• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
it's like you're trying to trigger me
Well, we've all made jokes about Melee Kirby, why not swordfighter?
Also, I thought about it. But I dismissed the idea. Surely Samurai wouldn't have programmed something so ridiculous inro the game.
I looked up today and held a moment of silence for Robin mains
Robin run speed:1.15
Marth walk speed:1.5
WHY

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
Books are heavy.
Or maybe he's weighed down by having to carry his entire army.
It could also be someone did the terrible act of making his worst stat speed.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I sat through Episode 16 of Ace Attorney.

Still awful. :V

But there were some very big changes I noticed:
- The Magatama is not even used in the anime. As in that one main mechanic from the games is just removed from the anime.
- And Wright doesn't even go to the Hotti Clinic and talk to the "Doctor" about the plastic surgery that Ini Miney had.
- Pearl doesn't explain how she got to the Courthouse. In the game, she said she ran all the way from the Kurain Village to the Courthouse instead of taking the train.
- This still annoys me. That they replaced the one bit of evidence being the bullet hole in the sleeve of Maya's ceremonial robes with the damn tiara.

This show gets 1 :4zelda: out of 5.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So maybe we should seize every opportunity we can...

I met this girl at my sister's wedding who was really pretty and we were having a good time and I was going to ask her out. Then I had to go clean up some things from the ceremony and when I got back to the reception some guy had come along and asked her to dance. Today those 2 got married...

F***in' hax

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
So maybe we should seize every opportunity we can...

I met this girl at my sister's wedding who was really pretty and we were having a good time and I was going to ask her out. Then I had to go clean up some things from the ceremony and when I got back to the reception some guy had come along and asked her to dance. Today those 2 got married...

F***in' hax
The real life equivalent of dying to a nine

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Well, we've all made jokes about Melee Kirby, why not swordfighter?
Also, I thought about it. But I dismissed the idea. Surely Samurai wouldn't have programmed something so ridiculous inro the game.
I looked up today and held a moment of silence for Robin mains
Robin run speed:1.15
Marth walk speed:1.5
WHY
Maybe someone needs to do this to make Robin better

upload_2016-7-23_15-38-33.png

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Gorls! GORLS!! GORRRRRLLLLSSS!!!!
Look what I just caught!!
Math is finally working!!!

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Gorls! GORLS!! GORRRRRLLLLSSS!!!!
Look what I just caught!!
Math is finally working!!!
Did you actually get 2 shinies in the span of like, 3 days

I've only gotten 3 random shinies in my whole life

Granted, you all lived longer than me soooo...

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I actually managed to get roughly about five shinies legit without trading.

One in Ruby which was a Swablu. And four in Y, Illumise and Fletchinder within the SAME week. And a Chimchar which I got through breeding, and a Geodude during a horde battle. :V

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Pretty sure I've gotten...7, I think?...without doing anything to make it easier, like the pokenav method you could do in the Sinnoh games after a certain point.

An Aron in Emerald.
A Pidgey and Zubat in Fire Red.
A Starly in Platinum.
An Azurill in Y that I loved and cherished into a dragon killing monstrosity.

And I know I'm missing afew.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

I've only gotten 3 random shinies in my whole life

Yeah you've only been alive since last night, that's pretty impressive. Are you sure that Jose doesn't have a GameShark?

I'm guessing I' getting so lucky because I can't actually use these guys in my play through. The game is taunting me.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Yeah you've only been alive since last night, that's pretty impressive. Are you sure that Jose doesn't have a GameShark?

I'm guessing I' getting so lucky because I can't actually use these guys in my play through. The game is taunting me.
This is where after your nuzlocke you promptly trade them to a different save before ever getting rid of that file.

I caught two shinies that I remember. There was the audino I pained over looking for after weeks of REs, and the Alomomola I found after 9 REs. :> I love both of those Pokemon so yay

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
This is where after your nuzlocke you promptly trade them to a different save before ever getting rid of that file.

I caught two shinies that I remember. There was the audino I pained over looking for after weeks of REs, and the Alomomola I found after 9 REs. :> I love both of those Pokemon so yay
Idk if I have the means to get them all the way to gen 6 or not..,

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I remember in ORAS I hatched both a shiny treecko and a shiny sableye thru IV Breeding. They where both competitively viable too, I was so happy!

:150:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
In silver I killed a shiny stantler when trying to weaken it
In Sapphire on two occasions I ran into a shiny Roselia when out of pokeballs on my way back to town. Also got a shiny Vileplume somehow but I don't remember the origin story to that.

and then in X, I caught a shiny...
- Clauncher
- Remoraid
- another Remoraid 3 casts later
- Clamperl
- Magikarp
- Whismur
- Weepinbell
- Gligar
- Ditto
- another Ditto
- Staryu
- Klefki
- Smeargle
- some other thing in a horde that i can't remember

gen 6 made shinies too available lol

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I've only randomly found 1 shiny ever, it was a Tympole in White. I ended up trading it with a friend for a shiny Mudkip (and now it's on my ORAS team as a Mega Swampert :D).

I found a shiny Seaking using that Fishing method in X but I never used it for anything.

I've gotten quite a few shinies through the Masuda method. Mareep, Ralts, Feebas, Magnemite, and Audino are the only ones I can remember right now but there may be more. I may need to Masuda a shiny Shellos since Gastrodon has somehow become one of my favorite Pokémon.

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
I've found 3 shinies, but lost two of them. I lost a shiny Zubat by misclicking the run button (I'm so dumb) and I accidentally deleted a shiny pidgey when I restarted my file of Heartgold. I still have a shiny Trapinch from Y though.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've found 3 shinies, but lost two of them. I lost a shiny Zubat by misclicking the run button (I'm so dumb) and I accidentally deleted a shiny pidgey when I restarted my file of Heartgold. I still have a shiny Trapinch from Y though.
I will most definitely try Shiny Hunting in Gen 7. Since I really wanna see what kind of new Pokemon I can get and what their shiny forms are like.

Speaking of which. I actually did run into a Shiny Kricketune in Gen 4, but my Luxray decided to be a douche and KO it. :V
And I did get the Legendary Beasts in Gen 4 for the Zoroark event, which I'm still proud of. Extreme Speed + Sacred Fire is so good. <3

Trading wise, I did get myself a couple. Like a shiny Misdreavus, and that Ditto I mentioned before through Wonder Trade (The Ditto is a Japanese, Shiny with Imposter as its Ability, Timid as its Nature, and 31 IVs in every stat).

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
These are the only 2 I've ever run across and I used to hatch eggs for days with the sole purpose of getting a shiny. I've also lost countless hours trying to soft reset at legendaries and starters trying so hard to get shinies.

Now that I have a Shiny Ditto I should name it Reserved and torture it in the daycare with constant breeding. The ****.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I remember my first shiny was a Lickitung in my Platinum. I didn't even know what a shiny was lol
I was around 8 and I thought "Oh, might as well catch it"
The stupid thing could't get into the damn pokeball so I just ran away

I'm a stupid kid

One Christmas I found a shiny Spearow and got a shiny Krookodile card on the same day so that was cool

Then I found a shiny Frillish when EV training in Black 2

That's about all for random encounters

Events I got 2 of the beasts (no Suicune ;-; ) shiny Gabite, shiny Haxorus

And I purposely found a shiny Lugia in SoulSilver (about 2000 SRs) and bred a shiny Eevee. It had perfect IVs except for attack so I went and got myself an Umbreon :3

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
My first shiny was a Torchic in Pokemon Dark Rising, which wasn't even the right color scheme lol. I didn't get a shiny in a real Pokemon game until I found a shiny Foongus in a horde battle while EV training in Pokemon X one day. I then found a shiny Zangoose later on and that's the last shiny I've caught.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Late as usual, but if I did anything noteworthy for the collab, you're welcome to take it off my channel and other places you find. I'm still trying to find and upload videos from other things. Hopefully I'll get it done by tonight.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Late as usual, but if I did anything noteworthy for the collab, you're welcome to take it off my channel and other places you find. I'm still trying to find and upload videos from other things. Hopefully I'll get it done by tonight.
How did EVO go for you btw Ven?

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
How did EVO go for you btw Ven?
Uhm, it was okkk. I'm still upset about my remote really. I was also very unhappy to hear that other players got to use their wii-mote when I wasn't. I feel like if they would of just let me use it, it would have avoided losing it. Aside from losing it though, I did have a nice time meeting people and what not. I'm not mad at my losses because they were really great players. I was happy to hear that Vinnie was asking Tyrant for advice about playing me so that made me feel good lol. Vinnie was also very nice too and wished me lucked for the rest of my bracket. I also go to meet some """""fans""""" who supported me so that felt nice. I also ran into Nietono and thanked him again for his advice. I also hung out at the Panda Global house for a bit and that was nice meeting all of the ones I didn't know. Aside from EVO being run badly-ish, just being with the other smashers was an enjoyable time. ALSO, I found out I had great synergy with a PR bayo payer here. So I found a new smash partner too. We doubled money matched like all day and managed to beat Frozn and Bestness. We also got to play Ranai and Komorikiri in doubles MM. It also felt good when they cheered me on when I was stuck in a 2 v 1 situation against Frozn and Bestness ( WHICH I MANAGED TO CLUTCH OUT SOMEHOW). Overall, I just enjoyed everyone's company and support~

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Uhm, it was okkk. I'm still upset about my remote really. I was also very unhappy to hear that other players got to use their wii-mote when I wasn't. I feel like if they would of just let me use it, it would have avoided losing it. Aside from losing it though, I did have a nice time meeting people and what not. I'm not mad at my losses because they were really great players. I was happy to hear that Vinnie was asking Tyrant for advice about playing me so that made me feel good lol. Vinnie was also very nice too and wished me lucked for the rest of my bracket. I also go to meet some """""fans""""" who supported me so that felt nice. I also ran into Nietono and thanked him again for his advice. I also hung out at the Panda Global house for a bit and that was nice meeting all of the ones I didn't know. Aside from EVO being run badly-ish, just being with the other smashers was an enjoyable time. ALSO, I found out I had great synergy with a PR bayo payer here. So I found a new smash partner too. We doubled money matched like all day and managed to beat Frozn and Bestness. We also got to play Ranai and Komorikiri in doubles MM. It also felt good when they cheered me on when I was stuck in a 2 v 1 situation against Frozn and Bestness ( WHICH I MANAGED TO CLUTCH OUT SOMEHOW). Overall, I just enjoyed everyone's company and support~
It's a shame to hear on how bad the staff and organizers were. But at least you had fun with the other players. :yeahboi:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Oh! Checking my Pokemon White, I also caught a shiny fem!Tranquill, which is already now an Unfeasant. I think it was in a double battle, I know it was in Pinwheel forest.

In other news, McKnightlíght McKnightlíght 's recent shiny success got me inspired to go onto my Pkmn White again, and, dare possibly, hunt for a shiny.

So at first I ran around I think it was route 10? I thought I'd go where I looked for Audino before for funzy. Wasn't finding any and THEN remembered you only find ha in "shaky" grass. That was what I'd done to get my first shiny Audino.

Holy hell how did I do it last time. My patience must have been Saint-like. It takes 30 years to get grass to "shake," and then if it ain't right on the grass edge, you better be using repels because literally every time I would encounter something else on the first step into the grass.

BUT THE MAX REPEL ONLY LASTS FOR LIKE, A MINUTE WHEN YOU HAVE YO SPRINT AROUND FOR 30 YEARS TO MAKE GRASS WIGGLE.

So anyways I gave up there and messeT around in Pinwheel forest and REs, since there's that patch where you can get double battles. Got bored and remembered something instead.

ShorT story inside shorT story (I promise there's a good point to this) I was OBSESSED with getting a shiny Maractus way back when I played. I'd tried dancing around in the desert for Maractus REs, (there's a way to make their rate rise via repel trick I think) but that made me want to die + sandstorm sucked, so I instead turned to the Masuda egg hatching method.

I had MANAGED to trade over the GTS for a Japanese Maractus male, and made it so the sexy times with a fem Maractus. I think I'd gotten to around 50-80 hatches back then, but no luck. It is like, 1/1037 or so with the Masuda method.

Anyways I resorted to the sexy Maractus times again today after wanting to kill myself with REs of boredom. I mean, biking back and forth over the daycare route (which has a lovely straight portion) is also hella boring, but it felt way more promising than 1/8192 in REs. I only managed to remember after about a dozen eggs that I should be bringing my Flame Body Fire moth so that eggs hatch in half the time lol.

So pretty clean 5-egg cycle. 4 hatch, put them away if non-shiny, get 4 more because my two Maractus breed like friggin' rabbits like, wow.
image.jpeg

I LITERALLY CANNOT.

THIS WAS EGG 17

SEVENTEEN.

When the hatch screen faded back and it was shiny I had that mini-heart-attack feeling that I always get when I find a legit shiny. But don't worry momma is fine! Better than that!

Yayoi is the Japanese name of Coco from Animal Crossing, and I randomly decided on that earlier should I hatch a shiny.

PRAISE THE MASUDA METHOD. I AM A BELIEVER NOW.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Oh! Checking my Pokemon White, I also caught a shiny fem!Tranquill, which is already now an Unfeasant. I think it was in a double battle, I know it was in Pinwheel forest.

In other news, McKnightlíght McKnightlíght 's recent shiny success got me inspired to go onto my Pkmn White again, and, dare possibly, hunt for a shiny.

So at first I ran around I think it was route 10? I thought I'd go where I looked for Audino before for funzy. Wasn't finding any and THEN remembered you only find ha in "shaky" grass. That was what I'd done to get my first shiny Audino.

Holy hell how did I do it last time. My patience must have been Saint-like. It takes 30 years to get grass to "shake," and then if it ain't right on the grass edge, you better be using repels because literally every time I would encounter something else on the first step into the grass.

BUT THE MAX REPEL ONLY LASTS FOR LIKE, A MINUTE WHEN YOU HAVE YO SPRINT AROUND FOR 30 YEARS TO MAKE GRASS WIGGLE.

So anyways I gave up there and messeT around in Pinwheel forest and REs, since there's that patch where you can get double battles. Got bored and remembered something instead.

ShorT story inside shorT story (I promise there's a good point to this) I was OBSESSED with getting a shiny Maractus way back when I played. I'd tried dancing around in the desert for Maractus REs, (there's a way to make their rate rise via repel trick I think) but that made me want to die + sandstorm sucked, so I instead turned to the Masuda egg hatching method.

I had MANAGED to trade over the GTS for a Japanese Maractus male, and made it so the sexy times with a fem Maractus. I think I'd gotten to around 50-80 hatches back then, but no luck. It is like, 1/1037 or so with the Masuda method.

Anyways I resorted to the sexy Maractus times again today after wanting to kill myself with REs of boredom. I mean, biking back and forth over the daycare route (which has a lovely straight portion) is also hella boring, but it felt way more promising than 1/8192 in REs. I only managed to remember after about a dozen eggs that I should be bringing my Flame Body Fire moth so that eggs hatch in half the time lol.

So pretty clean 5-egg cycle. 4 hatch, put them away if non-shiny, get 4 more because my two Maractus breed like friggin' rabbits like, wow.
View attachment 112884
I LITERALLY CANNOT.

THIS WAS EGG 17

SEVENTEEN.

When the hatch screen faded back and it was shiny I had that mini-heart-attack feeling that I always get when I find a legit shiny. But don't worry momma is fine! Better than that!

Yayoi is the Japanese name of Coco from Animal Crossing, and I randomly decided on that earlier should I hatch a shiny.

PRAISE THE MASUDA METHOD. I AM A BELIEVER NOW.
Takes me 17 years
Takes you 17 eggs

Seems fair.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord

I've only gotten 3 random shinies in my whole lifew

I'm likely younger considering my age is probably one of the youngest on the site. I've only found one Shiny, a Bunnlby (Something like that) in X. Successfully caught it.

Anyway! I'm finally finished in what characters to use in Smash. I thought about counterpicks, different styles of play and if there was something about them that I needed to demonstrate.
My result?
I'm going to use King Dedede, Toon Link, Wario and Pit all equally. No point in calling them mains all there is four of 'em.
King Dedede is a ridiculously underrated character. I want to show that he isn't a bottom ten and that he can be a nasty threat for some higher characters than him.
Toon Link is a character that I realized is actually BROKEN. Certainly not as bad as old Meta Knight and Cloud, but a amazing character nonetheless. However, so many people sleep on him and look upon him as a mere Mid-Tier. I have only seen one non-Toon Link main acknowledging how strong he is. Also I love how this character plays, zoning all the way to high percentages where you start intimidating the opponent into making a mistake and capitalizing on it. I also love Toon Link as a video game character in general.
Wario is there because I've put a bit too much work into him to be worth dropping him. He can switch between two playstyles almost flawlessly and Waft is basically the scariest thing to go against fighting a Wario. He also has FIVE TAUNTS! Wario is stuck in this awkward position where he isn't getting buffs due to being a balanced character, but isn't good enough to win a major. So it's up to Warios to push him to limits, and break them!
Pit is there because out of all the All Rounders and Rush Down characters in the game, he flows the best with me. The other three are pretty defensive, but Pit is different. Also Arrow might be the best projectile in the game.
Now I'm settled

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've found a few shinies

First shiny I ever got was a Vullaby I bred in Black through MM. It took 313 eggs, which isn't that many, but I also hatched thousands of eggs for other species of Pokemon. Like, I did 1000+ eggs for like probably 20-30 different Pokemon with no luck before I got Vullaby. My Vullaby is now a Mandibuzz and she's still in my copy of OR.

First RE shiny was in my first playthrough of X. It was an Absol and I found it near that town where you revive fossils. I found some other shinies in X, such as Cubchoo, Whismur, and Wingull in hordes while EV training. I also found a shiny HA Fletchinder in the Friend Safari. I think that's all of them, but i might have missed some.

When Moon releases, I might try to MM a Spritzee, just so I can have one since it's my favorite Pokemon. However, I might want to have a shiny 7th gen Pokemon instead (like Comfey because Comfey is life).

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So maybe I over trained for this...

I'm level 29...

So I guess I win that badge

Top Bottom