• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I still want to try to figure out how to make a respectable intro for my YT channel. I don't have photoshop, so maybe I'll figure out how to get that first.

I wish I had any artistic attention to detail but I just don't.

Sidenote: I think that's what makes me a different musician. Instead of attention to detail I just don't pay attention to anything.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
I think I'll change my YouTube banner again
Hey everyone! So I'm more than halfway done editing our Powerpuff Gorls 2 video! So that means that all participants should try and get their song selection and banner ready!

To be 100% sure I have received your banner/music, please PRIVATE MESSAGE ME! Some of you already have done so, so that's fine. Reminder that if you DON'T have a banner, PLEASE message Lorde Lorde and that gorl will help you make one (Spritz gorl you should also message me all the banners you have made to me as well pls)

Thanks all!
You should have my music and banner already, right?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I think I'll change my YouTube banner again

You should have my music and banner already, right?
yep! yours is the first one that has confirmation of both music and banner!

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
damn in damn it damn it damn it!

Erika's Bellossom 1 shotted CrispyT (Nidoking) because it got a crit solar beam.

And then Tangela almost killed Ricky (Raikou) several times because tangela got 5 crits. I was just spamming the potions... CrispT is the first member of my Elite Four team to die...

On a more positive note.

Route 16: lvl 27 Slugma
Nickname: Nairo

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Also gorls keep in mind to not use licensed music for your Powerpuff Gorls submission. I want to be able to watch the video over here in germany :secretkpop:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Also gorls keep in mind to not use licensed music for your Powerpuff Gorls submission. I want to be able to watch the video over here in germany :secretkpop:
How is Germany so strict about that stuff? What is the benefit?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
People can be fun to play against even if they main a character that is usually seen as annoying. Ex: Rizen Rizen 's Link.
The only exception is Yoshi mains since they take a blood oath to be annoying, forever and always. Don't hail Yoshi.
Is it considered throwing shade if it's also the truth? idk gorls

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It's been a while since I updated so here I go:
Fiery Path: Ricky the Pinsir.
Route 113: Tony-kun the Cacnea.
Route 114: Phil the Shellder.
Meteor Falls: Eddie the Absol.
Nothing too eventful happened up to this point, next was the Mt. Chimney battle where Maxie tried his best to beat me with two Spoink. Easy victory.
Jagged Pass: Cress the Bellsprout.

Then I wanted to grind at the Gym, but a Poliwrath used Submission and finished Tony-kun. I am ashamed of how careless I was.

So, what's left is to grind before fighting Asuna. I have learned my lesson. I'll be more cautious in the future.
:196:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ffamran Ffamran about Brawl SDI.

Lavani already said things about how the Double Stick helped and allowed important stuff: https://youtu.be/1AY34O9eFYA?t=16m35s look closely to Wizzrobe and how he moved through the jablock, and specially through Pika's Fsmash.
But there has to be more to it.
For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aup8wXHY6G4
M2K was able to escape Dancing Blade with DI alone (I don't think he SDI'd at all), so a the mechanics behind DI/SDI have to be different than they are at Smash 4.

That being said, it pains me how low opinion people have on Brawl.
So much I don't really want to try to defend it, it's always so frustrating.
Brawl is still my favorite Smash game.
Mhmm... Thanks, Kyo. I should try to find more information on SDI, but now... I'm beginning to question if SDI was necessary on anything outside of stuff like items and hazards or even a necessary mechanic in Smash. Part of me feels like if stuff was contained enough, there might not be a need for SDI. That being said, not knowing enough about SDI and competitive Brawl and Melee and 64, I really shouldn't be saying anything.

For Brawl or any Smash game, I really didn't care about any of them to have high or low opinions of them. Smash as a whole was just some game to have fun. Didn't care if it was 64, Melee, Brawl, or Smash 4. I knew the consequences of looking at Smash from a competitive aspect, being a character moderator, and looking at any of them in-depth, frame data and all... That being said, I drive all my negativity onto Falco. Actually, now that I think about it, I think the only thing I really dislike about Smash in general is Falco. Not the character, but what the developers give him that pisses me off. In each game, Falco always has things that are either blatantly broken or a, "What the hell were you thinking, developers?" I think if I was invested into any other character, I don't think I would be as pissed as I am with Falco. There might be stuff where I go, "Really?", such as Brawl Fox's Fair and Dair, but Falco just pisses me off. Anyway, I digress.

Yes, there are unsavory things like knowing one of your favorite characters had an unfair advantage with extreme disjoints or that another was screwed by having a much higher meteor frame cancel than everyone else, but it's not enough. It really isn't enough to make me dislike any of them; it's not enough to not make me smile when I think of 64 and wanting to get it as kid just to play as Luigi (and Link), not remember having fun with matches against my cousin in Melee, or getting a Wii just for Brawl, especially after learning that Snake was going to be in the freaking game -- Brawl was in development during the time I discovered Metal Gear (and Devil May Cry) --, or not feel nostalgic seeing Link, Mario, Mega Man, PAC-MAN, and Sonic all in one game even though I only grew up with The Legend of Zelda and Mario. Also, how can I look back in disappointment when Smash introduced me or made me a bigger fan of games like Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Metroid, and Star Fox? I think the only reason I'm into Street Fighter now is because of Ryu. Made me more curious about SF. But that's just one side of the story...

Competitively, it's just dependent on what I like. I like watching Wolf play, so I look up Brawl and PM Wolf videos. Not really fond of certain characters, but I'm not going to trash on them. If anything, I might stick a while to see if there's anything I can learn or just watch how the player controls their character. That's a cool part: the player's style and decisions. Another thing is that there's always merit. Different games are just that and how they're played has different things of merit. Don't know how to explain it further than that. Maybe I just like watching competitive Smash.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
:D

Also Evan, will I forever be the dead Mudkip on your other file?
Yes, you live in a graveyard that was thrown in the trash.

And you were a wooper, don't romanticize the past.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
It's been a while since I updated so here I go:
Fiery Path: Ricky the Pinsir.

Route 113: Tony-kun the Cacnea.
Route 114: Phil the Shellder.
Meteor Falls: Eddie the Absol.
Nothing too eventful happened up to this point, next was the Mt. Chimney battle where Maxie tried his best to beat me with two Spoink. Easy victory.
Jagged Pass: Cress the Bellsprout.

Then I wanted to grind at the Gym, but a Poliwrath used Submission and finished Tony-kun. I am ashamed of how careless I was.

So, what's left is to grind before fighting Asuna. I have learned my lesson. I'll be more cautious in the future.
It Begins
Wrys Cacnea.png

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The learned lesson definitely paid off. Grinding up to level 32 before facing Asuna.
Her team was started with Celebi (easy to take off with Eddie).
Then Regice (I swear every leader seems to have a Regi in their team, but Ricky's Brick Break 2HKO'd him).
Then Blaziken (that Lavani paralized and I was pretty lucky he never attacked, he only bulked up).
And finished with Altaria (got a Crit Astonish on Greening, but not enough to beat ha, Icy Wind finished it off).

Asuna's speech almost makes me feel bad for winning, I really like her and she sounds almost depressed.

But anyway, just wondering if I should also grind more before Senri's gym.

Also, Lavani:

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Is anime music licensed?
Okay, I know the banner I want today. Simple design so it should be easy to make (Voice inside my head giving a pat on the back for not being selfish for once)
Hey Gorls~ I managed to gather up the stream videos from my recent Utah Tournament. Here ya go for the people interested. I put them all in a playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrC8r7hWBAWPRRWg5issy6PDPcyS0Tp1m
Pardon if this is rude, but are you THE Ven?!

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just got up, and waiting for my sister to finish using the bathroom. So in the meantime, I'm going to be doing a bit of University work while I wait.

Also, since they've fixed the issues with uploading files. Here's what I got yesterday! :yeahboi:

Amiibo.jpg

Kyurems.jpg

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Okay, I'm officially 100% satisfied with my new channel banner. Hoppin' on that 80s train.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I JUST GOT STRIKER LUCIO IN MY LEVEL UP LOOT BOX

FINALLY

I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR WEEKS

I NOW HAVE ALL THE SUMMER GAMES SKINS

I'M SO EXCITED

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've managed to make two people very salty on For Glory in Teams. :V

Now, if I want to try out some other characters or just mess around. I now use the tag "NEP NEP" (If anyone gets the reference, then good; it's spreading. :3).

But anyway, first one was against a pretty bad Marth. He would just sit at the corner and hog it, if any of us got close. He'd grab us, and just FAir us off stage. :V

Then I switched to another character and was wrecking him and his teammate which was a Bowser who did nothing but a Dash Attack and Down B. And the occasionally Fully Charged FSmash. So after winning against him a few times and telling him that he can improve. I then lost to his Roy twice in a row. He put the tags "NEP" "SUCKS". And then left. :V

Which made me laugh. When he left, I had a blast; had fun against someone named ARTEM and someone named Hata, Hata being a Puff main; and ARTEM going whatever he wanted. They were fun. (The Bowser main stayed though, still doing his usual. :V)

Next was when I was partnered with someone a few times. He was pretty upset whenever we lost or if I accidentally SD'd. But there were some insane moments during it though; I managed to KO a Bayonetta at 50% from the top of Omega Pilotwings with Corrin (They tried to do Bayo's classic B&B, but failed). But then a Rosalina main came in; and pretty much ruined it all. :V

I think that Rosalina main was the reason why my partner was getting angry at me. He would often use "U•KNOW•WHT", "TEAMWORK" and "MEANS?" whenever he lost. And would sometimes use the tag "MY•PAL•SUX". I would reply with ":(" :secretkpop:

Then after one more game, the Rosa main left. And the final tags were "U•KNOW•WHT" "TEAMWORK" "MEANS?" "U•ASSHOLE", and then he left. :V

mfw I'm told I suck and being called out.

Also, I managed to KO a Jigglypuff with just the first hit of Witch Twist as well. Saved replays of both KOs, will probably post them later.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Eddie The Pacifist Eddie The Pacifist GGs~! :happysheep:
It was practically lagless~ :3

iirc my dad was watching some kdrama or something like that last time, so maybe that's why it was so laggy

Your Tink is def your best imo. How do I deal with projectiles as Corn halp

I gotta practice some gimmicks with dragon pin and dragon shot in training mode~

Zelda still sucks

I'm tr4sh with any other character that's not in my sig. I wish I can play as pretty boys like Robin and Cloud :c

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I've managed to make two people very salty on For Glory in Teams. :V

Now, if I want to try out some other characters or just mess around. I now use the tag "NEP NEP" (If anyone gets the reference, then good; it's spreading. :3).

But anyway, first one was against a pretty bad Marth. He would just sit at the corner and hog it, if any of us got close. He'd grab us, and just FAir us off stage. :V

Then I switched to another character and was wrecking him and his teammate which was a Bowser who did nothing but a Dash Attack and Down B. And the occasionally Fully Charged FSmash. So after winning against him a few times and telling him that he can improve. I then lost to his Roy twice in a row. He put the tags "NEP" "SUCKS". And then left. :V

Which made me laugh. When he left, I had a blast; had fun against someone named ARTEM and someone named Hata, Hata being a Puff main; and ARTEM going whatever he wanted. They were fun. (The Bowser main stayed though, still doing his usual. :V)

Next was when I was partnered with someone a few times. He was pretty upset whenever we lost or if I accidentally SD'd. But there were some insane moments during it though; I managed to KO a Bayonetta at 50% from the top of Omega Pilotwings with Corrin (They tried to do Bayo's classic B&B, but failed). But then a Rosalina main came in; and pretty much ruined it all. :V

I think that Rosalina main was the reason why my partner was getting angry at me. He would often use "U•KNOW•WHT", "TEAMWORK" and "MEANS?" whenever he lost. And would sometimes use the tag "MY•PAL•SUX". I would reply with ":(" :secretkpop:

Then after one more game, the Rosa main left. And the final tags were "U•KNOW•WHT" "TEAMWORK" "MEANS?" "U•*******", and then he left. :V

mfw I'm told I suck and being called out.

Also, I managed to KO a Jigglypuff with just the first hit of Witch Twist as well. Saved replays of both KOs, will probably post them later.
Why am I the only one to enjoy online play?
Seriously, if it's wasn't for the fact I think you're good people I'd swear you were lying
Also, I've definitely heard "Nep Nep" before, but I don't know what it is
Anyway. GGS Koiba Koiba
Your Jigglypuff is one of the most terrifying things I've ever fought. Makes me want to use her.
I hate Cloud so much that I love him. That's an odd thing to say, so allow me to explain.
Whenever I face a Cloud, I feel like my dignity is at stake and that failure is not permitted. It makes me able to do really well in even one of the most one-sided matchup in the game, King Dedede VS Cloud. I love it.

Top Bottom