one as Wolf Link. It was the single-most epic case of payback I have ever experienced in a video game. Or in any form of media EVER.

The first time Wolf Link jumped on a Redead? I was like,

"HA!! PAYBACK'S A *****!! HOW'S IT FEEL, HUH?!"

So long as I can jump on a Redead, I will never be afraid of them. Sorry, TP!Redeads. You're MY ***** in this game.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
The Redeads were actually really...not scary in Twilight Princess. I thought they'd be creepy, but then they didn't even scream like they did before. And then I jumped on one as Wolf Link. It was the single-most epic case of payback I have ever experienced in a video game. Or in any form of media EVER.

The first time Wolf Link jumped on a Redead? I was like,

"HA!! PAYBACK'S A *****!! HOW'S IT FEEL, HUH?!"

So long as I can jump on a Redead, I will never be afraid of them. Sorry, TP!Redeads. You're MY ***** in this game.
jajajaajojojjjje3jeje, i never attemped this before, when i play TP again, i will try it :bee:

yay!!! pay back!!:cool:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hahaha I never thought of it that way. I bet TP would be terrifying if you played it as a kid. OoT scared me when I was 8, so TP would be horrific.

:phone:

Top Bottom