• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Dthrow Spike

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Can we have a list of stages and which characters get spiked on that stage and a section for abnormalities? (I.e. D3 on yoshis.)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Why would you test on Spear Pillar? It's not even a counterpick. :laugh:
I said it didnt matter in my original post, and people still use it to piss ppl off for friendlies. I just tried some places that had those same edged :bee:

jbozz1217

Smash Apprentice
I know it's kind of off-topic, but how do you get the alternate costumes and stage looks, etc? Can someone lead me to the right place to find out something like this?

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
First of all, great find.

Secondly, a question relating to DI. You mention that DI can alter the trajectory of the bad bounce off the wall. Have you done enough tests to conclude that proper DI cannot prevent any character's bodies from hitting the wall in such a way to cause the bad bounce / spike?

For example, the following shows how a falco can counter Zelda's dthrow stage spike (assuming a missed tech).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddmSClDy5q8

I DI up and away from the stage, which is exactly tangent to the downward 45 degree angle of the stage spike, and Falco is easily in range of the stage.

Of course Zelda can still try to edge guard... but not simply edge hog and "LOL".

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I think that whole situation screams "Dair me"
Oh absolutely, if zelda mains go off the stage against falco (which I wouldn't know). But nevertheless, IMO it's important to know that it isn't a "guaranteed" kill with an edgehog against falco. Gotta know all your and your opponent's options.

I *think* it's a guaranteed edgehog kill against gannon, but it's hard to 100% confirm without a 2nd person to test with at the moment.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Can we have a list of stages and which characters get spiked on that stage and a section for abnormalities? (I.e. D3 on yoshis.)
This.

Awesome find though. But I can't be bothered to watch all the video's. xD

Too lazy I guess.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Battlefield:

Both sides -
Lucario

Right side only -
Falco
Ganondorf (possibly guaranteed edge hog kill?)
King Dedede

NL can fill in the other stages if he wants to :p

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I noticed that it worked for Falco when you did it on the right side, but not on the left side.
Why is that?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I noticed that it worked for Falco when you did it on the right side, but not on the left side.
Why is that?
The stage isn't quite symmetrical.

This sounds like it could come in handy. Yes, it's incredibly situational, but every little helps, especially if you're playing as a low tier like Zelda.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Everybody should take the time to actually read the OP so we can stop asking redundant questions.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
thank you kaylo for understanding. <3

Just read my AMAZING first post.

_

Did anyone find anything new such as stage/character combo?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I saw this happen to a Sonic (or was it a DDD?) when I played Evan, TUSM, and some other people earlier this week. I forget who the throwing character was (wasn't Zelda), but it was the same idea -- on the right side of Battlefield, btw.

The problem with Zelda is that she's not exactly a character who can get grabs easily, especially in a specific spot. This is a cool trick and all, but she's slow with a hella laggy grab.... the opponent would pretty much have to be recovering right up on the edge of the stage for it to work, and except for a handful of characters, that doesn't really happen.

I would do further testing, but I'm working on other stuff beforehand, so this would be last priority.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I saw this happen to a Sonic (or was it a DDD?) when I played Evan, TUSM, and some other people earlier this week. I forget who the throwing character was (wasn't Zelda), but it was the same idea -- on the right side of Battlefield, btw.

The problem with Zelda is that she's not exactly a character who can get grabs easily, especially in a specific spot. This is a cool trick and all, but she's slow with a hella laggy grab.... the opponent would pretty much have to be recovering right up on the edge of the stage for it to work, and except for a handful of characters, that doesn't really happen.

I would do further testing, but I'm working on other stuff beforehand, so this would be last priority.
I mentioned sonic in another post sweetie XD

Yes her grab is slow but dtilt/jab to grab works near the ledge. It can be used still.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I mentioned sonic in another post sweetie XD

Yes her grab is slow but dtilt/jab to grab works near the ledge. It can be used still.
Okay, and I mentioned Sonic in my last post. o.O Hooray? I was just commenting that I saw it done in a real match recently. :p

If anything, the next step for this, imo, would be to list who we can get a guaranteed edgehog on out of this. Someone mentioned Ganon a few posts ago.... I'm sure there are others. Probably Lucario.

And also what the situation is if they tech. Kataefi said we still get a frame advantage, but I don't think anyone's tested it. (P.S. I didn't watch all the vids, so if it's in one of them, ignore that last comment.)

Top Bottom