• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
On another note, I'm finally out of school. Did badly on finals :/

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Does that mean everyone is out of school?
Probably. But I'll have to get back to studying by the end of next month. That's when my next modules are out for Uni.

But on the plus side. Studying from home. :yeahboi:
Don't have to go to some campus or University to study. Got it all at home. :3

Last edited:
All this school talk reminds me of how I passed 4th year and failed 2 subjects for the last term. I failed those 2 for that specific term but I got high in those same subjects in the previous 2 terms so it didn't matter at all

Exploiting the kind grading system :^)

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Wait....

what?

Elaborate gorl, pls. I certainly had no idea this was a thing for yew.
Blame the fact that I've been fighting a whole bunch of Lucario players lately so I finally know the MU a lot better now. :^)

Both Zelda and Lucario are ground based fighters and generally do not like being in the air, whether it is the opponent forcing them in the air, or as an approach in general. Both characters also love to play with fire and generally want rage to get an early kill and dictate the match, so they actually want to be at higher percentages. Now the fact that Zelda is fighting a character that pretty much has the same gameplan as her and HONESTLY doesn't have the best tools to help him out (unlike a certain fisting machine :4littlemac:) actually makes this a lot easier for the princess.

Since both characters are ground-based fighters, most of the time they will be fishing with their tilts and going for grabs. It's actually pretty easy to get a grab on either character and go for a combo. Ironically, this gameplan actually favours Zelda a lot more than Lucario because you get closer to rage and Zelda in general does kill better no matter the %s. In terms of what Lucario can do, Aura Sphere is a great move, but not against Zelda because she can reflect it if you're not throwing it out right, and that goes the same for long distance aura-raged Force Palms. Customs are in general worse off for Lucario because the slow Aura Spheres can easily be reflected and Lucario cannot really do much to punish it. Moving Force Palm is okay and can easily go through Zelda's shield (she's pretty shield happy) but it doesn't have the raw kill power that the vanilla version brings.

Once both characters are at high percentages, it's a pretty big stalemate. In theory Lucario should have an easier time killing because he has some safer options than Zelda but one mistake and he's actually dying very early before aura actually even starts kicking in. Zelda will not mind killing early and does have the tools to do so, preventing Lucario from reaching his full potential. In terms of coming back from deficits, Zelda can catch up from a deficit much better than Lucario because a 0% Zelda just after death can still get a kill on a high % Lucario easier than vice versa. If the Lucario is behind, he has to play with fire against and bet on getting high % aura to try and kill Zelda which is risky and sometimes too difficult to do.

Other things to note is that falling Nair on Lucario does a HARD knockdown if the front(?) hits connect and thus it's a VERY easy FW follow-up. OoS FW in general is a lot easier against him because his frame data isn't the greatest and aerials can be punished with such decently easily (such as Dair). And of course, Dtilt edgeguards on Lucario is hilariously effective and fun.

In the end of the day though this is still only an even MU just because it's Zelda. Lucario can still do hard hitting combos off of grabs and can use the same high risk Zelda puts in her plan against her and take over the match. Dying at 50% for both characters won't be unheard of in some situations.

PS I honestly think Lucario is not that good in this game.
I think Zelda beats MK guys, just an educated guess.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I think I seriously need some help with getting a Modest Heatran for VGC. :c

I better consult @ Soul. Soul. :yeahboi:
Since all I got are ones with bad Natures. Although Impish and Timid miiiiiight be good for it? :V

Soul.

I think I seriously need some help with getting a Modest Heatran for VGC. :c

I better consult @ Soul. Soul. :yeahboi:
Since all I got are ones with bad Natures. Although Impish and Timid miiiiiight be good for it? :V
Heatran is always Modest in VGC. Do you have a Pokémon with Synchronize and a Modest nature?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
No shame in hacking a Heatran. With that said, I spent like a week getting a Thundy and never used it.

Your starting Pokemon when catching Heatran needs to be a Modest Pokemon with the Synchronize ability.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
The trouble of catching legendary Pokémon for competitive play is what keeps me off from the series. Gen 6 is way better for IV's in breeding though so I did get into competitive VGC for X and Y. But with all the legendaries being tournament legal in ORAS, I just can't seem to find the justification for the time spent resetting the game to get the IV spread and nature you need for those.

Last edited:

Soul.

Gen 6 is the easiest Gen to breed Pokémon so far, but still a waste of time. Why can't you have your 5-6 IV Pokémon without depending on luck.
I've said this a million times but, I hope Gen 7 makes this **** a lot more easy.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
What game should I buy for 3DS?

I bought a 2DS for the sole purpose of playing Pokemon X&Y long ago.

Games I currently own:

Pokemon Y
Smash Bros.
FE:A
K you got 2 rpgs and a fighting game how about a platformer? I recommend Kirby triple deluxe or you could join us gorls who own animal crossing new leaf

Okay. So to-do list for me tomorrow (gonna sleep soon).... lab, try out the buster lock combos.... oh right, I think I think I might try Robin for now because Fire Emblem Fates is hype so to ride the hype, I'm gonna try using Robin (and hopefully not flop with her)

Not using customs with Robin even if speed thunder and fire wall are really good. I'm also dropping power vision with Shulk

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Wait, what?!?! Woah, woah, woah! @ Nairo Nairo , did you hear about this?! A full HD remake of the After Years! Woop!
AND A NEW DISSIDIA FOR PS4?! @Mericus gorl now we can have those matches!
Squeenix just please take my money!
I thought this was something announced today I was about to flip my **** omg lmao AN ACTUAL 3D MODEL RYDIA BESIDES THE OPENING!? But alas it is the one on steam similar to the DS one with updated looks(still nice though I plan on getting it)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Heatran is always Modest in VGC. Do you have a Pokémon with Synchronize and a Modest nature?
Problem. Caught it a months ago, wasn't Modest. So now I'm just relying on the luck of trades. :V (Got several Heatrans, but their natures are bad. Being Impish, Timid, etc.)
Or I can just replace it. Since I do have a solid team.

I thought this was something announced today I was about to flip my **** omg lmao AN ACTUAL 3D MODEL RYDIA BESIDES THE OPENING!? But alas it is the one on steam similar to the DS one with updated looks(still nice though I plan on getting it)
I've only played the DS remake of FF4 too. I do like it, but I'm more of a FF9 kid. :yeahboi:

Last edited:
I didn't even click the videos. I just went straight and **** my own pants because I saw Rydia and Terra in HD in two different videos (FF4:After Years trailer was CGI but Rydia is still looks good anyway)

Oh god. Please be good this time Terra.
I've only played the DS remake of FF4 too. I do like it, but I'm more of a FF9 kid. :yeahboi:
FF4 DS remake was great. FF9 was also good

****, I really need a PS4

Last edited:
Wait it's not? NOOOO!! I thought it was going to be 3D!! I'm a little sad, because it's a little overdue for a 3D revamp imo, but I guess this'll do.

Still waiting for FF6 3D remake

@ Berserker. Berserker. from what I saw, holy looks really slow now :^(

Last edited:

Soul.

Problem. Caught it a months ago, wasn't Modest. So now I'm just relying on the luck of trades. :V (Got several Heatrans, but their natures are bad. Being Impish, Timid, etc.)
Or I can just replace it. Since I do have a solid team.
This is why getting viable Legendary Pokémon in the games sucks.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
hmmmmmmmmmM whats your least favorite Final Fantasy game? I REALLY HATED XIII-2. The ending was literally so bad and I hated it.
Everyone just died, what you were fighting for. Like there was no purpose in that ending. I feel like everything I did was for nothing. I never touched the game after that. Lightning's return isn't even canon too. So she's dead the whole point of the plot was to find her and she just dies wtf.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
This is why getting viable Legendary Pokémon in the games sucks.
Agreed. And I got rid of Heatran months ago as I was in a phase where I hated Heatran. So now I'll just pray that I get a Modest nature or just replace it altogether with something different like a Magnezone or something.

Here's my team:

Stoutland
Rocky Helmet
Impish (252Def/52Atk/204HP)
Intimidate
Snarl
Helping Hand
Protect
Return

Charizard Y
Charizardite Y
Timid (252HP/52SAtk/204Spd)
Blaze/Drought
Protect
Heat Wave
Solarbeam
Focus Blast

Amoonguss
Black Sludge
Relaxed (252Def/252HP/4SAtk)
Regenerator
Protect
Giga Drain
Spore
Rage Powder

Rotom-W
Sitrus
Calm/Bold (252Def/100SAtk/156SDef)/(156Def/100SAtk/252SDef)
Protect
TBolt
WoW
Hydro Pump

Gengar
Focus Sash
Timid (252SAtk/252Spe/4HP)
Protect
Taunt
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball

I know some of these are questionable. So you can blame someone on Showdown named GirlyGirlGirl. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
So I played some video games with Nammy today

We did Smash bros first I did solo :4darkpit: 'cause he doesn't like :rosalina::4pikachu::4jigglypuff:

And electroshock killing at 0% on :castlesiege: :secretkpop:

And then we did Mario Kart

I suck *** at it so I got rekt :yeahboi:

Last edited:
I REALLY hated FFV because of this one room that had about 10 Omega Weapons running around killing everybody with wave cannon. Also Exdeath spamming death every chance he got wasn't fun either.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Ban Halberd
I knew it was ridiculous but Greninja's UAir caught me slipping up high for two easy kills at low percents
Got footstool combo'd and ended up stuck under the stage
>_>

Alphatron

Smash Champion
@ Alacion Alacion is usually online whenever I play but idle. I never get to play with you guys anymore.

I got a Vita expecting dissidia to be released for it. But I guess I shouldn't have expected anything from Sony or Square. I'm gonna go back to playing Hatsune Miku and Dillon's Rolling Western.

Final Fantasy VI is probably one of my favorite RPGs. I think I might just die if I see a 3D remake of it.
Same. I've been waiting forever for anything from Square. A 3ds remake. A console / PC HD remaster. Anything.

To be fair, I can see why FF7 gets the HD treatment first though. And that game isn't even in development yet. Hope you guys get to play FF7 HD in the year 2080 when it's finally released for the PS Infinite. Maybe by then, FF XIII Versus-I mean, FF 15 will have been released too.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Final Fantasy VI is probably one of my favorite RPGs. I think I might just die if I see a 3D remake of it.
My favourites have to be Pokemon, Xenoblade, Grandia I and II, FF9 and Breath of Fire as well. Not forgetting Disgaea either. I would say Vagrant Story but I don't think that counts.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Remember when Japan's stagelist for Smash 64 was only Dreamland?

Japan's metagame confuses me tbh

Top Bottom