• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I dislike the Boom character reboots. They're like the old characters with ace bandages, shallower and more stereotypical. Knuckles in particular was ruined.
That's not Knuckles, that's Shoulders the Bodybuilder.

I love Tetra tho
And she's not as bad on Legends since there's less enemies than on Wii U so her range works fine
Still not the best but she's not the worst
you don't need to lie here

this is a safe place

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Tetra is my favorite character in the game

Granted, I haven't played any of the DLC characters

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
I'm currently arguing with someone who thinks Game And Watch is the best character in the game.
Help.
Here's some of his arguments:
"His combo and aerial game are nearly unmatched. He has incredible kill potential with down smash, oil panic, and judge. His neutral air is a great combo starter. His pancake attack has hitstun. Need I say more? "
Also this.
"Rosalina isnt good for the same reason the Ice Climbers werent good; remove the partner and it all goes to piss. Plus, several top tiers have ways of attacking without projectiles. Sheik's needles suck yet shes top tier."
Do this:
image.gif

It's clearly impossible to salvage them.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I'm currently arguing with someone who thinks Game And Watch is the best character in the game.
Help.
Here's some of his arguments:
"His combo and aerial game are nearly unmatched. He has incredible kill potential with down smash, oil panic, and judge. His neutral air is a great combo starter. His pancake attack has hitstun. Need I say more? "
Also this.
"Rosalina isnt good for the same reason the Ice Climbers werent good; remove the partner and it all goes to piss. Plus, several top tiers have ways of attacking without projectiles. Sheik's needles suck yet shes top tier."
See, your problem is you aren't speaking the same language as him.

Try these:
"Yeah bruh, you're totally right. Shame his up-smash sucks so much. It's like Marios, and no G&W ever does the smart thing and spam it four times in place. What's up with that?"
"I mean, I guess if Judge gets a 9 it's good, but that's an odd number. Don't you think that's gross af?"
""Why, yes! Please, say more. Preferably with pictures and diagrams and tournament results. Oh, oh! Can you bring some crayons too? I like coloring."
"You're absolutely right about Rosalina and the Ice Climbers, clearly winter clothing makes you low tier in Smash. That's why Zero Suit Samus and Bathing Suit Shulk are the actual best characters."
"I guess the pancake attack is pretty good, but I like waffles better."
"Does his aerial game really matter that much in this game when Lucario has the better fanart on tumblr?"

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I've just finished Episode 4 of Spirit of Justice.

This case was called The Turnabout Storyteller.

It was a short episode. Kinda felt like case 3-4 in T&T which was a pretty short one as well.
But this was the only time you get to play as Athena and Simon Blackquill makes an appearance to help Athena defend the accused Bucky Whet.

The murder? It was the murder of Taifu Toneido (Nickname: Shisho), a rakugo performer. He was suffocated by udon dough that Geiru used to get revenge on him for handing over her father's heritage over to Uendo who has Dissociative Identity Disorder. Who has three other personalities (Patches. Really dumb and he often likes to joke around. Kisegawa. More mature than the others and she usually sets things straight. Finally Owen, a five year old boy who is really harmless and easily frightened). Owen only appears when Uendo, Patches and Kisegawa are all unconsious.

Due to her mainly focusing on getting revenge on Shisho, she forgot about her allergy to buckwheat, make soba noodles and shoved his face into a bowl of noodles to get rid of her blood that got onto his face during a struggle. She then attempted to pin the blame onto Owen by arranging Karuta Cards on his table, who in turn rearranged the cards from "OWEN 4TH" to "WHET NO 4" thinking it was a game. How did Geiru hide the udon dough? At around 4PM, she went out to feed her dog Jugemu the dough in the form of dumplings while Simon watched. Due to the dog having too much, buried the dough in the backyard.

Her breakdown was unique, for being a balloon artist as well... Let's just say the balloon burst MULTIPLE times for her. Shame that she got blinded by rage and revenge.

Overall, I wish the case was longer and allowed you to explore more of the crime scene with Athena. But alas, this is probably all we'll get to play as Athena. Sure she got her own case again, but it feels WAY shorter than the case in 5-3.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
See, your problem is you aren't speaking the same language as him.

Try these:
"Yeah bruh, you're totally right. Shame his up-smash sucks so much. It's like Marios, and no G&W ever does the smart thing and spam it four times in place. What's up with that?"
"I mean, I guess if Judge gets a 9 it's good, but that's an odd number. Don't you think that's gross af?"
""Why, yes! Please, say more. Preferably with pictures and diagrams and tournament results. Oh, oh! Can you bring some crayons too? I like coloring."
"You're absolutely right about Rosalina and the Ice Climbers, clearly winter clothing makes you low tier in Smash. That's why Zero Suit Samus and Bathing Suit Shulk are the actual best characters."
"I guess the pancake attack is pretty good, but I like waffles better."
"Does his aerial game really matter that much in this game when Lucario has the better fanart on tumblr?"
He's not replying anymore, but if he does, I'm actually gonna try these.
He replied with
*Drumroll*
"Heck, he could even be S tier, due to his agility and manuerability, plus easy combos."
WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?!
NOT. ****ING. THIS.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
He's not replying anymore, but if he does, I'm actually gonna try these.
He replied with
*Drumroll*
"Heck, he could even be S tier, due to his agility and manuerability, plus easy combos."
WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?!
NOT. ****ING. THIS.
You've built him up even greater than he could have become alone. Now you need to do what any good evil scientist does when they create an abomination; direct it and set the monstrosity loose on an unsuspecting populace far away from you.

The ICC thread is full of them, for example.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
You've built him up even greater than he could have become alone. Now you need to do what any good evil scientist does when they create an abomination; direct it and set the monstrosity loose on an unsuspecting populace far away from you.

The ICC thread is full of them, for example.
I'm not sure how to connect with this creature though
I can't let it run loose, it might convince newcomers that Game And Watch is actually good.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
speaking of HWL DLC, I haven't downloaded the new stuff yet or the most recent patch

Was Toon Zelda the only new addition?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
That's not Knuckles, that's Shoulders the Bodybuilder.

you don't need to lie here

this is a safe place
I also love the Naginata, Fi, Ruto, the Baton, and I don't hate Wizzro
:secretkpop:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
HW Impa is a sin against humanity and the only way to cleanse your soul is to burn you at the stake

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Toon Link received the Sand Wand which can also summon the Spirit Tracks locomotive to run over mooks with.
TRAIN is always an amusing attack

perhaps I should check this out tonight

I also love the Naginata, Fi, Ruto, the Baton, and I don't hate Wizzro
:secretkpop:
now I'm not sure if you're still lying or not

I love Ruto, Wizzro and Fi are alright (though I lost a lot of interest in Fi when Hasty Attacks didn't save her)

Baton and Naginata were both mistakes tho.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I like Baton because the little tornado thing you can control is ez mode for the ohko missions

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I love Tetra tho
And she's not as bad on Legends since there's less enemies than on Wii U so her range works fine
Still not the best but she's not the worst
Range isn't her problem, it's just about everything else.
Every attack is a pre-patch Zelda smash attack, where enemies fall out of the attack or get enough time to shield before the final attack (also the attack that does any significant damage) hits. Even C1, which was MADE to be a combo starter, you try to attack an enemy and they'll somehow be up with their shield in a single frame. Even with the Hookshot, she has 1 combo that works about a third of the time. Her damage isn't enough to be good either, and she's slow so you'll get hit a lot, and her special attack is probably the worst in the game and... she's just bad.
Fi is fun and you can do some neat stuff with her, and I like playing her, but she was the worst character in the game before Tetra and no matter how much I play or grow to like her, that's set in stone.

Currently I'm getting carried by Sheik loloops

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
TRAIN is always an amusing attack

perhaps I should check this out tonight

now I'm not sure if you're still lying or not

I love Ruto, Wizzro and Fi are alright (though I lost a lot of interest in Fi when Hasty Attacks didn't save her)

Baton and Naginata were both mistakes tho.
What exactly are Tetra's problems? I know why people don't like Fi, Ruto, Impa, and the Baton, but I've never really had trouble with Tetra
Edit: oop I got ninja'd

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Since I got time off now. I'll probably be lurking around for some matches tomorrow.

That is if I'm not playing Spirit of Justice again. :V (I need to get the rust off and still improve on my Lucina and Bayonetta)

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Range isn't her problem, it's just about everything else.
Every attack is a pre-patch Zelda smash attack, where enemies fall out of the attack or get enough time to shield before the final attack (also the attack that does any significant damage) hits. Even C1, which was MADE to be a combo starter, you try to attack an enemy and they'll somehow be up with their shield in a single frame. Even with the Hookshot, she has 1 combo that works about a third of the time. Her damage isn't enough to be good either, and she's slow so you'll get hit a lot, and her special attack is probably the worst in the game and... she's just bad.
Fi is fun and you can do some neat stuff with her, and I like playing her, but she was the worst character in the game before Tetra and no matter how much I play or grow to like her, that's set in stone.

Currently I'm getting carried by Sheik loloops
Well I guess I get it now
But I've never really been fond of combos in HW tbh
Though I have always thought of her special to be used to end a combo
And I haven't noticed any damage issues (though I've been playing Legends which has 4/4+ weapons sooo)
Plus she has some nice costumes in Legends
Maybe you'll like her more when you get her 4+ weapon, which gives her the light element as well

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I saw these while grocery shopping today

they looked too intriguing to pass on so I bought a bag

they are surprisingly addicting

Are the DLC characters any good?
Medli has some crazy juggles and hitboxes and always seems to do more damage than I expect her to, solid char 1v1 (though tough vs giant bosses without hasty attacks) and definitely my favorite character to play

Marin gives Daphnes competition for best water character

I haven't tried the other DLCs yet.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Are the DLC characters any good?
Medli has great juggles and good AoE but lacks in Giant Boss killing (her special isn't amazing either)
Marin is great but only really moves forward with her attacks
Boots is ironically not very mobile, but has decent juggling and is very flashy
Toon Zelda is amazing
Sand Wand lacks in damage at first and is rather slow but I've warmed up to it. Running enemies over with a train is very fun. C5 murders Giant Bosses

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I saw these while grocery shopping today

they looked too intriguing to pass on so I bought a bag

they are surprisingly addicting

Medli has some crazy juggles and hitboxes and always seems to do more damage than I expect her to, solid char 1v1 (though tough vs giant bosses without hasty attacks) and definitely my favorite character to play

Marin gives Daphnes competition for best water character

I haven't tried the other DLCs yet.
The Caesar and lightly salted flavors of those pea pod things are good. You should try them. I haven't tried that particular flavor that you bought because I don't like wasabi (even when I get sushi, I don't eat it).

Which reminds me, I really want sushi

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Linkle's Boots
I knew I was forgetting something

they're pretty middle-of-the-road and really bland imo, but the more you use air combos the better they are.

The Caesar and lightly salted flavors of those pea pod things are good. You should try them. I haven't tried that particular flavor that you bought because I don't like wasabi (even when I get sushi, I don't eat it).

Which reminds me, I really want sushi
Caesar sounds okay, lightly salted sounds boring. I might try Caesar next, but I think wasabi ranch is going to be my new favorite "junk-food-that-isn't-junk-food".

How can you eat sushi without wasabi?!

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I lost a friend today. She disappeared out of the blue and nobody knows why. Here's our final conversation. cricri im so sad I guess
2016-09-11_20.51.38.jpg

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
All of the Overwatch husbandos are pretty awful imo

Waifus are where it's at

Mercy and Ana 4 best Overwatch baes and none of you can disagree
third place is Widowmaker btw

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
All of the Overwatch husbandos are pretty awful imo

Waifus are where it's at

Mercy and Ana 4 best Overwatch baes and none of you can disagree
third place is Widowmaker btw
To be a true OW player-pro-person you must have a husbando AND waifu. Polygamy is totes in within the OW universe, you know.

Symmetra is my fav waifu because she is just as competitively viable as Zelda. Even both their names end with A. Zelda in disguise magic = Symmetra confirmed.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
you asked for it, so here's the definitive overwatch waifu+husbando tier list
waifusv2.JPG

btw strike commander morrison and young mccree are like 10/10

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So far I'm liking the Ocarina of Time characters a lot more in Leg Ends than I did in the Wii U version. Sheik is my go-to character for pretty much any type of mission, Darunia is pretty fun, and I just did 5 missions in a row using only Ruto and she didn't feel overused or boring.
And yes I'm going to call the game Leg Ends until I get tired of it.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Gonna upload my BoFu tier list for OW because ofc I must use the meme/tier generator thing.
Current Fubo Tier.png

So far I'm liking the Ocarina of Time characters a lot more in Leg Ends than I did in the Wii U version. Sheik is my go-to character for pretty much any type of mission, Darunia is pretty fun, and I just did 5 missions in a row using only Ruto and she didn't feel overused or boring.
And yes I'm going to call the game Leg Ends until I get tired of it.
So Legends is actually way more fun than the Wii U version?

Is it easier for missions at least? (Getting the 1,500 KOs in a certain amount of time, for example)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So far no, it's just the OoT characters I find more likable for some reason.
But I'm still super early into the game with only about half of the characters unlocked. Once I get everyone unlocked along with Hasty much later, I'll probably like it more.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Gonna upload my BoFu tier list for OW because ofc I must use the meme/tier generator thing.
View attachment 117704

Is it easier for missions at least? (Getting the 1,500 KOs in a certain amount of time, for example)
I think it is
And I've never had problems getting KOs
On a New 3DS it actually lags a lot less often than the Wii U version. And the balance on the adventure maps is way better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom