• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
Even if it was a blatant triple post.
That reminds me, where's Fujin? Is he back again?

I'm really enjoying Markiplier's LP of 'Amnesia: The Things in the Night'. 'The Great Work' was my favorite Amnesia CS but this might end up topping it :awesome: Dreadout and Don't Look Now were very impressive looking games too.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 here you go. Is youtube having issues or something today? Took a long time to upload this for some reason.

Zelda dittos? Already a nightmare to watch.

Using crappy custom moves? Oh boy.

The two players were sandbagging too?

:happysheep:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
reposting here since I don't expect everyone here to read CCI

Mewtwo's jab1 doesn't cancel on clank, which can give him frame advantage even when clanking stronger attacks :happysheep:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
reposting here since I don't expect everyone here to read CCI

Mewtwo's jab1 doesn't cancel on clank, which can give him frame advantage even when clanking stronger attacks :happysheep:
man mewtwo getting all the jab and Dtilt uses I guess

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Found this on tumblr

Okay, that Fox must be blind if he didn't see that slowly coming down onto him... HE JUMPED INTO IT! If he was playing with sound on, that noise probably should have raised an eyebrow... For Glory, right? For Glory... Anyway, this is probably the best MU writeup I have ever seen. Personal stuff has been erased/altered to protect the writer. :p

MAN THIS MATCHUP SUCKS FOR VILLAGER. IT'S EASILY MY LEAST FAVORITE MATCHUP.

So, lets start off with some background information. ___ right 'ere and I have been dealing with the Flaco/Villager matchup since day one of the Wii U release at a local 80-man tourney. Him and I are two of the best players in ___ (whoopdee freakin' doo, it's ___), and we've made our opinions known across the entire local scene.

Now, onto why I think this matchup is at least 60/40 in Flaco the Flappy Bird's favor. Flaco the Flappy Bird easily has the best reflector in the game. I don't say that because of it's longevity, or any of that. If you think of it that way than of course it isn't, but it comes out at frame 5 iirc, and lingers beyond all belief. It also has a hitbox, and is incredibly disjointed, so if you're trying to get creative with your Lloid approaches you're just gonna eat your Lloid, along with the reflector, along with potentially eating a fair/bair. It mitigates your Lloid. You just got 3-hit comboed. Two of the moves being your own.

Villager has too many projectiles that form the character's neutral, so you have to entirely change your play style.

Flaco the Flappy Bird's reflector takes care of...

fair,
bair,
dash attack,
side smash,
any pocketed move (most likely your own),
down b,
and side b.

This list is huge. So suddenly you have to be increasingly more mindful around how you attempt to space Flaco the Flappy Bird, because that's all you can do. You can only attempt to space him, because his close-combat game absolutely craps on Villager's. Dsmash punishes aerial attempts, his jab comes out frame 2, and bair comes out frame 3 (iirc), and will outspace our nair. Flaco is also FASTER than Villager on the ground. Villager has one of the slowest running speeds in the game, and since Flaco the Flappy Bird can space out your aerial approaches, and make approaching from the air ridiculously unsafe he'll also be able to pressure you with his ground-based approaches. Good luck trying to shield grab any approaches with that atrocious frame 15 grab. Only oos option is nair (usually always is though).

If Flaco the Flappy Bird plays smart, and remains dominate on the ground there's no reason you'll have to worry about offstage game, because literally anything Villager tries to do to approach you will get eaten by reflector, or your faster close-range moves. If by some chance you gain the advantage on Flaco the Flappy Bird at that point you can pressure him with maybe fairs, but gimping him is also really tricky due to his ability to act out of side b, he covers great horizontal ground, and a solid vertical angle too (godly Flappy Bird 2nd jumps).

So no matter what the ___ of ___ thinks about the Flaco/Villager matchup I will always believe this to be in Flaco the Flappy Bird's favor. Maybe he'd be more understanding if he was on the receiving end of this matchup.

My profile pic related to ___: It's him as the Deku Princess in a bottle (* in a bottle, HAR HAR HAR).
Flaco the Flappy Bird... :laugh:

Annnnnnnnd... I still feel passively angry for some reason. :glare:

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I went to a tournament and bopped the local Rosalina with Zelda. God, this matchup is so much fun.

Hi gurls, how u doin?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ Lavani Lavani

Any ideas how I should distinguish the difference between aerial/grounded only hitboxes in a data presentation format like my charizard thread?

I'm at an impasse.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I went to a tournament and bopped the local Rosalina with Zelda. God, this matchup is so much fun.

Hi gurls, how u doin?
Angry and I don't know why. Passively angry though, so I'm not going to rip a stop sign off the street and throw it at the nearest window. Oh, and finals and final projects are coming up. Yay... Stress, boredom, the usual.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Angry and I don't know why. Passively angry though, so I'm not going to rip a stop sign off the street and throw it at the nearest window. Oh, and finals and final projects are coming up. Yay... Stress, boredom, the usual.
Do you need me to give you a reason to be angry?

Soul.

I keep watching Pokkén videos for no reason. idk why
inb4 zelda mains should use Gardevoir
edit: so quiet. Good..

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
No context because I'm a jerk (and lost my SD card reader) but Zelda is lol top tier destroyer of everything. I'm having trouble pin pointing her bad MUs minus like... Mewtwo, Link and Marth.

no explanation yet, just me rambling lol

/dearrandomdiary

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I keep watching Pokkén videos for no reason. idk why
inb4 zelda mains should use Gardevoir
edit: so quiet. Good..
idk if I'll even get pokken although the selection of pokemon isn't bad so far
also when it's quiet is when I appear
you must secretly wanted my attention
for all your effort you can have the leaked image of a new pokemon
frost dog.jpg