• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda's Matchups ~ (obselete thread/check stickies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Is the MK MU really that bad? (25-75: 20-80)
And her worst matchup??
Ive been playing some decent MK's and I havnt had much trouble at all.
I just play defensively and I win lol.
Marth and Snake are more difficult than MK imo.
Even Peach

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The only MU I find worse than MK is G&W. And Olimar is more annoying, though I wouldn't call it worse.

But. Yeah. A really good MK ***** Zelda, and at the point where the MUs are that bad, the specific order of difficulty isn't really important.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
And her worst matchup??
Even Peach
eh.... I agree with that, but, even then, MK is a bad matchup. Whether or not he's a horrible matchup is not certain, but he certainly won't be a fun one.

lil cj

Smash Lord
The only MU I find worse than MK is G&W. And Olimar is more annoying, though I wouldn't call it worse.

But. Yeah. A really good MK ***** Zelda, and at the point where the MUs are that bad, the specific order of difficulty isn't really important.
Yea your right.

As for Olimar,
I knew the MU was one of her worst but never experienced it before
Havnt really fought a really good one yet lol.
Just ones that like to grab alot and spam downsmash.
He's just so short its hard to lightning kick him:mad:

eh.... I agree with that, but, even then, MK is a bad matchup. Whether or not he's a horrible matchup is not certain, but he certainly won't be a fun one.
Understood.
Ive had some bad experiences with MK
and some good ones too.
Its a matchup that you have to play almost perfect to win.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
And her worst matchup??
Even Peach
too bad MKs defensive game eats through Zeldas. i'd rather fight a bunch of Olis cause a good Dsmash can possibly setup/gimp him. same w/ Snake.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Snake is one of my favorite MUs with any character, including Zelda. So fun to play against. <3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol i agree with kaylo, i like playing against marth and metaknight as well

it's just... they're so common, and i'm so fluent in the matchup, so i can kinda adapt with any character now

i wish i could say the same with rob. ughh that guy is so annoying

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Marth and Snake are two of my favorite matchups as well... Marth all the way from Melee actually.

We Zeldas are masochists.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
It's more likely there's something wrong with the G&Ws you play.
Either that or your Zelda is godly.

I always love playing against anyone big and bulky (Bowser, King Dedede etc.), because it's so much easier to get lightning kicks on them, USmash becomes an amazing juggling tool, and Zelda flat out does well against them.

n88

Smash Lord
Either that or your Zelda is godly.

I always love playing against anyone big and bulky (Bowser, King Dedede etc.), because it's so much easier to get lightning kicks on them, USmash becomes an amazing juggling tool, and Zelda flat out does well against them.
Lightning Kicks aren't that hard to land if you know what you're doing. Granted, the people I play with suck even worse than I do, but I usually have a pretty easy time landing Lightning Kicks on the likes of Pikachu and Kirby.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I personally hate playing Snake. So gay that I die at 100 every stock while I cant kill til around 150.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Baiting ftilts is so good, though.

Campy Snakes aren't nearly as fun, but campy anything is pretty lame.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Campy Snakes are much more pleasant to fight than campy Warios... or Robs... or Foxes... or...

(How am I supposed to get used to KayLo's new avi?)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hate the steer things off track but I can't remember what you guys have for Peach vs Zelda, is it 60:40?

It's just I think things might be a bit worse for Zelda with Turnip sliding (or Bone Walking as everyone is insisting on calling it lol)

It basically allows us to pull up a Turnip whilst sliding. Peach does a foxtrot and towards the end of the foxtrot, she can slide in the direction she's facing as though running and pull up a Turnip at the same time

I don't have the luxury of testing this against a human Zelda but I imagine if someone has got this down 100%, this would give Zelda absolute hell considering the problems she has approaching and the problems Turnips give her already because this means we aren't open for getting punished by stopping dea in our track to pull up a Turnip

Yea
Just a thought
Carry on ^^

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea well when we see Peach players starting to do this on a consistent basis get back to us.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
i don't think it would get any worse than 65:45 Peach even w/ the bone walking.
I agree with this. In fact I think it would still stay as an 60:40 MU. If someone were to find a way to instantly pull out turnips without any lag and how to do that in the air, now that would be BAD.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I dont even care about the numbers personally.....
A number is just that: a number. We don't need to waste time figuring the exact ratio of how bad a matchup is, since we can easily just say that "this matchup is balls" and be done with it.

If someone were to find a way to instantly pull out turnips without any lag and how to do that in the air, now that would be BAD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT7VxlY2AKY#t=0m56s

jk

I imagine that might be a while

Give or take forever at this rate
At least Peaches are competing in tournaments and are actually placing ok.

The same can't be said for Slowgirl. lol

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Talking about Kirby, why was I the only one to defend Zelda in their MU rediscussion some time back? It was hard convincing them that Zelda can actually do something else than get gimped, especially since I'm neither good or well-known player.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Just tell them LOLLOLOLOLOLLOL usmash.

What well known kirby players we're debating against you haha and what well known Zelda players are there? Sounds like one hell of a debate over nothing that anyone can prove. Since Kirby is primarily a character who wins by baiting and Zelda wins by playing ultra defensive so in reality it should be pretty even.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Just tell them LOLLOLOLOLOLLOL usmash.
It was a long time ago so no need for that. They eventually put it to 55:45 Kirby which most of them also agreed upon but at worst it looked like it could end up being 65:35 which just sounds incorrect to me.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm neither good or well-known player.
That's probably your answer, lol.

If you haven't played any really good Kirby players, the most you can do is theorycraft based off of limited experience, frame data, and previous discussion on the boards.

That's not to say that you can't contribute, but if your opinion is wildly different than everyone else's, you probably won't get taken very seriously.

Just stating trufax, not trying to be offensive at all.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
If you haven't played any really good Kirby players, the most you can do is theorycraft based off of limited experience, frame data, and previous discussion on the boards.
In fact, I used to main Kirby at one part and also played against an okay Kirby player every now and then so I had some experience of the MU. Of course there're plenty of people that know it better than I do but it's not like I was just theorycrafting.

The reason I said I'm not good is that I haven't played against any big names or entered into tournaments so I can't really judge if I'm good or not. The chances are I'm mediocre at best.

That's not to say that you can't contribute, but if your opinion is wildly different than everyone else's, you probably won't get taken very seriously.
They actually said it should be about even until this one guy came out of nowhere and said it's 65:35 and suddenly some of them started agreeing with that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing him or anything, he did explain the reasons behind his opinions and had his facts mostly right. There was just the fact he forgot few things Zelda has going for her and overestimated Kirby's killing and survival ability.

And yeah, I completely understand you're not trying to be offensive. Those are the facts as you said and I know that.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Gotcha.

Just gonna say, though, that tournament is significantly different than playing casually, even if you're playing good players.

People play a lot differently (a.k.a. much more lame half the time) when there's money/rankings on the line, and most good players sandbag -- intentionally or unintentionally -- when it's just a friendly.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Wow, I found the three matchups I like cant win lol

Sonic, Ike, and Im ashamed to say, Ganon (but its on wifi so w/e :p)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
lol two wifi kings and sonic. for sonic just dtilt and jab abuse, dins if hes like fd distance away just to make him move around.
Dtilt and jab are pretty hard to time on an incoming Sonic >.< Ill have to keep trying though, and Dins really gets me punished O.o

Anywayz Im off to bed, night jiigs :tired:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Dtilt and jab are pretty hard to time on an incoming Sonic >.<
i usually just shield.......... all he gonna do is spin spin spin spin spin spin spin spin spin spin spin spin spin spin

cancel that **** then do some aerial bull****

but seriously. straight talk. shield, then usmash/nair whatever he tries to do on his way down. much easier than tryin to time a dtilt/jab/fsmash since sonic is the king of baiting ****

ummmm maybe i'll post more clearly tomorrow morning if this needs clarification

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Depends on what you mean by 'incoming'.

If he's spinning (b-attacks) then I pretty much agree with Kaylo, taking the first hit with the shield and u-smashing/nairing (I would do usmash at lower damages first for juggling and again at REALLY high damage for any kill oppurtunity).

If he's plain running, he's either going to run straight past you (mindgame), shield grab at point blank, or dash attack. If you are feeling daring, you could shut off his shield-grab game by f-smashing/autocancelled d-air>smash/etc.

Against sonics, if i were wanting to land d-tilts, then it'd probably be when I airdodge>spotdodge or just spotdodge successfully for any of sonic's attack and then pivot the d-tilt if i need to to nail him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom