• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I propose a name change since HW has been the pinnacle of discussion lately.
Zelda Social: Don't Worry, Zelda is High Tier in Hyrule Warriors!

argorok is really slow tho

i mean, in a dynasty warriors game, meh is ultimately bad

also i just mean ruto's basic attack string destroys bosses

I THOUGHT MOVEMENT SPEED WAS DIFFERENT ACROSS THE CAST

do you have a list? would be interested to see it

I'm pretty sure Zelda's is really high and Great Fairy is Agitha tier.

I'm glad we agree on most things, it means I have a fairly good handle on the meta

i might nap and then play some HW

I don't have any advice for you about women because I'm awkward around em

Maybe @ZombieBran could help out
Movement speed is different across the cast, that's why it is important. Also as for a list for characters with highest movement speed, sure, I can probably do that tomorrow.
There's no easy way out of that if it's more than just flirting and liking. If it's only that and you've already noticed just tell her you're not interested but that you're happy to be friends with her. She might pull away for a little bit but then will/might come back.

If, however, it's more than just "liking you," yeah, that's gonna be pretty rough.

PM me if you wanna talk more about it~
*Gulp *what's the worst that can happen.....

... Oh boy.....

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ladies, I need some advice. How do I stop a girl from flirting and liking me without hurting her feelings and keeping our mutual friendship?
Ugh, I've had a lot of bad experiences in this position. There isn't really a good answer. Be honest.

Summoning Gate's terrible. Same with Darunia but less so. IDK how anyone can think these characters are decent.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Lozjam Lozjam Hahahaha. The best thing you can do is just make things clear before they evolve into anything else, but it really all depends on a lot of factors. Every situation is circumstantially different, but one thing you'll have to understand is that rejecting someone will always hurt them a bit. Might be little, might be big, but the hurt will be there. That is out of your control and nothing you should blame yourself for, but what isn't out of your control is how big their feelings grow to be before you halt things.

If they like you, it's probably because of something you do, so one of the better solutions is to keep some relative distance for some time.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
@ Lozjam Lozjam Hahahaha. The best thing you can do is just make things clear before they evolve into anything else, but it really all depends on a lot of factors. Every situation is circumstantially different, but one thing you'll have to understand is that rejecting someone will always hurt them a bit. Might be little, might be big, but the hurt will be there. That is out of your control and nothing you should blame yourself for, but what isn't out of your control is how big their feelings grow to be before you halt things.

If they like you, it's probably because of something you do, so one of the better solutions is to keep some relative distance for some time.
Except she knows I'm already in a relationship. Does that mean she wants my girlfriend and I to break up? And then take her place... I made it clear to her several times of that fact.... I'm not even that great looking, unlike Link, WHY DO I HAVE THESE PROBLEMS! Gah!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Alright guys, I decided to add to the OP a musical piece which will change every week, I hope you will enjoy these as much as I do!

This weeks piece is from Hyrule Warriors (seeing as there's been quite a bit of discussion on it), being Cia's Theme, Eclipse of the Moon.

Check it out on the first page!

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Except she knows I'm already in a relationship. Does that mean she wants my girlfriend and I to break up? And then take her place... I made it clear to her several times of that fact.... I'm not even that great looking, unlike Link, WHY DO I HAVE THESE PROBLEMS! Gah!
If you've told her many times that you're not interested in her then she is the one that needs to back off, but if she doesn't, you do it. I know you wanna keep her friendship, but it's probably healthier for everyone (you, your girlfriend and your friend) if you put some distance between you two and back off from the flames. Hopefully, once things calm down you can go back to hanging out.

Alright guys, I decided to add to the OP a musical piece which will change every week, I hope you will enjoy these as much as I do!

This weeks piece is from Hyrule Warriors (seeing as there's been quite a bit of discussion on it), being Cia's Theme, Eclipse of the Moon.

Check it out on the first page!
Omg can I help?

CAN I? :denzel:

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
@ Lozjam Lozjam

HYRULE WARRIORS TIER LIST

SSS Tier:
Agatha

SS+ Tier:
True Form Midna

Easily the most absurd set of normals I've ever seen, she has GREAT FAIRY AOE without the gigantic hurtbox. Fast and very disjointed attacks and a pretty powerful musou, her only weakness really is that she can't one shot some officer weak points. Also her strong attack is absurd, it's basically a musou itself.

Special mentions to C6 destroying giant bosses/the entire map.

SS Tier:

Volga, Zelda (Rapier)

Volga:

Easily one of the strongest heroes at the moment, his moveset does EVERYTHING, is incredibly fast and hits extremely hard.

C2 infinites, guard breaks(!!!) and breaks WPs, C3 destroys giant bosses, C4 is fast waveclear, C5 is Ganondorf's C6 but with invulnerability and fire element (lol) and his Giant Boss killer thing is incredible.

His weakpoint smash doesn't have huge hitboxes though, and his musou downright sucks.

Zelda:

Easily one of safest weapons in the game, very fast, good dps (especially vs single target), excellent dueling musou which can still clear waves, destroys officer (C2 one shots them) and giant boss weakpoints (C4, C5).

Incredible WPS on Officers and Giant Bosses, a very good dodge, and acceptable waveclear with C5.

Unfortunately her Light Orbs suck aside from C4 and C5 but they're very situational because they're hard to use.

S Tier:

Sheik, Link

Sheik:

Serenade of Water. LOL

Link:

I'm putting all his weapons here even though it's clear that the Master Sword is his best one. I haven't played Epona or Spinner yet.

Master Sword (S tier): Pretty amazing weapon, you can get a lot of mileage simply by spamming C1. Also if you're on full HP then sword beams are a cool projectile. Not really much to say, it's just above average in everything. You really need to unseal it though.

It's very effective, but also mindnumbingly boring to play as.

Magic Rod (A Tier): See sword but worse. Link has this problem where the Master Sword outclasses every weapon he has.

Gauntlet (B tier): Good weapon, nice damage and AoE but you're left VERY vulnerable while using it to the point where it's simply not really that viable. It's much more fun to play as than Magic Rod and Sword though, lol.

Giant Fairy (D tier): Incredible damage and waveclear, incredible musou, but... GIGANTIC hurtbox, and comparatively very low DPS.

She also struggles to kill weakpoints (and half the time I can't even see what the bosses are doing).

A Tier:

Cia, Lana (Book), Ganondork, Midna, Ghirahim

B Tier:

Impa, Darunia, Wizzro

C Tier:

Zelda (Baton), Fi, Zant, Lana (Gate)

D Tier:

Lana (Stick), Ruto
fixed it sis

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Here's what you don't do when you need to tell a girl that you don't like her

You are the guy & the stuff is her, don't be too blunt about it & ruin a perfectly good heart

Here is what you should do instead

And

The result of this would equal

*results may vary

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Lol, good old Team Ninja.
They really weren't that bad. They didn't ruin Zelda, Impa, Midna, Ruto, Agitha, or Sheik. They kept the almost nudity to the original characters, the Great Fairy(which, actually might be more modest than OoT's pointy things), and Link(Postman alt ftw). All of which, I am perfectly OK with. They didn't ruin any of the characters like they did with Samus, so good for them!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hyrule Warriors was fine as a Dynasty Warriors spinoff but I'm glad team Ninja isn't making the next LoZ.
(Zelda was pretty suggestive, just saying)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Team Ninja didn't do the ruining for that one. They just happened to be there/not communicate whatsoever.

-

I'd argue Ruto was kind borderline but it wasn't even their fault either, OoT3D was the game that gave her the weird flesh-bra.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
HW had the supervision of Aonuma so all everything had to be ok-ed by him. And we got the greatest design for Ganondorf yet. Or as I like to say Demisedorf. Which was unfairly not used in Smash because Sakurai is a big old Japanese weenie.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
If you've told her many times that you're not interested in her then she is the one that needs to back off, but if she doesn't, you do it. I know you wanna keep her friendship, but it's probably healthier for everyone (you, your girlfriend and your friend) if you put some distance between you two and back off from the flames. Hopefully, once things calm down you can go back to hanging out.

Omg can I help?

CAN I? :denzel:
Alright.
Hyrule Warriors was fine as a Dynasty Warriors spinoff but I'm glad team Ninja isn't making the next LoZ.
(Zelda was pretty suggestive, just saying)
Eh, not really. She's pretty much on par with SS Zelda, which is how I like my Zelda's. They also didn't make her a wavering bimbo like they did with Samus. Zelda, and pretty much all of the female characters(except Agitha. She can go die in a hole) were strong leads, and weren't really damsels in distress most of the time.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Hyrule Warriors Tier List
SS Tier: Midna, Link&Sword, Sheik
S Tier: Wizro, Zelda&Rapier, Lana&Book
A Tier: Volga, Impa&Ningata, Lana&SummonerGate, Zelda&DominionRod
B Tier: Fi, Ganondorf, Link&MagicRod, Zelda&Baton, Ghirahim, Twili Midna
C Tier: Darunia, Ruto, Impa&GiantBlade, Link&Gauntlet, Agitha
D Tier: Zant, Cia, Link&Fairy, Lana&Spear

@ Lozjam Lozjam @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer heres my actual list lol

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I can confirm the character designs are fantastic in HW.

Zelda and Ganondork for most improved imo
Zelda was awesome compared to TP. She has personality, she is strong, and she doesn't give up the moment she is captured. *cough cough TP Zelda also isn't that great looking*.
I really like both SS Zelda's character and design, and HW Zelda matches that.

They fixed Link from SS, and he looks better than TP Link. He has a lot of color now. Also, HW Link is fricken hot, I would go gay for HW Link, and that scarf is top tier. Though I really love Zelda Wii U's Link design.

Ganondorf is amazing. I just wish they gave him a Trident as an alternate weapon. That would be perfect.

Impa they did an amazing job with. I am really happy with her too.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I still think Volga the best. He pretty much has an answer to every situation. There is nothing he is really bad at and pretty much has the best Focus Spirit. In both movement speed and attack speed and the best passive finisher attack as well. Can break all Boss gauges reliably with Klaw. Can knock down the Imprisoned and wreck anything with Dragonbomb spam and can break any officer with a simple C2. Or C2 infinite chain forever. Alongside godly air combo potential. I'm not saying Midna, Link and Sheik are bad but compared to Volga they don't have an reliable answer to everything like Volga does. He can destroy mooks, wreck officers, and annihilate bosses and pretty much clean house and break guard basically all day every day with C1 and C2.

Which is why Volga in my opinion belongs in Volga tier. The dude is just crazy good. Especially if you know what you are doing.

I do wish Ganondorf was more powerful though. Besides C6 and C2 > Dodge Cancel > Standard Attack string he isn't that great compared to a lot. Even though Ganondorf is one of my most played characters.

My most played are Volga, Ganon, Cia, and currently Twili Midna. Though Twili Midna does have some issues with killing Bosses.

--------------------

Zelda's Baton set is kinda crap IMO. You have to basically work about as hard as a Zelda does in Smash to do well in the Adventure Map missions that force you to use it. Rapier and DR are more fun and more better to use.

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
i also go in dtier because i haven't given Zelda a bad name lol.
You seem fairly optimistic in general, so I'll have to look at past posts and see if you go into C tier or not. At the very least you'll be D tier.
I don't think I have either... have I? Though I'll acknowledge her weaknesses. Lol I think I was a more optimistic Zelda back in the Brawl days compared to now
Sorry, you and I are kind of a Zelda/Sheik deal, so we have to be in the same tier. We coffee fans have to stick together.

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
You seem fairly optimistic in general, so I'll have to look at past posts and see if you go into C tier or not.

Sorry, you and I are kind of a Zelda/Sheik deal, so we have to be in the same tier. We coffee fans have to stick together.
JigglyZelda is strong enough to make a zelda MU thread. I say B tier. OMG jigglyZelda ur high tier. Zelda will stay mid. I need a nickname for zelda. What are synonyms of good that start with A?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I like Hyrule Warriors but I do have criticisms of it so if you don't like that kind of thing don't read this. I can go all CinimaSins on anything, lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qieKUcgm-2E&index=46&list=PLMWfZxj1nTkQBy4AeRGG4xH5d2IIApNPj

Alright.

Eh, not really. She's pretty much on par with SS Zelda,

I see some Team Ninja influence here.

Sheik was okay but Zelda being in disguise as her served no purpose whatsoever and actually was counter productive (wizro impersonates here). Sheik was shoehorned in to have another playable warrior.

Several characters seemed like generic anime architypes were put in place of their personalities.
Impa seemed like a generic anime 'older warrior woman' architype. Like the woman who shoots the wolf in that anime movie where the warrior has wormy things corrupt his arm. The emperor offers a mountain of gold for the head of the god. What's the name of this? :confused: Anyway, it worked for her. IDK.
Lana was the quintessential 'cute anime' girl.
Zelda didn't have much personality so they made have a priestess personality and say light metaphors to fill the void.
Agatha got the innocent child girl architype (think the younger princess daughter in the tenchi muyo series), which really sucked. In Twilight Princess she had just the right amount of unsettling writing to make you uneasy around her but not feel threatened; she had presence.
Ganon was the evil old warrior guy.
Volga was the honer bound, "I'm the strongest" warrior and nothing else.

Wizro was good.

Cia didn't bring out an emotions in me. She was meh.

Zant, IDK they just didn't capture his character. He had no methodology for his actions and emotions. He felt superficial.

Proxi was just a flying exposition machine. Same goes for Fi but with made up statistics that seemed illogical and out of place (unlike in SS where they were believable).

Ruto acted how she did as a child in OoT. The problem is she's an adult now. She just comes off as an unlikable spoiled 4 year old.

Link was an undisciplined pansy.

The Triforce was extremely weak and interchangeable. It seemed to have no power at all.

The plot was a mess of Deus Ex Machina and time travel for the purpose of bringing on the Zelda cameos. Not that Dynasty Warriors need a good plot but I wouldn't want Tean Ninja working on the next Zelda. They'd OtherM it too.

With all that said, I would give HW a 7/10 rating. It was fun and accomplished what it was meant to.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
JigglyZelda is strong enough to make a zelda MU thread. I say B tier. OMG jigglyZelda ur high tier. Zelda will stay mid. I need a nickname for zelda. What are synonyms of good that start with A?
...Amazing....

Latte

Smash Ace
That's exactly what I was thinking, though I don't think that quite makes her B tier yet. I'll evaluate Jiggly's recent Zelda-related posts to make sure, though.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
So I got bored today and made a video on how you can practice teleport canceling. I mainly made it for my Zelda guide but I figured I would post it here first and see if people thought it was useful or not before adding it there. So let me know what you think!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Rizen that review was horrible : (

Anyways while leveling the last person to 100 so I could feel comfortable tackling the TP map again (except agitha, she'll suffer and continue getting rupees shoved down her throat) Twili Midna's laugh during some attacks reminded me of something... couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it was on the tip of my tongue.

Then I remembered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfatcm5mo68#t=1m09s

Also the "cute anime girl" character you're trying to say is Miku, Rizen.
Miku.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
@ Rizen Rizen
I do agree with Zant. They got Zant wrong in his writing. Ghirahim, however, was perfect.

Sheik, I do agree with. I really wish they made her OoT Sheik.

Zelda, was fine. They did give her some personality but they did it way better than TP Zelda.

Ganondorf acted pretty in character. He acted a lot like OoT Ganondorf, being cocky and strong.

Agitha, you are right. There really weren't those creepy bug texts that I loved.

Other than that... The triforce has always been that way... Link took the full Triforce from Ganondorf in ALttP, Ganondorf took triforce pieces for his own in WW, TP, OoT, like in HW. The triforce pretty much stayed the same from Zelda games.

Overall, HW played it safe. That's why I am excited for a sequel, where they take risks making their own story. And expanding on everything HW did. I give it an 8/10. It was good, but stop has some flaws and it played things a little too safely.

Top Bottom