• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Alphatron

Smash Champion
It's so humid over here. Send help...

Step 1: Aim
Step 2: Pull trigger
Step 3: Swim away like a boss
Step 4: Repeat
I'm a blaster user so using a weapon that actually requires me to aim at the opponent is tough. No idea how I got to B+.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Hmm later tonight when we train some, I can try to help you out on this and give you feedback. Do you want to main them to cover for Lucas' bad matchups, or just because you like them? I feel like Lucas has an easier time handling some characters that Zelda just can't, so maybe one that you like and cover bad MU's would be ideal. Even if you don't get the best results, that's not anything that some training can't fix.
I guess the two that I enjoy the most would probably be :4zss:and:4yoshi:. Ill try to work on those two then. :)

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I use Splattershot Pro. I wanted to use Chargers but I can't aim for ****.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I've been comparing all the Lucas data I can find for SSB4 to the Brawl Lucas data.

It really doesn't seem like his normals were really buffed as far as hit-box and frame data goes. A couple 2 frame endlag reductions and better grab frame data is all I see. He even got a couple tiny endlag increases as well, and of course multiple very small damage reductions.

And he lost...all of his ATs for a scetchy hoo-haa (The NAir hoo-haa's usefulness looks suspect. They're all very DI dependant as is.) and pseudo-kill throws? [edit: and a tether that actually is useable.] It sounds like a somewhat fair tradeoff, but then his grab actually takes longer than Brawl grab to get the far-reach now. From what I heard it takes a little under 20 frames to get to the tip of his grab smh. I know I sound like the biggest downer about Lucas but really unless his range and KO moves (AKA things I can't check with owning Lucas.) were super buffed I don't see how he's any better than Brawl Lucas, who hardly made it out of Low tier before Brawl died.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I'm a blaster user so using a weapon that actually requires me to aim at the opponent is tough. No idea how I got to B+.
To be fair the Squiffer is probably one of the hardest weapons in Splatoon to use overall due to how the gun works. Medium range so there are quite a few rapid fire weapons that can match your range while you have to rely on a single shot + charging it. It is heavily reliant on your ability to aim quickly. I have played a lot of shooters so I trust my aim enough to rush with the Squiffer which is how the gun needs to be played honestly. It has the highest mobility and lowest charge time of all charger weapons for a reason. The Squiffer is a great gun in the right hands but a lot of people try to play it like a regular charger and expect it to work lol.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@ Macchiato Macchiato @XDanDan612 GGs, that was really fun

OMG Dan when I killed your Jiggly at like 2% with Lightweight dthrow nair uair I felt so bad. BAN TUNA. The lightning kick only Zelda ditto had me laughing a lot omg
@ Macchiato Macchiato @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9

Good games, rascals! Those were fun matches. Suffler, that last match was great xD I has a questionnn. Is my Lucina or Marth better? O:
Hmmmm...I'm going to say your Lucina is a tiny bit better but it's not a huge difference. Like you could use either of them and still do good

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Macchiato Macchiato @XDanDan612 GGs, that was really fun

OMG Dan when I killed your Jiggly at like 2% with Lightweight dthrow nair uair I felt so bad. BAN TUNA. The lightning kick only Zelda ditto had me laughing a lot omg

Hmmmm...I'm going to say your Lucina is a tiny bit better but it's not a huge difference. Like you could use either of them and still do good
Don't feel bad, Jigglypuff is a small annoying hoe. SMH I hate Jigglypuff.
@ Macchiato Macchiato @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9

Good games, rascals! Those were fun matches. Suffler, that last match was great xD I has a questionnn. Is my Lucina or Marth better? O:
MARF

Soul.

So I noticed ledge grabs have this 1 frame vulnerability thing...
unless im wrong, 1 frame Thunder spikes will be the truth hahahah.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
@ Phenomiracle Phenomiracle Did the thing that I said I was going to do.

Was not a pleasant experience but I made it. However, I don't think I'm going to be attempting that again anytime soon.
Well done for the effort. How long was the fast for you, and when did you start feeling hungry?

14-15 hours, where I live. Not too bad. I'm starving around noon.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Jigglypuff sucks

I hate not being able to play. I'm currently without my 3DS and Wii U so I'm without Smash for the time being. In the meantime I've started to replay the first Professor Layton trilogy. I had been replaying the Diabolical Box but decided to try and get all the puzzles without any of them disappearing to Granny Riddleton's shack starting with the Curious Village. Unfortunately(?) my sharp memory makes some of the stranger puzzles that require out-of-the-box logic easier. I think the series could make an interesting Let's Play if you either got a group of people together who haven't played the games before with one who has and have them try to solve the puzzles or just have someone who hasn't played them before and give them ago.

Anyway, I was just thinking about all the nerfs Diddy got this patch and it honestly makes me a little sad (except maybe the tweak to UAir, but even then a lot of UAirs hit to the character's side (:4ness:)). He was pretty good the way he was in 1.0.6. Still really strong but a lot more honest from 1.0.4. Now it feels like he's starting to fall apart with losing his throw game (not much of a reason to nerf just his and not others' as well IMO).

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Don't feel bad, Jigglypuff is a small annoying hoe. SMH I hate Jigglypuff.

MARF
puff balls unite!

Hails is @ Furret Furret btw
no hails is my sis, I use her NNID cause I'm lazy and I'm a thief
but for being so close have some hot grill in water action
I just go rambo in Splatoon and hope for the best.

Works surprisingly often.
you sound like an aerospray user

also @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL I noticed in the data dumb, there is a roller with seekers/bomb rush
now that sounds evil, which is right up my alley

Soul.

It's sad because I thought Brawl Jigglypuff had a better design than 3DS/Wii U Jigglypuff, minus the nerfed Rest from the former.
Melee Puff will always be the best Puff.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
also @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL I noticed in the data dumb, there is a roller with seekers/bomb rush
now that sounds evil, which is right up my alley
Yeah, seeker bomb rush was in the single player mode for like one level, so it was originally disappointing to see there wasn't a weapon that actually used it before.

I love the data dump btw, looking at the file names gives a good perspective on each weapon.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'm p sure shes bad. Mechanics ruin her. Elevator is basically a better rest. She dies at like 15 percent man. Approach is bad. Lol range. She can't edgehog anymore because Smash 4 and edgehogging was what made her good in melee and not ganon tier in brawl. At least shes high tier in Alternate costumes but Zelda outclasses her in that too.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
A part of me really hopes that I'm not the only person who has used the line, "You make LL Cool J" look like "LL Regular J" on a girl before.

I wonder what the success rate is.

D

Deleted member

I'm p sure shes bad. Mechanics ruin her. Elevator is basically a better rest. She dies at like 15 percent man. Approach is bad. Lol range. She can't edgehog anymore because Smash 4 and edgehogging was what made her good in melee and not ganon tier in brawl. At least shes high tier in Alternate costumes but Zelda outclasses her in that too.
And that's why I learn to get used to her and how she plays in this game. She's one of my mains in almost every Smash game and I learn to deal with how she plays. Yes, she's not so good, but I work with what I have and do my best with her. She's not bad, you have to learn how to play as her.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Yeah, seeker bomb rush was in the single player mode for like one level, so it was originally disappointing to see there wasn't a weapon that actually used it before.

I love the data dump btw, looking at the file names gives a good perspective on each weapon.
I still curious as to how the carbon roller actually handles sadly.

I like the brushes, but the trail they leave is too thin, running so fast is kinda pointless when enemy ink is almost guaranteed to slow you down. at least the second one will get the best most broken special in the game

anything you looking forward to?
I don't want to main peach anymore, but I feel obligated to main her because I made a huge guide for her.
just keep her as a secondary

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
And that's why I learn to get used to her and how she plays in this game. She's one of my mains in almost every Smash game and I learn to deal with how she plays. Yes, she's not so good, but I work with what I have and do my best with her. She's not bad, you have to learn how to play as her.
Who do you think she beats then? That's my dilemma. She doesn't feel like she legitimately beats many characters. That said, her dash attack is really stupid.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Do you guys ever lose to the stupidest Roll Glory lag dash attack spamming MESS and you're just like

oh and I just played...well I attempted to play...a Link and the connection was so bad that the "3, 2, 1" thing literally took three minutes to go through. How can your internet even be that bad like are you conducting electricity for your internet through a potato or something??? SMH

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Gorls, what we need is Melee Jigglypuff. Melee Jigglypuff was God.

Do you guys ever lose to the stupidest Roll Glory lag dash attack spamming MESS and you're just like

oh and I just played...well I attempted to play...a Link and the connection was so bad that the "3, 2, 1" thing literally took three minutes to go through. How can your internet even be that bad like are you conducting electricity for your internet through a potato or something??? SMH
I'm quite positive that their Wii U was at maximum distance away from their router, and that 16 people were on Netflix at the same time on their network while they were trying to fight you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who do you think she beats then? That's my dilemma. She doesn't feel like she legitimately beats many characters. That said, her dash attack is really stupid.
To me, it's not about her beating certain characters, it's about if you CAN. It all depends on your opponent. If your opponent is good, you're obviously gonna have a tough time with them. If your opponent is bad, I'm pretty sure you'll beat them. It all comes down to the skill that you and your opponent has. That's how I see it. I don't pay attention to MUs. I'll go in with any of my mains because I'm confident with them.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I've been comparing all the Lucas data I can find for SSB4 to the Brawl Lucas data.

It really doesn't seem like his normals were really buffed as far as hit-box and frame data goes. A couple 2 frame endlag reductions and better grab frame data is all I see. He even got a couple tiny endlag increases as well, and of course multiple very small damage reductions.

And he lost...all of his ATs for a scetchy hoo-haa (The NAir hoo-haa's usefulness looks suspect. They're all very DI dependant as is.) and pseudo-kill throws? [edit: and a tether that actually is useable.] It sounds like a somewhat fair tradeoff, but then his grab actually takes longer than Brawl grab to get the far-reach now. From what I heard it takes a little under 20 frames to get to the tip of his grab smh. I know I sound like the biggest downer about Lucas but really unless his range and KO moves (AKA things I can't check with owning Lucas.) were super buffed I don't see how he's any better than Brawl Lucas, who hardly made it out of Low tier before Brawl died.
You are factoring how Smash 4 functions differently and universal changes, right? If Lucas was straight up ported over to Smash 4, he'd be pretty bad since Zair wouldn't have a hitbox, his grab release issues would still exist, and changes to end lag - PK Magnet? - and such that benefits him now wouldn't exist.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Jigglypuff is so reliant on game mechanics that the engine is a huge factor in her viability. 64 and Melee's large hitstun was a huge contributor to her success (not to mention Melee's engine helping mask her floatiness). Edgehogging, as Macchiato said, was also hugely important to her because it allowed her to easily close stocks by using one of her best attributes (her recovery). When those mechanics are changed or removed, Jigglypuff is affected more than basically any other character.

I love the character to death, but she's really meh in this game and it makes me sad.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I still curious as to how the carbon roller actually handles sadly.

I like the brushes, but the trail they leave is too thin, running so fast is kinda pointless when enemy ink is almost guaranteed to slow you down. at least the second one will get the best most broken special in the game

anything you looking forward to?
I'm looking forward to three weapons at the moment. The bamboozler, Luna Blaster, and the Rebranded Octobrush.

The bamboozle because chargers, Luna Blaster because I like how it still has kill power when being able to fire rapidly, (for the cost of range), and the Octobrush sounds like it would have a little less speed in exchange for more power which is all I wanted. Also, the rebranded version I recall has better Subs and specials.

Top Bottom