• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
You are doing the LorT's work, gorl. Or is it LordT's work?
It's completed, in any event.

In order not to put undue burden on the servers (websites and their owners typically don't like 3000+ page views more than the daily average in like a 5 minute timeframe), there's a time delay involved between page grabs so it's been running for hours already and it's barely at Page 900. Will be done by the time I wake up tomorrow, though.

I also finally filled out my favorite FEH character sheet. GIMP looked really nice, but I switched to Paint.Net cause only my desktop has a mouse.

Sword: I voted for her every day during the CYL event, used all my saved Ike orbs during the Princess Banner for her (and didn't get her), and when I finally did she's everything I could have asked for, so the only real choice was Eirika. She's invaluable and effectively future proof given her buffing abilities. Other choices would have been my primary red flier Caeda, some variant of Roy, or Lyn.

Lance: By far my favorite lance user for both her ability and rocking that pixie hair cut, and the one I end up trusting most of all; excluding the Effie I got from the Princess Banner, I don't think I got another dependable lancer until Summer Robin. While I've only rebuilt him, my +DEF Steady Breath Lukas is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite lancer for both his ability to curbstomp half of the developer maps singlehandedly and having a masculine redhead pixie cut. Is clearly blind as a bat, so now she has eyeglasses and there are three of her because I can't bring myself to fodder away any of them.

Axe: I rolled a Minerva in like my fourth or so summoning session and she was basically my only axe user of note until Summer Tiki. She's stupidly versatile and can pull off a pixie cut and flowing locks equally well, thus showing superior combat capabilities. Most likely to be a bro-con. Probably isn't going to change until Axe Lissa finally comes.

Archer: I don't trust Archers who use bows; doing so is disgustingly bizarre, speaks of low birth. and is clearly a sign of mental illness. FGO Archer on the other hand, as a self-respecting servant, uses swords. When he was a smol boi he also was a red headed pixie hair, so he's basically Hinoka's and Minervas long lost sister. Also known as Unlimited Chef Works, "J-Jam it in!", King of Domestic Servants, former best-selling Harley Quinn Romance Novel Protagonist, and Mommy. Most likely to block Gae Bolgs with his Rhos Ais.

Dagger: Miss-Too-Many-Volts-To-The-Face Felicia. She tanks magic and slaughters her enemies all while trying to make some afternoon tea. Domestic Skills are clearly A+++, can make ice cream and snow cones on demand.

Red Tome: Once I finally built Sophia, she's been my goto red unit. The only other real contender would be Katarina cause I'm constantly let down by Cecilia. Is an endangered species, please support your local anti-poaching organizations.

Blue Tome: I use Linde whenever I need a blue mage but I'm not really attached to the character at all. Caeda on the other hand still gets on the list this way and she's super fast with a blade tome for power. Is clearly the Queen, she rules. I hope we get her Mirage Session version at some point, with Wing Spear this time. Also her art looks like she's ready to make the catch of the lifetime, she the real MVP.

Green Tome: Spring Camilla. Only unit I have at 3000 HM, 9999 SP, she makes my entire Flier Team. I don't even know what the game would be like without her. Most likely to be too lewd for Smashboards.

Dragon: Mega Ultra Chicken, to go along with the rest of the farmyard animals in the bottom row. Honestly I haven't used the Dragons much, outside of the class-changed Summer Tiki. But for some reason the Tiki fanart on google images is almost as bad as Spring Camilla.

Staff: Elise. Along with being perfect on horse teams, as a wrathful staff user, and as a drowning older brothers aficionado, can also double as a football so Effie and Bridal Caeda can play some catch on the farm. Basically invalidates all healers that isn't Azama.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I actually managed to snatch the game a bit ago, agree completely about the fact that there's no run button; it's really tripping me up. Also not really a fan of how many regular actions are done through motion controls, it makes it really hard to utilize them w/o breaking flow.

The game is really good but another thing I'm not digging that much is the fact that the main story objectives are completely linear and a lot of stuff is locked in an area until you beat it, plus there's a world map which is kinda...weird. It seems more like Galaxy and less like they advertised, with 64/Sunshine.

did you guys go lake or wood kingdom?
It is definitely more sand-boxish than Galaxy, but it feels more like a weird blend. I feel you.
64's sandbox levels with all stars already there, and many different approaches is unique, but remember back at sunshine. Your approaches and all were pretty much up to you, like in 64, but it was way more linear, with certain shines only appearing after selecting said mission.

And the worldmap is... honestly fine? I mean, it's just like the caste, just that instead of opening a door/painting-jumping, it's traveling to another area of the world. It's atleast not Galaxy-2 like.
I personally feel it's definitely 64/sunshine styled, just with that they tried to recreate the 64 feel so hard, yet were unable to. The freedom I had in sunshine, especially with flood, is just not present here, I often feel just a little jump-height short from just doing creative skips, which saddend me a little. But on the other hand, the exploration is great. Many many different and creative ways. Nothing inside a world feels like "oh, get the 8 red coin star". No, they are all pretty well hidden, or atleast need to be accessed via platforming. Well... almost all, atleast.

Also, I went at both already, wood is definitely far superior, such fun hidden stars. Water was very pretty, and had a rather challanging platforming sub-quest in there.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Finally decided to get around to starting Revelation, and I noticed there was an option to start a save from the route decision point instead of the very beginning, but it's greyed out. Did I need to finish one of the routes completely to use that?

My save data for Fates corrupted near the start of the year, and my backup's only on chapter 19 of Conquest, so if that's how it unlocks I might be better off restarting. That or I actually finally finish Conquest, it's probably been long enough that losing ~6 chapters of progression won't feel off anymore.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Finally decided to get around to starting Revelation, and I noticed there was an option to start a save from the route decision point instead of the very beginning, but it's greyed out. Did I need to finish one of the routes completely to use that?

My save data for Fates corrupted near the start of the year, and my backup's only on chapter 19 of Conquest, so if that's how it unlocks I might be better off restarting. That or I actually finally finish Conquest, it's probably been long enough that losing ~6 chapters of progression won't feel off anymore.
Usually you just need to have played it up till the certain chapter, and you could fall back everytime. Except you change difficulty. Like, choosing hard mode, will make you play everything again. Since you -could- lose a unit in those chapters, or die.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Revaltions is basically just gimmick maps: the game

A lot of the units are literally unusable due to the level and chapter at which they join

I remember tons of people complaining about that

I played through the game with a mod that balanced all of the units’ join levels, which made the game a lot better

Imo revelations was the worst path of fates

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Frederick had this great freakout scene on the Fates history map and it reminded me that Freddy has a great VA.
Then I remembered that said VA (Kyle Hebert) also voiced my Danganronpa husbandos and I got depressed. Thanks game.

I tried out multiplayer with a friend and it's decent. Enemy spawns feel way too low so getting 2,000 KO's for S ranks feels a bit tedious, so we went through some story missions on Lunatic to also pick up the second half of Anna's Mementos while we were at it and it was fun. Ryoma and Frederick were his 2 favorite characters (ofc Freddy just had to be one of the first units I A ranked Ryoma with but oh well), but I mentioned Tiki and he had a blast playing as her.
Now that I've played all of the characters at least once, Marth is definitely my favorite and he's almost to max level Edit: He just hit max level. Least favorite is still Corrin probably but I gave ha Astra, although I haven't tried her since so idk how much that'll help.

LordTakeo LordTakeo I don't think I ever added you on my Switch friend list, my code is 2396-9345-5408 if you wanted to add me.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wait, there's no run button in Super Mario Odyssey? The game's huge and a run button would make sense. Then again, you can do that roll thing and there are some other methods of speedy movement like the Jaxi. It's just so weird, though, since recent games that have open worlds or are very large tend to let you sprint or move faster than your normal run speed. Even old games like Jak 2 and 3 and Sly 2 onward let you run faster or use a hoverboard in Jak's case to move faster. Man, it would have sucked if there wasn't a hoverboard and you were stranded without a vehicle in Jak 2 and especially 3 where the first part of the game takes place in a freaking desert wasteland.

Anyway, are there too many buttons? That's the only reason I can think of why there wouldn't be a run button. I have no idea if you can click in the analog stick on the Switch's controllers which if you can, then I really have no idea why there isn't a run button in a platformer with giant worlds.

Quick edit: Now that I think about it, it really makes sense why the demo players spammed the roll thing to move around in Odyssey.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
From what I've seen, people usually either roll or spam long jumps a la Super Mario 64 to move around quickly.

Jumping has some momentum carryover too, so you can for example roll downhill and then triple jump to keep that speed going.

Otherwise I'm pretty sure it's standard Mario run speed.

A lot of the units are literally unusable due to the level and chapter at which they join

I played through the game with a mod that balanced all of the units’ join levels, which made the game a lot better

I've heard similarly, but I've also heard it was the only one with a real story, and Warriors kind of motivated me to go back and do it.

That said I'll probably get distracted by EO5 or one of the older FEs by the time I finish it.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh yeah, I remember people complaining about that when I looked at certain units and read some complaints. I think it was more about base stats rather than levels. For example, and I'm going to try and not spoil as much as I can here, Peri joins the army with 27 HP, 16 Str, 0 Mag, 10 Skl, 15 Spd, 12 Lck, 12 Def, and 11 Res as a level 16 cavalier. That seems fine, but 3 chapters before her, Silas joins with 39 HP, 19 Str, 3 Mag, 16 Skl, 12 Spd, 11 Lck, 19 Def, and 14 Res as a level 18 cavalier. Silas has less room to grow as a cavalier, but he trumps her in every stat except for luck by 1 point and speed by 3 points; dude has +12 HP, +3 strength, +3 magic, +6 skill, +7 defense, and +3 resistance. I doubt Peri could make that up in 2 levels while joining in a later chapter with presumably stronger enemies. This is also not factoring in that Silas could possibly be a paladin, great knight, whatever by her join chapter.

And then there's Nyx who joins with the exact same stats she has in Conquest, but way later in Revelations. I get that there are a lot of characters and Fates is 3 games in one or a game with 3 stories, but the character balancing seems really bad from what I've read and seen. Some characters benefited like Hayato I think is considered better in Revelations than in Birthright and some didn't really change much since they join in relatively the same chapters as they did in Birthright/Conquest, but some are outright screwed in a no-grind run. Keeping them alive was a problem too if I recall correctly from the discussions.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Did Reserve just make a post that remotely sounds like it was made by a sane human being?

Amazing

:150:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
ppl: put more effort into your videos
me: no
me: fine now shut up
It's a gif because I even added in bubbles into the background, since I care that much about ppl.
I'm going to make these for every video. If "ppl" complain after this I'm done with YT tbh

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Doing some Uni work today while I have Mario Odyssey playing on the side. I think I've talked about what I wanted for Wi-Fi for now, gonna have someone look through it for me and see what changes I can do. Then get along with the next bunch that I have to do.

I then have to write up a handbook on ICT, have it be quote "An Encyclopedia Entry". Have to keep in mind of the audience and purpose as well. Thankfully, I have to write about 450 - 500 Words. Though I'll have to critically evaulate and polish it. And eventually finish off my main assignment with talking about Plagiarism. Fingers crossed I get it all done.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It's completed, in any event.

In order not to put undue burden on the servers (websites and their owners typically don't like 3000+ page views more than the daily average in like a 5 minute timeframe), there's a time delay involved between page grabs so it's been running for hours already and it's barely at Page 900. Will be done by the time I wake up tomorrow, though.

I also finally filled out my favorite FEH character sheet. GIMP looked really nice, but I switched to Paint.Net cause only my desktop has a mouse.

Sword: I voted for her every day during the CYL event, used all my saved Ike orbs during the Princess Banner for her (and didn't get her), and when I finally did she's everything I could have asked for, so the only real choice was Eirika. She's invaluable and effectively future proof given her buffing abilities. Other choices would have been my primary red flier Caeda, some variant of Roy, or Lyn.

Lance: By far my favorite lance user for both her ability and rocking that pixie hair cut, and the one I end up trusting most of all; excluding the Effie I got from the Princess Banner, I don't think I got another dependable lancer until Summer Robin. While I've only rebuilt him, my +DEF Steady Breath Lukas is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite lancer for both his ability to curbstomp half of the developer maps singlehandedly and having a masculine redhead pixie cut. Is clearly blind as a bat, so now she has eyeglasses and there are three of her because I can't bring myself to fodder away any of them.

Axe: I rolled a Minerva in like my fourth or so summoning session and she was basically my only axe user of note until Summer Tiki. She's stupidly versatile and can pull off a pixie cut and flowing locks equally well, thus showing superior combat capabilities. Most likely to be a bro-con. Probably isn't going to change until Axe Lissa finally comes.

Archer: I don't trust Archers who use bows; doing so is disgustingly bizarre, speaks of low birth. and is clearly a sign of mental illness. FGO Archer on the other hand, as a self-respecting servant, uses swords. When he was a smol boi he also was a red headed pixie hair, so he's basically Hinoka's and Minervas long lost sister. Also known as Unlimited Chef Works, "J-Jam it in!", King of Domestic Servants, former best-selling Harley Quinn Romance Novel Protagonist, and Mommy. Most likely to block Gae Bolgs with his Rhos Ais.

Dagger: Miss-Too-Many-Volts-To-The-Face Felicia. She tanks magic and slaughters her enemies all while trying to make some afternoon tea. Domestic Skills are clearly A+++, can make ice cream and snow cones on demand.

Red Tome: Once I finally built Sophia, she's been my goto red unit. The only other real contender would be Katarina cause I'm constantly let down by Cecilia. Is an endangered species, please support your local anti-poaching organizations.

Blue Tome: I use Linde whenever I need a blue mage but I'm not really attached to the character at all. Caeda on the other hand still gets on the list this way and she's super fast with a blade tome for power. Is clearly the Queen, she rules. I hope we get her Mirage Session version at some point, with Wing Spear this time. Also her art looks like she's ready to make the catch of the lifetime, she the real MVP.

Green Tome: Spring Camilla. Only unit I have at 3000 HM, 9999 SP, she makes my entire Flier Team. I don't even know what the game would be like without her. Most likely to be too lewd for Smashboards.

Dragon: Mega Ultra Chicken, to go along with the rest of the farmyard animals in the bottom row. Honestly I haven't used the Dragons much, outside of the class-changed Summer Tiki. But for some reason the Tiki fanart on google images is almost as bad as Spring Camilla.

Staff: Elise. Along with being perfect on horse teams, as a wrathful staff user, and as a drowning older brothers aficionado, can also double as a football so Effie and Bridal Caeda can play some catch on the farm. Basically invalidates all healers that isn't Azama.
S O O N

Also those pictures omg ♥

But who's the guy wearing skintight clothing/armor in the bow section? I can't tell if he is hot or a heaux so idk what to think.

Nohr's route was the most amazing of the 3, but had the worst story imo. Revelations had the better story, if we don't include all the random deaths for no reason besides "lol less units and less Support options" for whatever reason. I guess they didn't want Revelations to feel like the one-and-only type of story to build your units on for castle defenses and stuff.

The Hoshido route was... OK. Basically Awakening 2. I just severely dislike how all the sibilings are like omg SPOILER HAPPENED because of you bring that thing with you, so we should totally hate you. BUT WE DON'T LMAO!

Takumi: hello I am actually mad that SPOILER happened because that was my SPOILER and also your SPOILER so idk why you guys are sucking this dragon's **** right now and trusting him/her completely.

Them: Oooooooh Takumi~! *laugh track*

FEF Memers: WOW TAKUMI IS THE WORST HOW DARE HE ACT SO EDGY AND UNTRUSTING TOWARDS ME BECAUSE ALL THE OTHER SIBLINGS INSTANTLY TRUST AND LOVE ME EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE ALL THE REASON IN THE WORLD TO DO JUST THE OPPOSITE!!! TAKUMI IS A GARBAGE AND AWFULLY WRITTEN CHARACTER!!!

me: fine now shut up
It's a gif because I even added in bubbles into the background, since I care that much about ppl.
I'm going to make these for every video. If "ppl" complain after this I'm done with YT tbh
I'm pretty sure they meant they wanted to hear you sing the information to them and maybe include more shirtless husbandos in ban-worthy underwear and waifus wearing an assortment of elaborate strings. That's usually what quality means these days. Yep. True stuff.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
This is a full, almost-clean rip of the Xenoblade 2 battle theme and it's amazing. The battle theme of the original Xenoblade (specifically, Time to Fight, which is the battle theme for Bionis locations) was great. Xenoblade 2's battle theme, Fight, is better than it. And i'm currently debating whether or not it's better than Mechanical Rhythm, the original Xenoblade's battle theme for Mechonis locations (except for Sword Valley).

For now, i'd say Mechanical Rhythm is better than Fight, if only because the latter does not have a full clean rip, since the game isn't out yet. But once it is, i'll decide.

BTW, it was confirmed that, just like the original, Xenoblade 2 will have different battle themes as the game progresses. If the early game battle theme is this good, i can't wait to hear the battle theme for the later parts in the game.

Nohr's route was the most amazing of the 3, but had the worst story imo. Revelations had the better story,
I have to strongly disagree here. Conquest's story was bad, yes, but it at least had purpose. Revelation basically just invalidates the story of both Birthright and Conquest.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
But who's the guy wearing skintight clothing/armor in the bow section? I can't tell if he is hot or a heaux so idk what to think.
He's Archer, from the Fate franchise, along with being my goto Archer in FGO. I don't actually like any of the Archers in FEH, soooo...

He's a former heaux (I wasn't kidding about him basically being a former harelquin romance novel protagonist) who grew up to be a heaux slayer, and is generally considered the Top Chef and Best Mom of FGO. He's also the origin of the word "Gar", which is an abbreviation of "Garcher" which is in turn short hand for "Everyone is Gay for Archer". Might also be actually satan.

Yep, just, eh, a bit longer than soon.

The code works, it had finished the first 1700 pages and...then my wifi went out, which threw an error cause it couldn't access the next page so I had to start over. But if my laptop can just stay connected long enough over wifi to go through every page, then I'll have a single .txt file with the Page number, author, post number, and # of likes for every liked post in the thread up to the end of page 3293.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Revisited Warriors to check some things today. While not the goal, it also got me wondering about some moves I never really found good uses for, and was wondering if I was missing anything about them.
  • Pegasus C1: In theory, I liked how it could be used to scoop an officer out of a crowd and air combo their stun gauge above the reach of others. In practice, the damage to both healthbars and stun gauges feels low.
  • Corrin C1: I've found zero purpose to the uncharged version; it looks like fsmash, but it doesn't have range like fsmash. The charged version is basically Ganondorf C1, except without the damage...and needing to charge it for 2 seconds or so, which is also awkward.
  • Archer C3: It's way slower than most C3s, the damage seems bad (frankly all C3s seem bad to me aside from bananas/Robin/Fred/kind-of Marx), and I don't see what it does that I can't do with N4/C2, but I'm a sucker for arrow rain type moves.
  • Camilla C1: I never really understood why this move exists. It needs to be charged, but even at max charge it takes a long time to do nothing as far as I can tell. I don't think it even guardbreaks.
Edit: Also probably worth noting that Takumi's crits do less damage than Celica's and Lucina's (Celica>Lucina>Takumi), so I'm pretty certain at this point that archers do in fact have weak crits at base. I might switch to Sakura in light of that, but I like Takumi more and his skill's more useful than hers.

Edit2: Piggybacking off my discovery that guard could cancel Lissa C1 oddly early, guarding seems like a better way to cancel moves than dodging for the most part in this game. Don't need to waste time on the dodge animation before your next move comes out, you can do things like just hold L and spam Tiki's C1 really quickly.

Edit3: Even though nobody in the game feels bad to play, it's kind of crazy how big the power gap is between top and not top tier. The Echoes Anna map takes me 8 minutes with Lyn+Caeda, 12 with solo Tiki, and almost 16 with Fred+Corrin.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Got around to leveling up Arden and Minerva and they're awesome. Arden with his Follow-up Ring is just stupid while Minerva, as to be expected, is a really good unit. The only weird thing is I don't really know what to do with her since her stats are pretty balanced except for the whole being +Def, -Res making her about as tanky as Michalis outside of health. I'll figure it out later -- hopefully soon considering my barracks size.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i finally got Dolphin to run on my laptop which means i can finally play Path of Radiance. I've tried Dolphin before, but the game would never load, so i assumed my laptop just couldn't handle it. Turns out it can. And pretty well actually. The audio is a bit staticy but the game itself runs fine.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Got around to leveling up Arden and Minerva and they're awesome. Arden with his Follow-up Ring is just stupid while Minerva, as to be expected, is a really good unit. The only weird thing is I don't really know what to do with her since her stats are pretty balanced except for the whole being +Def, -Res making her about as tanky as Michalis outside of health. I'll figure it out later -- hopefully soon considering my barracks size.
Imo give her fury to make her even bulkier

Maybe QR for the b slot? (or vantage/breaker of your choice)

I run L&D on my Minerva and she’s pretty good. I usually use Belka and Cherche instead of her, though

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Imo give her fury to make her even bulkier

Maybe QR for the b slot? (or vantage/breaker of your choice)

I run L&D on my Minerva and she’s pretty good. I usually use Belka and Cherche instead of her, though
Yeah, I've been considering stuff for her, but she seems good right out of the box. Also, still having 30 defense after L&D3 because she's +Def is pretty hilarious.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
welp I ran out of orbs and I didn't get axzura, well at least I'll have a +2 Inigo to show for it hopefully I'll pull a Setsuna eventually so i can give Inigo an anti-horse meta build

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
datamined halloween unit stats
Halloween Sakura's datamined stats: 33/32/34/14/34
compared to felicia, she has -1 hp, -3 spd, -4 def, and -1 res, but +9 atk

Halloween Henry: 36/33/34/26/36
honestly so disappointed about the high spd and low def. IS why. at least his res is super good. he'll still be good with CC due to the +12 from the wards. it's kinda hilarious that henry carrying a huge coffin is faster than regular henry

Halloween Joker: 42/35/23/33/32
ranged sheena with an actual attack stat. i definitely want him

Halloween Nowi: 34/34/32/20/27
honestly not that impressive. defensive stats are nothing to write home about and her atk/spd are average. least interesting unit on the banner by far. apparently she didn't even get the trainee boost either lol

edit: apparently henry and joker only lost 3 points instead of the standard 10 point penalty for ranged units. we still need their level 1 stats to confirm the bst boost tho

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
+Atk, -Spd ToD Jakob looks delicious. Henry is weird. Kind of wished he was basically his regular self, but with pumped up attack and resistance. Oh well.

edit: apparently henry and joker only lost 3 points instead of the standard 10 point penalty for ranged units. we still their level 1 stats to confirm the bst boost tho
157-59 BST could have worked, but if true, I guess the developers felt like it wouldn't be good considering you'd be using 1 movement ranged units who only have ~10 more stat points most of which would probably be in defensive stats. So, knights being knights, they may decided that ranged knights should have higher BST.

At the same time, my guess for a Jakob who was speed screwed because of his shackles would have been fine: 43 HP, 33 Atk, 19 Spd, 33 Def, and 29 Res is still pretty good. ~165 BST seems a bit too much. 162 would have worked and so could have 157-159 BST.

Edit: Tailtiu became 4* summonable. So, I have a 40% bonus unit now. Better late than never, I suppose. Also, terrible start since a bunch of blues showed up.
4* Est: +Spd, -Def.

3* Florina: +Def, -Atk. Ew, back to Illia you go.

4* Klein: +Atk, -HP. Seriously, this dude keeps showing up after BH Lyn when I needed him before her. Whatever...

5* Olwen: +HP, -Res. Well, hello there.

4* Tharja: +Res, -HP. Oh, she finally shows up by not being -Atk or -Spd.

3* Lon'qu: +HP, -Spd. Goodbye, again.

4* Lukas: +Res, -Def. And away you go.

4* Reinhardt: neutral.

4* Sully: +Def, -Spd. Note to self: use this one for Spur Def...

4* Tailtiu: +HP, -Spd. Regardless, you're speeding up the TT and others with your Drive Speed.

Quick Edit 2: Ayra's banner gave me no reds only 2 colorless, 2 blues, and 1 green, so I left with just a freebie summon: a +Def, -Res 4* Fae. I'm not going to bother with that banner. Having Ayra would be great, but diving into a banner of regular heroes isn't worth it with the Halloween banner being up and I just got a 40% bonus unit through Tailtiu. And then there's the eventual regular banner 2 weeks later.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'M SO HAPPY

OUR UNIVERSITY WON THE QUALIFIER

WE ARE MOVING UP THE RANKS TO REGIONALS AHHHHHHH

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
The Big House 7 will go down as one of my favourite tournaments for both games
So, Armada loses his 7 year streak of not losing to anyone other than The Big Six, and it's to the player that had a serious problem beating him, having 1 game taken from Armada before this. HBox was also a treat to watch, I enjoyed his set versus Armada a lot. On the Smash 4 spectrum it was even better, in fact it was a best case scenario. Dabuz, my favourite player beats Nairo, an opponent who he hadn't beaten in over a year AND goes on to win his second super major of his Smash 4 career. Also Marss was on a complete rampage. I mean 3-0 over ZeRo in ZSS's arguably worst matchup? Well done
Damnit, I've missed you. Welcome back!
I feel bad for not logging in for weeks and coming back to this.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Got a Henry in my second green orb

He’s +hp -spd tho

I guess I can’t really complain, especially since I managed to get a focus unit within only 50 orbs

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning former Zelda mains. Everyone doing good? :4zelda:

About to work on my handbook now which is to introduce people to the idea of ICT, IPs and the Internet as well. Has to be using easy to read and understand phrases and wording.

I just realised something, the Moon Collecting tune in Odyssey is a remixed version of Super Mario 64's Star Collecting tune. I never noticed it until now.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
In the grand tradition of me not getting a 5* unit as a free summon, I got a +RES Virion on Trick or Defeat ._.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
-ATK/+RES Neko Sakura
-DEF/+HP Monster Jakob
Spooked Maria
Spooked Ayra, but she's -DEF/+SPD

Can't really complain, now I'll just save up / grind f2p orbs to get Nowi.

honestly not that impressive. defensive stats are nothing to write home about and her atk/spd are average. least interesting unit on the banner by far. apparently she didn't even get the trainee boost either lol
Compared to the other flying mages, she looks fine to me:

Summer Corrin: 34 / 31 / 34 / 22 / 26
Spring Camilla: 39 / 35 / 25 / 30 / 19
Halloween Nowi: 34 / 34 / 32 / 20 / 27

Her A-slot skill shouldn't be dismissed, either. Ally Support + Fortify Fliers + ATK/RES Bond = 40 RES.
With one of the anti-Reinhardt sacred seals, a neutral Nowi with the above defensive buffs can tank a +ATK Death Blow 3 Reinhardt with full horse buffs.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
This game is gonna give me a heart attack omg
With 40 orbs on the halloween banner I got
+HP/-Def Minerva
+Def/-Spd Katarina
+HP/-Atk Clair
I think the game wants me to do a flier team :drshrug:
I’m really happy about Minerva and Clair. Clair obviously needs a better nature but she can be fixed. But with these two I can finally do a simple flier team. I’m not sure if I’ll go for Nowi, if I get her, I’d rather get her A Skill or Hone Fliers
As for Katarina, I have a couple options. -Spd prevents her from being as good as my Sanaki or Celica, so she’ll probably be used for fodder. Swift Sparrow is extremely valuable and would help my Corrin a lot. But, Raudowl is exclusive to her, and I’ve always wanted to do an Owl team, ever since the tomes were released and I got Innes. The tome would be perfect for my Lilina, who needs another Tome anyways. Plus, Swift Sparrow is on two other units. But all 3 are 5 Star Exclusive, with one being stuck in colorless, so it’s pretty much just as exclusive as Raudowl. So hm, idk my best option with her

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
"Recommended" oh ok Youtube I'm sure this will- oh.

Halloween Sakura's datamined stats: 33/32/34/14/34
compared to felicia, she has -1 hp, -3 spd, -4 def, and -1 res, but +9 atk

Halloween Henry: 36/33/34/26/36
honestly so disappointed about the high spd and low def. IS why. at least his res is super good. he'll still be good with CC due to the +12 from the wards. it's kinda hilarious that henry carrying a huge coffin is faster than regular henry

Halloween Joker: 42/35/23/33/32
ranged sheena with an actual attack stat. i definitely want him

edit: apparently henry and joker only lost 3 points instead of the standard 10 point penalty for ranged units. we still need their level 1 stats to confirm the bst boost tho
omy

Henry's stats are kind of annoying, but they are good considering his skill line up. It seems they're trying to make offensive armor emblem more viable. If not, he can be used in defensive armor emblem with that hella bulky RES of his to handle common magical threats like Reinhardt, Olwen, or any blue magic user basically since that's all people care about. I haven't seen many red magic users in Arena, now that I think about it...

Husbando Jakob is amazing though. I must have him in my laifu.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, I summoned a Sakunya who I wanted the least in terms of practicality. Nowi and Jakob or Henry are at the top since I don't have a flying mage and Jakob and Henry are the first ranged knights in the game. That being said, Sakunya is adorable, so it's all good.
3* Beruka: +Spd, -Atk. Yep, you're going home.

3* Cecilia: +Res, -Atk. Probably going to send her home.

4* M!Corrin: +Atk, -HP. Oh, he's a 4* version of the 5* M!Corrin I have.

4* Lon'qu: +Atk, -Spd. Stop showing up as -Atk or -Spd!

5* Sakunya: +Def, -HP.

4* Clair: +Res, -HP.

4* Niles: +HP, -Atk. Seriously?

4* Ogma: +HP, -Def.

4* Raven: +Spd, -Atk. I have way too many Ravens... Why couldn't he have Threaten Def 3 as a 4*? Whatever, guess Tobin will get Threaten Def 2.

4* (regular) Roy: +Res, -Spd. Well, at least he hits harder than the first Roy who is +Res, -Atk.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
just beat the main story of mario odyssey

it was cute and all, but the gameplay is really where odyssey shines

idk if i'm going to 100% the game, but i'm at least going to keep collecting power moons for a while

edit: some of the stuff you unlock after beating the game is pretty cool. i won't spoil it for you gorls, though

Compared to the other flying mages, she looks fine to me:

Summer Corrin: 34 / 31 / 34 / 22 / 26
Spring Camilla: 39 / 35 / 25 / 30 / 19
Halloween Nowi: 34 / 34 / 32 / 20 / 27

Her A-slot skill shouldn't be dismissed, either. Ally Support + Fortify Fliers + ATK/RES Bond = 40 RES.
With one of the anti-Reinhardt sacred seals, a neutral Nowi with the above defensive buffs can tank a +ATK Death Blow 3 Reinhardt with full horse buffs.
they made her too well-rounded

i was hoping nowi would be a res-focused version of spring camilla

she's not bad or anything, but she doesn't specialize in any stats, which is bad for the current orko meta (and is why palla is such a lame unit)

i'll probably still pull for halloween nowi, but only because she's a flying mage. i'm not sure if i'll bench elincia to use her instead

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So I figured it out and Swift Sparrow vs Sturdy Blow is a very small difference in kills on Yato Corrin, so my Katarina won’t die for Swift Sparrow fodder. Which means I can finally do the Owl team I always wanted, once I get a Boey and enough feathers. The question is, who would be the best Raudowl user?

My Katarina is +Def/-Spd, while my Lilina is +Spd/-HP. Speed is very important on Katarina, but all the Spur buffs she’d be getting on an Owl team would Counter that (All the units would have Spur Something + the equivalent seal, to give out +8 of a stat) And while Lilina also has a bad nature, that’s much easier to fix than Katarina’s, and Lilina has higher Attack power than Kat. So hmm

I could also try to find a good Henry or even Sophia and try to make them work. What do you gorls think?

Top Bottom