• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I got bored today and made a video on how you can practice teleport canceling. I mainly made it for my Zelda guide but I figured I would post it here first and see if people thought it was useful or not before adding it there. So let me know what you think!

Oh good, it's nice to see that the run off of platform FWs work just fine on the WIIU version. Lovely video~

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
TP to me is Zelda's best design. i like SS and HW Zelda as well as the redone OoT HW outfit for Zelda but to me the brunette look really suits her.

You seem fairly optimistic in general, so I'll have to look at past posts and see if you go into C tier or not. At the very least you'll be D tier.

Sorry, you and I are kind of a Zelda/Sheik deal, so we have to be in the same tier. We coffee fans have to stick together.
JigglyZelda is strong enough to make a zelda MU thread. I say B tier. OMG jigglyZelda ur high tier. Zelda will stay mid. I need a nickname for zelda. What are synonyms of good that start with A?
more or less i belong in D tier lol. i'm not the most optimistic Zelda because i did make that long old post about giving me my bottom tier throne lol, but i wanted to do the matchup thread because i missed out on it last game and i wanted to help out the Zelda's.

So I got bored today and made a video on how you can practice teleport canceling. I mainly made it for my Zelda guide but I figured I would post it here first and see if people thought it was useful or not before adding it there. So let me know what you think!

this reminds me of the time i accidentally ledge warped and i think i landed a spike, because i'm bad at doing that technique lol. but since i've started to use Faroes some more this is a good way to practice.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Several characters seemed like generic anime architypes were put in place of their personalities.
Impa seemed like a generic anime 'older warrior woman' architype. Like the woman who shoots the wolf in that anime movie where the warrior has wormy things corrupt his arm. The emperor offers a mountain of gold for the head of the god. What's the name of this? :confused: Anyway, it worked for her. IDK.
The movie you're thinking of is Princess Mononoke. The character you're describing being the titular princess.

Zelda didn't have much personality so they made have a priestess personality and say light metaphors to fill the void.
I thought it was incredibly weird that every character kept insisting she was a "brilliant" tactician/leader, and that Link/Impa/the army sorely missed her leadership. Like, having the brains to use/pray to the Great Fairy apparently = being a genius. Other than that every line from here just kinda perpetuates "what is personality." insert villain/enemy insult/banter/one-liner/defeat is nigh comment => "I will not succumb to your tactics/attacks!" as default response.

Then again fanservice was the driving force here, so not much expectations were had anyway.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Princess Mononoke huh.... That's the movie that Zelda Wii U is most likely taking inspiration from..... Hmmmm..... Interesting.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Dunno how I missed that

I shall go commit sudoku now
http://www.websudoku.com/

@ Ismar and Game Angle thanks. I couldn't remember the name. I'm bad with Japanese names.

Other than that... The triforce has always been that way... Link took the full Triforce from Ganondorf in ALttP, Ganondorf took triforce pieces for his own in WW, TP, OoT, like in HW. The triforce pretty much stayed the same from Zelda games.
Spoilers btw
But it was harder to take. In ALttP Link had to kill Ganon to take it. I never really played WW but it looks like it was easy to transfer in that so I guess it works in HW. In TP Ganondorf never got more than his one piece; Zelda's 'heart was with Midna'. OoT Ganon captured Zelda and lured Link to his castle but he never was able to take the Triforce pieces.
I'm just saying in HW 1st Cia effortlessly takes the full trifore. Then Ganondorf reveals himself and Cia sends the Triforce back to the owners even though she can banish Ganondorf without them, which makes no sense. And Lana beats Cia and gets the power piece. Then Ganon hunts down Lana, Zelda and Link and takes them back when he has no Triforce. Then somehow Link, Zelda and Lana show up at the finale and take them back again. It seems to be an easy feat for someone with no triforce to steal it from someone who has it. Is this the divine power of the goddesses who created the world or a hot potato?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I was tagged for advice on turning a girl down but everyone had it covered and I'm too lazy to go on a spiel right now

Zelda was awesome compared to TP. She has personality, she is strong, and she doesn't give up the moment she is captured. *cough cough TP Zelda also isn't that great looking*.
BUT I AM TEMPTED TO NOW AS A FAN OF TP ZELDA

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

This is amazing. I have to try this sometime.

And TP Zelda is the best Zelda.

EDIT: So this is a dumb question coming from a Zelda main but how in the world do you DI our downthrow?

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
This is amazing. I have to try this sometime.

And TP Zelda is the best Zelda.

EDIT: So this is a dumb question coming from a Zelda main but how in the world do you DI our downthrow?
Away from Zelda completely horizontally, but still you have to mix up your DI.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Away from Zelda completely horizontally, but still you have to mix up your DI.
Wow, I've been doing it completely wrong. I always end up going straight up and eating an uair.

I don't like it when my tricks and setups are used against me...

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm jealous and I don't even like coffee. It's friggin cold over here.

I need to play Twilight Princess again some time. Maybe I'll stop hating on all of the bosses that aren't Stallord.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'm jealous and I don't even like coffee. It's friggin cold over here.

I need to play Twilight Princess again some time. Maybe I'll stop hating on all of the bosses that aren't Stallord.
least you weren't me finally getting around to playing skyward sword I didn't understand how controls would work before playing it, but now I understand they just don't work

EDIT: on a side note is anyone watching AGDQ this year?

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
On the topic of Zelda's designs, TP is my favorite. She looks stoic and elegant and I actually prefer her as a brunette. Liked OOT and HW designs as well, not a big fan of SS Zelda though

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I prefer the white dress. The black one (Hilda would have been better though js(or atleast ganondorf controlled zelda))

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
TP Zelda had the most regal design, which is, IMO, what she should start looking like from now on. I think TP Zelda had slightly more personality than most of her other incarnations not withstanding WW, ST and SS. Most of the Zeldas are just "the princess," whereas TP Zelda is at least stoic and elegant. SS Zelda is like a fleshed out version of "the princess," but at least you can actually tell she's a person in that game.

Personality wise, I think it's a tie between Tetra and Zelda from Spirit Tracks. The cutscene in which she loses her **** in the later game is super hilarious.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
least you weren't me finally getting around to playing skyward sword I didn't understand how controls would work before playing it, but now I understand they just don't work
The controls work fine, you're doing it wrong =P

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
You seem fairly optimistic in general, so I'll have to look at past posts and see if you go into C tier or not. At the very least you'll be D tier.

Sorry, you and I are kind of a Zelda/Sheik deal, so we have to be in the same tier. We coffee fans have to stick together.
Sipping through a warm Caramel Macchiato in a cold day as I'm reading this :'D

Welp, one more page to go to catch up with this thread...

*edit*

I have hazelnut coffee with whipped cream. Is anyone jealous yet
I'm so glad I got mah fix this morning, otherwise, yes, I would be lmao

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Why does Zelda have so many alter egos? Does she have low self-esteem? Is she a criminal?

In OoT, she is disguised as Sheik
In WW, she is Tetra
In SS, she is Hylia reincarnated

I haven't even played Spirit Tracks, but isn't she the Phantom in that game? I'm sure there's more too. And then there's Hilda if you want to count her 'Hyrule/Lorule' counterpart.

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Why does Zelda have so many alter egos? Does she have low self-esteem? Is she a criminal?

In WW, she is Tetra

I haven't even played Spirit Tracks, but isn't she the Phantom in that game? I'm sure there's more too. And then there's Hilda if you want to count her 'Hyrule/Lorule' counterpart.
Idk why and yeah she's a phantom in that game. There's a bunch lol.

Farorae

Smash Ace

In WW, she is Tetra

She's like a ghost and she possesses phantoms I think. Haven't played since it came out and it got boring so I quit. Only zelda I've ever quit lol.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Personality wise, Spirit Tracks Zelda is the best. She was so active in that game and I loved her commentary. Honestly, I wish Zelda got to do that much in more games. As much as I like A Link Between Worlds, she gets about as much screen time as Osfala.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I found that TP Zelda has the best design (tend to fall for brunettes more than blondes), but her personality was so boring, just because she was so underdeveloped in TP. Such a beautiful character to waste. Seriously, you can completely throw her out of the picture in the game and it would still make sense.

That's why in my headcanon, she's a sassy b*tch that is all talk and no show (because of her troubles in the smash games, haha). In truth she can't bite at all, which kinda makes
her a bit cute in a sense. Oh, and she secretly loves elevators too. :3

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Aw ****e has anyone else read the Sakurai interview article yet
Yeah I just finished reading. I'm kinda still trying to take everything in. I mean, I suppose we shouldn't be surprised, right? But the words, 'Smash has no future' coming from the developer himself leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

I can't pin him down. He's trying to acknowledge the competitive community, but at the same time, it's like he's giving up on trying to keep the game up to their standards. His words of 'oh, competitive Smash players should just play another fighting game if they want to play something competitive' seems to ring of defeat, and maybe even frustration with the competitive Smash community.

It also kind of sounds like he regretted bringing up Mewtwo as DLC, but I digress.

Oh well, at least it looks like we'll be getting some patches with Mewtwo (maybe). Zelda buffs!

Happy New Year everybody!! <3
Link?
Happy New Year ^_^
http://smashboards.com/threads/sakurai-smash-as-a-competitive-game-has-no-future.384952/

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I'm actually starting to get excited for Mewtwo now.

Though Sakurai saying that is kinda a bummer ;_;

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
The title is kinda sensationalist.

Oh well, this is his last game as director of Smash (presumably).
At least he said more patches might be on the way. aka Zelda buff please.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
You know, what Sakurai said was actually quite childish. He creates a game that is really good for the competitive scene, that improves vastly on Brawl, and then says "go away, you should not be playing my game, go play some Tekken or something".
Sigh... At least NoA understands us, acknowledges us, and praises us. I wish they were in charge of the games balance, because they actually understand, or at least try to understand competitive Smash.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Sakurai: The idea behind the most recent patch was timed to match up with the overseas release of the Wii U version, and to make the game a bit more balanced. I had a small team monitoring balance and they made small adjustments. Using data accumulated from all of the online battles worldwide, I had them do research into what kind of problems arose, and how those problems should be addressed. Then I had those changes put into practice, refined again, and then I made selections and brought up my own ideas, and that cycle repeats.
This actually worries me a bit. Just looking at online data doesn't really warrant an accurate view of how the characters do, and who might need a buff/nerf. The skill of the player needs to be noted too, because even with a crappy character, they can beat a random using almost anyone.

Alright guys, time to lose with Zelda as much as possible online so that he'll look at her data and buff. Lez go.

Top Bottom