• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's alt costumes

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Not every palette swap has to be a reference. Green Samus is proof that sometimes they just need a costume that's green/blue/red for team battles. Unless you have sources, all this "x is supposed to be a reference of y" talk is nothing but conjecture.

If red Zelda is a reference to Erotic's pic, she has sleeves because the base model has sleeves. They may have colored her hands to match her skin tone, but they didn't actually alter the model.

Also, the bottom of red and blue Zelda is not the same as the top, for the record.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Its funny how a lot of people like Zelda's red, blue and black dresses because of the bottom part being the same colour as the top.

lol thats why I didn't like those alts.:awesome:

Melee alts ftw...
For real!!! I wish the blue one in brawl made the bottom of the dress white instead of a darker blue

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Not every palette swap has to be a reference. Green Samus is proof that sometimes they just need a costume that's green/blue/red for team battles. Unless you have sources, all this "x is supposed to be a reference of y" talk is nothing but conjecture.

If red Zelda is a reference to Erotic's pic, she has sleeves because the base model has sleeves. They may have colored her hands to match her skin tone, but they didn't actually alter the model.

Also, the bottom of red and blue Zelda is not the same as the top, for the record.
?

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Apparently Zelda has no alt costume, only recolours.
On the upside though theres apparently a white costume and a rumour of a Hilda recolour.
It should be White Dress + Black Hair + Silver Shoulder Armor (I hope). And I'd imagine the Hilda recolour would replace "Dark" or Witch Zelda.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Apparently Zelda has no alt costume, only recolours.
On the upside though theres apparently a white costume and a rumour of a Hilda recolour.
Welp…Can't say Im surprised. Just disappointed. Oh well.

*Hope that the white colour has blonde hair.

Last edited:

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
This has already been established here, but still WHITE DRESS CONFIRMED HOLY JEZUS. :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

That will be my reaction if it's something similar the the Melee white alt.

Which it probably won't be, since it's pretty similar to Zelda's TP dress and having two purple/white themed dresses would seem like a waste of space.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Also, it's been said that's there no Hilda hat, so it leaves two slots.

Probably one for the green dress, but the other? I can't think of something.

Something totally random and awesome just crossed my mind: Malon.

Yeah, I know that's Cremia and Romani.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
*Hope that the white colour has blonde hair.
I really hope it does too. Perhaps it could resemble something similar to Zelda's ceremonial outfit from SS? That would give her at least something SS related.

Also, it's been said that's there no Hilda hat, so it leaves two slots.

Probably one for the green dress, but the other? I can't think of something.

Something totally random and awesome just crossed my mind: Malon.

Yeah, I know that's Cremia and Romani.
lol those Bowser pins. :awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
So am I the only one that likes the blue/red dresses on Zelda?
upload_2014-9-7_16-53-15.jpeg

I just love the grayish blue they used for the blue dress (plus Sheik's red scarf!) and the red tones with the red dress, than there's the lack of gloves on her hands? Come on guys... Like, I love all Zelda's okay?

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
View attachment 24355
I just love the grayish blue they used for the blue dress (plus Sheik's red scarf!) and the red tones with the red dress, than there's the lack of gloves on her hands? Come on guys... Like, I love all Zelda's okay?
Red and Blue were my most used costumes other than default.

Btw, is anyone else a little sad that Zelda won't be getting an alt apparently? Zelda has a different look in EVERY game she's been in. It was so easy for her...

Last edited:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 24355
I personally think that her red and blue pallet swaps were terrible. The solid base looks just awful and the blue tone used for the blue costume was way too dark. It almost looked black in some stages. Sheiks pallets were good, Zelda's were mediocre at best. The only good thing out of her brawl alts were the sleeves on Red Zelda, but that truly isn't a remarkable achievement. Melee's were better.

Red and Blue were my most used costumes other than default.

Btw, is anyone else a little sad that Zelda won't be getting an alt apparently? Zelda has a different look in EVERY game she's been in. It was so easy for her...
Nintendo disappoints again, should we be surprised? There were so many options for costumes, but I think the developers have proven that they really don't give a **** about Zelda. OP Palutena ftw. :glare:

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 24355
I liked them better than the rest of her alts. In fact, if you switched Pink and Green, then they'd be ordered from my favorite to least favorite, with default being my favorite and most used color scheme.

Last edited:

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I wasn't too big of a fan of her Brawl alts, personally. I thought Melee's were way prettier. I always stuck with her default.
I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone and experimenting with a Zelda color. I don't think I'll do her black (goth), but I'll look into white.

Prynne

Smash Apprentice
The Brawl recolors were definitely more thought out than the Melee ones, at the very least, but that can be said of most characters, not just Zelda in particular. They changed her hair color for two of them and had much more intricate dress recolorations, which was nice. I'm personally looking forward to the Red Zelda in Smash 4, it looks exceptionally well done. The red recolor, which I use all the time, has gotten progressively better in each game, while I feel the standard OoT from Melee was my personal favorite as far as original design goes.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
No groose alt :troll:

No exactly what I expected for the white alt, but I really like it anyway!

Dat green alt, though... :troll:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
The green one was in Brawl, it just looks slightly different. She has an adult OoT and child OoT color now.

Her last color seems to be based off of one of her NES artworks, I can't remember exactly.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The green one was in Brawl, it just looks slightly different. She has an adult OoT and child OoT color now.

Her last color seems to be based off of one of her NES artworks, I can't remember exactly.
I was simply expecting a change to the green one, but at least @ Zeldaisthegirl Zeldaisthegirl will be happy! :awesome:

I realize that the second to last is not OoT but ALttP / ALBW. Blue color at the bottom. Epicness everywhere.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I was simply expecting a change to the green one, but at least @ Zeldaisthegirl Zeldaisthegirl will be happy! :awesome:

I realize that the second to last is not OoT but ALttP / ALBW. Blue color at the bottom. Epicness everywhere.
Lol I see, I just wanted to clarify.

Oh it isn't? I don't remember too much about her colors. Great for it to be a ALBW color then.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Zelda Lttp/ ALBW Alt replacing the OoT pallet. And the white is disappointing.
In the end, I think that the purple IS OoT after all. Despite the purple top, the dress is pink, same goes for the pattern at the bottom, and the banner is blueish. Not to mention the blond hair.

Edit: Saying **** It's more Toon Zelda, for the blue banner.

Edit 2: Applied to TP Zelda, it's almost the same thing anyway.

Last edited:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
^I think it's original. It's missing too much to warrant the title of OoT inspired but @ least the ALBW one looks fantastic and better than the brawl OoT pallet. The white one looks like poo on toast but I'll blame it on 3ds quality.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
^I think it's original. It's missing too much to warrant the title of OoT inspired but @ least the ALBW one looks fantastic and better than the brawl OoT pallet. The white one looks like poo on toast but I'll blame it on 3ds quality.
What is missing to you?

Also, the problem with the white alt is that the shoulders are also white. But except that, I like it.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
What is missing to you?

Also, the problem with the white alt is that the shoulders are also white. But except that, I like it.
tumblr_static_blank_title_white_transparent 2.png

Assuming it hasn't changed since this^^^
Very light blue crown as opposed to OoT Red
Light blue Jewels in general
Purple is very very very dark as opposed to OoT which is supposed to be pink
I just don't think it looks like her @ all.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
View attachment 24611
Assuming it hasn't changed since this^^^
Very light blue crown as opposed to OoT Red
Light blue Jewels in general
Purple is very very very dark as opposed to OoT which is supposed to be pink
I just don't think it looks like her @ all.
The famitsu scans show that the purple is clearly less saturated. I agree for the jewels, though.

By the way, Melee's Zelda had differencies with OoT Zelda, so...

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
The famitsu scans show that the purple is clearly less saturated. I agree for the jewels, though.

By the way, Melee's Zelda had differencies with OoT Zelda, so...
Can you post the famitsu scan?

Well yea ssb4 Zelda has many differences from TP Zelda. Seeing how they took SS Zelda's face.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Can you post the famitsu scan?

Well yea ssb4 Zelda has many differences from TP Zelda. Seeing how they took SS Zelda's face.
It's just above, the picture Toadallstar and I posted. (well I just had the colors. At least they have a better quality :troll:)

Also, Fierce Deity Link have many differencies from his MM incarnation (not to mention an actual costume)... Yet it IS Fierce Diety Link.

Last edited:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
It's just above, the picture Toadallstar and I posted. (well I just had the colors. At least they have a better quality :troll:)

Also, Fierce Deity Link have many differencies from his MM incarnation (not to mention an actual costume)... Yet it IS Fierce Diety Link.
I'm sorry I just don't believe that it's OoT. In my mind OoT is pink. There are just too many discrepancies for me to accept that it is OoT. It's a great costume, but imo it fails @ evoking any memory of OoT Zelda. The ALBW evokes more memories of OoT Zelda then the purple/ blonde Zelda.

I haven't seen the fierce deity link pallet, so I can't really understand the point you're trying to make.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm sorry I just don't believe that it's OoT. In my mind OoT is pink. There are just too many discrepancies for me to accept that it is OoT. It's a great costume, but imo it fails @ evoking any memory of OoT Zelda. The ALBW evokes more memories of OoT Zelda then the purple/ blonde Zelda.

I haven't seen the fierce deity link pallet, so I can't really understand the point you're trying to make.

Last one.

I agree that it's not exactly the OoT/Toon color schemes, but the main traits are here. Again, we stated that SSB4 Zelda's is different from TP Zelda, as much as Melee's Zelda is different from OoT Zelda.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman

Last one.

I agree that it's not exactly the OoT/Toon color schemes, but the main traits are here. Again, we stated that SSB4 Zelda's is different from TP Zelda, as much as Melee's Zelda is different from OoT Zelda.
Meh, i'm still going to call it purple/blonde Zelda cuz it looks nothing like brawl. As far as i'm concerned OoT Zelda's reign has ended, and ALBW has taken it's place.

1410377232-sm4sh-3ds-palettes-zelda 2.png

Seeing as how the colours of ssb4 are much more vibrant than brawl and closer to their root colour, I'd definitely say that ALBW is the successor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom