• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Personal Matchup Thread

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Bowser vs Zelda is not even. GR shenanigans don't work on Zelda. Zelda can get a lead and run away, forcing Bowser to use his not-so-great approach game. Bring up any other point and I'll try to clarify on it
Bowser can get a lead and run away, forcing Zelda to use her not-so-great(worse than Bowsers) approach game

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Bowser can get a lead and run away, forcing Zelda to use her not-so-great(worse than Bowsers) approach game
or throw fireballs lol

as for Lucas i think its even. im pretty much agree w/ Shedgy about it. it may just be my bad/luck but Lucas (and Ness) seem to get out of Usmash easier than most other characters, which is annoying as we're open to a bat to the kneecaps.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
or throw fireballs lol

as for Lucas i think its even. im pretty much agree w/ Shedgy about it. it may just be my bad/luck but Lucas (and Ness) seem to get out of Usmash easier than most other characters, which is annoying as we're open to a bat to the kneecaps.
it's still not EASY, but, yeah, the earthbounders can get out of usmash.

normally they don't have enough time for a full Fsmash though. normally only a Dtilt. For ness at least. lucas MAY be able to get off an Fsmash with great reaction time.

And stop trollin' fuujin.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
ohh I was away too much time and now we're on Lucas x_x

the "good" news: I have no exp with REAL good players on any of those MU's I missed

the bad news: I can't help this time, so I guess I'll wait for a MU I know... sorry :c

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
who mains lucas?

also no. i havent played a good one for a longtime, but off my memory since i've played it both as lucas and Zelda, it feels somewhere around even territory.
just ignore him.

I've never seen him ever post anything that wasn't just trolling for a response.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'd say the matchup is just about even. I think that it's 50:50 but on some stages, lucas has an advantage so I could even go as far as 55:45
like I said, 50:50 on some stages and lucas's advantage on others so the matchup is, if not even, then 55:45 lucas' advantage.

T-block

B2B TST
Because it's so random you never know who will win :awesome:

It's Lucas' worst stage, with the uneven ground and lethal Support Ghosts. But it's not good for Zelda either, is it?

I think Lucas has an advantage here (+1, maybe +2). Both have difficulties approaching, but Lucas has more options to do so.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
How so???

:phone:

It's Lucas' worst stage, with the uneven ground and lethal Support Ghosts. But it's not good for Zelda either, is it?

I think Lucas has an advantage here (+1, maybe +2). Both have difficulties approaching, but Lucas has more options to do so.
This and no its not good for Zelda either normally, for the same reasons and that the ledges hate her like Sakurai.

but because the stage is small, keep away w/ PKfire is less of a hassle for Zelda.

Fuujin

Smash Champion

Zelda can't catch Lucas, it might be a slighty easier at YI but its still difficult, not enough to make it near even.
Lucas doesn't really need to approach.
Every time she goes in for an attack is an opportunity for Lucas to punish and ts not like she can even attempt to camp.
Not to mention she's light and can't take much damage.

What Chuee said since FAE is being a dummy.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@Mr.Eh: I could see that. Personally I find the MU even just because I probably don't play against Bowser right. Let me practice against them more and I'll eventually figure them out. I hope lol.

Lucas: I have Galeon in my region and it's either even or slightly for Lucas (+1). Once you get a hold of Lucas, terrible things happen to him. Dtilt, for some reason, locks him really well. If I'm not mistaken, we can also GR -> regrab, forcing pressure on the ledge (Don't quote me on this, gotta check first!). His recovery can be punished fairly well, if not gimped. Just avoid the evil little stick, Dair, and the super obvious but still kills you Usmash and everything will be ok.

Chuee

Smash Hero
If I'm not mistaken, we can also GR -> regrab, forcing pressure on the ledge (Don't quote me on this, gotta check first!). His recovery can be punished fairly well, if not gimped. Just avoid the evil little stick, Dair, and the super obvious but still kills you Usmash and everything will be ok.
Doubt zelda can regrab seeing as her grab is slow as ****.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
It really isn't, if anything, Lucas just performs a little better on most stages than us. Not bad at all.
I'd have to disagree.
Lucas is low tier but the gap between him and Zelda is pretty big imo.
If you're gimping Lucas, with Zelda of all characters the Lucas is doing something really wrong.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Point taken that I forgot to include at least zap jumping. Fair enough. In my experience however, it is not that difficult if the opportunity presents itself.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
My thoughts exactly.
When you other Zeldas say stuff like this it reaaaalllly makes me wonder what goes on in your heads.
because your making the assumption that Lucas never has to recover using PK thunder from a bad position?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It not that he can't be put in a bad position, it's unlikely. Zap jumping makes him go high vertically while magnet pull does it for horizontal.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
^ that makes a lot of sense.

Welp, I suppose it's time to hope that GR -> Dtilt works lol. Also hope that the opportunity to gimp Lucas presents itself lol.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
because your making the assumption that Lucas never has to recover using PK thunder from a bad position?
A good Lucas won't have to recover with PK thunder.
Were ****ing Zelda, not Meta Knight.
We don't chase characters off stage and put them in bad positions.

It not that he can't be put in a bad position, it's unlikely. Zap jumping makes him go high vertically while magnet pull does it for horizontal.
Thank you Ryu, if you weren't here it would just be "Fujin stop trolling. maybe you should start playing better, you don't know what you're talking about herp derp!".

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Fujin stop trolling. maybe you should start playing better, you don't know what you're talking about herp derp!"

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's not that Zelda doesn't have some pros, but I doubt gimping is one since Lucas isn't really forced that badly into those positions off stage with his recovery options. It's even harder to Zelda outside of maybe Dsmash to do it.

Also I wanna talk about Link, Kirin and co think Link wins the MU I kinda feel the same way. What do you feel pushes it into Zelda's favor for it?

Fuujin

Smash Champion
It's not that Zelda doesn't have some pros, but I doubt gimping is one since Lucas isn't really forced that badly into those positions off stage with his recovery options. It's even harder to Zelda outside of maybe Dsmash to do it.

Also I wanna talk about Link, Kirin and co think Link wins the MU I kinda feel the same way. What do you feel pushes it into Zelda's favor for it?
They haven't played a good Link, same reason they think Lucas is even.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
:confused: When did this become a discussion?

either way yoshi is up now.
if anyone wants me to change their ratio let me know

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I feel that yoshi's another 50:50.

the nature of his recovery gives us free din's damage a lot of times, so that's nice.

And a hugely helpful thing is that he really can't camp any better than we can. His eggs are BETTER, but both are bad and if you're decent at powershielding his eggs shouldn't be a problem until you have to approach through them.

His weight is nice for juggling with usmash, so that's a plus. and his spot-grab is pretty slow meaning it's not quite as bad for zelda to pressure his sheild. however, if you get stuck ABOVE yoshi, that uair is horrifying.... then again, he's also in a horrible position if he ends up above zelda... though he IS more maneuverable so it should happen less often.

Stages with correctly laid out platforms can really hurt his eg-projectile game giving zelda a slight edge when it comes to who causes who to approach, but more open stages give yoshi better ability to pressure.

Overall, neither really has much of an advantage over the other with zelda being able to rack damage quite well but yoshi being able to kill us at earlier percents. As is usual for zelda, you don't want to give your oponent an advantage because zelda's foes can run away with it pretty well, but yoshi's got a harder time getting one from zelda in the first place than most of the cast, so it's not that bad.

Again I reiterate 50:50

MrEh

Smash Hero
Gimping is never one of Zelda's pros when she's likely to get gimped herself if she even leaves the stage.

Top Bottom