• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Glide Toss

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Hellow!! lol Well i posted this because something very strange happened to me while I was playing a FFA on Wi-Fi. I was using Zelda (naturally lol) on Pokemon Stadium (Melee) so i picked up a Star Rod, i swung it and then i tried to throw it at kirby but then Zelda shielded, then "wavedashed" very fast to where Pikachu was facing and threw it. I have the replay on my Wii but i don't have a SD card :urg: what should i do because i want to show the video so you can tell me if it's some kind of wavedash or not because i woulnd´t like to get my hopes up and in the end just saying nosenses..:bee:

------->
<-----------

Zelda has one of the best (i think) Glide Tosses in the game, she slides all the way on Battlefield and Half Final Destination if not more =)

Zelda's Glide Tosses wonderfully forward and backwards, well in any direction possible, unlike other characters

She can Glide Toss:

Peach's Turnips

Snake's Grenades

Link's and Toon Link's Bombs

Diddy's Bananas

Zero Suit Samus's or Zamus Parts

Since Zelda's Glide Toss reaches Far, you can Glide Toss the item and follow up with a smash attack, although
this tactic would fail sometimes since your opponent can shield and then attack out of it, so try to don't be predictable with this tactic =)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKaa9vyiChw

Arean

Smash Ace
dont u have a camera? You can record using that.. even a poor quality video is fine

Roller

Smash Legend
just film your recording with a video camera. easy as pie.

However I think the real question here is WTF were you doing playing in FFA online?!

EDIT: 400th post FTW!

Arean

Smash Ace
If you think about it... will there be items in competitive play hehe.. and yeah it sounds like glide tossing...

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
zelda is like the opposite of peach (glide tossing wise) for distances
Zelda cant glide forward but has a really good backwards
peach is really good for gliding forwards but bad backwards

Triforce_Chauzu

Smash Apprentice
Yah, the timing's hard. When I'm Peach, I often mess it up. And with Zelda you don't really train Gliding, so it isn't really strange that Zelda players don't glide far...

Proverbs

Smash Lord
How DO you glide toss? That's absolutely ridiculous! And can Falcon or G&W do it? Just curious. If so then all of my mains can do it.

Top Bottom