• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Q & A / FAQs / Directory ~

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hellu Zelda Boards, you might be seeing me a lot here in the next little while asking questions about your character and how they perform on a certain stage.
Character boards seem to cycle through incomplete MU threads to new ones in hope to update them and finally complete them. This is the R.O.B. Boards attempt at completing a sufficient stage-discussion thread and I'm going to try my best to get accurate and thorough information, but I'll need your help. This will be the only question with an introductory. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that if you guys need info on anything for R.O.B. don't hesitate asking. ^_^

Anywho!

Q: How does Zelda fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can Zelda abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see Zelda's chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Only thing off the top of my head that Zelda can take advantage of on Delfino is the situational low ceilings or the high platforms for early up kills.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Some of the walls on delfino allow her Dtilt lock forever. Only if someone get's in that terrible position though.

Question: I've seen some people do a grab out of shield but in the opposite direction they are facing, it never occurred to me before today that I don't know how to do this... Anyone mind telling me how, not that it would be very useful for Zelda but I feel I should still know.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Question: I've seen some people do a grab out of shield but in the opposite direction they are facing, it never occurred to me before today that I don't know how to do this... Anyone mind telling me how, not that it would be very useful for Zelda but I feel I should still know.
Buffer turnaround > grab.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Wait I think you're talking about a standing pivot grab aren't you? If so you press back on the directional stick, then press c-stick forward and grab at the same time.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
It doesn't look like the shield drops so I think what Kataefi's talking about might be right... but I'll check, if it is dropping the shield and then grabbing it's not very useful..... >_<

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Are you talking about pivot grabbing or just...... turning around and grabbing in the opposite direction?

Because pivot grabbing is completely different.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Wait I think you're talking about a standing pivot grab aren't you? If so you press back on the directional stick, then press c-stick forward and grab at the same time.
Wouldn't that be an ummm boosted pivot grab? If you want to do a pivot grab you don't need to touch the stick.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
My eyes could be deceiving me, but what I think I am trying to do is immediately grab the opposite direction I am facing out of shield. You know how a shield grab grabs forward... I want that, but backwards. I may have made this up in my head, but I thought I saw people do it before. They may be buffering a turn around grab out of shield, but because I play Zelda their grab might look so fast I think they are doing something crazy...

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
My eyes could be deceiving me, but what I think I am trying to do is immediately grab the opposite direction I am facing out of shield. You know how a shield grab grabs forward... I want that, but backwards. I may have made this up in my head, but I thought I saw people do it before. They may be buffering a turn around grab out of shield, but because I play Zelda their grab might look so fast I think they are doing something crazy...
I think it's just a buffered turn around grab like kaylo said.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, that's all it is lol.

TUSM does it all the time with DDD, you just do a reverse grab out of your shield.

WickedDeceit

Smash Cadet
What's the best way to Dtilt after landing? I try to air dodge or Nair as I'm landing first (I assume this is best framewise), but sometimes Zelda does the sitting animation before Dtiliting... should I buffer the directional stick down before or after landing? Also sometimes I want to do this after fast-falling, do I need to let go of the d-stick before repressing down for the Dtilt?

Kinda weird-nit picky I know but advice would help! :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If Zelda's sitting before she dtilts, you're crouching before you input the dtilt.

The way I dtilt is hitting down on control stick and c-stick at the same time...... much easier than learning how to tilt imo. =X

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Thank you so much, Darkmusicion and GodAtHand =]

If anyone else has something to throw in, please feel free xD

I would appreciate it a beepton!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I need a little help. I know the other day I saw a guide here that was in progress that gave a perspective on how to play Zelda against a certain character (offensively or defensively). Can you give me the link to that please?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You're gonna have to be a little more specific than that.

You talking about a matchup thread? If so, which character was it for?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
You're gonna have to be a little more specific than that.

You talking about a matchup thread? If so, which character was it for?
I'm pretty sure it was a general match-up thread. It had a chart on the OP. All I can remember was that there were only two entries: Wario and Olimar.

A quick question, this has undoubtably been asked before but..

Aside from the lag on fair, are bair and fair basically the same moves?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Bthrow can kill, but only near the edge/at really high percentages. (Fthrow might too, but it's weaker, so I'm not sure.)

Utilt kills.
Ftilt kills but not til really high damage.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
In that case Dthrow "spike" might warrant a side mention too, since it can lead to practically sure death situations. Or not, depends what you're going to use this information for.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
If people don't know how to DI Ftilt since it throws them behind Zelda most of the time you can get kills around 130-ish with that move.

Back Throw will kill someone who knows how to DI around like 150 on most stages, as long as your not trying to kill from the other side of the stage.

Uptilt is a great kill move, it's just a matter of hitting with it. lol. At least we have the Dtilt setup.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
is it similar to Wolf's Dthrow Spike?
Not actually, since Wolf's is simply based on the funny angle his throw sends the opponent (unless his Dthrow also has some special spike properties I don't know about). Zelda's , in turn, occurs when she catches and throws certain opponents at the very edge of some stages. This causes them to instantly ricochet from bottom of the stage and makes them fly straight down.

It's highly situational at best, but if you're interested, here's the thread with more info about it:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242033

Top Bottom