• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
At least it isn't Japan
BF, FD, and like 2 other stages lmao
Yea Japan needs Lylat agreed

My region was thinking of doing a 7 list starter (which is p much FLSS for us lol) which sounds really interesting (it was: FD, BF, SV, T&C, LC, DL & DH & have Omegas as a CP. Miiverse is apparently banned because the stage doesn't work with 3DS though I see nothing wrong if it was gentleman'd to without anyone using a 3DS)

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Speaking of Greninja, i think he's honestly the ultimate character for Smash. He decimates everyone that isn't high tier and his edgeguard game is top tier. Ftilt made him unbeatable.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Afternoon gorls. It's my first ex's birthday today. Happy Birthday, I appreciated the times you cheated on me, lied to me constantly, and used me on a daily basis. What a great almost two years that was, you were the best!
image.jpg

Anyways, my favorite RPG's would have to be Mother 3 of course, Persona 4, and a tie between FFVII and FFX. I really really wanted to get into FFVIII but the battle system was just so... Not fun. I also wanted to like Lightning Returns, but just found the other two to be better. I did appreciate the fact that it was no longer Final Hallway Simulator though.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Yea Japan needs Lylat agreed

My region was thinking of doing a 7 list starter (which is p much FLSS for us lol) which sounds really interesting (it was: FD, BF, SV, T&C, LC, DL & DH & have Omegas as a CP. Miiverse is apparently banned because the stage doesn't work with 3DS though I see nothing wrong if it was gentleman'd to without anyone using a 3DS)
List sounds p good to me
Omegas as CP is kinda eehhh
How many strikes do you get with FLSS again?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Oh man, Mother 3 was incredible. Favorite RPG for a while after I played it. I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy it but I need to pick up Earthbound Beginnings soon.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
"Lucario goes even with Sheik by getting destroyed by her" is a funny way of saying the MU is even.

Like really, when you're in a MU where you get outbuttoned so hard that your gameplan is "hope she screws up when I'm at 130%+ so I can score a fraudulent KO" that doesn't sound like even MU material to me.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
"Lucario goes even with Sheik by getting destroyed by her" is a funny way of saying the MU is even.

Like really, when you're in a MU where you get outbuttoned so hard that your gameplan is "hope she screws up when I'm at 130%+ so I can score a fraudulent KO" that doesn't sound like even MU material to me.
Isn't this Lucario in a nutshell though?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Man, you're not even trying.

You didn't even get the text color right smh.
I have you know, Greninja has the best mobility specs in the game. His edgeguard ability is better than Sheiks and his kill power is Godlike. Greninja can duck under hadokens and he can footstool combo to death making him
the best character in footstool meta lol. Greninja loses to no one besides Sheik but Ftilt makes it even for sure, we are only scratching the surface of his potentisl even though he gets no results and poses no threat to anyone. Lol good thing shadow sneak can ignore trampoline right guys?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Isn't this Lucario in a nutshell though?
Then he's a bottom tier character.

But I don't personally agree with that, because while his frame data is poor he doesn't get completely shut down by every other character in the way Sheik does to him, and his kill power at lower percentages is downplayed a lot imo (he can start killing comfortably at normalish percents around 30%).

The difference is in the Sheik matchup he's dealing with a character that outspeeds him, outcamps him, and has moves with like 1/3~1/4 the startup of his and substantially less total commit time.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I know Lucario has quite a bit of start-up on his moves but just how is his frame data overall?
His fastest grounded option is grab, let's put it that way.

His endlags vary though; I'm pretty sure ftilt, fsmash, and bair are all safe on shield (after some amount of aura), for one. Then you have his jab and usmash/dsmash that just lag for years...

Soul.

bring back brawl lucario and everyone's happy.
everyone loses to sheik so why bother L O L

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
To be honest I don't really like how Lucario fights in Smash. His fighting style here just doesn't fit.

PM did a little better with him in that regard but giving Lucario Street Fighter moves was pretty stupid.

If Pokkén gets released on the Wii U I'm certainly going to look forward to play with Lucario there since the way he fights there is pretty much how I thought he should fight.

Soul.

I was hyped for Pokkén, but now I'm like "eh."
The game will sell because it's ****ing Pokémon; as far as its hypothetical competitive scene goes... I dunno lol. At least Gardevoir is a better Zelda.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Why are we talking about Lucario v Sheik matchup in Zelda social :dizzy:
I'm so confused Sharon

Anyways I just had some really good parfait I forgot how good parfait is

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lucario's Bair... It's powerful, but it's as slow as a spike... The fastest and most notable thing is his Dair. Poor chocolate-eating dog-thing...
Move Hit Frames|:4lucario:
Jab|6-8, 17-18, 35-37
Dash Attack|7-9 or 10-15
Ftilt|12-14 or 15-16
Utilt|6-13
Dtilt|9-12
Side Smash|22-23 or 24-25
Up Smash|15-17, 19-20 or 21-23
Down Smash|19-21
Nair|8-11 or 22-29
Fair|7-8
Bair|16-17
Uair|10-11 or 12-15
Dair|4-5, 11-12
Grab|6-7
Dash Grab|8-9
Pivot Grab|9-10

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I was hyped for Pokkén, but now I'm like "eh."
The game will sell because it's ****ing Pokémon; as far as its hypothetical competitive scene goes... I dunno lol. At least Gardevoir is a better Zelda.
Are they even selling it? I thought it was purely an arcade game. Unless Namco pulls what they did with Tekken 6. I was more excited for the game when I thought it would play like Tekken instead of Naruto: Ultimate Ninja.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
um wtf
lucario's bair is a spike?
Well, it stage spikes. :p

It's powerful as a spike, but doesn't spike and sends people horizontally. I kind of don't see the logic of it when it basically means Lucario is screwed if people get to his back. Meanwhile, the opposite exists for Falco, Ike, Ganondorf, and Zelda.

To be honest I don't really like how Lucario fights in Smash. His fighting style here just doesn't fit.

PM did a little better with him in that regard but giving Lucario Street Fighter moves was pretty stupid.

If Pokkén gets released on the Wii U I'm certainly going to look forward to play with Lucario there since the way he fights there is pretty much how I thought he should fight.
Eh, Aura and inner energy flows with tai chi, except Lucario kind of doesn't look like he's doing tai chi and more of swirly limb movement.

Soul.

Are they even selling it? I thought it was purely an arcade game. Unless Namco pulls what they did with Tekken 6. I was more excited for the game when I thought it would play like Tekken instead of Naruto: Ultimate Ninja.
Still a 100% arcade game. Gameplay is eh. Limited roster.
If it's staying like that, then Pika and Lucario are the best Pokémon in the game lol.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Would anyone complain if For Glory and For Fun was removed entirely and the only thing left was For Friends?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yep, Sheik has no even or disadvantageous MUs 'cause she's a thug. Warning: Swear words in lyrics. :p

The sad thing about For Glory is that there are really good players who don't have much of choice. I mean, friendlies can only take you so far and even with things like Smash Ladder, you have to look for regions, and still have to deal with keyboard warriors. It's not like going to a local and having people watch and even ridicule you if you're doing something really cheesy like what ADHD did or praise you 'cause it's a community. Watching BltzZ's videos and knowing he went to a Best Buy tournament that was poorly ran kind of makes me wished he lived closer to where ESAM does. He's got skill, but he's (might) not be in the right place to showcase it like FullMoon or Macchiato and plenty more.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Welp. Went onto trading some more, got a Shiny Heatran but it's a Calm Nature.

smh. :C

Just gimme a Modest Heatran. I'm begging you. ;~;
I have a heatran but I have no idea what anything is on him, I could check but not right now cuz food

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
@ Alacion Alacion is usually online whenever I play but idle. I never get to play with you guys anymore.

I got a Vita expecting dissidia to be released for it. But I guess I shouldn't have expected anything from Sony or Square. I'm gonna go back to playing Hatsune Miku and Dillon's Rolling Western.

Same. I've been waiting forever for anything from Square. A 3ds remake. A console / PC HD remaster. Anything.

To be fair, I can see why FF7 gets the HD treatment first though. And that game isn't even in development yet. Hope you guys get to play FF7 HD in the year 2080 when it's finally released for the PS Infinite. Maybe by then, FF XIII Versus-I mean, FF 15 will have been released too.
Sorry. I'm not even on *that* much but I don't let others in a room when there's somebody else.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Yep, Sheik has no even or disadvantageous MUs 'cause she's a thug. Warning: Swear words in lyrics. :p

The sad thing about For Glory is that there are really good players who don't have much of choice. I mean, friendlies can only take you so far and even with things like Smash Ladder, you have to look for regions, and still have to deal with keyboard warriors. It's not like going to a local and having people watch and even ridicule you if you're doing something really cheesy like what ADHD did or praise you 'cause it's a community. Watching BltzZ's videos and knowing he went to a Best Buy tournament that was poorly ran kind of makes me wished he lived closer to where ESAM does. He's got skill, but he's (might) not be in the right place to showcase it like FullMoon or Macchiato and plenty more.
I mean I do have some locals I can go to, but they're more dedicated to P:M than to Sm4sh and basically they only play it if I'm around. The players there are not bad but of course I do much better than them just because I play this more than them.

Brazil does have a scene, but unfortunately it's mainly center in another state and I do not have the means or the money to travel around to do tournaments and the like.

And even assuming I managed to become the best Sm4sh player in Brazil, it's probably not much to brag about since it's not like anybody cares about this country Smash-wise so eh.

For Glory is dumb but I probably wouldn't enjoy this game as much without it.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I find Pokken kind of meh... It has potential, and I see what it's trying to do, but I don't think that it's working out. You got it so right when you mentioned that it plays like Naruto: Ultimate Ninja (Storm) instead or something more traditional. I hope the final product is better than what we've seen so far.

On the topic of tournaments, my issue is the fact that I refuse to use top tiers in them, and want to win with my actual main instead. When you're Zelda going up against every one of her worst match ups back to back, it just gets depressing, but you don't want to be cheap and switch to one of the best three characters in the game. I'd rather take pride in the fact that I won without cheating by using a far better character just for the sake of winning. There are local tourneys where I live quite often, but the biggest ones are the annual October and April tournaments that have 50+ people (I'm terrible at counting, there are probably more than that) enter each year. In every one of the local tournaments I've entered, I've never lost to anyone that wasn't the winner or runner up. Doubles tournaments have always been where I shine, but you hardly ever find those.

Top Bottom