• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
My friend and I played Team For Fun today. It's gotten worse since the last time. Worse as in it's becoming more like For Glory.
We played against a team that changed their tags to "worthless" and "pathetic" after bearing us. Wow you beat us with big boy items nobody cares. -_- I left him a friendly little Miiverse post so let's see what he says.
There was a Kirby who spammed down b and his name was "ILoveWeed". My friend told me he got the joke. I asked him what the joke was. "He's stoned, so he's turning into his stone a lot."
I'm done.
At least the person the Kirby was teamed with was nice and friendly.
Also Mc Donalds WiFi was everywhere like get an actual internet connection before playing.

Rizen

Smash Legend
My friend and I played Team For Fun today. It's gotten worse since the last time. Worse as in it's becoming more like For Glory.
We played against a team that changed their tags to "worthless" and "pathetic" after bearing us. Wow you beat us with big boy items nobody cares. -_- I left him a friendly little Miiverse post so let's see what he says.
There was a Kirby who spammed down b and his name was "ILoveWeed". My friend told me he got the joke. I asked him what the joke was. "He's stoned, so he's turning into his stone a lot."
I'm done.
At least the person the Kirby was teamed with was nice and friendly.
Also Mc Donalds WiFi was everywhere like get an actual internet connection before playing.
This is why I don't play FG.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Someone's spewing lies...

BAN•ESAM

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Someone's spewing lies...

BAN•ESAM
no he's spreading truths
which goes against our code of conduct and thus we must punish him
Gorls quickly we must grab our Din's fire and BAN*ESAM

course we'll all just miss and get QA'd into oblivion but still

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Does it even matter if Zelda is the worst character? There potentially being 2-3 characters just as bad or worse than she is doesn't help her do any better against the majority of the cast. She is one of the worst, for sure, and she is relatively poor off when compared to the rest of the cast.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Honestly, I have a hard time believing Bowser and Ganon are the worst necessarily. The bottom is just kind of a crowd. But if anything, that speaks towards the balance of the game. At least we don't a Meta Knight tier and a Ganondorf tier like in Brawl.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
This is why I don't play FG.
But I wasn't playing For Glory.
I WAS PLAYING FOR FUN
AND IT WASN'T EVEN FUN

Well I got to spread the BAN•ZELDA tag which is always fun but none of the matches were fun.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Well, what you have to do is act tsundere to every possible Zelda ship to get them to like you

Then betray them when they least expect it :secretkpop:

FF isn't fun unless you make it fun~
It's even better when you're trying to find friends online.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Berserker. Berserker. is that you? You changed your name back? If so can you link me to the Shulk power vision example videos and data? I'm trying to show someone how OP it is. Thanks.

PS
Are you watching Markiplier's LP of 'Layers of Fear'? I am loving it so far :awesome:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Trailer of a new tournament in Brazil came out and I'm featured as a top player

It feels really weird to be featured in something like this but it also feels pretty good. Granted, the Brazil scene is pretty small (this tournament will have at most 64 people in it because the place where it'll be hosted is too small for too many people for one thing, so I dunno if this even counts as a regional, the prize isn't even money =V) so it's not much of an achievement but hey I certainly won't complain about it.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

It feels really weird to be featured in something like this but it also feels pretty good. Granted, the Brazil scene is pretty small (this tournament will have at most 64 people in it because the place where it'll be hosted is too small for too many people for one thing, so I dunno if this even counts as a regional, the prize isn't even money =V) so it's not much of an achievement but hey I certainly won't complain about it.
-Is that really what you look like?
-Are those glasses for nearsightedness or farsightedness?
-Do you really have a Greninja outfit?
-Is your name really FullMoon?
-Do you play on Delfino often?
-Why are there so many Greninjas over there in Brazil?
These are the questions I need answered right now.
Also so much Sonic ew.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
-Is that really what you look like?
It's pretty accurate, for the most part.

-Are those glasses for nearsightedness or farsightedness?
I have myopia so the former.

-Do you really have a Greninja outfit?
No, they just wanted to make a drawing of all players dressed as their mains and their prefered color palette

I would totally pay for a Greninja themed outfit though.

-Is your name really FullMoon?
No lol.

-Do you play on Delfino often?
That was an Anther's match back when the stage was still legal there, I don't like playing on Delfino much but I got CP'd there for that match.

If you play me you most likely will see me bringing you to T&C or an Omega most of the time lol.

-Why are there so many Greninjas over there in Brazil?
He's a ninja frog.

Berserker. Berserker. is that you? You changed your name back? If so can you link me to the Shulk power vision example videos and data? I'm trying to show someone how OP it is. Thanks.

PS
Are you watching Markiplier's LP of 'Layers of Fear'? I am loving it so far :awesome:
Yes

I, Berserker., have finally returned from the depths of hell

Literally. These past 2 weeks have been hell

**** research papers

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Gorl you look like a supervillian

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
Yes

I, Berserker., have finally returned from the depths of hell

Literally. These past 2 weeks have been hell

**** research papers
Fun. I have also returned from depths of hell as well and have channeled my inner Saitama, which somehow transformed my Link avatar into what it is now.

Trying to find some more time to go to Smashboards and play more Sm4sh lately because college junior year is busy AF. All-nighters, plus tons of extra-curriculars for me nowadays and having to juggle being a band pianist and soloist back in school. Pretty sure there was a time I lived on pizza, coffee and beer for three weeks straight

No more time for the game nor for me to be with all you gorls lately.... </3
Until now I guess :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Done another round today to make up for not doing any in the weekend. And I managed to unlock the Weird Mushroom in Mario Maker. So I crated a new level called "Weird Mario's Spooky Walk" (Does not contain Boos. :c)

(I also found a yuri pic of Yu-Gi-Oh!. A genderswapped Kaiba and Yami. :V)

Anyone looking forward to the Direct today? :yeahboi:

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron

Done another round today to make up for not doing any in the weekend. And I managed to unlock the Weird Mushroom in Mario Maker. So I crated a new level called "Weird Mario's Spooky Walk" (Does not contain Boos. :c)

Oooh, the direct! Praying to Nayru for balance patches in Zelda's favor, but we all know how Sakurai treats our princess :secretkpop:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Ayyy time to talk about potential patch stuff that could happen :secretkpop:

How many characters need nerfs? IMO only two. And honestly, they should only be MARGINAL nerfs tbh. Don't gut them.

:4sheik: UpB (THIS MOVE IS A BIT TOO GOOD)
- Make the first hit kill 10-15% later
- Remove the second hit hitbox/windbox
- Remove that weird no ending lag thing when she uses it diagonally upwards onstage

:4sheik:NeutralB
- Maybe make it less abusable? Like it was in Melee (ie doesn't pop the opponents that high up to be used over and over again)

:4zss:UpB (CANCEROUS)
- Nerf the knockback or base knockback growth. Pls.
- AND/OR make the last hit's trajectory more horizontal so it's easier to DI and survive it
- WE ALSO NEED A SURE WAY TO DI OUT OF THIS MOVE PLS

:4zss:Bair
- LITERALLY HER BEST MOVE
- Reduce knockback of the move
- AND/OR add 2-3 extra frames of ending lag
- WHY IS IT INFINITELY BETTER THAN :4samus:'s BAIR I DUN EVN

IMO all the other high tier characters are good as they are. But maybe fix those hitboxes, Sakurai. :4shulk:kiiiinda needs those lost hitboxes you gave to those janky characters :4sonic: and :4falcon: ://///

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
No matter how much you nerf the knockback of ZSS Up+B it will always cheese off the top unless you make bigger changes.

All you have to do to fix the move is one of the following two options:
- change the angle to be more horizontal, make it so people STOP FALLING OUT OF IT AT HIGH % BECAUSE RAGELOL
- Increase SDI modifier to keep low % cheese if people really can't ****ing SDI one year into the metagame even with increased SDI they deserved it at this point. Increasing SDI multiplier would also let fatties squirm out which I think is important.

Also I'd say Samus Bair is a better move attached to a worse character. Samus Bair is legit ****ing dumb when spaced properly.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
It would be nice if the lower part of the roster got minor buffs where they need them. Look at how a few little tweaks improved characters like Ike and Robin. I'd like to see a little less lag on some of Link's moves, like a frame 5 jab (c'mon it only does 10% in the combo and starts frame 7?!).
Zelda obviously could use buffs but I'm not sure how to implement them.
G&W needs a bit more launch power and he's okay.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
It would be nice if the lower part of the roster got minor buffs where they need them. Look at how a few little tweaks improved characters like Ike and Robin. I'd like to see a little less lag on some of Link's moves, like a frame 5 jab (c'mon it only does 10% in the combo and starts frame 7?!).
Zelda obviously could use buffs but I'm not sure how to implement them.
G&W needs a bit more launch power and he's okay.
Ike got more than a few tweaks. He got an entire character revamp. Legit most of his moveset that was relevant has been changed for the better.

All I want out of this "patch" assuming it even does balance changes is Doc pills to be better. That's really it. I'm not incredibly picky.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I doubt there will be a patch, but I'll list some stuff anyway.

Sheik: UpB definitely needs some sort of change. It's always had invincibility, and the lagless landing was in Brawl too (possibly Melee as well?) but it was OK then because she sucked in Brawl, lol. Now with her being the best character and the fact that recoveries are really good (unlike Melee), it's kinda silly. I say less invincibility or a little less KB (maybe just killing like 10% later).

Rosalinda: Luma's Uair needs to die.

ZSS: UpB KB should be slightly reduced, but in return, make it connect better. DownB's spike shouldn't be as strong as it is.

Zelda: Buff the FAF on Dtilt (we should be able to Dtilt fast Fallers at 0% and not be punished on hit...also Dtilt having more guaranteed stuff at more % ranges would be amazing), and give Nair another landing lag buff (maybe just 2 frames off this time). Reduce Phantom lag...again.

Samus: Better hitboxes for Fsmash. It whiffs for no reason way too often. Make Ftilt's sourspots not worthless. Make Jab better...somehow. Oh, and make her Uair connect better. Unless she somehow benefits from it not autolinking...?

MewTwo: Make him better somehow. Not sure how but it needs to be done, lol.

That's all I can think of for now. I just kinda slapped this together, so a few things might not make sense.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK

I'm planning on watching it after I get out of work today. Do you post Yuri pics on this thread everyday? But don't get the wrong idea, it's not like I like it or anything...

who am I kidding, Yuri is life.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Waiting for SmashBoards to crash

Cloud's an...interesting choice. Definitely wasn't expecting.

I missed the first half of the Direct though and apparently there's something that will make me really happy.

Edit: OMG IT'S TRUE YESS AND THAT AMIIBO FINALLY

*ahem*

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
how did I double post the exact same thing

Last edited:
Top Bottom