• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Video and Critique Archive ~ (obselete thread/check stickies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Zelda vs. MK is not even close to even.....don't let WiFI deceive you goodkid.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah I agree. If we're talking even skill level. MK will have a very clear advantage. I also think that MK will probably still have even if he's the less skilled player.

Bandit

Smash Lord
MK is definitely advantage, but Zelda isn't destroyed. She does things that screw up his "usual" game and makes them use other weapons at his disposal. She takes away the glide attack, to an extent the shuttle loop (dair beats it), and dtilt destroys his dash approach. She can stop the tornado a few ways as well.

Unfortunately, he is still a combo machine that is quick as lightning and amazing priority. Those two things couple with amazing recovery options makes him advantage and difficult to deal with. Zelda simply takes away a lot of the usual tricks.

goodkid

Smash Lord
yeah I know this match-up is disadvantaged, but she can hold her own, I just play defensive, so I know what to expect, most MKs use jumping dair as approaching, but yeah ^^^ she just takes away his usual tricks.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap, i didn't know that my combo vid was on here. That's awesome. i was thinking the zelda community didn't know who i was. anyway, im gonna be having my second combo vid up soon, been having issues with my capture card as of late, so im trying to get it up as soon as possible. Can it be put on the first page please? i thinks its only on page number 3 and the only ones on the front page are Naks and DMs

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Holy crap, i didn't know that my combo vid was on here. That's awesome. i was thinking the zelda community didn't know who i was. anyway, im gonna be having my second combo vid up soon, been having issues with my capture card as of late, so im trying to get it up as soon as possible. Can it be put on the first page please? i thinks its only on page number 3 and the only ones on the front page are Naks and DMs
Ya no problem, i'll put it on the first page the next time I update this thread.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, interesting. Stall and fall moves like Yoshi Bomb can bait and punish Up Smashing Zeldas, like during DM vs MrEh

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Can someone please critique these videos :(. I just want either the first or second video critiqued.
I'll be brief.

1. You charge in too much.
2. You need to be able to hit your kicks and trap with up airs more consistently.
3. After low damage refrain from over spamming of smashes as they will not be good killing moves otherwise.
4. Don't panic/go auto-pilot and throw out moves without thinking them through.

I usually offer people wanting critique to play me on wifi and I usually give a better analysis after that.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'll have a Dazzler very soon so I'll be loading the saves on the tube.

Most will be of me playing as Sonic, but the more recent ones are of Z.

If you want me to save the replay of your match's against me, let me know.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I'll be brief.

1. You charge in too much.
2. You need to be able to hit your kicks and trap with up airs more consistently.
3. After low damage refrain from over spamming of smashes as they will not be good killing moves otherwise.
4. Don't panic/go auto-pilot and throw out moves without thinking them through.

I usually offer people wanting critique to play me on wifi and I usually give a better analysis after that.
Are you busy tonight? I will be busy from tomorrow until Monday, so I'm hoping we could play a few matches tonight.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
There is a 6 hour time difference between Georgia and Hawaii, so I don't think we will play tonight.

I might be able to play after work tomorrow, which should be around 8:30 Georgia time (2:30 Hawaii time). So if you are available around that time till about an hour later, we should be able to play :)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
There is a 6 hour time difference between Georgia and Hawaii, so I don't think we will play tonight.

I might be able to play after work tomorrow, which should be around 8:30 Georgia time (2:30 Hawaii time). So if you are available around that time till about an hour later, we should be able to play :)
Sorry no can do. I will be at school until about the same time tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out for you though. We'll play eventually.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Matches of me are hard to come by. So I am taking what I can get lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GbVOgrUq5E&feature=channel_page

Its part of a crew battle, but I still want the advice if you please.

You can watch the rest for the lulz if you want. For reference MattDotZeb (the luigi) was talking **** the entire time anyone from our team was playing so 3 stocking him was a special treat. He was a good sport though!

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Ok, but you have to wait until the summer. I have to make sure I get through this semester first. This summer is the summer of smash training!!!!

and that HUMUNGO gaming event is going on anyways so I should try to kick *** for that as well...

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Matches of me are hard to come by. So I am taking what I can get lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GbVOgrUq5E&feature=channel_page

Its part of a crew battle, but I still want the advice if you please.

You can watch the rest for the lulz if you want. For reference MattDotZeb (the luigi) was talking **** the entire time anyone from our team was playing so 3 stocking him was a special treat. He was a good sport though!
Good ****. I approve.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
DM, you didn't end up making it to CoT4 right?

Are you hitting the mainland for any tourneys in future? I really wanna see you play against some of the mainland's best and stuff. It's so rare to get to watch great Zelda's in action, and knowing Riot/GodatHand I love watching Zelda vids now. I'd love to see how you'd do on the EC(major EC bias of course)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
DM, you didn't end up making it to CoT4 right?

Are you hitting the mainland for any tourneys in future? I really wanna see you play against some of the mainland's best and stuff. It's so rare to get to watch great Zelda's in action, and knowing Riot/GodatHand I love watching Zelda vids now. I'd love to see how you'd do on the EC(major EC bias of course)
I have one or two in mind atm, but if I really do go for a major EC tournament I'll announce it to everyone for sure.

Honestly I have the same expectations that I had when I went to OC3 and Dan2. And that's to do the best that I possibly can and to always go down kicking.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Excellent. Hopefully whatever you're at I can make it to. So far the only Zelda that I've found that can beat my Diddy is Riot, but than we have a severe lack of Zelda's in the area... and Snakeee never travels out here. Love to get some friendlies.

And watch heads turn as people realize how good Zelda can be. :p

Bandit

Smash Lord
There seems to be one Zelda in each region while a few are blessed with two. I used to hate how under represented she was, but it just makes dealing with her so much harder since people don't know the match-up. Most still think she sucks because of her melee reputation, but they see her in action and start thinking of using her as a secondary.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Red, you of all people should know that Z is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

I feel bad for the one's who don't know what to do against her.

Thank god for dittos. >.<

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
She is a beast, and a hot one at that. No one should ever underestimate Zelda, but they will and we will punish them for it.
Dominatrix stylee of course! ;)

This hasn't been updated in awhile =( I've contacted marsulas but he hasn't got back to me. Hopefully he will soon. Maybe he's on a break.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'll give it a bit more time and then I'll update it if marsulas doesn't come back ^^ Video threads are definitely important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom