• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
How the **** do people unlock customs?? I still haven't unlocked all of Zelda's customs yet because I keep getting equipment or a custom move I already have ._. What ****** thought it was a good idea to have people unlock a custom they have already unlocked before?

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
So severe depression hit me like a rock last week. I somehow managed to work it out and was beginning to make my way up.
Because there was but one reason to keep it up and try harder: my cat. The only one who really loves me, the only one I really worked for, the one I know will embrace me when getting home after a long day.

And that reason just died today.
I just.... don't know anymore.....

Wanted to vent it, you can ignore this if you want, there is no need for like, anything.
kbai
I am so sorry. There isn't a need for anything, but I've been there and it is hard. No getting around it. Sometimes, life just hits you hard. Have faith that you'll bounce back, but don't rush yourself. I know it can be annoying to hear things you already know, but it can also be better than silence.

If you don't know hyperbole and a half, you should. These helped me a lot coming to terms with that part of my life. Hopefully they can help you and others in similar situations.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2011/10/adventures-in-depression.html?m=1

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2013/05/depression-part-two.html?m=1

I also recommend the rest of her blog, as it is amaaazing (and not depression filled). Everyone should read it. I recommend it alot.

Rizen

Smash Legend
So severe depression hit me like a rock last week. I somehow managed to work it out and was beginning to make my way up.
Because there was but one reason to keep it up and try harder: my cat. The only one who really loves me, the only one I really worked for, the one I know will embrace me when getting home after a long day.

Wanted to vent it, you can ignore this if you want, there is no need for like, anything.
kbai
I'm sorry :(

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Here's a picture of me licking a Zelda amiibo.

In other news, glad you're ok! Sorry about the flooding.. I hope everything gets better soon. :(

kbai
Maybe there isn't need for anything, but for what it's worth, I've been there.

Over the past few years, and more specifically this past year, I've been struggling off and on with depression and high levels of stress, and it always feels like once it starts to get better, you just hit another wall. There's.. not really anything helpful I can say, other than just keep breathing. That's what I've been telling myself this whole time; just breathe.

As for your cat.. I'm so sorry. I won't say I know how you feel, since empathy is a subjective concept, but I've been there as well. I live with seven cats at this time, though from the years 2012-2013 I'd lost two in the span of ten months; the first one due to old age and health complications, and the second one at a devastating young age of three and from a very unfortunate, very avoidable, and very accidental incident. The lesson we learned there: no more string, or yarn. As well, I currently have a 14-year-old who I'm going to be taking with me when I move out from my parents' house in four months, though I'm not sure how long she will live after that, if she makes it until then.

But I digress.

No matter how bad things get, people will be there for you, especially the sisters in this thread. If you ever need to talk, we're all here for you. Like I said, just keep breathing, it will eventually get better. Only time will heal things like this.

I apologize if this wasn't helpful; I just had to say something.
Please stay well.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Of course after my decently long break due to school being busy, Rainbow Curse, and my brother's birthday. I come to my least favorite discussion in the world, Pokemon. Love the games, but I never see the same joy. It's just a bunch of people complaining about what they don't like, and then only slightly mentioning what gen is their favorite. There is no joy, just bitter resentment.

Anyway, how have my sisters been doing after I been gone so long? Browsing through this thread, I see you guys made some progress in Zelda customs. Thats great to hear. I should really get to facing you guys. My Rosalina/Villager/Jigglypuff need to be more improved.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Agreed, Lucas suffers from that. Nintendo only cares for Earthbound out of the Mother Franchise now because its on VC and making them money, aswell as being the most recognizable. Mother 3, despite being the amazing game it is, basically got screwed over due to a number of reasons and didn't come to the U.S., so even fewer people know about it than Earthbound.

And of course, time constraints sealed the deal for Lucas. He was expendable compared to the rest of the cast (except the likes of Toon Link and ROB honestly), so Sakurai just decided to cut him and leave the one other rep. out. And of course, no one cares. Not even the Mother fanbase cares unless you find truly dedicated Mother 3 fans, i've gone to starmen.net, and literally all of the people there save a few are like "I never cared for Lucas, good riddance." They're all fanboys of Mother 2/Earthbound alone. If Ness had gotten cut instead of L ucas, everyone would've been like "BLASPHEMY" and raged at NIntendo for that, but since it's Lucas no one gives a damn.

Just like always, Mother 3 gets screwed out of any of the recognition it deserves. I thought Sakurai had a softspot for Mother, but apparently this proves he doesn't. If he had, he probably would've gotten him and Wolf instead of playing favorites and adding clones we didn't really care for like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario. -__- Ugh, i'm sick of this crap happening to Mother in general. And yet Xenoblade gets it's recognition despite being in the almost exact same situation. I seriously hate Nintendo when it comes to Mother.
I care

Do I even... Nah, just read this.
Yep. He has no idea what he's talking about

No sane soul would use Shulk's n-air for edgeguarding. I already went through his bad frame data argument and he's repeating himself so I'll ignore that. Also, Ally seconds Shulk and Diddy. John# switched to WFT for customs so he's right on that. Trela's still the best Shulk as far as I know. His results have gotten MUCH better in the Wii U version by a massive margin. He has NO right to talk about Shulk's match ups.

Anyway, why do I even bother? This is the same guy that said Din's fire is like "sex". Let's not ever bring up anything that comes from him

Random journal:
- I think I'll stick to default arts with Shulk. Power vision is enough to define him in a customs environment imo. I might switch to hyper arts when I feel like it but idk. I think the custom arts can be useful depending on the match up but we'll see. Power vision really makes me like customs Shulk :D
- Mario's EJP is awesome. Shocking cape gives him a disjoint. NICE. Fast fire ball is great for interrupting anything C:
- I might use customs Kirby because my little sister wants me to use Kirby seriously :3

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Okay so... all this talk about your cyclones inevitably caused me to dream about my greatest fear, and well, perhaps to a more indirect level this time, but still relates because it's a natural disaster. I blame you completely @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

It started off in Texas, where I'm at. The news were saying there was going to be a Tornado Watch in various areas around Texas, though Dallas was being the most prominent right now. And naturally, I was panicking inside, because I friggin hate tornadoes.

... I somehow ended up in Sweden. There was also some kind of natural disaster alert (apparently this was almost a worldwide thing, might as well have been the end of the world). Anyway, I was in a bus with very few people (and I don't remember seeing the bus driver driving it btw, so knowing the craziness of my dream, the bus might have been driving on its own).

We were driving over this bridge, and I could see the sea beneath us. The waves were rising at ridiculously high levels, and the few people in the bus with me, including me, gasped in surprise as one particular wave rose so high, that it literally just... wiped out everything on the bridge. Our bus started tumbling toward the end of the bridge, which, there was still water there from the wave. In other words, we were gonna fall into the water caused by the sea, but not the sea itself.

Then it's like as if I knew exactly everything that was going to happen because I was planning things in advance. Knowing that we were gonna crash into the water, I knew we needed to escape the bus soon, before it sunk. I yanked the lever from the back door of the bus open, just as we landed in the water. People began swimming out through that back door, desperate to save themselves. I saved two people; someone that had been accompanying me, and a little girl, and holding their hands/swimming at the same time was not easy, but I magically didn't seem to have trouble breathing under water, even though I was instinctively looking for air myself.

Anyway.

We pulled up from the water and managed to get back to the city, only to find that most of the city was almost completely flooded from the tsunami. I had a home there though that was pretty high off from the ground (and I never even had this home, mind you), so I headed that way with the two people I had saved. My mom was inside, and after all the relief of seeing me, she told me there was this thing that would drain some of the water from the city.

We began to head to this place, which wasn't far from my house. The door to it was locked however, and there was some Swedish guy there trying to figure out how to get in too. I tried lockpicking it (pretty sure I know where this influence came from too). After awhile we managed to open it, and hurried inside.

There was like... one of those metal wheels that you spin, and that's what would lower the water level. There was a Pikachu there that helped me. Yep.

/dear diary

*edit* And now I'm afraid of going back to sleep, because the dream might continue from where it left off (cause that happens to me). Also, this isn't the first time I've dreamed about falling into the water and saving people - another time was in a plane. Wth is wrong with me, and why do I keep dreaming about things like this?

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
We talking about fears?

THERE'S A F*CKING SPIDER IN MY SINK AND EVERYONE ELSE IN THE HOUSE IS ASLEEP AND IT'S 6:22AM AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

How do you survive with these creatures, Aero? ; w ;

EDIT: OMG IT DISAPPEARED AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WENT BRB COMMITTING SUDOKU.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
We talking about fears?

THERE'S A F*CKING SPIDER IN MY SINK AND EVERYONE ELSE IN THE HOUSE IS ASLEEP AND IT'S 6:22AM AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Should've run hot water.

I'm trying to get all the achievements in SSB4. There's one that says in target blast 2 with Palutena use the back wall to get so many points. What's that mean? I tried rebounding the bomb off the wall behind her and running it along the farthest wall but didn't get it. :/

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Should've run hot water.

I'm trying to get all the achievements in SSB4. There's one that says in target blast 2 with Palutena use the back wall to get so many points. What's that mean? I tried rebounding the bomb off the wall behind her and running it along the farthest wall but didn't get it. :/
This one confused me for a bit, too. You have to get the specified points with one bomb by bouncing it off the wall behind her when you launch it. FTilt is actually useful here, you can bounce the bomb off the wall and rack up good damage.

Oh, and Lucario is a pain to get 2000+ feet in HRC with because 0% Lucario has such miserable damage output. The idea of Aura is cute, but when you're only dealing 15% with your fully charged FSmash there's a problem. I think he's the only one that I had to rely on throwing the bat to get damage, although I used it a few other times IIRC. ZSS was a pain too, though; she required some considerable precision. Which is why I don't use her normally.

Also lol committing sudoku. I'm going to assume that's a deliberate joke. Speaking of sudoku, has anyone played kakuro before? It's like a mix between sudoku and crosswords and it's really fun.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Should've run hot water.

Ew omg a scalded spider carcass in a sink is like just as bad as a live one lmao

Oh and idk about the achievement, sry. Idk why what you're doing wouldn't be working

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
@ GameAngel64 GameAngel64 i forgot to ask, how was your doubles tourney sis?
Haha, thank you for your interest. We were eliminated before it ever began because my husband and I both got sick over the weekend and wound up staying home! So my SSB4 dry spell continues. The host has tournaments once a month though, so maybe next time. (Also still sick, so sorry for any crazy typos or nonsensical speech!).

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Yep. He has no idea what he's talking about

No sane soul would use Shulk's n-air for edgeguarding. I already went through his bad frame data argument and he's repeating himself so I'll ignore that. Also, Ally seconds Shulk and Diddy. John# switched to WFT for customs so he's right on that. Trela's still the best Shulk as far as I know. His results have gotten MUCH better in the Wii U version by a massive margin. He has NO right to talk about Shulk's match ups.

Anyway, why do I even bother? This is the same guy that said Din's fire is like "sex". Let's not ever bring up anything that comes from him

Random journal:
- I think I'll stick to default arts with Shulk. Power vision is enough to define him in a customs environment imo. I might switch to hyper arts when I feel like it but idk. I think the custom arts can be useful depending on the match up but we'll see. Power vision really makes me like customs Shulk :D
- Mario's EJP is awesome. Shocking cape gives him a disjoint. NICE. Fast fire ball is great for interrupting anything C:
- I might use customs Kirby because my little sister wants me to use Kirby seriously :3
Customs kirby is pretty good.
He gains a better recovery and kill move in upper cutter
Then there's hammer bash (dtilt>hammer bash is ridiculous)
Jump Inhale imo is kinda situational but is a great custom nonetheless
What set do you use?
We talking about fears?

There's always the option of fleeing the state :4pacman:
Thank god spiders can't fly

Last edited:
Customs kirby is pretty good.
He gains a better recovery and kill move in upper cutter
Then there's hammer bash (dtilt>hammer bash is ridiculous)
Jump Inhale imo is kinda situational but is a great custom nonetheless
What set do you use?
Default inhale
Hammer bash
Upper cutter
Default stone

Grinding for jumping inhale and meteor stone

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Default inhale
Hammer bash
Upper cutter
Default stone

Grinding for jumping inhale and meteor stone
Meteor Stone is amazing in doubles
I've pissed sooooooooooo many people off
My usual match is
>rush in
>lol I'm chased offstage
>inhale in attempt to kirbycide at 0 [chudat please] (they panic and break out leaving me to either float up alone, get footstooled, or I spike them):evil:
>

Meteor Stone spikes really early but it takes a bit to turn back, so don't use it off the ledge in lag
I'm a terrible person when I play Kirby C:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Okay so... all this talk about your cyclones inevitably caused me to dream about my greatest fear, and well, perhaps to a more indirect level this time, but still relates because it's a natural disaster. I blame you completely @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

It started off in Texas, where I'm at. The news were saying there was going to be a Tornado Watch in various areas around Texas, though Dallas was being the most prominent right now. And naturally, I was panicking inside, because I friggin hate tornadoes.

... I somehow ended up in Sweden. There was also some kind of natural disaster alert (apparently this was almost a worldwide thing, might as well have been the end of the world). Anyway, I was in a bus with very few people (and I don't remember seeing the bus driver driving it btw, so knowing the craziness of my dream, the bus might have been driving on its own).

We were driving over this bridge, and I could see the sea beneath us. The waves were rising at ridiculously high levels, and the few people in the bus with me, including me, gasped in surprise as one particular wave rose so high, that it literally just... wiped out everything on the bridge. Our bus started tumbling toward the end of the bridge, which, there was still water there from the wave. In other words, we were gonna fall into the water caused by the sea, but not the sea itself.

Then it's like as if I knew exactly everything that was going to happen because I was planning things in advance. Knowing that we were gonna crash into the water, I knew we needed to escape the bus soon, before it sunk. I yanked the lever from the back door of the bus open, just as we landed in the water. People began swimming out through that back door, desperate to save themselves. I saved two people; someone that had been accompanying me, and a little girl, and holding their hands/swimming at the same time was not easy, but I magically didn't seem to have trouble breathing under water, even though I was instinctively looking for air myself.

Anyway.

We pulled up from the water and managed to get back to the city, only to find that most of the city was almost completely flooded from the tsunami. I had a home there though that was pretty high off from the ground (and I never even had this home, mind you), so I headed that way with the two people I had saved. My mom was inside, and after all the relief of seeing me, she told me there was this thing that would drain some of the water from the city.

We began to head to this place, which wasn't far from my house. The door to it was locked however, and there was some Swedish guy there trying to figure out how to get in too. I tried lockpicking it (pretty sure I know where this influence came from too). After awhile we managed to open it, and hurried inside.

There was like... one of those metal wheels that you spin, and that's what would lower the water level. There was a Pikachu there that helped me. Yep.

/dear diary

*edit* And now I'm afraid of going back to sleep, because the dream might continue from where it left off (cause that happens to me). Also, this isn't the first time I've dreamed about falling into the water and saving people - another time was in a plane. Wth is wrong with me, and why do I keep dreaming about things like this?
Dreams are weeeeird things. Though I never had a dream continue from where it left off, I think, I never remember them.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I hate rival smash (multi-man). I can imagine how it was thought up:
Sakurai: "you know that one friend/neighbor/sibling who doesn't really know how to play a game but thinks it's fun to drag you down with him? You know, so he ends up crashing his kart into you, stealing your star, etc so he gets last place and you get 2nd or 3rd last even though it makes him loose too? How about we make a multi-man smash mode based on that?! :awesome:"
Bootlickers: "My god... Sakurai's done it again! :lol:"
Sakurai: "Why don't we remove adventure mode and replace it with a smash themed board game?!:pimp:"
Bootlickers: "Genius!"

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh, and Lucario is a pain to get 2000+ feet in HRC with because 0% Lucario has such miserable damage output.
ugh

I was going to try and get 700k+ with every character in 3DS Target Blast awhile back

but after going through 10 or so characters I thought "Wait, is Lucario going to be a problem?" and I legitimately don't know how I'm supposed to get a perfect in one bomb with his pitiful damage output. iirc my plan involved something like 10 ftilts>1 dair>charged fsmash and it worked okay but there was no room to screw up and I never found the right angle or timing.

Kirby can u-tilt > u-tilt > upper cutter for 18% damage. That's all I got. lol.
Wow a 3 hit kirby combo? And it isn't utilt>utilt>utilt? The meta is evolving before our eyes!

Why did avatar sizes change? oh minimum size is 150x150 now, COOL I DON'T HAVE A HIGHER RES VERSION OF THIS

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Okay, it's official. Phantom Strike is THE best Phantom for Zelda.

I've made a gameplan with my Zelda now to get as much Dthrow -> Nair conversions as possible, with Jab as an anti-air, Dtilt as a boss move, and Nayru's for the giggles. Once I've conditioned the opponent to be scared of what's to come after a Nair, they would either jump, air dodge or attack.

If you jump and instead of using Nair, you charge Phantom Strike, and they air dodge, it's a free 36%. Haven't tested against people that try to attack back, and I'm sure jumping gets away from it. But if they jump, we can try and catch them again with Nair to condition them to do otherwise. :^)

Smartest way to play Zelda in this game is to have the opponent play your game.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Not actually sure how old I was when I started playing Pokémon, but I have to say it was.. hm I was probably between 7 and 9.
Silver was my first, Gold second (when my sister deleted my hard-worked Silver save, I deleted her Gold one >.>); Red sometime later when I realized I could put more games on my emulator; tiny bit of Emerald but for some reason didn't finish it; Ruby later, but I realized when I went back to it after getting ORAS that I didn't finish that either?? I stopped before Elite 4, wtf me. Y was the pivotal game for me, and the bells and whistles of 3DS graphics and such made ORAS a must-have for me. I haven't played much of my OR as of now since, well.. between work, several new/need-to-play-again games and me just being a complete beyond-all-hope scatterbrain, I haven't focused on it. Almost forgot I played a bit through White, but I'm going to restart it soon when my terrible attention span full-circles.

But for what it's worth, based on what I've seen and heard from each gen, my own personal rank is 2>6>1=3>4>5.

I'd probably be more inclined to play SoulSilver, just because of Silver being my first, and would you recommend Platinum specifically over Pearl? I kinda want to play Pearl, but I'm not decided yet. I want to avoid emulators on 4th gen, because lolDeSmuME and no$gba, but then they're pretty expensive for physical copies still.

Long post took forever because I can't ever get over going back to Brawl from Smash4 now. Hacks and just.. Brawl being Brawl.

tyyy that's the second time i've had a post color be complimented ;v;
This is a really late reply, but whatever.

Pearl is actually the only Sinnoh game I own atm, but Platinum takes everything great about Pearl (and Diamond), and expands upon it. The story is better, there are more Pokemon (new and old, iirc), and more places. The Battle Resort place is a ton cooler in Platinum. Pearl is still a fantastic game in its own right, so if you can't get Platinum, then get Pearl because Sinnoh is amazing and you should experience it. That's just my two cents, anyway.
and now i need to buy Platinum again lol

Black and White are good games, too. The Pokemon fanbase is pretty divided over Gen V, but I personally liked it. The animated sprites are cute and the story is decent. I'd recommend those games, too.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

Pearl is actually the only Sinnoh game I own atm, but Platinum takes everything great about Pearl (and Diamond), and expands upon it. The story is better, there are more Pokemon (new and old, iirc), and more places. The Battle Resort place is a ton cooler in Platinum. Pearl is still a fantastic game in its own right, so if you can't get Platinum, then get Pearl because Sinnoh is amazing and you should experience it. That's just my two cents, anyway.

Black and White are good games, too. The Pokemon fanbase is pretty divided over Gen V, but I personally liked it. The animated sprites are cute and the story is decent. I'd recommend those games, too.
I'll be able to play in 20-30 minutes

Soul.

Platinum is love. Sinnoh is love. Gen 4 in general is love~
B/W were the best in story. Music too I guess, but again, Route 225.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ Nammy12 Nammy12
I'm trying to hack a custom palette into Melee using the guides you linked earlier. However, I have no idea where to get the .iso files. Where can I find them?

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
@ Nammy12 Nammy12
I'm trying to hack a custom palette into Melee using the guides you linked earlier. However, I have no idea where to get the .iso files. Where can I find them?
The Iso file is Melee itself in digital form.
I don't think I'm allowed to post a link to it but you should be able to find one if you google it.

Top Bottom