• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda+Sheik Matchup Listing

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I think secondaries do still get points though - just not as much! But every little helps =D

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Loving the new layout, but did I miss when it was decided that Sheik vs. Olimar was nuetral?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
lovin the new layout ankoku. I thought the previous one was easier to read at a glance, but I LOVE that you now have sheik's matchups up.!

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I feel bad for you guys, to have such a bad matchup against Sheik is just pathetic. Sakurai should have balanced Brawl more, Sheik is literally ****ed against Sheik!

But seriously, cool chart.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Loving the new layout, but did I miss when it was decided that Sheik vs. Olimar was nuetral?
In what respect, that you think she has the advantage or Olimar has the advantage? I don't claim to be knowledgable about the matchup but im fairly sure Shiek can get inside Olimar better then most, pivot grabs are of course a problem, but they are for everybody. Smart Shiek's should be making it when Olimar goes off the edge, he stays there.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
In what respect, that you think she has the advantage or Olimar has the advantage? I don't claim to be knowledgable about the matchup but im fairly sure Shiek can get inside Olimar better then most, pivot grabs are of course a problem, but they are for everybody. Smart Shiek's should be making it when Olimar goes off the edge, he stays there.
I was always of the opinion that Sheik had a disadvantage to Olimar. She does have an approach that stops Pikmin spam(nair) into jabs that prevents Olimar shield grabbing because he doesnt have normal grab armor. She also easily disposes of him offstage.

However, if an Olimar player understands this......he still has lots of things he can do. He can still force you to approach and if he knows your going to nair through his Pikmin and try to jab......... he has tons of priority and disjointed hitboxes at his disposal. He is still really tough to get inside. Sheik does better than most characters of course, but it's still difficult.

Of course this might just be me, so thats why I asked the question. I seen DanGr say Sheik has an advantage because of her approach, so it probably is even........I just think that if an Olimar player understands what he's dealing with he can do a lot to Sheik. At least she forces him to play differently.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
How does Olimar force you to approach? If he just spams tossed Pikmin then you can Chain them to death.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
How does Olimar force you to approach? If he just spams tossed Pikmin then you can Chain them to death.
Good to know, what can he do to stop you from chain camping? Dair perhaps or fsmash/dsmash?

Edit: Jigglypuff should be at least a +2 for Zelda, especially if we're going to put the Kirby matchup at +2.....

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Good to know, what can he do to stop you from chain camping? Dair perhaps or fsmash/dsmash?

Edit: Jigglypuff should be at least a +2 for Zelda, especially if we're going to put the Kirby matchup at +2.....
Sheik chain beats the fsmash, dsmash, and dair...although he has to be at like mid % for you to do a good job of stopping above sheik aerial approaches but all that doesn't matter because Olimar can just grab you out of the chain camp.

...It's kind of crazy really how you can stop all of his attacks but if he sends one blue pikman in your screwed. I guess technically speaking the chain should be able stop the grab as well but I've yet to see it happen, then again I don't have a lot of VS Olmair experiences so maybe he just constantly lucky.

demodemo

Smash Ace
wait what do you mean blue pikmin

olimar always grabs with the blue pikmin? blue pikmin has the most range? sorry i'm an olimar noob D:

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ftilt wall XD.
I don't main her or anything, but Ftilt acts like a mini reflector when facing Olimars.

Stevenn

Smash Cadet
dang I knew ICs were sheik's counter pick ESPECIALLY a chain grabbing one, but I'm not completely hopeless

1. Ice climbers hate needles, their doing a lot of approaching and a cg'ing ice climber is pretty easy to needle a couple of times

2. TILT LOCK it works on both of them simultaneously I kid you not to a nice 0-50% & end it off w/ a UpSmash or UpTilt, I would've thought one of them would hit out of it, but I've played a good IC & worked

3. this one's very small but I had certain situations w/ Sheik's back grab on one of the ice climber, good separating move get one off the stage and Fair em' as much as possible and try not to worry so much of the other Ice climber be careful though at the same time

I really love Sheik I had my fair share of beating some TopTier a** w/ her, MK, Snake
she has moves designed well to handle them, for others heh.. then theres my Wario :chuckle:

Stevenn

Smash Cadet
oh and btw, olimar's not so dandy on Sheik, if I wanted I could just camp near the edge of the stage w/ the chain out swinging it in a circle killing them pikmins XD
I think a slight advantage for Sheik

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
dang I knew ICs were sheik's counter pick ESPECIALLY a chain grabbing one, but I'm not completely hopeless

1. Ice climbers hate needles, their doing a lot of approaching and a cg'ing ice climber is pretty easy to needle a couple of times

2. TILT LOCK it works on both of them simultaneously I kid you not to a nice 0-50% & end it off w/ a UpSmash or UpTilt, I would've thought one of them would hit out of it, but I've played a good IC & worked

3. this one's very small but I had certain situations w/ Sheik's back grab on one of the ice climber, good separating move get one off the stage and Fair em' as much as possible and try not to worry so much of the other Ice climber be careful though at the same time

I really love Sheik I had my fair share of beating some TopTier a** w/ her, MK, Snake
she has moves designed well to handle them, for others heh.. then theres my Wario :chuckle:
just press down B.... it helps a lot more.

Edit: oh, and, Zelda goes at least +3 on jigglypuff

popsofctown

Smash Champion
This is just disappointing...

Olimar can easily punish the Chain. He walks up to the max range of it and spams fsmashes. Each hit on a pikmin is still the same refresh, so you don't get to refresh squat. Eventually one of his fsmashes hit if he's at the tip of the Chain's range.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If he's walking over to fsmash you then he's already forgoing the "force you to approach" method, so I don't see what the big deal is here. Also, never refer directly to me or quote me again. I'd prefer not having to reply to any of you in here.

Villi

Smash Lord
Cuz of Sheik's left pinky.

My guess is needles forcing Ganon to approach, ftilt lock, Ganon being easy to gimp, easy to edge hog, Sheik being able to duck under half the stuff he can do... probably other stuff.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
LMK when Ganon finds a practical method to get past Sheik's chain.

Villi

Smash Lord
Aerial down b has a good chance of getting passed it and is a worthy risk. Short hop fake-out to over b to take advantage of retraction lag.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If he's walking over to fsmash you then he's already forgoing the "force you to approach" method, so I don't see what the big deal is here. Also, never refer directly to me or quote me again. I'd prefer not having to reply to any of you in here.
Calm down there buddy, don't get your panties all in a bunch.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Aerial down b has a good chance of getting passed it and is a worthy risk. Short hop fake-out to over b to take advantage of retraction lag.
Matchup numbers are under the assumption both character's are being played at the highest potential. Perfect chain usage is possible at the highest level's of play.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Matchup numbers are under the assumption both character's are being played at the highest potential. Perfect chain usage is possible at the highest level's of play.
The only problem with that is that no one has master the chain yet. If we were to run the match ups purely on that then Sheik would like go even with meta knight and Game and watch if not better and would hard counter Wario plus many other characters....Although after a while people might start calling stall since there would be nothing they could do and thus we would be limited to like 200% or so or X number of minutes for each chain camp >.<.

Anyways...Luckily for us Ganon is so fat and slow that even a beginner can use the chain effectually against him, basic spinning the chain around sheik in a rapid manner more or less stops everything he can do alone without the need of much timing at all when compared to other match ups.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
also... lucky his aerial down+B doesn't get through platforms :D

and even if it did, it's not like sheik doesn't trounce gannon without the chain.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
oh and btw, olimar's not so dandy on Sheik, if I wanted I could just camp near the edge of the stage w/ the chain out swinging it in a circle killing them pikmins XD
I think a slight advantage for Sheik
It's not. I think he can SA the chain and dair or Usmash. But we definately have a negative matchup unless you wanna just have he chain out the entire match.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
It's not. I think he can SA the chain and dair or Usmash. But we definately have a negative matchup unless you wanna just have he chain out the entire match.
theoretically, with a damage/stock advantage, you could. though I think purpil pikmin toss goes right through it.

anyway, sheik vs. olimar is a pretty even matchup I've found. it really doesn't take a lot for either side to kill the other.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Can someone tell me the importance of using Zelda instead of Sheik sometimes?

I just really wanna know
Kirby, the Ice Climbers, DDD(some Sheik players will argue this), ROB(again it's arguable), Pikachu, Bowser, DK, against chaingrabbers early in the stock, a few other characters. I'm looking into whether or not she has a better matchup with MK than Sheik at the moment as well.

Sometimes even just switching from Sheik to Zelda in the middle of a game or even just at the beginning of the next game can throw your opponent off. Some players have trouble adapting to the drastic change in playstyles when you go from Sheik to Zelda.

Honestly though you can go straight Sheik if you don't enjoy Zelda.....she's really not all that necessary. I personally just think she's fun to play and you're really not utilizing all you could with th echaracter if you choose not to use her at times.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Sometimes even just switching from Sheik to Zelda in the middle of a game or even just at the beginning of the next game can throw your opponent off. Some players have trouble adapting to the drastic change in playstyles when you go from Sheik to Zelda.

Honestly though you can go straight Sheik if you don't enjoy Zelda.....she's really not all that necessary. I personally just think she's fun to play and you're really not utilizing all you could with th echaracter if you choose not to use her at times.

100% Truth.

and about the D3 matchup, my friend plays D3 occasionally and he hates the Zelda matchup... he gets lightning kicked so much... I ask him why and he says he can't really do anything about it. Also he hates Usmash.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if it would be cool to start discussing in detail some of the match ups like other boards have, e.g. marth, metaknight. in here.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
We definitely should though it would help if the TC were here to update the first post.... I say we get started on discussing some important matchups and when Ankoku's around he can update the first post with our decisions. I suggest we start with Metaknight, because its an extremely important matchup and there's discussion going on about it now in another thread anyway.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario vs Shiek matchup needs to be gone over again, you guys are not a soft counter haha.

Top Bottom