• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
When talking about BnBs for Zelda, why does everyone exclude her jab? Its great at low percentages for setting up a throw. At high percentages it's a great "Get outta my face" type of move.

Also, her dsmash is one of her best moves even with the nerf in KB and range.
Let's just be honest, moves like Jab and Dtilt are considered "decent" because they're decent for Zelda's standards. When compared to the whole cast these moves are nothing to write home about.

Peach has a frame 13 Dtilt with very little lag and just as much range as Zelda's jab, is invincible on her arm from frame 9-15,although Peach's Dtilt does not hit aerial opponents. Instead it combos it does 7%, has so much hitstun it combos into anything at low percents, all aerial at mid percents, into Fair for the kill at mid-high percents and Uair and UpB for the kill in high percents. This move is not even considered one of her best, and is fairly underused.

This move is very similar to Zelda's jab in that it has a slow start-up but is safe, and sets up for a follow-ups. Even with it being 2 frames slower and only hitting grounded opponents, I would take this move over Zelda's jab any day. A frame 11 move should have some kind of a reward. Zelda's jab does nothing other than tickling her opponent for 2% and it loses all its follow-ups at what 50%? That's really crap. Meanwhile other characters can set-up Usmashes from their frame 2 jabs (Fox, Yoshi) or combo (into kill moves) from fast and safe moves (Diddy's Dtilt). Now these are good moves!

I seriously wonder why they gave Zelda this jab. If you want some kind of reward out of it, you have to run after you opponent, but that's what she is the weakest at because she is slow and has very few options out of a run. Someone like Fox or someone with fast running speed could use this jab way better than she could (although probably no one would never trade their fast frame 1-3 jab for her slow jab).

-------------

Zelda's BnB moves are imo Dtilt, Dash Attack, Fsmasn and UpB. Dtilt is meh, you get pretty much nothing out of this move and it only hits grounded opponents. it's range is not bad but it's great either. It gets outspaced by plenty of stuff. But well, it's fast and somewhat safe I guess, so somehow you will be forced to use this move. Dash Attack is a relatively good Dash Attack imo, but it's unsafe because it's a dash attack, and thus not very reliable. Fsmash is a good move imo. Yes, people randomly fall out if it, but it's semi safe, has great range and disjoint, is super strong and forces the opponent to respect you. UpB is her other good move, even with it's flaws. It needs a good punish/read to be used, otherwise it's incredibly hard to hit with it. But well, it kills at super low percents if the elevator connects. Now let's just hope our opponents won't DI out of it.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ Lorde Lorde Your music taste is really similar to my sister's. She's a big fan of Florence, Adele, La Roux, James Blake, etc.
Here's a weird anecdote/rant thing that you didn't want to hear!

Well, I've been a big fan of pop since I was young. Once I actually started developing my own taste in music (instead of just listening to whatever was on the radio), I looked to pop because it was something I was familiar with.

Through that, I somehow realized that I really only like female singers for whatever reason. A male singer has to be really, really good for me to actually listen to him. Like, I have 4 songs by male singers out of 243 on iTunes.

Lyrics are super important to me in music, so female singers with great lyrics and fantastic voices narrows it down to only a few artists. That's probably why your sister and I have such similar taste in music (and the fact that Florence, Adele, and La Roux are quite well-known). My taste in music is pretty feminine so lol.

I also listen to a lot of weird stuff, too. Imogen Heap is a favorite of mine and she does electronica-type stuff, I love Fleetwood Mac, Lily Allen is very mainstream pop but she writes intelligent pop (like social commentary stuff), and I like 80s music, too (Total Eclipse of the Heart and Gloria are amazing).

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is that I have a somewhat broad taste in music and I can listen to most anything that isn't rap, hip-hop, most country, or dubstep.

_
Here's a fun song for anyone who's bored:

Last edited:

Soul.

lol, I got a Volt Absorb Pachirisu with Follow Me.
Time to team it up with Mega Gyarados and make fun of VGC 2014 :troll:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
All of this music talk is so close to my kind of music but we just aren't crossing that threshold.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Alright gorls, my compilation video of our queen is FINALLY done! Have a look and let me know what you think! Shoutouts to all of you too. ^u^

And below here are some bloopers that may make your day. :^)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
; w ;

But on a more serious note it's just about as useable as Dtilt. Better used against tall people or people who prefer want to approach from the air obvi. :4falco:

Follows up Dtilt well too, and can do so at a slightly longer range of percent than a second Dtilt.
The last thing Falco wants to do is approach from the air. None of his moves except a frame canceled Dair is safe on shield and even if he spaces correctly with his other aerials, Falco's crap air speed will just screw him over. If a person knows what they're doing, then they can shield all of Falco's aerials or just step back and punish like with a missed Dair, Fair, or even his Bair, Nair, and Uair.

Ironically, Wolf approaches in the air better than Falco from what I remember in Brawl. It was a combination of air speed and Wolf's range for his aerials like his Fair. Fox fights well in either the air or on the ground, but Falco is more grounded while his aerials are used for kills, gimps, meteors, comboing, and juggling. Fox can space his Bair and run away, but Falco will just pitifully drop to the ground and get a boot to the face.

I think it would apply more to Meta Knight who can harass people multiple Dairs.

On an unrelated note, Fox's Jab repeat is so easy to do even with natural input lag from online. I've been messing around with Fox a bit more and I think I might have caused 3 people to rage quit after I did the Jab repeat. It was mostly just double Jab repeat to try to follow up to something else like Up Smash, but then there was the last match where my opponent just straight up stopped doing everything and let me murder him. That was when I wanted to see how far I could Jab repeat and yeah... I probably ****** someone off.

Also, people rage quitting after fighting my ZSS which is decent at best. I don't know why, but nobody else rage quits when I use Captain Falcon, Pit, Marth, Peach, Fox - minus the Jab repeat incidents -, Falco, Meta Knight, etc.

Sonic and Falco's run off stage Fairs are just dirty. Sonic can constantly loop you with his Fair while Falco will just gimp you to death. I fought a DK who ate like 4-6 of Sonic's run off Fairs and Zionaze was definitely right, Falco's run off Fair is just awesome. It's not as awesome as Ganondorf's run off Uair that just flips people's pancakes. :laugh:

I need to start doing more run off aerials like Toon Link's run off Fair. Speaking of which, foxtrotting with Toon Link is just awesome because his stubby legs move fast and he has good range for a mini-Link. Still trying to figure out foxtrotting with Falco.

Oh, and dear Naga using Lucina just sucks. I fought a Pit who lived to 200% because unless you land Lucina's Smashes or Shield Breaker, nothing will kill him. She needs to be so precise with her aerials off stage to gimp someone and gimping a character with multiple jumps is much more difficult than say, gimping DK. Seriously, how is Lucina "easy-mode"? Playing as Lucina is like playing the original Zelda without using a sword. Still, Marth and Lucina's Dolphin Slash is a good stage spike since it's so damn fast and has great range.

Hanging onto the ledge is a bad idea when Ike's recovering. Aether will just meteor the ledge hanger. Such a great find since I didn't know Aether could do that and I was just recovering.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
None of his moves except a frame canceled Dair is safe on shield
Was this finally confirmed to work on shield? I've been wondering about this since it was first brought up in the thread and to my knowledge it's still been "Izaw said it doesn't but nobody feels like confirming". Kind of pisses me off because I could have it confirmed/debunked in 5 minutes tops if I had a Wii U myself, getting the CPU to cooperate with shielding on 3DS is too unreliable though.

Also, people rage quitting after fighting my ZSS which is decent at best. I don't know why, but nobody else rage quits when I use Captain Falcon, Pit, Marth, Peach, Fox - minus the Jab repeat incidents -, Falco, Meta Knight, etc.
ZSS is honestly my least favorite character to fight on FG just because they're all so flowcharty. They always open with paralyzer, they always spam paralyzer at a distance, they dash grab if you shield or get hit by a paralyzer shot, and they all have a love affair with dash attack. Also downB the instant you might get hit always, no exceptions. Even if you've been getting punished for it all game, no exceptions.

There's also a fair chance there's just tier stigma against the character. Like I was saying awhile back, I never had people try to mirror match me with Dedede/Meta Knight and it only happened once or twice with Greninja, but it seems to happen once each FG session with Rosalina.

Oh, and dear Naga using Lucina just sucks.
Mops do not make for adequate weapons.

Hanging onto the ledge is a bad idea when Ike's recovering. Aether will just meteor the ledge hanger. Such a great find since I didn't know Aether could do that and I was just recovering.
For future reference, you don't want to do that against Kirby either.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Going to a marriage session for some reason despite the fact that I'm engaged.

Should be fun.
Well, that was slightly awkward.

Lol the guy goes at one point, "There'll be a time soon after marriage when your spouse will tell you 'If you love me, you'll take out the garbage.' And then you'll sit there. Analyzing the comparison she just made. Love...garbage....love...garbage..."

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Alright gorls, my compilation video of our queen is FINALLY done! Have a look and let me know what you think! Shoutouts to all of you too. ^u^

I'm ten seconds into the first video and I already like it because Chinese Tea.

Also those bloopers made me laugh, nice job.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Well, that was slightly awkward.

Lol the guy goes at one point, "There'll be a time soon after marriage when your spouse will tell you 'If you love me, you'll take out the garbage.' And then you'll sit there. Analyzing the comparison she just made. Love...garbage....love...garbage..."
I can barely convince myself to take out the garbage, let alone another human being.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

That Din's Fire gimp on Luigi was hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

Great stuff, gorl!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
*contributes to race*
I don't actually know what's going on.

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
So how is everyone? Man, I haven't been here in a little while.

Anything new happen? I saw a pretty sweet Zelda highlight video earlier! Plus some of that interesting Farore's Squall stuff.

I love how I've been christened auntie, lol~

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 OMG those bloopers had me dying! xD they were all beautiful. (So was the highlight vid btw.)

Did anyone else notice during the bloopers when the two Zeldas shot dins at each other, one of them was way offstage? LOL.

"Die. Boooo"

"Die. Auughhh"

"Die. Yayyyyyy!"

Also, can I get a "Waifu you aren't listening?" :^)

Anything new happen? I saw a pretty sweet Zelda highlight video earlier! Plus some of that interesting Farore's Squall stuff.

*GASP* Auntie Rion you're alive! :D

As you can tell we've gone through hundreds of pages in your absence. We're still thriving for now. About 40 Zelda highlight videos exist now, and we have around 2x the frequents. Most of which are new friends from character board raids. Yes, we've Gina (edit fix, but lol accurate anyways) gone and spread our influence to other character boards. :^)

There was Lucina I MEAN Mopcina lol on New Year's Eve, and then ZSS and Shulk in January, and Rosalina earlier this month! Lmao lots of chaos. I'm also a mod now too

Edit : Oh yeah, and Fuujin has increased his alt count some as well, and Aerodrome got a name change to @KuroganeHammer

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Hi Rion! :colorful: Welcome back to the best social!

EDIT: And what's this blooper video?
EDIT 2: Ahhh THOSE bloopers. I died at the shieldbreak one, lol.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
someday the English language will eradicate that version of the word and I will be all the happier.
Or you could take 20 seconds to learn the difference. Then you might know how to use them better than I would.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I have to go to bed :( It looks like I'm out of the running for page 500. Good luck to you all!

Edit: I bet Twili even has a comment typed out.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm going to bed pouting. 3rd shift sucks for this one reason only :(

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

AHAHAHHA our nayrus love clash at the end of the video. I also died at the ones of my jigglypuff in the bloopers. GOOD TIMES, yew wanna play later?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I kinda want to play with some of you guys sometime because I don't really have much else to do and For Glory has gotten kinda boring now.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

what am i doing with my life
How do you check that? Also, I beat the "8 cruel smash KOs with Lucina" challenge. Mainly just being patient and throwing them offstage. I got to 7 before losing several times which infuriated me.

I'd play you, FullMoon, but my Wi-Fi was inexplicably bad the last time I checked and I want to give it time to cool down.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I kinda want to play with some of you guys sometime because I don't really have much else to do and For Glory has gotten kinda boring now.
I can probably play you in an hour or two.
Evo ruleset(to help train those going to evo)
Same stage list(with exception of using Skyloft, we are going to play on Skyloft)
2/3 stock(hasn't been clarified, I prefer 3, but we can play with 2)
Customs ON
no equipment

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I can probably play you in an hour or two.
Evo ruleset(to help train those going to evo)
Same stage list(with exception of using Skyloft, we are going to play on Skyloft)
2/3 stock(hasn't been clarified, I prefer 3, but we can play with 2)
Customs ON
no equipment
Sure, I'm just gonna check the EVO ruleset real quick because I don't know much about it.

Also I'm fine with 3 stocks.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Wow, 500 pages (almost). I haven't been around because honestly I haven't been playing SSB4 too much... :-/ Hubby and I are going to a doubles tournament on Monday though. We have terrible Smash Bros. synergy and it causes marital grief, but team attack will be off so we shall see.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
YOU KNOW IT'S GOING TO
BE AN AMAZING DAY WHEN THE SOCIAL'S GONNA REACH 500 PAGES, AND YOUR BFFS RION AND GAMEANGEL HAVE RETURNED.

Top Bottom